• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If stamina is an issue when grinding Wayward Champion, might be worth it to switch over to In Pursuit of Dr. Gero under Area 14. With the 3x XP boost, a run will give 2328 more xp than Wayward and it's still a relatively short and easy level. Two Teq bosses but an Int team should handle it still no problem.

Savitar

Did three solo summons, got two more Uubs, only two away from maxing his SA now ha. Got excited a little each time saw Goku go SS too, oh well.

Kicking Bardocks ass to knock my level up more. All green team makes mince meat out of him, doesn't hurt got Cell and SSGSS Goku.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
hey let me do 2 yolo pulls since we got a bunch of free stones

life is pain

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If stamina is an issue when grinding Wayward Champion, might be worth it to switch over to In Pursuit of Dr. Gero under Area 14. With the 3x XP boost, a run will give 2328 more xp than Wayward and it's still a relatively short and easy level. Two Teq bosses but an Int team should handle it still no problem.
It would just barely give me a rank level, problem is I want the senzu beans from Wayward warrior

denebj

Neo Member
I did not realized how easy it is when you have Blue for Cell ...
I needed 10 more medals for my TEQ Cell Dupe. I pulled Blue and the Old Int Piccolo .... Together with the Stun and the +2ki links ...
I pulled a TEQ Whis that I added in the mix .... Cell get stun every time...
I use a friend Turtle for the extra stun then I put Buff goku that gives a nice +2ki with Ready for war with him, then INT Adult Gohan as the heavy hitter, plus the STR #17 ...
That fight was a breeze ... I cannot believe I struggled so much ... You have the right cards and it is just an easy walk ahahah

This is the perfect time farming the Android 13 medals and cards, so far I haven't had any down time with Stamina since it levels up and refills quickly. Saw on a Reddit post that it's helpful to have a dokkaned one and regular one for the SSJ3 Goku fight coming up

StMeph

This is the perfect time farming the Android 13 medals and cards, so far I haven't had any down time with Stamina since it levels up and refills quickly. Saw on a Reddit post that it's helpful to have a dokkaned one and regular one for the SSJ3 Goku fight coming up

I don't see any good links to warrant a 2nd normal Android 13 to pair with.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
can I pull an SSR character from the multi pull after the tutorial?

Been trying for awhile and I've yet to get any SSR character

can I pull an SSR character from the multi pull after the tutorial?

Been trying for awhile and I've yet to get any SSR character

Yes, only the tutorial character pull is limited to SRs. Its just very RNG based and the Dokkanfest doesn't have the best rates so not getting a SSR is not a surprise. Keep trying and if you are lucky you might get Broly who you can farm the medals for next time Dokkanfest comes around. SSJ3 Goku is another good one to get too.

got Majin Vegeta, should I keep rerolling?

1 - are you happy with that? Majin Vegeta gets a dokkan eventually....
2 - do you have the patience to keep going? If so, make a transfer code, screenshot it, and keep going.

Pretty sure the futureproof SSRs are pretty much Broly and SSJ3 Goku but I'm sure a bunch of people here will correct me if I'm wrong.

Maxim726X

1 - are you happy with that? Majin Vegeta gets a dokkan eventually....
2 - do you have the patience to keep going? If so, make a transfer code, screenshot it, and keep going.

Pretty sure the futureproof SSRs are pretty much Broly and SSJ3 Goku but I'm sure a bunch of people here will correct me if I'm wrong.

I think any of the nukes are future proof as well

got Majin Vegeta, should I keep rerolling?

Are you starting a completely new account or just rerolling to make a better account?

If a completely new account I'd recommend rerolling till you get one of the top SS or Z tier characters from this list.

Note that 2 of the Z tier characters and a lot of the SS tier characters aren't global yet.

If you are rerolling, aim for one of the Z tiers, though most of them work better with a nuker which you should eventually pull anyways.

I'd say that a leader skill with +25% attack to all is the best leader skill and unit to pull for a SSR at first.

So SSG AGL Goku, SSJ3 Goku and lots of others with 25% attack to all are some good units to pull for to get through story quickly. All the Orb changer and nuking units are good for taking out single targets after you've cleared the quests and stuff.

yogloo

Rather than wasting time rolling a new account. You should buy it at dbz.space instead. Only a few bucks and you can pretty much pick the cream of the crop with almost no effort.
For a new account, the ideal characters would be broly and your favorite character.

Rather than wasting time rolling a new account. You should buy it at dbz.space instead. Only a few bucks and you can pretty much pick the cream of the crop with almost no effort.
For a new account, the ideal characters would be broly and your favorite character.

I looked at those, 10 bucks for like 4 SSRs lol. Depends on whether you value your time vs your $10. Agreed though, some of those rolls are pretty good when you consider the poor rates that some of us have been seeing.

Oh yeah, I have 3 old kais taking up space in my stash. Should I save them or use them on one of the following URs:

TUR Kid Buu
UR AGL SSGSS Goku
UR AGL Saiyaman
UR STR Saiyaman 2
UR Majin Vegeta
UR Bojack

I could just leave them sitting there, but I'm starting to run out of space in my character list.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I looked at those, 10 bucks for like 4 SSRs lol. Depends on whether you value your time vs your $10. Agreed though, some of those rolls are pretty good when you consider the poor rates that some of us have been seeing.

Oh yeah, I have 3 old kais taking up space in my stash. Should I save them or use them on one of the following URs:

TUR Kid Buu
UR AGL SSGSS Goku
UR AGL Saiyaman
UR STR Saiyaman 2
UR Majin Vegeta
UR Bojack

I could just leave them sitting there, but I'm starting to run out of space in my character list.
Save them for Gogeta; how can you run out of space, just expand.

TUR Kid Buu
UR AGL SSGSS Goku
UR AGL Saiyaman
UR STR Saiyaman 2
UR Majin Vegeta
UR Bojack

Do not ever use Old Kai on Dokkan awakened characters from non URs aka the SSR awakened that you turn into URs like the Saiyamans.

Bojack is also bad. Pick someone with the Supreme super modifier. But all in all just wait for when you get a nuker unit like TEQ Cell or Gogeta like Kitty said.

Only TUR Kid Buu fits the bill with his Supreme damage but having a level 4+ super on a nuker can be even better.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If you're gonna nuke with someone out of those it should be SSGSS.

Speaking of nukers this happened

6VPkBThl.jpg

Went days without getting SA at all. Decide to call it quits for today on account of being tired, even though I have a lot of stam left. Only have five to feed with 1% chance each and this happens.

Do not ever use Old Kai on Dokkan awakened characters from non URs aka the SSR awakened that you turn into URs like the Saiyamans.

Bojack is also bad. Pick someone with the Supreme super modifier. But all in all just wait for when you get a nuker unit like TEQ Cell or Gogeta like Kitty said.

Only TUR Kid Buu fits the bill with his Supreme damage but having a level 4+ super on a nuker can be even better.

I kinda figured as much on the SR dokkans. Just threw them into the list of UR cards so my list doesn't look so terrible lol.

I'll probably just have to end up waiting for better cards. One day my luck will turn around, hopefully.

Error

I got Ultimate Gohan and I looked at the global tier list and he is in the Z tier, should I keep him?

edit: Yeah I think I'll keep it, it'll drop considerably once Gogeta gets introduced to the global version looking at the current JPN tier list, but right now I just wanted an OP unit that can carry me all the way till endgame.

I got Ultimate Gohan and I looked at the global tier list and he is in the Z tier, should I keep him?

edit: Yeah I think I'll keep it, it'll drop considerably once Gogeta gets introduced to the global version looking at the current JPN tier list, but right now I just wanted an OP unit that can carry me all the way till endgame.

Well Dokkan awakened Ultimate Gohan is amazing with +3ki for all so he is pretty damn good. At least SS tier.

yogloo

Item:6E8A7 at dbz.space is what I think would be an ideal starter account. Broly for tournament, ultimate gohan as the main cannon/ki leader and teq whis the lifesaver stunner. I think it's worth the $7 they are asking for.

StMeph

If a completely new account I'd recommend rerolling till you get one of the top SS or Z tier characters from this list.

If you are rerolling, aim for one of the Z tiers, though most of them work better with a nuker which you should eventually pull anyways.

Broly earns his place entirely on the back of his World Tournament performance. If you're interested in playing hardcore and getting a high WT place finish for guaranteed SSRs, then Broly is top-tier. Without his WT performance, he's not nearly as high, so make sure you're willing to spend an enormous amount of time grinding to warrant picking Broly.

The others that that tier available on Global are absolutely great, but they're basically half of the core part of a team. The nuke-enabling leaders -- TEQ SSGSS Goku, PHY SSGSS Vegeta, and AGI Golden Frieza -- need a strong nuker to take advantage of their leader skill for OHKO capabilities. TEQ Goku wants TEQ Perfect Cell, AGI Frieza wants AGI Gotenks, and I'm not sure who pairs ideally with PHY Vegeta.

So to a reroll list I would add PHY Ultimate Gohan and STR SSJ3 Goku. Maybe AGI SSG Goku. Ultimate Gohan just got a Dokkan in JP for +3 Ki to all types, which is insane.

If you're willing to buy an account then absolutely go for Broly + something, that something being:
1. TEQ SSGSS Goku + TEQ Cell
2. PHY Ultimate Gohan
3. STR SSJ3 Goku
4. AGI Golden Frieza (Gotenks should be releasing soon)
5. PHY Vegeta + ???

TUR Kid Buu
UR AGL SSGSS Goku
UR AGL Saiyaman
UR STR Saiyaman 2
UR Majin Vegeta
UR Bojack

Save them. None of them are particularly strong nukers, and you really want them to be used on someone explicitly for SA nuking.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I noticed on the reddit that people are using the 3x XP to farm dokkan medals for android 13 nonstop. Is this super worth doing? Like, is he a particularly good unit, or useful for specific event bosses?

Error

Bandai Namco gacha games are super generous, throw premium currency even for stuff like spelling errors lol love it. <3

OP:TC and This :bow

btw what's the basic progression of this game? Do all the story quests and then events as they pop up? or are events strictly endgame?

Anoregon

Bandai Namco gacha games are super generous, throw premium currency even for stuff like spelling errors lol love it. <3

They could throw you 50 stones a day and your chances of getting anything worthwhile are still pretty low, lol.

OP:TC and This :bow

btw what's the basic progression of this game? Do all the story quests and then events as they pop up? or are events strictly endgame?

Some events like the dokkanfest are end game since you need powerful cards to deal with bosses most of the time. Make sure to grab PHY Broly at least if you can since he is a good PHY from the z hard stage.

Other events like the mecha Frieza going on right now can be done with SSR PHY units or even SR if you are smart about it.

Anoregon

Yeah, I just grabbed an SR freiza. I'll be sitting on him a while though, I have 0 resurrection F medals.
I want the SR BUU too but I get 1-shot by the super the first time I tried that one on Z-hard, lol.

Edit: Just did the z-hard stage for phy broly. He didn't drop, and I'm not sure how much I'd want to farm, as beating him took a few senzus.

Yeah, I just grabbed an SR freiza. I'll be sitting on him a while though, I have 0 resurrection F medals.
I want the SR BUU too but I get 1-shot by the super the first time I tried that one on Z-hard, lol.

Edit: Just did the z-hard stage for phy broly. He didn't drop, and I'm not sure how much I'd want to farm, as beating him took a few senzus.

You need a STR UR character at the very least and all STR team. Grab a friend SSJ3 Goku if you can for an easier fight. Really helps if you have STR Turles as leader who knocks down PHY attack by 20%. Make sure you block his attacks with extreme characters to receive less damage.

GKFinns

Can anyone explain to me the concept of stun? Like say, with Whiz or General Blue against Cell? How does it actually work and how can I make that a viable strategy?

Can anyone explain to me the concept of stun? Like say, with Whiz or General Blue against Cell? How does it actually work and how can I make that a viable strategy?

When a character has an ability or a super that says knocks out the enemy, that means stunning them basically. Someone can give a better explanation of how you know the enemy is stunned.

Awesome. Will unfortunately take aaaagessss to come to global, he's a good Broly replacement though for WT when he shows up.

It'll be nice since I have both already. WT gonna be so much faster! xD

And Kagari's got more to rejoice about!

6Xmf1Ge.jpg

Shieeet and SSJ2 Future Trunks!

Also for Global...

EHGjK3z.jpg

= Story =
Alien...Android...Majin... Faced with powerful villains threatening Earth's peace, the warriors of justice, the "heroes", will stand up against these evil-doers!
But when the dust settles, who will be the ultimate enemy awaiting your arrival!?
= Event Information =
On certain stages, there will be limits on what characters you can include in your team and the Types of Ki Spheres that appear in battles!
Join this event and you will have a chance to get the following characters:
[Raging Rampage] Hatchiyack [SSR]
[Resolute Assault] Gohan (Teen) [SR]
[Vengeful Spirit] Dr. Lychee [SR]
= Event Period =
Coming soon!
* Please note that the event content and dates are subject to change without prior warning.
We hope you continue to enjoy playing Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle!

Here's a guide from the reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3xtnrq/indepth_guide_to_heroes_extermination_plan/

Savitar

Sweeeet, the new Majin Vegeta TUR will hit all enemies with his Super!

5dd6851e6a802b37b4daa16a2962b8f8.jpg

Oh shit.

Now I'm so freaking happy I got him. If his move doesn't kill everyone it may stun them.

And I hit the big 2 0 0 for rank last night.

Haha, found out PHY (good) Buu is getting a rebirth upgrade too!

TUR PHY Majin Buu (Good)

Max HP: 8835

Max ATK: 7493

Max DEF: 5575

Leader Skill: ATK +30% For All Types

Passive Skill: Recover 25% HP whenever HP is 40% or below

Links: The Innocents, Revival, Master of Magic, Majin, Infinite Regeneration, Barrier, Rebirth

Super Attack: Extreme Damage & Reduces DEF

TUR TEQ Majin Vegeta

Max HP: 8670

Max ATK: 7526

Max DEF: 4008

Leader Skill: AGL, TEQ, STR Type HP & ATK increased by 25%

Passive Skill: ATK +50% at start of turn

Links: Golden Warrior, Super Saiyan, Saiyan Warrior Race, Saiyan Pride, Over In A Flash, Supreme Power, Rebirth

Super Attack: Extreme Damage to All Enemies and Chance to Stun (All Enemies?)

SSR STR Super Saiyan 2 Trunks (Teen)

Max HP: 8755

Max ATK: 7563

Max DEF: 4455

Leader Skill: ATK +25% to All Types

Passive Skill: ATK and DEF +25% to STR

Links: Golden Warrior, Saiyan Lineage, Super Saiyan, Vegeta Family, Saiyan Warrior Race, Ready For War

Super Attack: Catastrophic Damage & Increases ATK For 3 Turns

SSR PHY Great Saiyaman (SS2)

Max HP: 8239

Max ATK: 8045

Max DEF: 4111

Leader Skill: ATK +50% to PHY

Passive Skill: ATK +70% when HP is 30% or More

Links: Golden Warrior, Super Saiyan, Shocking Speed, Hero of Justice, Ready For War, Kamehameha

Super Attack: Catastrophic Damage
Seems apt.

StMeph

Buu's kind of meh, but Majin Vegeta looks pretty great. He already has good links, but the attack-all Super will be a pretty good alternative to Broly for WT, especially with a TEQ SSGSS Goku lead.

With so many SSRs getting rebirths and transcends, STR Bardock and PHY Trunks (Xeno) really need them the most. Bardock could be brought up a bit to basically be a Vegito-like STR-based support, but I can't see any way to salvage Trunks.

Anoregon

I'm over 150 stones. I can't wait to do 30+ summons for the next worthwhile event with decent drop rates (assuming there is one before Gogeta) and get totally shit on.

Buu's kind of meh, but Majin Vegeta looks pretty great. He already has good links, but the attack-all Super will be a pretty good alternative to Broly for WT, especially with a TEQ SSGSS Goku lead.

With so many SSRs getting rebirths and transcends, STR Bardock and PHY Trunks (Xeno) really need them the most. Bardock could be brought up a bit to basically be a Vegito-like STR-based support, but I can't see any way to salvage Trunks.

Xeno Trunks really should have been SR since he isn't even SSJ.

Also that TUR Buu passive would be broken as he'll with TUR AGL Kid Buu +70% hp. I can't wait to try it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

denebj

Neo Member
Such a great news for Majin !!!
The animation looks so dope !!

I have him it is super exciting !!! I have a good over in a flash team, plus the GT SS Trunk for extra ki and the SSB TEQ ... That's going to be fun in the tourney !!!
I do no have to chase for the Broly anymore !!

I wish they could give some TUR to the STR Bardock too. Those first released SSR are so weak ahahahah

Anoregon

I wish they could give some TUR to the STR Bardock too. Those first released SSR are so weak ahahahah

He was the 2nd SSR I pulled. I still use him just for saiyan links but yeah he's pretty fucking bad.

denebj

Neo Member
Yeah, I have to say they are doing a good job with those Rebirth and TUR ... They are just refreshing existing cards / updating/ fixing their links and all.
It is a win for the players that most likely have some of those already !

Hopefully they will handle the Bardock and some cards like INT WHIS that deserve more power / better links.

The new PHY Sayenman is OP ahaha Ready for War, Shocking speed, Golden Warrior and all. Plus 8k of attack with a good passive. That's pretty awesome !

I am really really excited about the Majin attack all. It is one of the best SA animation !

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The banner that features Majin Vegeta and Buu also has SSGSS Goku, Vegeta (AGL and STR from the first ROF summon), TEQ Whis and Beerus featured. Also has SSJ2 STR Teen Gohan, INT SSJ Adult Gohan, STR Super Trunks, and AGL SSJ2 Vegeta in the scouter.

If these all got rebirth dokkans I'd be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom