• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

Beerus could use a boost. INT Whis needs it more than TEQ Whis, but no reason not to do both when you introduce a 3rd new Whis. Most of the old cards suffer from being left behind on damage (lower stats and/or only Extreme SA) and links (no +Ki links), so generally a refresh to bring those up makes them at least decent and useful, even if they're not top-tier.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Beerus could use a boost. INT Whis needs it more than TEQ Whis, but no reason not to do both when you introduce a 3rd new Whis. Most of the old cards suffer from being left behind on damage (lower stats and/or only Extreme SA) and links (no +Ki links), so generally a refresh to bring those up makes them at least decent and useful, even if they're not top-tier.

Int Whis is such a disappointment. When I got a dupe I just sold it to Baba.

Savitar

STR Bardock definitely needs a boost, remember for the short time it was THE card to get?

And yeah INT Whis is lacking, especially compared to TEQ who can stun pretty regularly.

denebj

Neo Member
The banner that features Majin Vegeta and Buu also has SSGSS Goku, Vegeta (AGL and STR from the first ROF summon), TEQ Whis and Beerus featured. Also has SSJ2 STR Teen Gohan, INT SSJ Adult Gohan, STR Super Trunks, and AGL SSJ2 Vegeta in the scouter.

If these all got rebirth dokkans I'd be pleased.

I agree :-D I have most of them and that would be fantastic. A good way to make older SSR useful - This way I guess more people are less afraid of pulling because they are afraid of bad cards ^^

I remember the SSJ2 STR Gohan being my first SSR !! With a catastrophic super , it was a first !! This is the card I wanted because Teen Gohan is the most badass in all the DB universe for me ahahah

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man, the board game esque layout of the stages is awesome. So much more engaging than going through a number of fights to progress like in most gacha.

Hero Extermination Plan is up now plus the Super Heroes vs Ultimate Villians gatcha with the new SSG, Bardock, Bojack, and Android 13 SSRs.

Also, RIP Ox King.

respect-cod-620x350.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
decided to toss 2 single pulls at the new banner, 2 shit R's.

I'm probably gonna be done with this game soon. The gameplay itself isn't very good, and the rush of getting a good pull is too infrequent to keep it enjoyable.

Savitar

Did two pulls, managed to get one SSR, STR Overbearing Power Vegeta, his leader ability blows but his stats are decent if nothing else. He's on my STR team now.

Cruising along the new stuff, doesn't seem hard, they don't hit that tough. And it's kind of fun no matter what limitations they put on you.

MiTYH

Can someone explain to me why the PHY card called "Buu (Good)" isn't a Hero?!

Balderdash!

However, I did do a 50-stone multipull for this new banner. Wanted a good AGL lead, got SR Cooler and SSR Fusion Android #13, both INT. So, close enough? I'm bittersweet on the dokkaned SSR android I got. On the one hand, I haven't dokkaned me older one yet so this saves me time getting the medals. On the other hand, I think I need to dokkan it anyway to get the super level up, and I'm never happy with my SSR being a farmable unit. Still, Cooler was nice since I didnt have him before

Maddness

Did 2 multis on this one. Pulled a STR SSR Bardock dupe, the new PHY SSR Bardock and then a PHY SSR Fat Buu dupe. Not bad I suppose.

denebj

Neo Member
Did 2 multi, got the SSR 13. Not super thrilled about that. That guy will not fit in any of my teams.
I guess it is still an SSR LOL

The event is pretty fun though :)

yogloo

Did 2 multi, got the SSR 13. Not super thrilled about that. That guy will not fit in any of my teams.
I guess it is still an SSR LOL

The event is pretty fun though :)
He is the MVP for fighting cell. Double lead android 13 makes cell hit like soggy toilet paper.

Error

decided to toss 2 single pulls at the new banner, 2 shit R's.

I'm probably gonna be done with this game soon. The gameplay itself isn't very good, and the rush of getting a good pull is too infrequent to keep it enjoyable.

single pulls in these games are not worth it, I never do them in any gacha. this is why the one piece gacha is kind of scummy, there are no multipulls, so you are entirely relying on single pull luck and the current banner boost for a certain type of unit.

StMeph

Pulled Turles, stopping now. Want STR SSG Goku, so I might use the stones from the Heroes event toward the banner some more, but the others just aren't that interesting. The PHY Bardock seems okay, but the links are still weak and I just got Turles for a Ki lead with Prepared for Battle.

Edit: dupe Vegito. Ugh.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm gonna spend 65 stones on 3 singles followed by 1 multi. If you read this in the next 30 seconds or so, lend me your power.

edit: I actually get an SSR and it's a fucking dupe of the mediocre int golden frieza I have. Of course.

Maxim726X

I'm gonna spend 65 stones on 3 singles followed by 1 multi. If you read this in the next 30 seconds or so, lend me your power.

You're a brave man... Shouldn't you at least wait to see what the rates are on Reddit?

Edit- They already are... 7% SSR rate. I believe that's among the highest it's ever been.

If you like the cards- Pull now.

Anoregon

What's the deal with people believing your chances of a good pull are increased if you do a friend pull first? Just standard internet silliness that people end up believing because lolanecdotes?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
What's the deal with people believing your chances of a good pull are increased if you do a friend pull first? Just standard internet silliness that people end up believing because lolanecdotes?

If you hold your gameboy upside down, the chances of catching a Pokemon are increased.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Savitar

Decided to do another two pulls, first pull, kinda eh, White Hot Goku, had it and turned into a God already. Another bojack. And some other one I'm forgetting. Second pull and it's pretty much worse, except for one.

Got the new STR SSG Goku.

If you hold your gameboy upside down, the chances of catching a Pokemon are increased.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

'scuse me... But the correct technique was to mash A-B-A-B while doing a clockwise motion on the dpad ask while uttering "pika pika pika..."

To get a good pull in Dokkan, you must.... You must... Bloody hell, there is no way to do it D:

Savitar

If you fight a battle with a friend, then a non friend and do two yolo summons you'll get an increase chance of getting SSR's on a multi summon.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
single pulls in these games are not worth it, I never do them in any gacha. this is why the one piece gacha is kind of scummy, there are no multipulls, so you are entirely relying on single pull luck and the current banner boost for a certain type of unit.
It's been statistically proven in this game that singles and multis have identical rates.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think I'm going to ditch my global account and just stick to playing the Japanese version, since they're so ahead on things/have more characters.

Savitar

I think I'm going to ditch my global account and just stick to playing the Japanese version, since they're so ahead on things/have more characters.

Thou has forsaken us and been seduced by the Dark Side.

And yes that Goten is crazy good since he benefits STR users by changing spheres to match them.

Error

It's been statistically proven in this game that singles and multis have identical rates.

But with multi you are guarranteed at the very least an SR card.

With single pulls you can do 10 pulls and get all Rs cards, I mean it's not probable you get all Rs but it can happen.

So just by single pulls having that 'worst case scenario' be a possible one, it's just better to do multis.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
But with multi you are guarranteed at the very least an SR card.

With single pulls you can do 10 pulls and get all Rs cards, I mean it's not probable you get all Rs but it can happen.

So just by single pulls having that 'worst case scenario' be a possible one, it's just better to do multis.
If you're committing 10 absolute pulls, yes it's better. If you want to look for an SSR and stop if you get one, singles are better.

LNBL

Im getting destroyed on the final stage, was hoping for a Broly pull with the last 10 stones..... But so far im only getting R's

Savitar

Broly?

Unless your pulling from the Dokkenfest one you can't get him in the new summons unless they changed that.

Plus, villain soooooooooo no go on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom