• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just realized the one downside of swapping to Turles as my lead is that I might lose some of the uber friends I've attracted with my ssj3 goku lead, lol

I just realized the one downside of swapping to Turles as my lead is that I might lose some of the uber friends I've attracted with my ssj3 goku lead, lol

Nah as long as your leader is an UR or a really good/useful SSR most people will keep you.

I kick people from my list with SSRs or below every week or so that aren't active, though thats very rare with my rank of 167. Unless they are farming a mission or have yet to awaken the unit to UR.

chrono01

I'm tempted to pull on this banner, but I'll likely resist. I want to save as much as I can for Gogeta, since if I blow through all of my stones and fail to get him, I might be done with this game. :/

Savitar

I love STR SSG Goku's SA and PHY Bardocks as well. You basically pinball them around screen and give a nice punch for good measure. Goku's looks more fierce.

weshes195

So, did this game get a huge update a while back (I mean the global version)?

Because I had to stop playing the game a few months ago and since I got a new phone (and left my old phone at my house) I decided to start playing this again starting from the bottom.

Well, wow it is so much fun! There are so many new additions (love Babi shop!) and it is SOOOOOOOOOO much easier to pull good cards (at least good to me, not to high rank players).

I remember that with the exception of the given SR Goku, it took me a few weeks to get an SR character (took me about a month for an SRR). Well, when I did my first 50 stones, all of them were SR!!! The next time I used 50 (thank you for the free stones!) I got several more SRs.

And when I was pulling singles today, I got a SR Bardock (not full powered but I can z awaken that baby later) and my first SRR! His name is Turles? Never heard of the character before, but he looks really cool, so that is all that matters!

I just wanted to post this because I thought it was fun before, but now I am really hooked! Oh and one question: I know that the text says the dates can change at any time, but does anyone know how long that Mr. Popo training event will stay up? I love it as it gets me good experience and medals.

I just wanted to post this because I thought it was fun before, but now I am really hooked! Oh and one question: I know that the text says the dates can change at any time, but does anyone know how long that Mr. Popo training event will stay up? I love it as it gets me good experience and medals.

Popo is a unique event in that you can play it once every 20ish hours, but it won't be going away any time soon, if at all

Congrats on the Turles! He's great for racking up lots of Super Attacks :]

weshes195

Another quick question: When it comes to characters who can also z-Awaken, such as Boujack and then you receive another one: does it matter when you train one with the other? I know you get a #1 Super when you do that, I just didn't know if Z-Awakens affects the character or anything like that (I never have z-awakened).

Wow, the struggle is real to get Hatchiyack to drop! Beat him about 15 times now and only got three so far? RIP items.

Another quick question: When it comes to characters who can also z-Awaken, such as Boujack and then you receive another one: does it matter when you train one with the other? I know you get a #1 Super when you do that, I just didn't know if Z-Awakens affects the character or anything like that (I never have z-awakened).

In order to level up the SA, they need to be the exact same character. If they're the same card and one is Z-Awakened and the other one isn't, then it will still level up the SA 100%. Cards that are completely different, but still maintain the character's same name (i.e. TEQ SSJ Goku and STR SSJ Goku) can be used to level up SA's (albeit with different % based on their rarity). The higher the rarity you use to level up your SA, the higher the probability. There are caveats to it though. For example, if you have the Full Power Bojack that you dokkan awakened, you can't have him eat a regular blue Bojack to level up his SA because Full Power Bojack is now a different named character.

BrunoM

Wow, the struggle is real to get Hatchiyack to drop! Beat him about 15 times now and only got three so far? RIP items.
Just finish beating him the 3rd time lol

After seeing your post starting to think the items needed to get him to SA10 ain't worth it lol ..

Got 2 out of 3 victory total of 6 fights tho and my items are taking hits lol ..

Got 2 ssr old Kai's to raise the SA tho .. got 6 sitting on my box now lol sense my ss3 is already sa10 .. don't see another one on my box needing it broly has no need for it ..

Hopping for an agl ssg thay one can take them lol ..

Well vest of luck on getting him to SA10

Just finish beating him the 3rd time lol

After seeing your post starting to think the items needed to get him to SA10 ain't worth it lol ..

Got 2 out of 3 victory total of 6 fights tho and my items are taking hits lol ..

Got 2 ssr old Kai's to raise the SA tho .. got 6 sitting on my box now lol sense my ss3 is already sa10 .. don't see another one on my box needing it broly has no need for it ..

Hopping for an agl ssg thay one can take them lol ..

Well vest of luck on getting him to SA10

Yeah, I really don't need to get him up to SA10 since it's more of a completionist thing now and my PHY team is pretty good already without him. Should be useful for the Villains version of the Extermination Plan though.

I actually need to hit up Wayward Champion to stock up on more Senzu beans thanks to that damn stage. xD

Also did a couple pulls while at the pub last night... totally could have gone so wrong, lol!

26512501036_d630e90f9d.jpg

26472399051_98b9e6e2d2.jpg

Meh on AGL Bojack since he seems weaker than the STR Dokkan version (looks like he gets another link later on, but nothing special), but happy about 13 since he's an orb changer. :D

Also Kibito strike coming soon!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Really don't have to do much between now and the next dokkan fest. Kibito would have been nice before the Buu event. If you didn't get the medals yet get kibito and use him.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
pulled int teen gohan with the piccolo outfit, not good not bad, I needed an SSR int type to build my int squad anyway.

done with this banner, though, I'm gonna start saving for the eventual Gogeta banner.

Savitar

That last stage sure is hard. Any tips or tricks?

Have a senzu, Dende, ghost user and King Yama. First round, take out the weaker enemies, focus fire on one at a time unless you can pull off a super to take down one weak to it. Don't scatter your attacks around or you'll be dead due to lack of items before they are.

Last round it's all about maybe having a senzu or something left and you should be able to take him down with a pretty good team. I was able to do so without even using the last senzu.

StMeph

That last stage sure is hard. Any tips or tricks?

Have a senzu, Dende, ghost user and King Yama. First round, take out the weaker enemies, focus fire on one at a time unless you can pull off a super to take down one weak to it. Don't scatter your attacks around or you'll be dead due to lack of items before they are.

Last round it's all about maybe having a senzu or something left and you should be able to take him down with a pretty good team. I was able to do so without even using the last senzu.

Pretty much did the same thing. Despite needing to bring a rainbow team, you still have one flex spot and a friend leader -- this allows you to have 2x AGI and 2x another type or 3x AGI to block the 2nd phase boss.

Compared to the second part, the first phase is deadlier, and it's most dangerous early on when all 5 are up and attacking, so Ghost Usher to delay through (every other round, since it won't work in consecutive rounds). Ignore type advantages to focus fire and kill as quickly as possible.

I had a harder time with Floor 19 than Floor 20, for some reason.

weshes195

In order to level up the SA, they need to be the exact same character. If they're the same card and one is Z-Awakened and the other one isn't, then it will still level up the SA 100%. Cards that are completely different, but still maintain the character's same name (i.e. TEQ SSJ Goku and STR SSJ Goku) can be used to level up SA's (albeit with different % based on their rarity). The higher the rarity you use to level up your SA, the higher the probability. There are caveats to it though. For example, if you have the Full Power Bojack that you dokkan awakened, you can't have him eat a regular blue Bojack to level up his SA because Full Power Bojack is now a different named character.

Okay, that makes sense! Thanks. So i guess I'll max his SA before I z-awaken him.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The splitting of Dokkan fests is so odd. Seems like there's always a few running constantly now. Doesn't seem as exclusive as they used to be

Sec0nd

Pretty much did the same thing. Despite needing to bring a rainbow team, you still have one flex spot and a friend leader -- this allows you to have 2x AGI and 2x another type or 3x AGI to block the 2nd phase boss.

Compared to the second part, the first phase is deadlier, and it's most dangerous early on when all 5 are up and attacking, so Ghost Usher to delay through (every other round, since it won't work in consecutive rounds). Ignore type advantages to focus fire and kill as quickly as possible.

I had a harder time with Floor 19 than Floor 20, for some reason.

Cheers! Pretty much what I've been doing now but with Whis instead of Ox King. But I don't really seem to take down the first phase quick enough. I've made it to the second stage once without any item and got hit instantly with 70k hit on another STR character. Decided it wasn't worth spending a dragon stone since I didn't have any healing items and just 1 AGL character to block with.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I entered floor 20 this morning before heading out of the apartment, without looking up any info on the event stage...then I see that the 2nd form boss is Str. I figure I just wasted stamina because my team was...

But on my first try without using any DS...

tumblr_mcde8umshx1qh208r.gif

Items were tree of might fruit, senzu bean, king yemma and ghost usher. Still had one senzu and ghost when it was over. My strategy was to keep the rotation as PHY Goku -> PHY Vegeta, so it turns 1/4-2/4ths of the board into PHY orbs then launch a super with Goku to build up Kaioken. By the time 2nd form boss showed up, Goku's super was able to one-shot him.

yogloo

I entered floor 20 this morning before heading out of the apartment, without looking up any info on the event stage...then I see that the 2nd form boss is Str. I figure I just wasted stamina because my team was...

But on my first try without using any DS...

tumblr_mcde8umshx1qh208r.gif

Items were tree of might fruit, senzu bean, king yemma and ghost usher. Still had one senzu and ghost when it was over. My strategy was to keep the rotation as PHY Goku -> PHY Vegeta, so it turns 1/4-2/4ths of the board into PHY orbs then launch a super with Goku to build up Kaioken. By the time 2nd form boss showed up, Goku's super was able to one-shot him.
I am amazed you managed to beat him with that team. Have you tried again?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Kinda like how Global has Broly for now.

Except Padro...he used Beerus. Still mad they didn't remove him considering his point score was beyond possible.
He was obviously a Bamco employee planted to deny the first prize to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom