• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha thanks! I like to think all the money I've spent buying Gundam models and DBZ stuff in the past is Bandai throwing me a bone. I do the silly Friend Summons before pulling as well as my superstition. I didn't fare too well during the ROF and Buu Dokkan, so it's back and forth. ^^

But I think they just might have changed the rarity of SSJ3 showing up. The last multi I got from the Heroes/Villains banner was an SSJ2 as well.

You know it might be a superstition but I really believe in it to be honest. Mostly because each time I get SSJ or better Goku 2 times in a row, I would friend pull a couple times and then Single pull again which brings me back to SSJ or better Goku a lot of the time.

It just sucks when you mistime it and your friendpull is the one that ends up with all 5 spacepods and rainbow text and SSJ2 Goku. I got an SR #16 on a friend pull the other week and I know if that it was a summon, it probably would have been a SSR. :(

I bought them. On new summons I tend to buy two of the most expensive packs that give me 91 stones each, if I lack any for 200 I buy them as well. There have been times I even purchased more than that if I felt stubborn and really wanted one bad. Twice as much? Sure. Credit Cards are nice to have:) I don't have a lot of expenses, I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I don't party. Not in a relationship or married or have kids and these days I'm kinda slowly fading out of gaming, even new games I want I don't tend to play or play a little and end up stopping. Maybe I want something more in life at this point. This game is one of the few things I get some enjoyment out of so I put cash into it. Not that I'm always glad to do so, more than a few times I regret having done so and thought about quitting even on the best of days because it feels so damn stupid to put money into a game like this. I certainly thought those who once did was an idiot yet I'm doing the same. But again, no major expenses so if not this it would probably be put on something just to have a bit of fun.

I haven't seen a SSJ3 in some quite. It's usually SSJ2 always or even better, no SSJ. On multi's not getting any SSJ seems to get the best results because you get that "Bye Guy's screen pop which I'm certain resulted in the Gotenks. From what I read you can still get SSJ3 but it's very rare now and those that do seem to get three or so SSR's in a pull. Seeing a bunch of saiyan pods tend to result in the worse pulls and even SSJ 2's can often result in only SR's or worse. I was quite fortunate today is all. Luck of the draw, I've had really shitty luck at times.

That's really good stuff, nice pulls. The Vegito and STR Goku there were two cards I've wanted.

Wow thats exactly how I'm feeling nowadays. I have about 40 unopened new games just waiting to be played. The last games I actually played to completion was Digimon Cyber Sleuth and my game of the ages LOZ: TP HD.

I really shouldn't be spending money on this game but its so fun pulling and then getting the good cards. Fills me with an inner joy and its fun trying to make different canon teams and going on missions.

Android team, Frieza clan, Buu team, Z fighters, DB team, half and half with heros and villains and so much more.

Savitar

Wow thats exactly how I'm feeling nowadays. I have about 40 unopened new games just waiting to be played. The last games I actually played to completion was Digimon Cyber Sleuth and my game of the ages LOZ: TP HD.

I really shouldn't be spending money on this game but its so fun pulling and then getting the good cards. Fills me with an inner joy and its fun trying to make different canon teams and going on missions.

Android team, Frieza clan, Buu team, Z fighters, DB team, half and half with heros and villains and so much more.

Yeah I couldn't tell you why I like this so much, I just do. I got games from Christmas and way past that never even touched, Until Dawn, that Tales game that came out a bit before and others, after awhile began to wonder why was I getting excited for games I never play? I've cancelled a ton. My Steam back log alone is massive. DS games, PS4 games, so many not touched. One wonders why bother with them then. The news of upgradable systems makes me roll my eyes, I got a pre order for the Playstation 3D thing and I'll probably cancel that because I'm not sure if I will even really be gaming by the time that comes out. Truth is if I had more to do I doubt I'd be gaming at all in any capacity and I say that typing on a four thousand plus gaming laptop.

What a strange weird thing life is.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You can switch your language to french right now to get 3 compensation stones. Once you claim you can switch it back. It takes a while to switch languages though since it downloads everything.

You can switch your language to french right now to get 3 compensation stones. Once you claim you can switch it back. It takes a while to switch languages though since it downloads everything.

Wow thanks for the heads up. Too bad its only 3 stones. Would have preferred 5 for a single pull.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Whats color is Gogeta? I think I probably should save for Teq SSGSS goku again I really want him with my teq cell.
STR. His Leader skill is everyone +2 Ki and +2500ATK, Super is Transcendental damage (highest Super DMG tier), and his passive is every attack of his is Super Effective and +5000ATK. His LR version is everyone +3 Ki and +3000ATK, passive is all of his attacks are Super Effective and +7000ATK. Also check out his HP and ATK stats.

He really is a god-tier character.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ugh finally got 10 Hatchis; my mind must have been messed up since I swear the Str Hatchi sometimes had more HP than usual.

Sec0nd

Neato, pulled SSR Gotenks from the French DS stones. Was seriously lacking in the AGL department so that's cool. Just wish he was SSJ or SSJ3 since he's so ugly in his base form :(

StMeph

Once the game matures or your box grows to a certain point, is there any meaningful use in keeping some/most SRs? It seems like SRs with abilities for Dokkan Events come from Strikes, so most boxes be pruned to SSRs + Strike SRs + pet/nostalgia SRs.

I guess if there's ever a mono-color mono-Super/Extreme type Event they might come in handy? Or events with cost restrictions below a certain number. Just trying to figure out what to do with SR versions of SSJ Gohan or Vegeta when there are SSR versions on hand.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Once the game matures or your box grows to a certain point, is there any meaningful use in keeping some/most SRs? It seems like SRs with abilities for Dokkan Events come from Strikes, so most boxes be pruned to SSRs + Strike SRs + pet/nostalgia SRs.

I guess if there's ever a mono-color mono-Super/Extreme type Event they might come in handy? Or events with cost restrictions below a certain number. Just trying to figure out what to do with SR versions of SSJ Gohan or Vegeta when there are SSR versions on hand.
Super Strikes have a cost restriction.

Savitar

I keep most SR's that got turned into SSR's for completion sake or because they might be useful later on in some way if not dokkanable. Some times they go that way.

StMeph

Super Strikes have a cost restriction.

I just looked that up, currently it looks like Super Strikes have a max Team Cost of 100, including your Friend's cost. That's pretty stiff.

I keep most SR's that got turned into SSR's for completion sake or because they might be useful later on in some way if not dokkanable. Some times they go that way.

Sure, but at some point what do you do with three different versions of SR Nappa or the entire Ginyu Force?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I just looked that up, currently it looks like Super Strikes have a max Team Cost of 100, including your Friend's cost. That's pretty stiff.

Sure, but at some point what do you do with three different versions of SR Nappa or the entire Ginyu Force?
Novelty teams

Savitar

Well. Baba always likes them so you can get some nifty items.

Here we go! 5th world tourney starting on Friday. AGL Beerus is the SSR prize for 1-5000 rank.

Mah boy STR Spirit Bomb Goku on the banner for the GSSR Tickets.

Slightly frustrated that I have a Broly ready for Dokkan, which would help in the WT, but I can't make a dent on him in the Dokkan fight :/

Looks like more silver GSSR tickets for me!

Savitar

Slightly frustrated that I have a Broly ready for Dokkan, which would help in the WT, but I can't make a dent on him in the Dokkan fight :/

Looks like more silver GSSR tickets for me!

For those specific dokkan fights you really do need specific characters to beat him, a powerful nuker does help as well. Stun him as best you can with Whis or Blue too.

For those specific dokkan fights you really do need specific characters to beat him, a powerful nuker does help as well. Stun him as best you can with Whis or Blue too.

I don't have either of them, but I do at least have Triumphant Light Goku. It's a PHY, but all I need from him is his stun capability.

It's still a difficult event, though, when you entirely depend on your friends list for a Family Kamehameha card.

Can you only get Blue from DB Saga summons?

Savitar

I don't have either of them, but I do at least have Triumphant Light Goku. It's a PHY, but all I need from him is his stun capability.

It's still a difficult event, though, when you entirely depend on your friends list for a Family Kamehameha card.

Can you only get Blue from DB Saga summons?

Blue is from DB Saga summons yes but he's fairly common, do a WT and you'll probably get him. I always get at least one and some times two or three.

If memory serves I used him, Goten and Goku that got from the Broly event. SSGSS as my nuker. Turles who also helped with stuns and....someone else. I can't recall who but probably another card from the Broly event so had three to counter his strikes which was very much needed. If you can keep him stunned and nuke him down with someone strong you can beat him. SSG Goku or SSGSS Goku for example are tops for that. Other high level AGI could do it too but SSG Goku is likely more doable as he appears to be what everyone is using with a few people having powered up his SA. SSGSS Goku has fallen by the wayside due to his links not being as great which is a crying shame.

Oh yes, don't forget what everyone does. If he goes to do his SA on you and it will be death turn off the game before it hits quickly, start the game again to pick up where you were and use a ghost usher to change it to the next group so you can try to stun him this time around or have characters the next round who can take the hit and survive. Pretty sure the support items used were senzu, dende, ghost usher and King Yamma.

Blue is from DB Saga summons yes but he's fairly common, do a WT and you'll probably get him. I always get at least one and some times two or three.

If memory serves I used him, Goten and Goku that got from the Broly event. SSGSS as my nuker. Turles who also helped with stuns and....someone else. I can't recall who but probably another card from the Broly event so had three to counter his strikes which was very much needed. If you can keep him stunned and nuke him down with someone strong you can beat him. SSG Goku or SSGSS Goku for example are tops for that. Other high level AGI could do it too but SSG Goku is likely more doable as he appears to be what everyone is using with a few people having powered up his SA. SSGSS Goku has fallen by the wayside due to his links not being as great which is a crying shame.

Oh yes, don't forget what everyone does. If he goes to do his SA on you and it will be death turn off the game before it hits quickly, start the game again to pick up where you were and use a ghost usher to change it to the next group so you can try to stun him this time around or have characters the next round who can take the hit and survive. Pretty sure the support items used were senzu, dende, ghost usher and King Yamma.

Awesome, thanks for all the info! Looking forward to giving it another go when the event comes up... And hopefully having a good shot in the 6th WT :D

denebj

Neo Member
Gotta love the kibito event !!!
I got around 4 Elder and 4 Supreme medals and selling all those extra copy of Kibito to Baba is a good deal too - Piccolo is better since it is a 100% drop but I am farming the kai medals !

MiTYH

First time going at the King Piccolo strike event and... should all Z-hards net me a card? I don't want to jinx it but I'm 9/9 so far. At least with Broly it's an easy event

Savitar

First time going at the King Piccolo strike event and... should all Z-hards net me a card? I don't want to jinx it but I'm 9/9 so far. At least with Broly it's an easy event

Normally they don't, but for this event likely due to the super striker events they have planned they must have made the drops 100%. That or it's an error which is even more likely considering Kabito is certainly not 100% in drop rates.

MiTYH

Normally they don't, but for this event likely due to the super striker events they have planned they must have made the drops 100%. That or it's an error which is even more likely considering Kabito is certainly not 100% in drop rates.

Yeah, strange. Already at 11 copies somehow so I'll stop and go back to Kabito farming

Time to go to work!

tumblr_m88qzqOxjR1qevixfo1_r1_500.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Everyone of the nuke leaders is featured besides SSGSS Goku yay.

Pulled and got dupe PHY Spirit Bomb Goku, don't mind that much since leveling up his super has been a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom