• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

Wasn't expecting any new banners or PHY SSJ2 Gohan, but he seems to be really highly rated and people claim he's one of the better PHY cards in the game, but I don't see anything special except for Shocking Speed. Am I missing something here? Nothing seems outstanding about it.

denebj

Neo Member
Not sure about that lol

Did 3 Multi to get the Kai, 3 Multi ...Got 1 AGL Buu (No dupe and I made it a TUR so that's good) but nothing crazy.

EDIT: Also I have a question , I do not have Broly but I have enough Broly friend to have him almost every time and the team is build around him :
- PHY Bardok Lead (+4 KI)
- AGL Gohan (+2 STR KI)
- PHY Goku (+2 STR KI)
- PHY BROLY (+2 BROLY KI)
- TEQ TRUNK GT (+2 STR KI)
- I put AGL BUU (42 team cost) for the team cost purpose.

Should I consider taking a ki support to add TEQ CELL for the team cost as well ? Is the Team cost makes that much of a difference ? (you go from 23 team cost to 42) ?
Or put the AGL Roshi for the extra +2 ki ?

MiTYH

Did two single pulls on the new banner.

SR INT SSJ Vegeta
SR PHY Dr. Gero

Had high hopes for the second, as it was rainbow text and instant SSJ, but then, nothing. Ah well, holding onto stones for the next dokkan coming up.

Savitar

I did three pulls and got one SSR, PHY Triumphant Light Goku. Didn't have it, but got so many PHY's already. I'm sure I can find somewhere to stick him on the PHY Brigade. Maybe.

Now it's time to GRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND.

Arrrammis

Ugh, saved my two gold GSSR ticket from the last WT in hopes of getting one of the BoG nukers, and got two PHY spirit bomb gokus. Ugh.

Each time I use friend Broly in WT I want the Majin Vegeta Dokkan to come to Global sooner.

I'm with you there. I'm stuck at chump level with no Broly and next to no Broly friends lol.

Dunno how much I want to grind it out this weekend though, should I be more productive at other things or just play phone games? =|

Savitar

And that's the way I like it.

If I had some friends using him I'd like it, oddly enough the number has dropped. Yet plenty to kill.

Ugh, saved my two gold GSSR ticket from the last WT in hopes of getting one of the BoG nukers, and got two PHY spirit bomb gokus. Ugh.

That's why I don't do that. I get one I use it, at least the disappointment can be immediate instead of building up hope and expectations.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Just pulled my two summons from last tournament's tickets. Got AGL Kid Buu and that PHY Goku who stuns. I now have the three Dokkan fest characters and my PHY team is beastly. I was honestly expecting dupes.

BrunoM

There's something that keeps bugging me about the WT ...

Ok so I managed to pull broly in a single few weeks back ( hadn't pull an ssr in months ) .. so now I run a broly team so basically him plus make sure he comes up to 7 Ki most of the time..

So I did a test in 2 hours I can do 7 wins my best is almost 8 in 2 hours at the 8 hour mark of this WT there was people at 75 wins it's just mind fucking me the how it happens ...

It would bug me before but I had no broly to test and see what I could do it just makes little sense as to how people can do it ..

Side note I'm not trying to go for top 1k or anything just top 5K siting at around 1400 right now

Any case best of luck to all of you

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
SSJ3 Vegeta getting the dokkan fest treatment in japan. Wouldn't be a bad idea to pull on the upcoming SSJ3 Goku dokkan fest banner on global considering both get dokkan awakenings.

The new STR SSJ3 Vegeta is defense based. Between turns one and seven will have Golden Freezas passive of taking 80% less damage. Leader skill isnt something I'd use. Only the new Vegeta has Over in a Flash, and only the new one's super can stun. The dokkan of the old one is a +3 Ki to all leader and his passive is exactly his old one without the health restriction.

Savitar

Wait is defense going to be worth something now because it feels like such an unimportant thing.

Tonight I saw the most amazing thing. A first match VS picture with no Broly silhouettes . Then I realized I had inadvertently chosen my PHY team since I had replaced one character on it. I didn't even bother to finish that, just turned off the app and restarted it all.

Kyou

Has anyone had the thing happen where you get the wrong friend character once you're actually in the tournament.

Picked a TUR Buu, had even held on it to look at his passive. When I got into battle it was a SSGSS Vegeta??

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Has anyone had the thing happen where you get the wrong friend character once you're actually in the tournament.

Picked a TUR Buu, had even held on it to look at his passive. When I got into battle it was a SSGSS Vegeta??
He changed it before you entered the battle.

Shanlei91

I just hit 30. I can't see myself doing this again. I think I'd rather just throw money down for SSRs. The general consensus must be that people are sick of the WT. I'm sub 4K rank. That's never happened so early for me. I usually hit below 5k at around the 60-70 win range. (I don't ever do the tournament on the first day)

at15RuG.jpg

This is how people lose friends.

yogloo

I just hit 30. I can't see myself doing this again. I think I'd rather just throw money down for SSRs. The general consensus must be that people are sick of the WT. I'm sub 4K rank. That's never happened so early for me. I usually hit below 5k at around the 60-70 win range. (I don't ever do the tournament on the first day)

at15RuG.jpg

This is how people lose friends.
I think some of them do it on purpose.

At 12. Have my usual days off soon so I'll finish up then. I dunno if the Beerus will be any good but I could always use more SSRs.

The grind just reminds me how easy Broly people have it. Its literally 12 mins a round for them between the loading and making sure they super without dying.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
62 wins. I now realize that if you go too fast and don't leave some of the tournament to naturally gained stam you're going to lose out on stones. Last time I went near plus 10 with stones, this time I'm looking at plus 6 maybe

Shanlei91

I think some of them do it on purpose.

Haha yeah. I laughed the first time I saw it but when he kept popping up, he had to go.

People are making so many troll teams like AGL teams to reduce points for Broly teams. But honestly, the biggest hardship is a team with Broly, AGL Kid Buu and STR Beerus. I've noticed that those three love to super and STR Beerus's passive almost always activates so he will hit like a truck. Getting hit for 18k on an AGL defender by a normal Beerus attack is ridiculous.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Me this morning after doing a discounted pull on the new JP Dokkan Fes banner:

At least I got the new Tarble... I guess?

Did a single pull... trash.

And another one... started out with normal Goku and I thought... well fuck, just wasted a bunch of dragon stones today. But then he did the "Bye bye, everyone" animation and...

YES! One of the SSR cards I really wanted! (SSJ Future Gohan) Day is somewhat saved \o/

Shanlei91

Got my 80. Time to take it slow.

What's your goal? I just hit 50 and feel like I'm losing my mind. I think 80 wins and being under 5k is all I want. I can't begin to fathom what that's like Broly-less.

It's weird, my interest in games has dropped in the last year. I have no patience for intros and long winded stories. Have only sought out short games on consoles like Quantum Break and Transformers. Yet I'm addicted to this simple game and devote hours on the world tournament.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Goal is just under 5k. I wanted to get it over with quickly so I can take it slow rest of the days. Don't have Broly. If I had Broly I'd be top 1k easily

Shanlei91

I believe it. If you hit 80 by now, with Broly, you would be under 500 easily. The amount of points he nets, if you build a team around him, is ridiculous.

Shanlei91

In the prelims, 30-50k if the AI decides to murder each other. 50-70k if variables align. Packing Broly as a guest and STR puar items sway the odds to the latter.

thaOwner

In the prelims, 30-50k if the AI decides to murder each other. 50-70k if variables align. Packing Broly as a guest and STR puar items sway the odds to the latter.
This sound pretty close to what I've been getting as well. What is your line up do you use with your Broly ?

I'm currently sitting around 2300 mark with 51 wins and almost 9 million points.

weshes195

How are y'all so high up? I am struggling to get to the 50,000's... This is my first tournament and I've been loving it though, so I don't mind it too much.

Are y'all using dragon stones to restore stamina? I can only do 2-3 full matchers per day. How do you have enough Dragon Stones to use without running out of them? Do all of y'all buy them I assume?

Savitar

I used my SSR Gold ticket and got.......PHY Weight of Hope Goku which I think someone said seems to be a common one people are getting right now. Half debating babaing it as I already got one and I don't have the character that changes spheres to PHY ones so no real nuking there for me.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
How are y'all so high up? I am struggling to get to the 50,000's... This is my first tournament and I've been loving it though, so I don't mind it too much.

Are y'all using dragon stones to restore stamina? I can only do 2-3 full matchers per day. How do you have enough Dragon Stones to use without running out of them? Do all of y'all buy them I assume?

Yeah we use stones to refill stamina. My stamina is high enough that I can do two full tournaments per refill. Because of my high stamina, and the fact that the tournament itself gives out about 30 stones from missions, I haven't run out of stones or gone below where I started. Once your stamina is high enough the question isn't if you have enough stones but if you have enough patience to play the game a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom