• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

MStlnM1l.jpg

Check out my sick pulls

Arrrammis

How are y'all so high up? I am struggling to get to the 50,000's... This is my first tournament and I've been loving it though, so I don't mind it too much.

Are y'all using dragon stones to restore stamina? I can only do 2-3 full matchers per day. How do you have enough Dragon Stones to use without running out of them? Do all of y'all buy them I assume?

It really depends on how much stamina you have. It costs 60 stamina per win (assuming you don't lose any rounds), so that can be your biggest limiting factor. A lot of plays using the 3x experience events (I think there was a weekend a while back) to get to rank 220, when you get 120 stamina, meaning that you can get 2 wins per dragon stone. At that point, you can spend 40 stones to power straight through to the 80 wins(not including the stamina refill you get from recharging during the night and rank ups), and you get 34 stones total back from rewards. If you don't push through for your 80 wins in the first day or so, then you'll still make a profit on stones if you're shooting for 80 wins. I think you'll need something like 15 stones going in to be able to refill and keep going using only reward stones.

The hardest part is just the time it takes... I'm still frustrated that I couldn't get Broly to drop, people have been able to get <10 minute wins because they can just nuke the enemy team right off the bat. With a UR team that doesn't have Broly, it takes me 15-25 minutes per win.

weshes195

Yeah we use stones to refill stamina. My stamina is high enough that I can do two full tournaments per refill. Because of my high stamina, and the fact that the tournament itself gives out about 30 stones from missions, I haven't run out of stones or gone below where I started. Once your stamina is high enough the question isn't if you have enough stones but if you have enough patience to play the game a lot.

...wut. I really do deserve to be this high up then lol Geez, how much stamina do you have? What level are you? My max is 44 Stamina, level/Rank 36.

See, that all makes sense. You not only get higher up, but you don't really lose any stones in the process. Guess I'll just have to rank up higher before the next tournament!!!

weshes195

It really depends on how much stamina you have. It costs 60 stamina per win (assuming you don't lose any rounds), so that can be your biggest limiting factor. A lot of plays using the 3x experience events (I think there was a weekend a while back) to get to rank 220, when you get 120 stamina, meaning that you can get 2 wins per dragon stone. At that point, you can spend 40 stones to power straight through to the 80 wins(not including the stamina refill you get from recharging during the night and rank ups), and you get 34 stones total back from rewards. If you don't push through for your 80 wins in the first day or so, then you'll still make a profit on stones if you're shooting for 80 wins. I think you'll need something like 15 stones going in to be able to refill and keep going using only reward stones.

The hardest part is just the time it takes... I'm still frustrated that I couldn't get Broly to drop, people have been able to get <10 minute wins because they can just nuke the enemy team right off the bat. With a UR team that doesn't have Broly, it takes me 15-25 minutes per win.

lol wow. Can't complain lol Guess I will just get to rank 220!

chrono01

I'm not bothering with this WT. The next one has a prize of two SSR (for top 10k), so I'm resting up so I can go all-out next time. It's nice not having to worry about it.

...I probably should do a few matches for the Dragons Stones, though...

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm not bothering with this WT. The next one has a prize of two SSR (for top 10k), so I'm resting up so I can go all-out next time. It's nice not having to worry about it.

...I probably should do a few matches for the Dragons Stones, though...
I'm just in for the 2x GSSR tickets. I don't really want Beerus at all.

chrono01

I'm just in for the 2x GSSR tickets. I don't really want Beerus at all.
I was tempted to go for the SSR tickets too, but it's such a grind without Broly. I can't even use Broly friends, since I lack a good +Ki leader. :(

I'm saving everything for Gogeta, and the two SSR tickets I do have for the next WT, when Gotenks is added. I'm tempted to use them now, and hope for TEQ SSGSS Goku or SSJ3 Goku, but I know trying for specific units is disappointment waiting to happen. I know I probably won't get Gotenks next WT either, but at least there's a chance.

I think with how fierce the competition is that the GSSR ticket should be given to top 10k at this point but Beerus should stick to top 5k.

You aren't gonna hit top 5k with 80 wins this tournament unless you have been getting supers every single round with Broly or have a really strong team that can launch endless supers.

chrono01

I think with how fierce the competition is that the GSSR ticket should be given to top 10k at this point but Beerus should stick to top 5k.

You aren't gonna hit top 5k with 80 wins this tournament unless you have been getting supers every single round with Broly or have a really strong team that can launch endless supers.
I can't wait for the Majin Vegeta rebirth event, I actually have him. :(

yogloo

I have no urge to summon in the next dokkan fest... Somehow this banner (ssg and bardock) and the Gods banner seems better to me.
I am currently at 61 one wins ranked around 1500. My 128 Stam helped a lot with my rank. I have extra 10 Stam after two rounds of tournament. So I get to do an extra preliminary round everytime I refilled.
Going to aim for 70 later today.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I have no urge to summon in the next dokkan fest... Somehow this banner (ssg and bardock) and the Gods banner seems better to me.
I am currently at 61 one wins ranked around 1500. My 128 Stam helped a lot with my rank. I have extra 10 Stam after two rounds of tournament. So I get to do an extra preliminary round everytime I refilled.
Going to aim for 70 later today.
Until I see the SSR % go up for summons, I'm not going to summon at all... except for Gogeta. I'm dropping all my stones for him.

Hit 80 last night and didn't get a dupe SSR! Yay for TEQ Cooler I guess. XD

I did pull on the SS Festival banner and got two dupe SSR Gotens though, so the GSSR pull makes up for that.

denebj

Neo Member
I reached 80 wins this morning, I am not going to pull , I am keeping all my tickets for now.
The only one I want is SSJ3, I pretty much have everything else that I want.

I seat at 565 with 14M and just do prelim. I died twice in the finals, getting one shotted with a super when I was not looking .. Always fun ahahah

So far I was able to pick up a Broly for every round so it has been nice - I do not have him. I have been lucky to have the best team that goes with him (all +2Ki to STR with no restricitions) so this time I am barely using any item since Broly starts at +6Ki at the beginning of the round. That's always welcome !

I am going to try to manage to be < 1000 for the Extra Kai !

You guys must have done a hell of a grind to get to 80 without having Broly's D:

I'm at 20, and keep looking at my un-Dokkaned Broly while thinking of how much easier this could all be...

Kyou

Had my first loss

Teq Frieza did 45-fucking-thousan damage with a regular hit. He was the last character in the finals...

I'm not sure if I should bother with World Tournament. Three free SSRs sounds so good, but I'm only at 8 wins right now because of finals. I'm sure I could grind out 80 wins, but I don't want to be stuck on my phone all day.

Arrrammis

I'm not sure if I should bother with World Tournament. Three free SSRs sounds so good, but I'm only at 8 wins right now because of finals. I'm sure I could grind out 80 wins, but I don't want to be stuck on my phone all day.

Personally, if I'm at home grinding for WT, I'll usually boot up Droid4x on my computer and transfer my account over. There are practically no load times, and the animations seem much faster on my PC than they do on my phone. It feels faster, which does help a bit with the grind. Then, whenever I'm done for a bit, I generate a transfer code and transfer back to my phone.

SnakeEyes

Banned
4 SSRs next Tourney, since there are two up for grabs in the rank rewards pool next time.

4 SSRs next Tourney, since there are two up for grabs in the rank rewards pool next time.

Gonna be gutted if it happens during the four day weekend at the end of May. Will be part of a 4 day charity event in spanning the UK and France and definitely won't have time to grind it out.

Savitar

You guys must have done a hell of a grind to get to 80 without having Broly's D:

I'm at 20, and keep looking at my un-Dokkaned Broly while thinking of how much easier this could all be...

I've been grinding harder than a stripper.

Not even Chi-Chi works this hard for Goku's attention.

yogloo

Give it up this tournament. If you tried and failed, you would be super miserable. I am pretty sure you will fail.

Maxim726X

20 wins to go, almost done with work for the day...

There's actually a good chance that I'll end up in the top 5K. I'm at ~5900 at 60 wins. I think my chances are pretty good.

I've gotten two sets of dupes from my last guaranteed SSRs (what are the odds of that?) if it happens again I'll stop participating in them all together, or at the very least use it for some free stones.

At 75 Wins with 2547 points. Don't think I'll need more than 85 wins to stay under 5000. Here is hoping.

My suggestion would be to get to 80, then spam the first round. If you can kill every enemy team, you'll get an average of ~50,000 points per round at only 10 stamina. Rinse, lather, repeat as needed. Be warned though, in the last few hours people play like crazy so expect to drop a thousand or so in the last 2 hours.

This is very surprising. At 40 wins and halfway there but under 10k rankingwise. I thought it would be more of a struggle to hit top 5k but at my rate, I'll hit it before 70 wins.

Kyou

oh today's the last day? Not gonna make it to 80 wins, but I'll still get an SSR from silver tickets

I thought there was another day or two left

oh today's the last day? Not gonna make it to 80 wins, but I'll still get an SSR from silver tickets

I thought there was another day or two left

I wish it was 1 more day so I wouldn't have to grind so hard. Ideally for me the tournament would start on Sunday and end Thursday but it started Saturday and ends tomorrow on Wednesday at 12am PST.

This is very surprising. At 40 wins and halfway there but under 10k rankingwise. I thought it would be more of a struggle to hit top 5k but at my rate, I'll hit it before 70 wins.

People feeling burnt out by these tournaments, I guess?

Also, I think I saw juan in the top rankings again :/

StMeph

These things are grueling. I'm sure it's a combination of burnout and AGL Beerus being just not that great of a card.

I'm probably not even going to make it < 20k rank before the end.

Savitar

These things are grueling. I'm sure it's a combination of burnout and AGL Beerus being just not that great of a card.

I'm probably not even going to make it < 20k rank before the end.

I'm not sure if anyone is really doing it for Beerus so much as everyone wants those sweet sweet SSR gold summons.

StMeph

I'm not sure if anyone is really doing it for Beerus so much as everyone wants those sweet sweet SSR gold summons.

Oh sure, it's ultimately for gold SSR tickets, but a better WT card would spur more interest and activity. PHY Kaioken Goku was a pretty great card.

Savitar

Oh sure, it's ultimately for gold SSR tickets, but a better WT card would spur more interest and activity. PHY Kaioken Goku was a pretty great card.

It was a pretty good card yeah, and the Gohan one in the first is still pretty useful though losing it's luster.

The next WT gets us two cards! Sadly GT ones.

Anyone check out who is leading thus far in this WT? It's ah....interesting *coughcheatercough*

Kletian

So I got this game last week and have been pushing through content. Not really doing WT stuff since I'm still too weak for it to matter so I'm prepping for the next events.

Got a TEQ SSGSS Goku that I'm going to UR tonight once the Training in the Clouds resets for the 10th time. Looking to add some friends to my friendlist in prep for the AGI SSJ3 Goku Dokkan Event coming up.

FriendCode: 1668363315 If you have a TEQ Nuker or if you need my SSGSS for your own Nukin purposes look me up!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Got to my 80 wins (and 3.8k ranking), and pulled a PHY Ultimate Gohan, which i didn't have before so that's good.

I do have less than 0 fucks to try and get to 2.5k rank though. As long as I stay sub-5k then that's all I want.

So I got this game last week and have been pushing through content. Not really doing WT stuff since I'm still too weak for it to matter so I'm prepping for the next events.

Got a TEQ SSGSS Goku that I'm going to UR tonight once the Training in the Clouds resets for the 10th time. Looking to add some friends to my friendlist in prep for the AGI SSJ3 Goku Dokkan Event coming up.

FriendCode: 1668363315 If you have a TEQ Nuker or if you need my SSGSS for your own Nukin purposes look me up!

I'll add you later for sure.

Edit: Tournament update, at the 50 range win mark. If I pace about 5 wins per hour or maybe a bit more, should hit 80 with about 1 hour left or so to maintain rank. Depends how many Broly friends I get and how long the prelims are for me each round.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Finally managed to grind out enough of the Baba gems with 13 days to go presumably before it changes over to some new stuff. Kind of tedious trying to get Pilaf to show up to get the guaranteed 10 gem drop but it was worth it for not having to deal with gacha RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom