• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

This is true. But he's still nice to have. I had been debating if to use him or Vegeto, getting two of one type and having to choose is not always easy, especially between two really good cards.

Vegito for sure. He makes everyone else better and has Prepared for Battle.

TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta just hits hard. He hits really hard, but that's a fairly easy niche to fill, in my view.

Savitar

Vegito for sure. He makes everyone else better and has Prepared for Battle.

TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta just hits hard. He hits really hard, but that's a fairly easy niche to fill, in my view.

I was using Vegito at first, but I've had Gohan as leader for so long I put SSJ3 Vegeta as leader just for something different temporary. Though probably not too long as two pieces of his hair at the top of his head looks like "horns" and is bugging me.

One of those things.

StMeph

I was using Vegito at first, but I've had Gohan as leader for so long I put SSJ3 Vegeta as leader just for something different temporary. Though probably not too long as two pieces of his hair at the top of his head looks like "horns" and is bugging me.

As a direct comparison to Gohan, it's probably down to your box. If you have enough Shocking Speed, Gohan is probably better. Otherwise, Vegeta is probably better.

On the subject of TEQ cards, TEQ Whis is kind of obsolete. In current boss/event content, nukers eliminate any other need for strategy and just OHKO things. In easier content, there's not really any need to stunlock anyone.

Savitar

As a direct comparison to Gohan, it's probably down to your box. If you have enough Shocking Speed, Gohan is probably better. Otherwise, Vegeta is probably better.

On the subject of TEQ cards, TEQ Whis is kind of obsolete. In current boss/event content, nukers eliminate any other need for strategy and just OHKO things. In easier content, there's not really any need to stunlock anyone.

I got some good cards SSJ3 Vegeta works with so it's not a problem for me. As for Whis, I think he still has a place and his stuns come in handy. Plus I'm pretty sure I read on the reddit page that there might be some bosses where nuking isn't an option and they might have some tricks so you got to do other methods of using two characters to just blow someone apart.

StMeph

Plus I'm pretty sure I read on the reddit page that there might be some bosses where nuking isn't an option and they might have some tricks so you got to do other methods of using two characters to just blow someone apart.

From what I remember reading in those new events it's more about having the relevant boss-specific effect/link to trigger. But if stuns work it's always back to Turles + Whis + General Blue.

Mrmask

This 30 stones summon makes me want to start over my account, even though I have been playing for 30+ days now with some UR. So tempting, since I would rather not pay for stones, but I'm so conflicted. Game has gotten dull without getting stones really and not being able to beat most events because I don't have a good enough team.

Tamanon

Banned
This 30 stones summon makes me want to start over my account, even though I have been playing for 30+ days now with some UR. So tempting, since I would rather not pay for stones, but I'm so conflicted. Game has gotten dull without getting stones really and not being able to beat most events because I don't have a good enough team.

What you can always do is save your current setup by making a transfer code. Then you can re-roll to your heart's content and go back to it within 2 weeks. I know they say you can't do the same device, but it's untrue as long as another re-rolled account was on there. You can go back.

You currently get ~68 stones to start, and one of the discounted starter SSRs they just added. So it's a good time!

Mrmask

What you can always do is save your current setup by making a transfer code. Then you can re-roll to your heart's content and go back to it within 2 weeks. I know they say you can't do the same device, but it's untrue as long as another re-rolled account was on there. You can go back.

You currently get ~68 stones to start, and one of the discounted starter SSRs they just added. So it's a good time!

Oh! I will try it then. I didn't know that was possible, but I'm glad it is. Thanks for the reply.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So when's the next event? I've farmed 23 SS3 Goku medals, spent 13, and now cannot reasonably decide whether I should do anything other than log in daily for the free stuff.

MiTYH

So when's the next event? I've farmed 23 SS3 Goku medals, spent 13, and now cannot reasonably decide whether I should do anything other than log in daily for the free stuff.

First world problem right here...

Look like it won't be until the 16th ends? IIRC Dokkan events take over all others until it goes away

I'm still 8/10 on the farmable Cell, but after that I go back to farming Android 13 and its medals. Gotta get that to max SA and level to make a stronger TEQ team

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Is it just me or is the drop rate for Old & Supreme Kai medals much higher than usual? I managed to get 3 from farming AGL Cell yesterday and got 2 from the AGL daily this morning.

Arrrammis

Well, at least I was able to get my SS Goku awakened to angel, now I'm sitting on 20 four-star ball medals in hopes that I can one day get one of the ss3 Goku's, it looks like that has been added to my stack of medals to awaken Broly if I ever get him. On the bright side, I was able to get both Perfect Cells on the last dokkan banner and was able to dokkan them both. Now that I have nothing left to do, I'm a little tempted to farm the Epic Showdown stage to level up the super on my (Weight of Hope) Goku. 1% chance, we'll see if I can get lucky!

Savitar

Is it just me or is the drop rate for Old & Supreme Kai medals much higher than usual? I managed to get 3 from farming AGL Cell yesterday and got 2 from the AGL daily this morning.

What stage is that exactly?

I need some more of those.

26315820634_942af2137a.jpg

OMG first time I pull 4... all dupes. ;__;

SnakeEyes

Banned
First world problem right here...

Look like it won't be until the 16th ends? IIRC Dokkan events take over all others until it goes away
I know, right? ~_~

I mean, shit, even if they brought back the Failed Fusion event I'd be happy - I was only able to get Fat Gotenks last time, because the WT was on at the same time...

Mrmask

Other than Broly, my pulls were poor. Is their a list of top tier characters including SSJ3 Vegeta/Goku? I want to get the best rerolls for my account before I start putting all my time back into this game again and don't know exactly which characters I should go for, since 1 good and the rest bad won't really help with the events.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Other than Broly, my pulls were poor. Is their a list of top tier characters including SSJ3 Vegeta/Goku? I want to get the best rerolls for my account before I start putting all my time back into this game again and don't know exactly which characters I should go for, since 1 good and the rest bad won't really help with the events.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/global_tier_list

I'd look more to the SS tier of characters, since they are better for general content in the game

Particularly one or more of either SSG Goku, STR SSJ3 Goku, SSJ3 Vegeta, Vegito, or Ultimate Gohan. These cards will stay good months from now.

26315820634_942af2137a.jpg

OMG first time I pull 4... all dupes. ;__;

Wow NICE! Sucks that TEQ Cell can't be Fed to your Dokkaned Cell right away. Very dumb move by bamco btw. Sucks for dupes but hey you got super level ups at least and its a nice feeling to get 4 SSRs. Was it SSJ3 Goku in the summon animation?

Been getting Rs and SRs mostly in all my pulls. Hopefully some of your luck rubs off on me next week.

Mrmask

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/global_tier_list

I'd look more to the SS tier of characters, since they are better for general content in the game

Particularly one or more of either SSG Goku, STR SSJ3 Goku, SSJ3 Vegeta, Vegito, or Ultimate Gohan. These cards will stay good months from now.

Ah. Thanks for that. I just don't really see SSJ3 Vegeta on the list(tried CTRL+F Vegeta), but it seems complete and I assume gets updated occasionally?

Ah. Thanks for that. I just don't really see SSJ3 Vegeta on the list(tried CTRL+F Vegeta), but it seems complete and I assume gets updated occasionally?

Yeah it needs to be updated soon hopefully. Majin Vegeta is missing from SS tier or even Z tier ever since his Dokkan and a lot of units should be going up or down depending if they got a Dokkan or not.

StMeph

Yeah it needs to be updated soon hopefully. Majin Vegeta is missing from SS tier or even Z tier ever since his Dokkan and a lot of units should be going up or down depending if they got a Dokkan or not.

Majin Vegeta's not getting his Dokkan in Global that quickly. He's updated in the JP version of the tier list where he does have it already. You can't rate Global units based on upcoming events that aren't live yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/ssr_tier

Majin Vegeta's not getting his Dokkan in Global that quickly. He's updated in the JP version of the tier list where he does have it already. You can't rate Global units based on upcoming events that aren't live yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/ssr_tier

True but the tier list is still really old. Also the orb changers are really gamebreaking still. Dunno why the JP took them off the Z tier list let alone Broly. I hope a INT and STR Orb changer unit is added soon.

A STR Beerus and INT Whis should do the trick considering how they are all RoF units.

StMeph

True but the tier list is still really old. Also the orb changers are really gamebreaking still. Dunno why the JP took them off the Z tier list let alone Broly.

The reason for dropping the nuke-enabling leads from Z to SS is because the newest content was designed to intentionally shut down those nukes, so they're no longer able to OHKO through everything in the game.

The rationale for Broly dropping down was that Broly/Vegeta's hit-all Super is basically how everyone plays the WT, so it's not gamebreaking (the metric they use for Z-tier). I don't agree with this because it basically demands one of two cards as the minimum barrier for actually ranking meaningfully in the WT? That makes it seem pretty high. Then again, those two cards are only really critical for ONE recurring event in the game, and not that useful elsewhere, so SS make some sense in that regard.

Mrmask

I kept rerolling all day yesterday and a few times today. My first reroll of today netted me:

Majin Vegeta
ssj3 Vegeta
ssj3 goku(AGI)
super saiyan gohan(STR) (can't remember which, but it's SSR and came from the 5 stones guaranteed SSR for new players)

My main account's best characters are:

Vegito(Potara's Miracle)(UR)
Ultimate Gohan(Power Awakened)(UR)
Rest of the team falls under S tier or A tier.

Does it sound like a keeper and better than my main?
My main has no stones and I can't beat any of the main events now and I am not willing to buy stones, so keep that in mind if you will.

I can keep rerolling all day basically and probably will just to see the best I can get, but I'm not sure if my new team will be way better than my main once I level up everything and get more pulls.

Edit: Also, sorry for not using pictures instead, but I just keep rerolling and forgetting to take pics. :p

I kept rerolling all day yesterday and a few times today. My first reroll of today netted me:

Majin Vegeta
ssj3 Vegeta
ssj3 goku(AGI)
super saiyan gohan(STR) (can't remember which, but it's SSR and came from the 5 stones guaranteed SSR for new players)

My main account's best characters are:

Vegito(Potara's Miracle)(UR)
Ultimate Gohan(Power Awakened)(UR)
Rest of the team falls under S tier or A tier.

Does it sound like a keeper and better than my main?
My main has no stones and I can't beat any of the main events now and I am not willing to buy stones, so keep that in mind if you will.

I can keep rerolling all day basically and probably will just to see the best I can get, but I'm not sure if my new team will be way better than my main once I level up everything and get more pulls.

Edit: Also, sorry for not using pictures instead, but I just keep rerolling and forgetting to take pics. :p

Your rerolled account looks much better with Vegeta getting that Dokkan to all hit enemies. Ulti Gohan is pretty much the best your main account has but I'd take your rerolled account personally. That also means you have a chance to get Gogeta when his event rolls around with pulls.

Mrmask

Your rerolled account looks much better with Vegeta getting that Dokkan to all hit enemies. Ulti Gohan is pretty much the best your main account has but I'd take your rerolled account personally. That also means you have a chance to get Gogeta when his event rolls around with pulls.

Glad to hear. Really annoyed that I can't do anything for these events going on with my main, so I hope I can pull good enough characters during the dokkan festival with the 30 summon sale. Just seems weird to get rid of my main account, but I guess this is something I should have known beforehand. :p

I will keep the new account in mind, but I'm still rerolling. Nothing close to those pulls yet.

Edit: New reroll:

Majin Vegeta
SSGSS Vegeta
Perfect Cell(Flare of Death)
SSR Piccolo(from the 5 stones guaranteed SSR for new player)

Better than my old reroll or no?

Arrrammis

The reason for dropping the nuke-enabling leads from Z to SS is because the newest content was designed to intentionally shut down those nukes, so they're no longer able to OHKO through everything in the game.

The rationale for Broly dropping down was that Broly/Vegeta's hit-all Super is basically how everyone plays the WT, so it's not gamebreaking (the metric they use for Z-tier). I don't agree with this because it basically demands one of two cards as the minimum barrier for actually ranking meaningfully in the WT? That makes it seem pretty high. Then again, those two cards are only really critical for ONE recurring event in the game, and not that useful elsewhere, so SS make some sense in that regard.

My only problem with this point is that that one event is the only guaranteed way to get SSR's. For people like me who have run out of free stones and haven't gotten Broly (or Majin Vegeta) despite dropping ~300 stones on the dokkan even banners, it is pretty disheartening to know that there is no way that I can place competitively in the WT unless I basically live in the game (which I did once, got PHY Kiaoken Goku. Not sure if it was worth, but whatev), or get really lucky with having Brolys appear in my friend slot.

Mrmask

This might be my best reroll yet, but I can't tell:

Goku(kaioken) - Transcending Limits
SSJ3 Vegeta
Majin Vegeta
Golden Frieza
Super Saiyan 3 Goku - Power to shake the universe

This is also before the 5 stones SSR guaranteed pull

Edit: 5 stones pull netted me a Super Saiyan Goku - All out Charge.

I assume it's worth playing a bit to try out my last 30 summon?

SnakeEyes

Banned

SSJ3 Vegeta
Majin Vegeta
Golden Frieza

This is also before the 5 stones SSR guaranteed pull.
That is an utterly brilliant account.

chrono01

SSJ3 Vegeta
Majin Vegeta
Golden Frieza

This is also before the 5 stones SSR guaranteed pull

Edit: 5 stones pull netted me a Super Saiyan Goku - All out Charge.

I assume it's worth playing a bit to try out my last 30 summon?
That re-roll account could very well be better than my current main one. Insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom