• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

Gogeta has been translated, unfortunately his damage is called immense which sounds a lot less cool than it had been.

Gogeta being Immense is sad and underwhelming. I always thought the usage of both Catastrophic and Supreme as the same thing was unnecessary. They should just have chosen one and used the other for Gogeta (probably Supreme).

Savitar

Gogeta being Immense is sad and underwhelming. I always thought the usage of both Catastrophic and Supreme as the same thing was unnecessary. They should just have chosen one and used the other for Gogeta (probably Supreme).

I liked when it was called transcendental as it really sounded like it was the next true level of damage.

Speaking of huge Damage. They really need to start making SRs have Extreme Damage or rarely Catastrophic. Hell N and R cards are the ones that need to have Huge Damage supers. SSRs can stick to Supreme and Catastrophic only.

StMeph

SSRs can stick to Supreme and Catastrophic only.

Like this guy?

VApKpCw.jpg

Savitar

Been a lot of speculation lately that some of the first God cards might get a "rebirth" version, the Whis, Beerus and SSB AGI Goku which is lackluster to the SSG AGI Goku one.

StMeph

Been a lot of speculation lately that some of the first God cards might get a "rebirth" version, the Whis, Beerus and SSB AGI Goku which is lackluster to the SSG AGI Goku one.

Yeah the first set of SSBs Goku and Vegeta are definitely pretty underwhelming. SSG's redeemed mostly because of Over in a Flash, but the non-nuke SSBs pretty much only link with each other, and have no +ki links. To add insult to injury Vegeta's SA is still only Extreme, because Vegeta.

Edit: I forgot SSG also has Shocking Speed. So there's a lot of +ki.

Agreed, it sounds only slightly better than huge damage.

lol I typed it into thesaurus.com after reading this. Huge isn't that far down the list of synonyms.

At best it sounds on par with extreme.

Is the SSB rebirth talk pure speculation? Cause it seems to be going around and there's no basis behind any of that talk. I wouldn't mind it though, of course.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
lol I typed it into thesaurus.com after reading this. Huge isn't that far down the list of synonyms.

Is the SSB rebirth talk pure speculation? Cause it seems to be going around and there's no basis behind any of that talk. I wouldn't mind it though, of course.

They did a gacha for Majin Vegeta and Fat Buu when they got their dokkans. The other featured cards were other rebirth characters and god characters

I would like to see it. The first SSGSS cards are pretty lackluster

Savitar

Speculation and demand basically. It does make sense it would happen eventually, the first lot of God cards are kinda so so and an upgrade would be nice. They've gotten a lot better with the later God cards.

They did a gacha for Majin Vegeta and Fat Buu when they got their dokkans. The other featured cards were other rebirth characters and god characters

I would like to see it. The first SSGSS cards are pretty lackluster

I'd like to see it too. Just don't want any false hope lol.

Not getting it is one thing, but people get triggered when they expect something and they don't get it. I'm all for it though!

linkent

The first set of gods cards wasnt sux when it was released.
SSB Goku was in tier 1 for a while till they keep creating more power creeps.

I wanted to whine about Chilled drop rate last night. 1/10. But didnt.
Now this morning i got 8/10 of him lol

yogloo

I am quite happy with their decision on going with immense. Now we can bitch and bitch and maybe they will change it in the future and we will get free ds.

Savitar

Banners and events coming our way can be read at the Reddit thread. which includes a lot of good stuff, card rewards for one year anniversary, possible Gogeta time etc.

We'll be busy.

The new WT reward in Japan is going to be for Super Buu

StMeph

From what I understand, the upcoming WT TEQ Turles' passive only applies to himself, not to everyone with him in combat.

StMeph

PHY Kaioken Goku was probably the best WT card so far. The STR GT Goku coming after TEQ Turles is considered one of the better WT cards as well.

Savitar

At this point they don't do a lot for me due to the cards I have, can see them being useful for some people but trying to find room for them is some times impossible at this point unless they have some utility that is extremely good.

StMeph

With everything we've seen about WT cards, it seems like they're intentionally designed to not be very high powered, probably because getting one is guaranteed for a small investment in stones, and the entire business model is to chase whales. So they'll likely never go higher than A Tier in overall power, with maybe one or two that eventually sneaks into S as an oversight or shift in the meta.

Savitar

For the most part the best WT card I rate is the TEQ Gohan one. It's been dropping with better cards coming out but it's still very useful as a card overall and chances are you'll use it for a good long time.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
PHY Goku has been the best WT reward for me so far. Him changing red orbs to rainbow, teamed up with PHY SSGSS Vegeta changing rainbow to orange, makes for some really easy nuking.

BrunoM

I've lost track of how many times I've run this event. Chilled's SA still at 5/10.
Guess I'm having better luck and usual I'm done with him ..

I'm at 16/27

Gonna keep going at it tho just for the drops the map give and what ever other card drops I get il just sell to Baba any Baba points are always welcome

Shanlei91

I've lost track of how many times I've run this event. Chilled's SA still at 5/10.

I'm at 3/10 and have definitely ran it at least 20 times. KO'ing him consistently in the first turn is the only reason I'm putting up with the bad drop rate.

I really hope to get a +2 ki SSR leader soon that isn't Old King Piccolo. Then my team would actually be easier to use in WT with no Broly.

StMeph

I was going to completely skip the current INT Vegito banner, but thinking about the ideal rainbow Gogeta team made me realize that INT is pretty much the weakest color in the game.

In going for a rainbow team, TEQ has a lot of strong candidates, and even if Vegito is the best TEQ option, it's not a major loss to use Majin Vegeta (post-Rebirth) or SSJ3 Vegeta instead, enabling INT Vegito. What else is there for INT? Super Janemba is probably the best INT card, but it links poorly with the rest of the expected team and has more utility as a blocker. What else is there? SSJ Trunks (Rebirth)?

STR: SSJ Gogeta
PHY: SSJ Gotenks
INT: Vegito
TEQ: Majin Vegeta (Rebirth)
AGI: SSJ3 Goku
Flex: STR SSG Goku

Or abandon rainbow and just double up on TEQ, ignoring INT.

Savitar

With Chilled should you only get ten which I now got or go for an extra five so that he can boosted later? Not sure if he's one of those or not.

StMeph

He doesn't have a Super Strike in JP yet, and nothing's been teased or datamined, either. That doesn't preclude the possibility, but not yet, no.

Maxim726X

After my final shit pull... I think I'm done with the game.

Haven't spent money in months, and now I think it has run it's course. Spent a fuckton of time with the game since it's launch, almost a year ago.

Have a nice account, though. Is there anywhere I could possibly sell it?

After my final shit pull... I think I'm done with the game.

Haven't spent money in months, and now I think it has run it's course. Spent a fuckton of time with the game since it's launch, almost a year ago.

Have a nice account, though. Is there anywhere I could possibly sell it?

You could do it at the Dokkan subreddit if no one here wants it.

Shanlei91

I got 5 runs of Mighty Mask in a row where both Trunks and Goten spawned, with a card dropping. My completely biased opinion is that rates are higher compared to the last times this event was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom