• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does Pulling work? Is their an art to it or just pull and hope. What dictates Super Saiyan forms, What do they mean? What about Rainbow Text?

Oh shit the one year anniversary tournament looking even better than japan's.

It has the same awesome stuff like top 10k getting the golden ticket but the mission rewards are way way better.

Mission rewards include 10x of the first jpn tournament reward that we missed out on (not a great card but it's nice it's practically guaranteed), 4 silver gssr tickets, and 2 golden ssr tickets at 80 wins.

WOW 2!!!! Sign me up! Also is the 4 silver tickets included?

Tamanon

Banned
Looks like you get the GT SSR Goku reward that comes to the top places for reaching Beerus tier also instead of the normal 5 stones. This looks like a good tourney.

denebj

Neo Member
Wow that's great !
Also you get 10 of the TEQ Goku as mission rewards. .. Great to increase the SA of other Gokus !!!!
You get like 6 SSR Total LOL Is this the next Tourney that is happening next week ?

I was reading that the STR Goku Convulsing Rage is one of the heaviest hitter with Double Gogeta Lead ?? I am really surprise, is that true ?

I awakened my Piccolo and Vegeta, and I am trying to farm Whis ... Then I need to farm him some more to increase TEQ and maybe INT Whis ... That's going to be a struggle ahahahahhaha

Arrrammis

So how does Pulling work? Is their an art to it or just pull and hope. What dictates Super Saiyan forms, What do they mean? What about Rainbow Text?

Pulling is completely random. People have their superstitions, but there's nothing that actually makes a difference. Although, someone on reddit calculates the % chance for an SSR character for each new banner (The TEQ banner is not a good one to pull on, roughly 4% chance of an SSR compared to a 7.5% chance on previous banners). Rainbow text, Saiyan pods, and Hercule seem to just be random and have no indication about what you pulled. The different super saiyan forms give you a preview of what you got.
Normal Goku (non-super saiyan): R, chance of SR
SSJ1: SR
SSJ2: SR, chance of SSR
SSJ3: Guaranteed SSR

It can also happen that when the screen goes white after firing the kamehameha, the screen cracks and Goku shows up with a message,
"It's over, Frieza!" : SR
"Bye, guys!" : Guaranteed SSR

StMeph

I was reading that the STR Goku Convulsing Rage is one of the heaviest hitter with Double Gogeta Lead ?? I am really surprise, is that true ?

There's nothing about Gogeta that makes just that one card remarkably better, so it was probably only being compared against other SSJ(1) Gokus because the 50% boost is higher than others get. But there's no way even with a maxed SA that +50% and Extreme is one of the heaviest hitters available.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm 90% sure the "It's over Frieza" is gone now. I haven't seen it in forever.

Hated that one, since it usually just meant an SR.

Got super lucky this evening to finish off my 15 Paikuhans and do the first few stages of the event. Tomorrow begins the quest for 8 Buu medals.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I've been a zombie playing the Heroes extermination due to double AGL Buu lead. But then I get to the final event, get supered for nearly half health and realize my item loadout is full of nonsense so I could get random achievements I didn't have. Made for a fun final fight.

Savitar

I've been trying to farm the last event myself but between some work I need to do and Overwatch this has fallen behind. I have two Whis but usually end up with a training capsule.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It sucks but it makes sense with the 40 stamina battles they have.

The link that does extra damage to Gogeta is Big Bad Bosses and Super Saiyan for the Janemba event.

Gogeta will be featured with SSJ3 Goku and Broly when he returns but I figure there won't be as many discounts going on then

I did some YOLO single pulls on these banners...The int one got me an SR, and it wasn't even int lmao.

The dokkan got me int perfect cell. I just got the worse of the two cells didn't I?

Kyou

What's the trick to kid buu? I have a team of characters with penetration but sometimes they just do fuck all for damage, even tur ssj3 goku

What's the trick to kid buu? I have a team of characters with penetration but sometimes they just do fuck all for damage, even tur ssj3 goku

I dunno if there's any real trick, I only had SS3 Goku linked with Majin Vegeta for over in a flash + supreme power link I think. That usually ended things pretty quick.

Kyou

I dunno if there's any real trick, I only had SS3 Goku linked with Majin Vegeta for over in a flash + supreme power link I think. That usually ended things pretty quick.
Goku usually does a bar and a half with a super but sometimes he only hits for like 19k and I can't figure out why

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Was his passive active? He should be hitting for more than 19k with or without super, especially if he has Supreme Power. I just had mine hit for 600k

Kyou

Was his passive active? He should be hitting for more than 19k with or without super, especially if he has Supreme Power. I just had mine hit for 600k
I assume so, I was moving him around to different spots on resets and nothing was getting the damage up. I just had to eat shit and lose after having a pretty easy time the run before. That's why I was wondering if Buu has any debuffs or gimmicks I wasn't getting

He's pretty straightforward from what I remember (I got my 13 medals last time). His only real gimmick is messing up the ki spheres so you can't do anything.

Kyou

He's pretty straightforward from what I remember (I got my 13 medals last time). His only real gimmick is messing up the ki spheres so you can't do anything.

Must have just been some weird one off thing, I guess I'll just get right back to grinding him and not really worry about it unless it happens again. The toughest part so far has been that he hits REALLY hard

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
He doesn't have any debuff gimmicks, he just hits hard, and you can have a link that hits him hard. The only other gimmick is the candy

MiTYH

HOW CAN I STILL NOT BEAT BROLY?

Alright, who can assist? I started an account with Broly about 4 Dokkans ago, and I still can't beat his stage for the medals. FWIW I had terrible luck with strong AGL leads. Here are some notable units I have, I could really use some assistance with team building.

Blazing Battle Links
- TEQ Mighty Mask (SA 9/10)
- INT King Vegeta
- The R--> SR AGL Trunks
- The R--> SR TEQ Picollo

Notable AGL units
- SSR --> UR Whis (from Villains even)
- SR --> SSR SSJ Bardock
- SR --> SSR Kid Goku
- SR --> SSR SSJ Teen Trunks
- Pikkon from strike event

Other Notable Units
- General Blue (for stuns)
- Broly
- PHY UR Buu (healing)
- TEQ Vegito
- UR INT Cooler
- UR INT Fusion Android 13 (passive turns TEQ orbs to rainbow)

Also advice on which items to bring. I really want to start farming medals to get my Broly evolved!

Must have just been some weird one off thing, I guess I'll just get right back to grinding him and not really worry about it unless it happens again. The toughest part so far has been that he hits REALLY hard

Having TUR AGL Buu is a godsend for that battle alone. I added myself to the spreadsheet if you want an AGL Buu leader lol.

Alright, who can assist? I started an account with Broly about 4 Dokkans ago, and I still can't beat his stage for the medals. FWIW I had terrible luck with strong AGL leads. Here are some notable units I have, I could really use some assistance with team building.

Blazing Battle Links
- INT King Vegeta
- The R--> SR AGL Trunks

Notable AGL units
- SR --> SSR SSJ Bardock
- SR --> SSR Kid Goku

Other Notable Units
- Broly
- PHY UR Buu (healing)
- TEQ Vegito
- UR INT Cooler

Also advice on which items to bring. I really want to start farming medals to get my Broly evolved!

Doesn't look like you have a unit that can deal some real damage to him, sorry :(

I was in the same boat until I got STR SSJ3 Goku and AGL SSGSS Goku. Their supers hit Broly hard. Used them along with friends' SSRs that were meant to hurt Broly (family Kamehameha units) as my damage dealers, and some of the SR that you mentioned as shields. They'll protect you decently well as long as you have their link skill activated

MiTYH

Doesn't look like you have a unit that can deal some real damage to him, sorry :(

I was in the same boat until I got STR SSJ3 Goku and AGL SSGSS Goku. Their supers hit Broly hard. Used them along with friends' SSRs that were meant to hurt Broly (family Kamehameha units) as my damage dealers, and some of the SR that you mentioned as shields. They'll protect you decently well as long as you have their link skill activated

That's disappointing but pretty much what I expected to hear. Sigh... thanks though! I've got at least 50 gems for Gogeta in a month, so I'll hope and pray for some good units there.

yogloo

Blazing Battle Links
- INT King Vegeta
- The R--> SR AGL Trunks

Notable AGL units
- SR --> SSR SSJ Bardock
- SR --> SSR Kid Goku

Other Notable Units
- Broly
- PHY UR Buu (healing)
- TEQ Vegito
- UR INT Cooler

It can be done. Borrow ssb goku from a friend.

Here's your line up to beat him.
Lead, mighty mask teq
King vegeta int
R trunks agl
Picollo teq
Android 13 int
Whis agl
Friend leader ssb goku teq

Use blazing battle units to block him. With trunks never out of position 1 or 2. He is the best blocker you have so you want to keep him around instead losing him on rotation.
Second line is always android 13 first and ssb goku teq on second. You will be guaranteed to nuke him every time during this turn if you set up the orbs correctly.

Bring king yemma, senzu, dende and cargo.
You might need some luck but it is definitely doable.
You can also farm a ssj teq goku at sa10 to replace whis so you have an additional chance to nuke if you play your cards right.

I have actually beaten broly on my Japan account with no blazing battle unit. No nukes involved too. I had to rely on my agl golden frieza to block him.
It was an epic battle.

That's disappointing but pretty much what I expected to hear. Sigh... thanks though! I've got at least 50 gems for Gogeta in a month, so I'll hope and pray for some good units there.

Yeah sorry about that. It may still be possible if you have some friends with Family Kamehameha units, especially Goten, but they will be your only real damage dealers. Broly can cause some damage, too, but you'd need to be hitting supers at almost every turn

EDIT: The strategy above my post is pretty good. Use that :)

Arrrammis

Hey wonderful people, I am trying to finish the Kid Buu Dokkan event, and I am having trouble beating him. Here's my box:
8XEqONd.jpg
Ldu2NVY.jpg

I was able to beat him once using AGL kid buu leader, TEQ SS3 Vegeta, PHY failed gotenks, STR Full Power Boujack, AGL SS Gohan(adult), and INT Perfect Cell, with TUR STR SS3 Goku as a friend. However, I had to use all 8 of my items (Dende, Senzu bean, Ghost usher, Fruit of might). Any tips you can provide would be great!

Savitar

They've really dropped the rates on the last three summons, I can't help but think it's so when Gogeta comes it'll be low and people won't complain as much because hey the last few were the same instead of them suddenly dropping it.

denebj

Neo Member
aaaaaah Despite those sh*itty rates - Even though Broly has the highest rate ever .... I decided to go for it since he is one of the 3 cards I am still wanting - I could not resist LOL ... Took me 6 multi ... I got the AGL SSB Vegeta , TEQ Vegito (Dupe) and Broly !! Not a great ratio due to the rates but I finally snag that guy !

Such a good feeling !! I already have all the best card that he needs to feed him ki for the tourney so that should be fun :-O

Now if SSJ3 Goku could be nice and drop ... And Gogeta too .. I would have pretty much everything LOL. #PrayingToRNG ahaha

@Savitar
It seems that in JPN it was the same, they lowered the rates prior to the Gogeta banner.

Hopefully the rates are not going to be too terrible !

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
New GT event is pretty easy. Did a couple pulls on the new banner and got two of the new Goten (GT) SR cards. Not bad.

Hey wonderful people, I am trying to finish the Kid Buu Dokkan event, and I am having trouble beating him. Here's my box:

I was able to beat him once using AGL kid buu leader, TEQ SS3 Vegeta, PHY failed gotenks, STR Full Power Boujack, AGL SS Gohan(adult), and INT Perfect Cell, with TUR STR SS3 Goku as a friend. However, I had to use all 8 of my items (Dende, Senzu bean, Ghost usher, Fruit of might). Any tips you can provide would be great!

Replace at least Cell with another STR blocker, get an STR SS3 Goku friend and manipulate Ki boosts on the map as much as you can for SS3 Goku (or another hard hitter). If he can super every turn and be linked up with another Supreme Power character then you should do very well most of the time. Doing that should free up another slot since you won't need Fruit of Might, Baba might be a nice choice so you can counter when Buu gets trigger happy with his supers.

That's the way I did it anyways, my box is much more impoverished compared to yours so you might end up being better off lol.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
aaaaaah Despite those sh*itty rates - Even though Broly has the highest rate ever .... I decided to go for it since he is one of the 3 cards I am still wanting - I could not resist LOL ... Took me 6 multi ... I got the AGL SSB Vegeta , TEQ Vegito (Dupe) and Broly !! Not a great ratio due to the rates but I finally snag that guy !

Such a good feeling !! I already have all the best card that he needs to feed him ki for the tourney so that should be fun :-O

Now if SSJ3 Goku could be nice and drop ... And Gogeta too .. I would have pretty much everything LOL. #PrayingToRNG ahaha

@Savitar
It seems that in JPN it was the same, they lowered the rates prior to the Gogeta banner.

Hopefully the rates are not going to be too terrible !
Gogeta rate was 12%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom