• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagamorph

Looking at the top rankings, only 3 of the top 30 aren't max level Broly.

Looking at those point numbers, bloody hell there must be some major cheating going on.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Nearly my entire friend list is Broly and every opponent in the WT has Broly as leader. Did everyone get Broly overnight???

Lagamorph

Nearly my entire friend list is Broly and every opponent in the WT has Broly as leader. Did everyone get Broly overnight???
I'm sort of wishing I'd at least tried a single pull on the Dokkan summon event earlier this week. Wonder if a lot of people got him from that.

Shanlei91

Has anyone tried nuking broly with phy vegeta ssb nuke leader and weight of hope phy goku? I know phy is weak to str but I only have that one nuking character and trying to get medals on event. Would like to see if I could get some friends to try nuking him. Not sure if it would even be effective with phy nuke combo.

It works best if you have STR Second Form Frieza dokkaned to golden Frieza. His passive removes the enemy's guard so then the nuke hits for full damage.

The tournament came at a wonderful time for me. I have off today and tomorrow. Gonna grind it out these 2 days. BTW I guess the silver tickets were canceled? I don't see them in rewards.

StMeph

The tournament came at a wonderful time for me. I have off today and tomorrow. Gonna grind it out these 2 days. BTW I guess the silver tickets were canceled? I don't see them in rewards.

There also aren't bonus GSSR tickets either, because I'm pretty sure those were datamined to be for the anniversary WT with the GT cards. This WT only includes the expanded rewards for TEQ Turles up to Rank 10,000.

Lagamorph

It works best if you have STR Second Form Frieza dokkaned to golden Frieza. His passive removes the enemy's guard so then the nuke hits for full damage.
Huh, I have that Freiza but don't use him, I use STR First form.
Might have to Dokkan the second form instead.

Is there any way to get/farm Freiza medals at the moment?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Changes for this WT:
- You get the character and a GSSR ticket for up to Rank #10,000
- Stages that have cash tiles pay out $100k per tile, so if you're in need of money for for them, and there may even be stages that have nothing but cash tiles.
- Stages that have Gold Medal capsules have event medals included in the pool, so go for them if you've got characters to awaken, and there are even stages that have nothing but Gold Medal capsules.
- SS3 Vegeta and Gotenks are in the GSSR pool.
- More people have Broly now (except me... :'( ) so nuking your way through the tourney is even easier now.

SnakeEyes

Banned
We are the last of our kinds.
4e5.jpg

Solidarity, my brother!

Android version was working this morning, but no Gogeta compensation :(

Bandai, we demand Gogeta compensation for the lack of Gogeta compensation

I have no idea how the ranking counter works. It never seems to update automatically. I've had instances of going through 5 wins without moving up in rank, and then magically shooting up plenty of spots after a prelim match

EDIT to below: that makes sense. Just seems silly now to have the rank appear after every battle

Arrrammis

I have no idea how the ranking counter works. It never seems to update automatically. I've had instances of going through 5 wins without moving up in rank, and then magically shooting up plenty of spots after a prelim match

I believe it autoupdates every 30 minutes or so rather than after every match, which saves a lot of overhead.

Man having TUR Buu as leader sucks past the prelims. They only calculate the additional health AFTER the round starts so you start with something like 60% health every time. Wish I had that Broly right about now too...

Also AGL Whis' emergency heal works every round so I think I'm keeping him on the team.

Shanlei91

From the DB pool I just pulled Mutaito, Murasaki and Dracula Man in a row. That's three characters who seal super attacks. This is definitely a sign from Bandai that I'm getting Gogeta.

MiTYH

I'm really enjoying using the new AGL Whis from the villains event during this tournament. Under 30%? Free heal. Seems to happen once each round, which is pretty great.

StMeph

I am really disappointed in how weak TUR Majin Buu AGL is compared to other TURs like Broly, Cell, and Goku.

The correct analogue for that would be the PHY Kid Buu, since that version is the festival exclusive, who is probably even more disappointing. But compared to the other non-exclusive transcends, AGI Kid Buu is much better than INT Perfect Cell, and while he's less powerful than STR SSJ3 Goku, Buu enables some tanky/zombie team compositions that aren't really possible without him.

Arrrammis

I am really disappointed in how weak TUR Majin Buu AGL is compared to other TURs like Broly, Cell, and Goku.

In general play, I use TUR AGl Kid Buu way more than the other TUR's on global (I don't have STR SS3 Goku or PHY Buu, so besides those). The others are great for one single event (Cell for nuking bosses/AGL events, Broly for WT, AGL Goku for most STR bosses), but Buu has an awesome leader skill (+70% hp which also stacks if you have a second kid buu as a friend) that combined with his passive, which also stacks with another kid Buu friend, means that you can easily have 130k+ hp and regenerate 15% of that every 2 turns if you keep the kid Buus on the same turn. Thanks to the power of Buu, I was able to farm my Broly medals without having to use any items at all, since he only attacks every 2 turns, which is the same rate that Buu can regenerate if you position them correctly*.The 30% extra attack from STR Goku is great, but the extra health+Regen is just fantastic IMO. On his own, TUR AGL Buu is pretty crap at attacking, but when you look at the team and passives he has, he's actually pretty great.

*Just for anyone interested in controlling the order that people attack in(it took me a while to notice this, really helped me with easily beating hard events), it's really simple: First two positions attack every other turn, third position attacks every 3 turns. Basically, if you want someone to appear more often or want two characters who link well to stick together, put them in the left or middle slot. If you want someone to appear less often or want them to link up with someone who is not on the screen, put them in the right (third) slot. It makes events with alternating attack turns (Broly) super easy since you can choose who he attacks.
1 1 1 -> 2 2 2 -> 1 1 3 -> 2 2 1 -> 1 1 2 -> 2 2 3 ->on and on....

He's my main leader like 85% of the time so I'm gonna defend him.

He's pretty much #1 for survivability. +70% HP is nothing to sneeze at, meaning that I have him as leader almost constantly. His passive heals 12% HP which means that effect is even greater with the HP boost. If you also farmed the TEQ Super Buu then you'll have a link that adds +3% HP if they're together meaning that you're healing around 15% of your boosted max HP every couple of turns. This is ridiculous for most fights and allows no item runs for even a poor-ass team like mine.

However if there's a time limited event like SS3 Goku's then I'm screwed. Buu can't do a damn thing about being ultra weak lol. Hence why I haven't gotten a single one of his medals yet. One day!

Shanlei91

Basically we all love AGL Buu. Low damage, but he's the key to a HP god mode team that can win most events without the use of items due to out-healing all damage being received.

Savitar

Haven't had time to really put into the WT so hovering around 11,000 just got a Mutaito from summoning. Not sure if it's worth keeping for any reason or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom