• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
A19ArDc.png

I think the game is asking me to fix the server problem.

MiTYH

Gr, stupid time zones. I saw the pictures and went Wow, 9:30 already passed! Logged in:

11:30, EST.

Damn! I just want my guaranteed SSR pull! #XenoTrunks

Arrrammis

Did anyone get the update that changes the homescreen? I still have the old one while someone I know has the new one

You have to go in to the app store and manually download it, although I'd advise people to wait until after maintenance ends. Apparently doing this now can break your game with conflicting updates.

Savitar

Yup, got it updated on my phone because the apstore displayed an update which changed it to the new opening and Goku in the healing tank. But on my iPad where didn't see anything it's still the old one.

Apparently this update adds english voices? Who's gonna switch? Admittedly I'm a little used to old lady Goku by now.

Also this discount banner looks downright terrible. I don't know if I'm gonna spend on this one at all lol.

StMeph

Is it odd Bandai Namco has server administrator position posted today? Irony.

Would be pretty incredible if the admin for Dokkan quit during maintenance, but I have to assume that kind of stuff had to be cleared through HR at least days in advance before showing up.

MiTYH

It's back up!

EDIT: It's back down! Communication error every time. Reddit's saying the same thing. Apparently some users got in, saw 6 DS compensation

Meneses

lol at this point I might lose my consecutive login streak, since I couldn't do it when it changed last night (it's at 2 AM for me).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's back up!

EDIT: It's back down! Communication error every time. Reddit's saying the same thing. Apparently some users got in, saw 6 DS compensation
You can check the news out on the home screen. One mentions 6ds another mentions compensation coming later

chrono01

Man, I might have lost my account. SSG Goku, Golden Frieza (INT and AGL), STR Beerus, TEQ Whis, Kaioken Goku (PHY), and a whole bunch of other characters as well as 250+ Dragon Stones. I tried the update this morning, and it froze on my iPhone. It wouldn't progress, so I restarted it and the app disappeared from my phone. I reinstalled it, but my ID is now different and I can't even login to see if my data is still there and I can overwrite it and return to the way things were. I do have a transfer ID, but it's from months ago and I'm not sure if it's still valid. I know when I was re-rolling before, every time I'd delete/reinstall it would tell me previous data was found, so hopefully that's still the case...

When the hell will Namco Bandai get a proper account-linking system, so things like this never happen? If I did lose it, I'm not going to bother re-rolling again (even for Gogeta) and just move on.

Man, I might have lost my account. SSG Goku, Golden Frieza (INT and AGL), STR Beerus, TEQ Whis, Kaioken Goku (PHY), and a whole bunch of other characters as well as 250+ Dragon Stones. I tried the update this morning, and it froze on my iPhone. It wouldn't progress, so I restarted it and the app disappeared from my phone. I reinstalled it, but my ID is now different and I can't even login to see if my data is still there and I can overwrite it and return to the way things were. I do have a transfer ID, but it's from months ago and I'm not sure if it's still valid. I know when I was re-rolling before, every time I'd delete/reinstall it would tell me previous data was found, so hopefully that's still the case...

When the hell will Namco Bandai get a proper account-linking system, so things like this never happen? If I did lose it, I'm not going to bother re-rolling again (even for Gogeta) and just move on.
You can always email them. The more information you provide (what's in your box, how many Dragon Stones you had, your rank, your name, etc.) the better chance you have at an account recovery.

chrono01

You can always email them. The more information you provide (what's in your box, how many Dragon Stones you had, your rank, your name, etc.) the better chance you have at an account recovery.
I don't remember my rank exactly, but I do recall a bit of the other stuff. It's worth a try, I guess, if things end badly. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. :/

The worst part is waiting until this evening to log in, to see how things are. Stupid maintenance.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

I read recently on Reddit that transfer IDs might not expire. A guy used one that was months old.

I'm paranoid about that happening, I have an Outlook reminder telling me to back up every two weeks. The lack of an account system is so backwards for such a large franchise. Hope it works out and you get it back!

chrono01

I read recently on Reddit that transfer IDs might not expire. A guy used one that was months old.

I'm paranoid about that happening, I have an Outlook reminder telling me to back up every two weeks. The lack of an account system is so backwards for such a large franchise. Hope it works out and you get it back!
Thanks man, I hope it works out for me too.

I make backups every two weeks
I did in the past as well, but I kind of stopped doing it lately (ironically, when things finally went wrong). Funny how that happens, huh? :/

Edit: My last was April 15th. I hope that wasn't too long ago...

Savitar

Got you added so can toss you your ID number and all that by checking it out via friends screen.

The same thing happened to me once with the Star Wars game.

denebj

Neo Member
Back up !!

Pulled a non dupe for this GSSR, Golden Frieza, kinda meh lol At least my tickets were non dupe.
I did pull the Kid Goku !! I might never use him but that's exciting !!!

Time to farm Kid Vegeta then moved back to Whis - I was able to get the TEQ Whis from SA1 to SA6 .

chrono01

Got you added so can toss you your ID number and all that by checking it out via friends screen.

The same thing happened to me once with the Star Wars game.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I'm going to log into the game shortly, now that maintenance is over. Here's hoping...

Kyou

I think I have every worthwhile DB character except Old King Piccolo

Are they likely to add some new characters in the near future?

chrono01

Well, somehow I managed to log into my account. The game didn't ask me to restore the data or anything, nor did I have to enter a transfer code. The game was definitely removed from my iPhone (lost the icon for it), but maybe it was because it was removed mid-update (when it got stuck/error'd out), so it didn't technically count as a full removal? I don't know.

Regardless, everything is okay, and I immediately went a created a new transfer code, as well as take a screenshot of all of my characters and the levels they are (in case I need it later). Thanks for the advice/support everyone, nice to know I didn't lose everything. :)

Savitar

Well, somehow I managed to log into my account. The game didn't ask me to restore the data or anything, nor did I have to enter a transfer code. The game was definitely removed from my iPhone (lost the icon for it), but maybe it was because it was removed mid-update (when it got stuck/error'd out), so it didn't technically count as a full removal? I don't know.

Regardless, everything is okay, and I immediately went a created a new transfer code, as well as take a screenshot of all of my characters and the levels they are (in case I need it later). Thanks for the advice/support everyone, nice to know I didn't lose everything. :)

Happy to hear that man.

Just had your info and was going to PM you it.

As I said the other day with my first gold ticket got a STR SSB Vegeta, the one I just got gave me a kid buu. I already had him dokkaned so maybe I'll baba him for extra items.

chrono01

Happy to hear that man.

Just had your info and was going to PM you it.

As I said the other day with my first gold ticket got a STR SSB Vegeta, the one I just got gave me a kid buu. I already had him dokkaned so maybe I'll baba him for extra items.
Thanks, I appreciate the thought. :)

Sorry to hear about your dupe, BTW. That goes for everyone here, that's always depressing when it happens.

Savitar

Thanks, I appreciate the thought. :)

Sorry to hear about your dupe, BTW. That goes for everyone here, that's always depressing when it happens.

Glad to help out when I can and hey like I said, 10,000 more Baba points, will come in handy so don't have to grind.

I was really excited that they finally added English voices, but now it's really weird hearing them. They seem kinda low quality as well.

I switched to English just for the sake I didn't have to hear that high pitched death rattle of a cat singing the song of it's people ie: Japanese VA Goku.

Trunks "Okay lets do this" is pretty bad but love that I can actually understand what is being said now.

Wow the turles is amazing. Good links for my SSJ team too. I got SSR TEQ SSJ2 Goku from my 2nd ticket who surprisingly has a supreme modifier vs the AGL SSJ2 even though both came around the same time.

Not the ideal pulls but at least they weren't dupes. I have all the SSJ2 Gokus now too lol. PHY, AGL, and TEQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom