• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Did the discounted multi-pull and ended up with crap and a SSJ2 AGI Fruits of Training Goku. My AGI team is getting pretty buff.

Two more multipulls. Jack shit on the first one, but thank the SSGs on the last pull! :D

27554324662_34694983bb_z.jpg

It came on a SSJ1 animation that went "bye guys" with no rainbow.

Daaaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnn! That SR Int Chiaotzu is fricking tight! :O

Daaaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnn! That SR Int Chiaotzu is fricking tight! :O
Haha you joke, but that Chiaotzu was my #1 stunna back in the day. Dude was no slouch.

Also managed to beat FP Frieza much easier than expected with this team here thanks to the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4nvu9m/my_experience_dealing_with_fp_frieza/?

27045567283_206c39f3a3_c.jpg

The key is Form 2 Frieza with Guard Break against the AGL FF Frieza. I can one shot him with SSJ3 Goku once Guard Break activates.

yogloo

This is the hardest dokkan fest yet. I can only win 80% of the time only with my nuker team.

After gogeta it will be a piece of cake because we can easily one shot agl form.

And what a lousy banner for me. 4 dupes.

SnakeEyes

Banned
This is the hardest dokkan fest yet. I can only win 80% of the time only with my nuker team.

After gogeta it will be a piece of cake because we can easily one shot agl form.

And what a lousy banner for me. 4 dupes.
Which is why everyone advises you use Gogeta to beat Frieza :D

yogloo

I'm so disappointed with ssg str and ssj3. I have both at sa10 so I thought I would manhandle any phy enemies. Instead, frieza completely owned me.
Had to resort to nuke team to beat him.

The most annoying thing about Frieza is the 3 different types he changes into. Its hard enough to have blocks for 1 type with the position lock, it harder to cover all 3 types.

It sucks too how much hp the first 2 forms of Frieza has compared to the other fights. Like Majin Buu was pretty easy to defeat. But 3rd form TEQ Frieza and AGL Frieza both don't die in a couple of supers like they really should.

I'm so disappointed with ssg str and ssj3. I have both at sa10 so I thought I would manhandle any phy enemies. Instead, frieza completely owned me.
Had to resort to nuke team to beat him.

With double Broly leads and Goten orb changing, I'm able to throw out at least two supers every turn. I save the Ghost Ushers for FP Frieza and use King Yemma to block AGL FF Frieza.

I think Frieza is impossible to beat with free units or SRs as of now.

Yeah, and you really can't grind him out like Cell/Broly/Buu.

There's always the Dracula Man tactic though... https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...meplay_howto_disable_freizas_static_lockdown/

EDIT: Also, Buu and Goku Dokkan events are up now!

denebj

Neo Member
With double Broly leads and Goten orb changing, I'm able to throw out at least two supers every turn. I save the Ghost Ushers for FP Frieza and use King Yemma to block AGL FF Frieza.

Yeah, and you really can't grind him out like Cell/Broly/Buu.

There's always the Dracula Man tactic though... https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...meplay_howto_disable_freizas_static_lockdown/

EDIT: Also, Buu and Goku Dokkan events are up now!

That's a good tactic !

I am so far at 7 medals , and the last 4 has been good with that team :

- Dual Broly
- STR Goku - Spirit Bomb
- STR Broly Goten
- STR SSJ2 Gohan
- STR SSJ2 Vegeta
- STR Broly Goku

The item makes the difference !
- Usher / Dende / Sensu / Baba

I use the 2 Usher on AGL FF, and it takes me 4 turns (So 2 Dende as well).
Then for FP, I use baba when he is done counting :) He goes down pretty quick because of the Goten Orb Changer and + 6Ki from the Brolys !
I need to try the guard :) I have that Frieza Dokkaned !

Arrrammis

well, they added SSj3 goku and Kid Buu events to the mix... now they're taunting me because I have all 20 goku medals, but no SSj3 Goku, and I have AGL Kid Buu, but no way to beat him without using a bunch of stones. Ugh.

Edit: actually found an O.K. way to kill Kid Buu.
AGL Kid Buu leader
STR Full-Power Bojack
STR Saiyaman 2
PHY gotenks (Failure) A
STR Launch (for extra ki)
INT General Blue (for stuns)
STR SSj3 Goku friend

I make sure that SSj3 Goku gets all of the ki spots on the map (maximum of 8 ki) so that he's launching constant supers. I tried doing that with Blue, but he doesn't always get a stun, so I decided to go with guaranteed results. So far I've gotten 2 wins having to use a stone each time when I ran out of items (2 Senzu beans, 2 Dende, 2 ghost Usher, 2 Fruit of Might).

Sec0nd

I wanted to do the 40 stone discount pull but with no possible way of beating Freeza I'm not even going to bother trying for the roll.

yogloo

I just realized why this event is so hard. They screwed up the order of the events. This came after gogeta in JPN.
I seems tailor made to complete with a gogeta friend.

If they nerfed the hp 3rd form Frieza and Final Form Frieza had that would be great. I dunno why shooting 3rd form Frieza with 6 supers isn't enough to kill him even if it isn't the optimal type.

yogloo

I managed to barely made through it with my str team.
Tao, ssg sa10, ssj3 sa10, beerus sa5, goten sa8, teq golden frieza sa10 and broly friend.
It's ridiculous. I survived because he went into counting mode instead of hitting me.

I wish they would update the SSJ link to include SSJ2 and SSJ3. This would nerf SSJ only teams but buff SSJ2/3 based teams. 15%/20% attack bonus would be great.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
As much as I want Gogeta, no past event has ever made me feel like I need him. I've always managed with my rag tag team of stunners, Cell, Broly and Buu.

This Frieza event though - yeesh. If I had even one heavy hitter STR unit I could do it like clockwork, but I just lack the damage output to get his final bar. Gogeta's +3 leader skill would make a hybrid team work easily. Without him though, I've only manage to beat Frieza once. It involved TEQ Turles lead with Int Turles friend - kept Frieza stunned the entire time with Babidi and Blue while trickling down his HP with Broly. Even that long ass fight was a close call because his countdown ended the turn I beat him.

denebj

Neo Member
Got my 13 medals and max out the INT Frieza, the drop was actually not that bad :)
I need to farm and extra 10 medals for SSJ3 Goku in case I pull the STR and AGL. Since I will drop probably 500 stones on the Gogeta banner I might pull those guys :-O

Arrrammis

FINALLY got all 10 medals to dokkan my AGL Buu! Shoutout to people on my friends list who are using SA 10 SSj3 Gokus, you're the real MVP!

StMeph

4/10 Friezas, 10/13 Frieza medals.

There's not really anything else to do. I suppose I could farm PHY Buu SA in the Buu event next.

Edit: Looks like the Bardock event is returning to JP during the 70 Million Downloads celebration, but no details yet if it includes a rebirth.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I was raging about how shitty the Frieza Dokkan event is, and then I beat him for the first time last night before bed. And then again first thing this morning.

Seems like the way to beat him is either with 2 Brolys, or with the new Goku and a little luck (and have SS3 Goku at SA10 and do all the Supers). Here's my team:

Its bullshit how the 2nd fight is AGL 4th form Frieza. Why not make him TEQ like he really should be since that was the original card. Its like saying fuck you for having all STR team.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Its bullshit how the 2nd fight is AGL 4th form Frieza. Why not make him TEQ like he really should be since that was the original card. Its like saying fuck you for having all STR team.
That's exactly what it is. And that's why I had two TEQ in my team.
It's worse for us though, since this event was *supposed* to be after Gogeta dropped, so Bamco probably thought we should suffer through this before Gogeta drops.

yogloo

It's not a particularly hard event. It's just that because of the event swap global players faced serious disadvantages during this event. They probably didn't consider it when swapping things around.

SnakeEyes

Banned
It's not a particularly hard event. It's just that because of the event swap global players faced serious disadvantages during this event. They probably didn't consider it when swapping things around.
I will say that I've been fucked over multiple times in that final fight by the unluckiness of what characters get locked down. Each win I've gotten, was because my STR Angry Goku was able to be in place to survive Frieza's super.

yogloo

I will say that I've been fucked over multiple times in that final fight by the unluckiness of what characters get locked down. Each win I've gotten, was because my STR Angry Goku was able to be in place to survive Frieza's super.
Tell me about it. Brought my nuker team with one senzu and 3 orb changers. On second turn I had all three str guys and agl frieza supered.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I just went four turns unable to stun Frieza with three stun units. I kept resetting the game and rearranging their positions when the stuns didn't go off.

That's Babidi, Turles and Blue. That means that in four turns, six supers with 70% stun and twelve supers with 50% stun failed to stun. Not sure if it was bugged or the worst luck ever in the game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just went four turns unable to stun Frieza with three stun units. I kept resetting the game and rearranging their positions when the stuns didn't go off.

That's Babidi, Turles and Blue. That means that in four turns, six supers with 70% stun and twelve supers with 50% stun failed to stun. Not sure if it was bugged or the worst luck ever in the game.
That was your Gogeta luck. :O

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Scans for the first LR, SSJ Goku, are out there.

So he goes to level 150, different supers at 12, 18, and 24 Ki. Has the Gogeta leader skill

Not sure if it'll be free or from a summon. Reason I think it could be free is because the only way to attempt the event is with a the super Strike cards, which are all free. Also can't use DS on the event

SnakeEyes

Banned
Scans for the first LR, SSJ Goku, are out there.

So he goes to level 150, different supers at 12, 18, and 24 Ki. Has the Gogeta leader skill

Not sure if it'll be free or from a summon. Reason I think it could be free is because the only way to attempt the event is with a the super Strike cards, which are all free. Also can't use DS on the event
I pretty much only get my info about this game here from GAF, so can you offer a bit more of an explanation about this event?

Edit: Never mind, found it myself.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4oo8d6/level_150_ssj_goku_revealed/

MiTYH

My activity in the game has dropped with the upcoming announcement of the 1-year. I log in, get the gems, maybe play a new story mission for a DS (though even those are winding down for me), but that's about it.

Need some new (or even old) strike events, soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom