• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah. I got my 3 Surpassing All medals. Will wait for the team to be better next time for the 10 for my AGI SSJ3 Goku. I want strikes or the Saiyaman event!

Palabrah

Yeah I struggled to get my three and now there's nothing for me to do lately. It's pretty boring right now. It's really bare right now lol

Yeah I struggled to get my three and now there's nothing for me to do lately. It's pretty boring right now. It's really bare right now lol

From da reddit:

JQpBbWFl.jpg

Probably on Friday when the Dokkan fest finishes up.

Also, in regards to leveling Super Strike characters, you can potentially level up their SA with their undokkaned versions so you don't necessarily have to wait until you have 15 copies of a character before you dokkan them: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...eo_proof_undokkaned_strike_characters_sa_can/

What's all this Super Strike business?

In the JP version, there are Super Strike events that give you medals, allowing you to dokkan your current Strike characters (i.e. Mecha Frieza) to go from SSR to UR. This also upgrades their max SA from 10 to 15.

Also, I think there's a team cost limit as well, so you'll need decent SRs too. JP players feel free to chime in.

Here's Mecha Frieza's Super Strike dokkan: https://jpn.dbz.space/cards/1007350 I think he's the only one that changes type so far. Everyone else that has a super strike stays the same.

SnakeEyes

Banned
In the JP version, there are Super Strike events that give you medals, allowing you to dokkan your current Strike characters (i.e. Mecha Frieza) to go from SSR to UR. This also upgrades their max SA from 10 to 15.

Also, I think there's a team cost limit as well, so you'll need decent SRs too. JP players feel free to chime in.

Here's Mecha Frieza's Super Strike dokkan: https://jpn.dbz.space/cards/1007350 I think he's the only one that changes type so far. Everyone else that has a super strike stays the same.
Wow, okay. Do we have any idea when these're going to start hitting Global?

Wow, okay. Do we have any idea when these're going to start hitting Global?

In JP they started after Gogeta(?). For all we know it could happen after this upcoming story event. It's been a bit of a crapshoot considering how Global doesn't necessarily follow JP, especially lately.

Some new stuff that was noticed in the WT rewards for the next one: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4padb3/changes_for_wt/

• 2x SSR TEQ Deadly Awakening SS Goku @ 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 wins (30 wins gets SA10)
  • 2x Silver GSSR Tickets @ 40, 60 wins
  • 2x Gold GSSR Tickets @ 80 wins
  • Get 1x SSR STR Super Saiyan Goku GT when reaching Beerus tier
So you potentially can get 5x SSRs (barring dupes and aside from reaching #1 ranking) with some effort. 6 if you have left over silver GSSR tickets from earlier.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So are the Super Strike events add-ons to the already existing Strikes? I seem to have sacrificed my AGL Vegeta somewhere along the line, so want to know if I can get the character cards back during the Super Strike event, or if I can only get the awakening medals.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So are the Super Strike events add-ons to the already existing Strikes? I seem to have sacrificed my AGL Vegeta somewhere along the line, so want to know if I can get the character cards back during the Super Strike event, or if I can only get the awakening medals.
They're extensions

Arrrammis

Some new stuff that was noticed in the WT rewards for the next one: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4padb3/changes_for_wt/

• 2x SSR TEQ Deadly Awakening SS Goku @ 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 wins (30 wins gets SA10)
  • 2x Silver GSSR Tickets @ 40, 60 wins
  • 2x Gold GSSR Tickets @ 80 wins
  • Get 1x SSR STR Super Saiyan Goku GT when reaching Beerus tier
So you potentially can get 5x SSRs (barring dupes and aside from reaching #1 ranking) with some effort. 6 if you have left over silver GSSR tickets from earlier.

Is this for Japan or Global? If for global, I would be really surprised. If it is for global, I hope they give us 4-6 days like they have in the past. People trying for top 100 might want it short, but I really appreciate being able to live my life normally and casually get 80 wins at a rate of like 15-20 wins a day.

Edit: I looked at the DBZ.space link where the info came from, and it lists the upcoming tournament as the Xth tournament, with the 6th tournament after that. We just finished the 5th, it's weird to me that they would put in a tournament with a different name, even for the one year, in the middle of the list of numbered tourneys.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm 99% sure that WT Xth is for the 1 year anniversary. It just seems too good to burn on a regular tournament. And seems like a good way to encourage people to come back for a bit.

Haven't played this in about a year but I logged in today and got a few new cards with my gems, including SSJ future trunks. My question is, has much changed/been added to make it worth playing again? I kind of got tired of it and switched to OPTC because it felt like less of a grind. I stopped playing just after the Broly addition and the first guy above UR for reference.

I see a lot of stuff about Dokken Awakening which I remember just showing up near the time I quit, but that seems like even more of a grind. Did they do much to cater to the players who don't have a top tier deck I guess is my question since I felt like I'd ran out of things I could actually beat.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm 99% sure that WT Xth is for the 1 year anniversary. It just seems too good to burn on a regular tournament. And seems like a good way to encourage people to come back for a bit.
WT right by Gogeta summon? Damn I now have no idea what to spend my stones on...

SnakeEyes

Banned
Or D -spend all the money's until you get the Gogeters.
What, you think I'm made of that Youtube moneys?!

inb4 "WHAT UP YOUTUBE YOUTUUUUUUUUBE~!"

No joke though, I have a friend who plays who has just had his 2nd child and is sooooo hyped for Gogeta, that he started buying iTunes cards months back so that he had a stockpile of credit to spend on Gogeta multi-summons.

What, you think I'm made of that Youtube moneys?!

inb4 "WHAT UP YOUTUBE YOUTUUUUUUUUBE~!"

No joke though, I have a friend who plays who has just had his 2nd child and is sooooo hyped for Gogeta, that he started buying iTunes cards months back so that he had a stockpile of credit to spend on Gogeta multi-summons.

Did he name his kid Gogeta?

yogloo

10 minutes into the video, and almost 500 Stones spent, and he's only gotten 3 SSRs. That's brutal.

I am interested in the sale on Stones they have going though...
I can't make it the whole way too. I'm having ptsd flashbacks related to my broly summons.

SnakeEyes

Banned
�� How many stones did he spend until getting Gogeta? I was feeling confident with all the f2p stones I stockpiled.

Also looks likes there's maintenance for the new event.
Close to 1000 stones, and the video ends on the pull where he does get Gogeta. The event he's rolling on is a "Do 3 multi-summons, get 1 Free" too, so for every 150 he's spending he's getting a 4th summon for 0 Stones.
It took him something like 24 multi-summons to get Gogeta, and along the way he got 6 or so other SSRs.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Close to 1000 stones, and the video ends on the pull where he does get Gogeta. The event he's rolling on is a "Do 3 multi-summons, get 1 Free" too, so for every 150 he's spending he's getting a 4th summon for 0 Stones.
It took him something like 24 multi-summons to get Gogeta, and along the way he got 6 or so other SSRs.

I really though I'd get Gogeta with over 500 stones. Here's hoping for a rate up.

denebj

Neo Member
I hope I will pull that guy :-/ I will be around 400 ~ 450 stones just for that banner. If the rates are high like they were in JPN with a 12% rate then maybe there is a change !!

I did a multi pull on that new banner. SSJ3 ! Got excited ... Got the new AGL Android .. Bummer ahaha
Not really interested in the new SSR but I like to do a multi per new banner from time to time :D :D

yogloo

Future gohan is my favorite character in dbz. Actually the other ssrs seems pretty good too. I love orb changers but I am kinda afraid of dupes right now.

StMeph

I don't see why the current TEQ Future Gohan is rated SS on the JP Tier list. I see seriously nothing to put him there. He belongs in S.

denebj

Neo Member
Yes I am not understanding the hype around that character ... No so great link / stats. It is good if the battle gets longer - Like kaioken which realistically does not happen often since it does not take me more than 3-4 rounds to take down a boss on average (Obviously it depends on the box). Maybe for the dokken fest where it might take like 5-6 rounds which mean the dude can SA 3 times.

On the plus side :
- He does have PFB/RFW .
- He will get a rebirth since he was in the top 3 rebirth unit poll

My TEQ box is pretty much loaded with the best TEQ units , I would put him in for the PFB/RFW link with Vegito and SSB goku but it would not make the cut in my rainbow team :-O

The Orb changer I think are always good card to have and be support unit that helps you super / nuke stuff :O

StMeph

Still not SS-tier. Just S-tier.

His Super has the same Kaioken effect, but I don't see that as enough to push him to SS, which is basically top-tier outside of outliers like Gogeta. He just doesn't belong in the same group as the other SS cards. There are a lot of great TEQ cards I would consider ahead of Future Gohan.

The potential rebirth from the recent JP popular vote is the only thing that may potentially push him up to actually fit in with SS, but since nothing is known about what that would look like it's extremely speculative at best.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Still not SS-tier. Just S-tier.

His Super has the same Kaioken effect, but I don't see that as enough to push him to SS, which is basically top-tier outside of outliers like Gogeta. He just doesn't belong in the same group as the other SS cards. There are a lot of great TEQ cards I would consider ahead of Future Gohan.

The potential rebirth from the recent JP popular vote is the only thing that may potentially push him up to actually fit in with SS, but since nothing is known about what that would look like it's extremely speculative at best.
Hopefully he loses an arm.

So Gogeta is apparently releasing on July 8. Am I a bad friend for almost hoping my friend doesn't get him? The guy is F2P and has literally almost every SS-tier unit while I get an SSR maybe once every three multi-summons. All he's missing are Broly and the God Goku cards. He's got all the SSJ3 cards, FP Frieza, Gotenks, Vegito, AGL Golden Frieza, the list just goes on and on. Ahhhh, I mustn't be selfish, but damn, if I get Gogeta I wouldn't be so salty.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So Gogeta is apparently releasing on July 8. Am I a bad friend for almost hoping my friend doesn't get him? The guy is F2P and has literally almost every SS-tier unit while I get an SSR maybe once every three multi-summons. All he's missing are Broly and the God Goku cards. He's got all the SSJ3 cards, FP Frieza, Gotenks, Vegito, AGL Golden Frieza, the list just goes on and on. Ahhhh, I mustn't be selfish, but damn, if I get Gogeta I wouldn't be so salty.
Yeah, you're a bad friend.

Tamanon

Banned
It's so hard to hold onto stones. Sitting on 70 right now, and still have ~100 more from story mode if I want to grind 'em. My team is pretty damn great for F2P, except I have no STR SSRs.

AGI - SSJ3 Goku, Gotenks, SSJ2 Goku
TEQ - SSJ3 Vegeta, Whis, SSG Goku, Cell, Super Buu, Dokkaned SSJ Angel Goku
PHY - Super Trunks
INT - Vegito
STR - Waiting on Dokkan medals for Videl, lol

Looking forward to dokkaning the Trunks since I could use another INT unit. Hopefully the Tourney can give me some good stuff. Did a few singles on the new banner and got a dupe TEQ Whis, so meh. Just going to stockpile until Gogeta and roll the bones!

It's so hard to hold onto stones. Sitting on 70 right now, and still have ~100 more from story mode if I want to grind 'em. My team is pretty damn great for F2P, except I have no STR SSRs.

AGI - SSJ3 Goku, Gotenks, SSJ2 Goku
TEQ - SSJ3 Vegeta, Whis, SSG Goku, Cell, Super Buu, Dokkaned SSJ Angel Goku
PHY - Super Trunks
INT - Vegito
STR - Waiting on Dokkan medals for Videl, lol

Looking forward to dokkaning the Trunks since I could use another INT unit. Hopefully the Tourney can give me some good stuff. Did a few singles on the new banner and got a dupe TEQ Whis, so meh. Just going to stockpile until Gogeta and roll the bones!
You've got some really solid cards. I would save stones for these next couple weeks and go all in on Gogeta. If we get the same treatment as Japan, you should be able to do four multi-summons with 130 stones.

Tamanon

Banned
Double login bonuses now for the 70 mill downloads and the countdown. Great time to just log in to stock up. Got 7 Hercule statues today, good for refilling the zeni coffers, lol.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I was tempted to do one multi-summon on the current event, to try for that Future SS Gohan. Until I saw the 1% for Banner SSRs.

Then I LOL NOPE'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom