• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
A lot lower than that (0.25%ish), but when you factor in that a multi-summon only gives you 10 rolls, the odds still don't look good

EDIT for above: Wat? That's way too high for banner summons in GLB :|

It's currently that high, but that's counting that there are 7 or 8 Banner SSRs right now.

Arrrammis

A lot lower than that (0.25%ish), but when you factor in that a multi-summon only gives you 10 rolls, the odds still don't look good

EDIT for above: Wat? That's way too high for banner summons in GLB :|

It seems that Global is getting some love now. 7% chance for an SSR, which is higher than Japan currently, plus we get 2 login bonuses which mean that by the time Gogeta rolls around, we should have an extra 50 stones or so.

StMeph

Then blame donkey show's post on the previous page, that has it at ~1%.

But fuck it, whatever - I'm still not pulling on this Banner.

He's referencing the rate for individual banner SSRs (though just two, but it includes the good new TEQ Future Gohan). 0.9-1% ties the highest Global has seen so far for any particular SSR in any banner.

Your post complaining about 1% suggests a mistake that assumed the aggregate rate for banner SSRs was 1%, but it's 4.4%. That said, this banner has two decent cards and five trash cards, so I don't think it's a good value for the banner anyway.

SnakeEyes

Banned
He's referencing the rate for individual banner SSRs (though just two, but it includes the good new TEQ Future Gohan). 0.9-1% ties the highest Global has seen so far for any particular SSR in any banner.

Your post complaining about 1% suggests a mistake that assumed the aggregate rate for banner SSRs was 1%, but it's 4.4%. That said, this banner has two decent cards and five trash cards, so I don't think it's a good value for the banner anyway.
Well my previous post was referencing making a pull specifically for the Future SS Gohan, so while my wording may be incorrect, the end result is the same: it's not worth pulling on this banner if you're trying to get that Future SS Gohan.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well my previous post was referencing making a pull specifically for the Future SS Gohan, so while my wording may be incorrect, the end result is the same: it's not worth pulling on this banner if you're trying to get that Future SS Gohan.
What were you expecting? ಠ_ಠ

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
1% is as good as it gets for a single featured character. I doubt it'll ever be this high again for that specific character. It's only been that high like maybe twice ever for an SSR. Any higher and you get into featured SR territory. Not happening

linkent

You know you want it snake,
y7v7pxh6925x.png

StMeph

Did two multis: 0x SSRs in first, 2x in second: Majin Vegeta (3rd) and Future Gohan.

Guess I'm done. The last few banners have been pretty good to me.

StMeph

As a general rule, I would say roll if you're already committed to IAPs in the game, if a favorite character regardless of tier is featured in the banner, or if there's a discount summon. Don't roll if you're trying to remain F2P and want to max value for your stones. In that case nothing beats Gogeta, and it's probably even worth it to reroll for him if you strike out and your box isn't that well developed.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Tournament starting on the 28th. It's not the crazy one year anniversary tournament with 3 gold tickets, 4 silver, and such for top 10k

The prize is INT Bardock though who is quite good for an INT mono team with all the later INT SSJs that will be out soon

As a general rule, I would say roll if you're already committed to IAPs in the game, if a favorite character regardless of tier is featured in the banner, or if there's a discount summon. Don't roll if you're trying to remain F2P and want to max value for your stones. In that case nothing beats Gogeta, and it's probably even worth it to reroll for him if you strike out and your box isn't that well developed.

Gogeta fits all of those criteria for me and I'm probably not going to pull him :(

Holy crap. I had 9 stones and dropped 5 on the new Dokkan banner. When I first saw Mr Satan flying to the meteor and Goku not turning SSJ, I was like "Crap, I wasted 5 stones". And then... It appeared

1466796873-s60624-213354.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Got my maxed out SSJ future trunks from the event. Did some grind up to level 80 for the team cost. Ready for the tourney and Gogeta. Would it hurt them to always have at least one strike going? Bored now waiting lol.

Got my maxed out SSJ future trunks from the event. Did some grind up to level 80 for the team cost. Ready for the tourney and Gogeta. Would it hurt them to always have at least one strike going? Bored now waiting lol.

Yeah just finished mines also. Took me longer than I thought since that damn #18 medal wouldn't drop. I have over 30 #17 medals compare to the 8 medals for #18.

So I'm curious guys. Out of your box, make your toughest Rainbow team.

1 of each type at the very least so you have to cover all 5 types + 1 extra for the 6th slot.

Mine is

Leader: PHY SSJ2 Gohan Teen +2 ki all

AGL SSG Goku

TEQ Vegito

INT SSJ Goku Bulky from tournament

STR Beerus

PHY Kaio-Ken Goku from tournament

Basically a Shocking Speed team with some PFB thown in and the rare case of SSG and KaioKen being next to each other with OIAF + shocking speed.

Not the best links but they have the highest stats and getting super off just destroys most enemies outright thanks to SSG having SA 10 super and Beerus being around 6.

INT is where the team lacks due to SSJ Goku having piss poor stats. I have SSJ Future Trunks but he doesn't get Dokkan for a while and he doesn't have the best links.

I would trade STR Beerus for STR SSJ2 Vegeta but Vegeta doesn't have good links with the other half of the team and his attack is nowhere near Beerus's. Also Kaioken Goku's passive makes having STR orbs a pain on the field.

linkent

Hope the maintenance doesn't end the event...

What are the best levels/difficulties for grinding out the awakening medals?
It wont end it, it will add additional stage for that event.
The Gohan medals is crazy low drop rate.
But every 3 senju per clear is not bad.

Lagamorph

Gohan medals were the ones I got all of first thanks to the mission that gives you 5 of them. Same for Android 18.
Ones I need now are Android 17, Vegeta and Cell.

linkent

Gohan medals were the ones I got all of first thanks to the mission that gives you 5 of them. Same for Android 18.
Ones I need now are Android 17, Vegeta and Cell.
what The Rock said above, need to farm up 7 additional medals for future Xeno dokkan.

the event may return in the next 6 months, but sure is nice to get it ready now.

MiTYH

Gohan medal's drop Rate is terrible.
New banner ssrs topped out at around 0.5%. Gogeta outlook doesn't look too good.

I wouldn't worry. These are currently trap banners to get stones. With all the aninversary stuff we're getting, I'm hopeful for better rates. Might not be as good as JPN, but it'll be boosted

denebj

Neo Member
That new event is great and arrived just in time !!
Maxed out the Trunk and Gohan, got the medals to awake Trunk + the extra 7 needed for the dokkan of Xeno :)
I can grind now that bulma guy and get some support item for the tourney :)

StMeph

Gohan medal's drop Rate is terrible.
New banner ssrs topped out at around 0.5%. Gogeta outlook doesn't look too good.

They're mostly bad SSRs anyway. It's not worth pulling unless you're a megawhale that just wants Elder Kais on hand for Gogeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom