• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogloo

Xeno Trunks tho?
Nah. Bodybuilder trunks. I have xeno. Currently wanting agl ssg and agl golden so bad.

Have anyone tried the hot level 12? Is it me or is it impossible to do a no item clear without a broly friend and some luck? I cleared it with the help of sa10 broly friend that came out during the first turn. My over in a flash team was literally game over in a flash against them.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Nah. Bodybuilder trunks. I have xeno. Currently wanting agl ssg and agl golden so bad.

Have anyone tried the hot level 12? Is it me or is it impossible to do a no item clear without a broly friend and some luck? I cleared it with the help of sa10 broly friend that came out during the first turn. My over in a flash team was literally game over in a flash against them.
I tried it once and said fuck it, especially since the Tourney is on as well - I'm not wasting energy on that that I can put towards getting sub-2500.
It's incredibly difficult, especially with no items and no continues.

linkent

TEQ SSJ GT Trunks.

Lucky not a dupe, and he give STR +2ki which is nice for tourney Broly team!
TEQ SSJ2 Goku would be better as he can be dokkan later.

Lagamorph

How are some of you spending so much time to get so many wins on the tournament? 80 wins? Bloody hell.
Are you just using stones to refresh stamina or something? I've been hoarding as many as I could so up to about 160 at the moment rather than using them on stamina refresh for the tournament.

SnakeEyes

Banned
How are some of you spending so much time to get so many wins on the tournament? 80 wins? Bloody hell.
Are you just using stones to refresh stamina or something? I've been hoarding as many as I could so up to about 160 at the moment rather than using them on stamina refresh for the tournament.
Yeah, to get 80 wins with time to spare I end up spending approx. 10 Stones on Stamina refills, but I'm also Rank 235 so I have 125 Stamina.

linkent

like Snake says, gems isnt a problem for tournament. You will earn gems back over it if you are level 200+.

Time is the problem. Will need at least 20 hours over 5 days to get those 80 wins.

Sitting at 15mil now. Think I will go to 15.5 to be safe in top 10k.

Need to start doing the additional Future trunks event.
Any idea what enemies type are in those stages?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

If your rank is high enough you can even end up with a net gain of stones

yogloo

like Snake says, gems isnt a problem for tournament. You will earn gems back over it if you are level 200+.

Time is the problem. Will need at least 20 hours over 5 days to get those 80 wins.

Sitting at 15mil now. Think I will go to 15.5 to be safe in top 10k.

Need to start doing the additional Future trunks event.
Any idea what enemies type are in those stages?
You only need to worry about the last mission (12) because there's a no item or stones used achievement tied to it.
Phy phy teq str

Tamanon

Banned
Just barely under 30K right now with 24 wins. Will probably run a couple more times today. Working also, so it's a bit tougher, but I just want the 3 Silver tickets so I can have a total of 5 and get a pull!

Arrrammis

Yeah, the time you need to put in can be a bit of a factor, but I just do a tournament between things whenever I can, then take out my phone and do them while I'm watching TV or anything else in my free time.
You'd need to spend stones to get 80 wins, and for a lot of people it's worth it. I'm rank 180 right now, with 105 stamina to spend (people aim for rank 210, where you have 120 stamina and can do two full tournaments before you run out of stamina). By the end of 80 wins, I had 8 fewer stones than when I started (not considering the stones I got from login bonuses). For the price of those 8 stones, I got 3 SSR's, a bunch of awakening medals, a couple elder kais to buff my favorite cards, and a ton of zeni and exp. If you can put in the time, you'll get way more from spending stones on the WT than you would on any summon banner.

Meneses

Yeah, time and boredom is the main issue here. I usually try to get 20 wins each day, while doing other stuff (except when I have to miss a day, like this time, and make it up on the final day... that is extremely tiresome).

Having Broly (or plenty of friends / guests) is vital, though. I don't think I would bother otherwise.

I'm at 107 stamina now, and with the new addition of Stamina Overage the stone refreshes aren't that bad (the login bonuses do help). The rewards you get are definitely worth it, but there is a risk of being "fed up" with the game.

I mean, after the last tournament I couldn't even open this game for a few days except to collect the login bonus lol

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I feel bad for being upset about getting STR Android 17 last tournament. His higher card cost along with orb changing passive makes him great for the tournament.

thaOwner

I feel bad for being upset about getting STR Android 17 last tournament. His higher card cost along with orb changing passive makes him great for the tournament.
Because of him, I'm almost always able to activate Brolys super when they appear together.

I decided to use the increase exp to finish all of the story missions and level up. Have 400 stones to blow on not getting Gogeta. Hopefully I'll be ready by the time the next tournament rolls around and I have more characters. Can't even really field a single colour team beside AGL.

I actually got him for my 80th win ticket just now. I was kinda bummed out, but I guess he's not so bad. :]

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
When you wake up with 70 wins, 12k rank and 2 hours left in the tournament.
YOxGLfd.jpg

80 wins and rank 9.5k, I'll probably grind out 3/4 wins before letting the tournament end to stay top 10k.

I got STR Bardock with my Ticket who I hope gets a rebirth soon. Kinda sucks since the prize for the tournament is a much better Bardock who will probably be the best INT SSJ in the game for a long time and one I will use more.

I also yolo single pulled on the future banner and got AGL #18 so that was nice. Helped that I used all 10 of my gold DB tickets and got mostly crappy Rs for it. So it evened out.

Woke up 15 minutes before closing time and saw I dropped to 959 from 400 something. I should've managed to sneak my way into top 1000 after a couple goes, but I wasn't expecting it to be this competitive! Usually I could be within that 500ish range and sleep for several hours and not move that much.

Woke up 15 minutes before closing time and saw I dropped to 959 from 400 something. I should've managed to sneak my way into top 1000 after a couple goes, but I wasn't expecting it to be this competitive! Usually I could be within that 500ish range and sleep for several hours and not move that much.

That Bardock is a good card so people are trying harder. It was the same for Kaioken PHY Goku.

katagai

So I just installed this for the first time and was immediately greeted with 34 dragon stones in the mail on top of the 5 free ones they give you at the beginning. Is there a site with a guide or a list of recommended characters to have at the start? I spent all of them between the top two gatchas and unsure if I should reroll or not. I figure that if I were to reroll, I should get those 34 free stones in the mail again, right?

Characters I got were:

SR AGL Cell (first form)

SR TEQ Guldo
SR TEQ SSJ Goten (kid)
SR TEQ SSJ Vegeta
SSR STR SSJ Gohan (youth)
R STR Shisami
R STR Krillin
SSR PHY SSJ2 Goku
SR PHY Android #17 (future)

So I just installed this for the first time and was immediately greeted with 34 dragon stones in the mail on top of the 5 free ones they give you at the beginning. Is there a site with a guide or a list of recommended characters to have at the start? I spent all of them between the top two gatchas and unsure if I should reroll or not. I figure that if I were to reroll, I should get those 34 free stones in the mail again, right?

Characters I got were:

SR AGL Cell (first form)

SR TEQ Guldo
SR TEQ SSJ Goten (kid)
SR TEQ SSJ Vegeta
SSR STR SSJ Gohan (youth)
R STR Shisami
R STR Krillin
SSR PHY SSJ2 Goku
SR PHY Android #17 (future)

You can check out a current tier list here.

Right now is probably not a good time to roll. The best unit in the game (and will be for a couple months) should be releasing on Friday. Additionally, we should all be getting 77 free stones as part of an event Wednesday. If you were to reroll Friday, you could have a shot at Gogeta and start off with around 100 stones.

katagai

You can check out a current tier list here.

Right now is probably not a good time to roll. The best unit in the game (and will be for a couple months) should be releasing on Friday. Additionally, we should all be getting 77 free stones as part of an event Wednesday. If you were to reroll Friday, you could have a shot at Gogeta and start off with around 100 stones.

Thanks, I'll restart and hold onto the stones then.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Played up until the end and finished approx. Rank #2000. Well withing my target of sub-2.5k.

Also we blitzed the Facebook event, so have 10 Stones and an SSR AGL Spirit Bomb Goku incoming tomorrow along with the chance for another 10 Stones in an added tier.

Played up until the end and finished approx. Rank #2000. Well withing my target of sub-2.5k.

Also we blitzed the Facebook event, so have 10 Stones and an SSR AGL Spirit Bomb Goku incoming tomorrow along with the chance for another 10 Stones in an added tier.

Nice man congrats. I'm hopeing I get Majin Vegeta for my 2nd ticket for attack all. Would save me a lot of trouble and I can hit top 2k easy lol.

That Bardock is a good card so people are trying harder. It was the same for Kaioken PHY Goku.
Just looked at the stats for Bardock. Makes sense.

Everyone wants that Big Ass Hope.

O3kePOv.jpg

When you wake up with 70 wins, 12k rank and 2 hours left in the tournament.
YOxGLfd.jpg

70?! Oh my word. I was slowly getting back into this and wanted to get into the under 10k bracket for the tournament. I think I may as well just give up if that's the amount of run it takes.

Fell asleep with a hour and a half left in tourney just couldn't keep going. Ended at 3.5k hope I'm still under 5k for two bardocks and 3 elder kais but I have a feeling I got pushed out should have 10k still. Only reason I had 80 wins at all this wt was cause my newborn baby girl is a fire alarm every couple hours lol. No sleep meant rank and wins for me this go.

Kyou

Doing the last mission for future trunks is fucked

It seems like I'd need an sa10 friend Broly and incredible luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom