• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
EGlofVB.jpg

2t6lNV4.jpg

hkGqGEu.jpg

could still use Gogeta :(

Skii

For some reason the image didn't upload properly. Here's the pic of my reroll again

could still use Gogeta :(

You should get more opportunities to get him but the problem is that he'll never be a part of the tournament GSSR pull or any GSSR pull. They may bring in a GSSR pull amongst dokkan festival exclusive characters but that will be a long way away as it hasn't even happened in Japan yet.

I'd personally recommend people reroll for Gogeta even if they have put lots of time and money into their current accounts. He is a game changer and absolutely broken in both Japan and Global meta.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
For some reason the image didn't upload properly. Here's the pic of my reroll again

Your lack of an "attack all" WT character is the only thing stopping my jealousy from rerolling to get a similar setup.

m1mR2Mm.png

Thank god, considering I just dokkan'd my Gogeta.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have to farm 17 more stones tonight to do my last janemba multi and subsequent free multi. My last 4 have been utter dogshit, so I'm hoping to see something neat.

Unrelated: Do the Z-hard dokkan strike bosses always fire off a super as their first move, or am I just getting rekt by RNG? I've never really understood exactly what dictates enemy super usage. I'd like to start working on cell games medals for my teq cell, but the first time I tried it i immediately wiped to a 75k super.

Skii

Your lack of an "attack all" WT character is the only thing stopping my jealousy from rerolling to get a similar setup.

m1mR2Mm.png

Thank god, considering I just dokkan'd my Gogeta.

Yeah I didn't really care about rolling an attack all character because I main my Japan account and therefore won't be playing tournament on global. Still a nice account for collection purposes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
On another note, what's the best place to get Supreme Kai medals? I've been awakening a bunch of characters and i'm pretty much out of them.

I got a ton of Supreme Kais from the Z-Hard of the anniversary All-Color awakening medal section. It was actually super annoying because all but one of my SSRs need Old Kai so I've been selling my Supreme Kais to Baba just to buy Old Kai medals.

Another option is the 20 stam stages of all the dokkan fest levels. The left path is usually Ki+ while the right side is golden capsules, usually purple.

Meneses

I got a ton of Supreme Kais from the Z-Hard of the anniversary All-Color awakening medal section. It was actually super annoying because all but one of my SSRs need Old Kai so I've been selling my Supreme Kais to Baba just to buy Old Kai medals.

Another option is the 20 stam stages of all the dokkan fest levels. The left path is usually Ki+ while the right side is golden capsules, usually purple.

Thanks.

Just did an awakening stage and got one. Gonna try one of those 20 stam stages, I need to try to get Cell anyway.

How the fuck do you defeat Gogeta? I have all the characters with Big Bad Bosses link, I deal like 30k damage if I do a special attack but he did 90k dmg to me in a single blow...I'm I missing a character that causes him to do less damage?

Grinding story mode for stones is a pain. I got 6 chapters to do for hard/Z-hard.

Just be glad you can do em. I farmed all the DS I could, and now gotta wait on special events and login bonuses :(

SnakeEyes

Banned
Nice job, congrats!
It was clutch, I had 5 stones spare to spend on a single. Otherwise I'd have spent another chunk of cash buying the 91 Stones to try for 3 more multisummons. Now I can soend my time farming the Failed Gotenks' and the Dokkan mission for medals.

How the fuck do you defeat Gogeta? I have all the characters with Big Bad Bosses link, I deal like 30k damage if I do a special attack but he did 90k dmg to me in a single blow...I'm I missing a character that causes him to do less damage?

Just be glad you can do em. I farmed all the DS I could, and now gotta wait on special events and login bonuses :(

I am extremely thankful for the 3x exp. That's a grinding lifesaver.

Skii

Yeah I just grinded 150 stones before the free multi deal finished and I got 2 Gogeta dupes from them. And yet there are people who've probably done more than 20 multis who haven't got Gogeta yet. RNG's a bitch.

These single pulls need to come through for me. Good thing is that the event lasts till the 20th. So still have a shot.

I never thought I would be happy with Xeno Trunks and his Dokkan is very far away but man I'm glad I have him lol. Its annoying how I got 3 TEQ Pikkons and 3 AGL Ultimate Gohan. Like come on give me Gogeta!!!!!

chrono01

I've been going over possible Gogeta teams for my run(s) tomorrow (I'm going to finally have time to sit down and grind the thing). I think I'll go with the Gogeta x2 team, as much as it would be interesting trying out the AGL Freeza nuking strategy.

Gogeta/Gogeta
SSG Goku (AGL)
Golden Freeza (AGL)
Majin Vegeta (TEQ)

I'm not sure what to bring for the final two slots. I could take my PHY Kaioken Goku, but he'd be weak against Gogeta. He would help provide links for SSG Goku and Majin Vegeta, though. I could also take STR Beerus and TEQ Whis, who both have Shocking Speed to link with SSG Goku, but won't really help beyond that. Well, I guess maybe there's a chance TEQ Whis could stun for me, but I've had some bad luck with that. :/

Maybe I'll just stick some strong AGL SSR in there and let both Gogeta, SSG Goku, Golden Freeza, and Majin Vegeta do all of the work.

chrono01

Freeza nuke is the way I went. It's so good with Freeza's passive. He blocked 3 attacks with one being a super and I only lost about 4k hp
I keep going back-and-forth. >_<

I can still use AGL Freeza as a blocker on my Gogeta team, but I haven't tried nuking anything yet so it would kind of be interesting to see. Really, all I'd need would be AGL Freeza and SSG Goku. Maybe a few more to provide links with SSG Goku to amplify his power, as well as to help take out Goku/Vegeta before Gogeta. I was thinking of including all of the characters in my roster that provides orb-switching:

PHY Kaioken Goku - STR --> Rainbow
INT Fusion Android #13 - TEQ --> Rainbow
AGL Android #18 (Future) - PHY --> Rainbow
AGL SSJ Trunks (Kid) - Rainbow to AGL, pair him with SSG Goku in the first two slots

I'd still have to deal with INT orbs, but I can always bring TEQ Oolong for that (make sure to use it on the turn Android #13 appears). Or maybe I'll just bring my heaviest hitters and just use items for the whole thing. I'll sleep on it and then decide, no time to try things out now and I don't want to rush it, haha.

Oh, before I forget. If the turn starts and I use an item to turn the INT spheres to TEQ, will Android #13's passive immediately kick in or do the orbs have to be there when the round initially begins? If it's the latter, I'll have to take care of the INT orbs on the round before he comes up.

Ok so I rerolled on my Ipad, got Gogeta in 2nd multipull.

You get 197 for logging in btw and if you expand baba shop you can easily get another 3 stones from missions.

I also pulled Janemba and some more SSRs plus the crappy new SSR you get to pull for free. So 10 SSRs off the bat lol.

I still have time to get more stones and attempt to get Broly. This account will then be set or if I get Majin Vegeta.

Can anyone suggest to me the best team to use against the Gogeta Dokkan event? I've been told to have Gogeta as Leader and Friend, and I was then going to build the rest out of my AGLs, which are as below.

AGL Trunks for ability, AGL Gohan for Super, Kaio Ken Goku for Over in a flash and Gohan SSJ2 for ki+2 for AGLs. SSJ2 Goku good for super as well with his sonic passive.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My last 2 pulls last night continued my shit streak, but I at least got an SSR out of the last one - Android 13. Does that -40% teq damage lead make him particularly good for any specific strikes/events? I'm kind of under the impression that having Gogeta means I'm probably better off just trying to offensively brute force most stuff anyway.

Edit: Here's my box on my new account. Any specific stuff I should aim on tackling with this crop of dudes? Also, should I use my strongest guys (like Buu and Cell) or use weaker Saiyans with better links for Gogeta?

wqpjmXp.png

Ix8404L.png

My last 2 pulls last night continued my shit streak, but I at least got an SSR out of the last one - Android 13. Does that -40% teq damage lead make him particularly good for any specific strikes/events? I'm kind of under the impression that having Gogeta means I'm probably better off just trying to offensively brute force most stuff anyway.

Edit: Here's my box on my new account. Any specific stuff I should aim on tackling with this crop of dudes? Also, should I use my strongest guys (like Buu and Cell) or use weaker Saiyans with better links for Gogeta?

wqpjmXp.png

Ix8404L.png

13's just good to have in a mono team since he's an orb changer. Also used him in my Gogeta team to have AGL Trunks change the rainbow orbs he creates into AGL ones.

thaOwner

I couldn't pass this reroll account up even though I have a very strong primary account with almost every dokkan character except the characters from this banner.

Z2FiX9N.jpg

StMeph

Here's my box on my new account. Any specific stuff I should aim on tackling with this crop of dudes? Also, should I use my strongest guys (like Buu and Cell) or use weaker Saiyans with better links for Gogeta?

The team you build is going to depend on the content you're doing. I would suggest that you prioritize dokkaning Gogeta and Cell, but after that I would farm Super Strike relevant characters now while we have 2x drop rates.

For Gogeta, focus on using your Gogeta and friend Gogeta to do most of the damage. Load up on AGI everywhere else to help block. I don't see any stuns, and wouldn't risk using PHY Bardock.

Your priorities for Strike farming should be:

- Android 16
- King Vegeta
- Jackie Chun
- Cyborg Tao
- King Cold
- Mecha Frieza (new PHY version not in game yet)
- Mighty Mask​

At minimum, get them to SA 10. If you want to be really prepared, farm another one at SA 5. And remember to focus on getting UR medals during the WT, because they use WT medals to dokkan awaken.

After all that I would just grind quests to raise overall Rank for more stamina.

I couldn't pass this reroll account up even though I have a very strong primary account with almost every dokkan character except the characters from this banner.

That's a pretty great box to start/reroll with. I missed out on PHY Gotenks and still really want him.

thaOwner

The team you build is going to depend on the content you're doing. I would suggest that you prioritize dokkaning Gogeta and Cell, but after that I would farm Super Strike relevant characters now while we have 2x drop rates.

For Gogeta, focus on using your Gogeta and friend Gogeta to do most of the damage. Load up on AGI everywhere else to help block. I don't see any stuns, and wouldn't risk using PHY Bardock.

Your priorities for Strike farming should be:

- Android 16
- King Vegeta
- Jackie Chun
- Cyborg Tao
- King Cold
- Mecha Frieza (new PHY version not in game yet)
- Mighty Mask​

At minimum, get them to SA 10. If you want to be really prepared, farm another one at SA 5. And remember to focus on getting UR medals during the WT, because they use WT medals to dokkan awaken.

After all that I would just grind quests to raise overall Rank for more stamina.

That's a pretty great box to start/reroll with. I missed out on PHY Gotenks and still really want him.

Gotenks compliments Gogets very nicely. Hopefully you pull him along the line.

StMeph

Gotenks compliments Gogets very nicely. Hopefully you pull him along the line.

I have FP Frieza and enough OIAF links to probably not use Gotenks now, but I want him for the future once Super Vegito drops because they go so well together.

My most wanted cards right now are probably:
1. PHY Gotenks
2. TEQ SSB Goku
3. AGI Gotenks
4. STR Broly
5. AGI SSG Goku

Savitar

I had given up on the game after the last tournament, mostly because you know wasted way too much cash which had been getting to me. Even with this whole thing going on I didn't really try to get Gogeta until heard hey free stones, get a bunch of pulls.

sigh

You know what happened don't you?

Welp. I didn't get Gogeta but got the following:

3 X STR SSR God Goku
AGI SSR Golden Frizea
AGI SSRUltimate Gohan
STR SSR Goten
INT SSR Trunks
3 X TEQ SSR Pikachu I mean Pikko

Last night was feeling shitty so decided to give it one more shot.

Super Gogeta GET

sigh

I asked for this.

flak57

I keep going back-and-forth. >_<

I can still use AGL Freeza as a blocker on my Gogeta team, but I haven't tried nuking anything yet so it would kind of be interesting to see. Really, all I'd need would be AGL Freeza and SSG Goku. Maybe a few more to provide links with SSG Goku to amplify his power, as well as to help take out Goku/Vegeta before Gogeta. I was thinking of including all of the characters in my roster that provides orb-switching:

PHY Kaioken Goku - STR --> Rainbow
INT Fusion Android #13 - TEQ --> Rainbow
AGL Android #18 (Future) - PHY --> Rainbow
AGL SSJ Trunks (Kid) - Rainbow to AGL, pair him with SSG Goku in the first two slots

I'd still have to deal with INT orbs, but I can always bring TEQ Oolong for that (make sure to use it on the turn Android #13 appears). Or maybe I'll just bring my heaviest hitters and just use items for the whole thing. I'll sleep on it and then decide, no time to try things out now and I don't want to rush it, haha.

Oh, before I forget. If the turn starts and I use an item to turn the INT spheres to TEQ, will Android #13's passive immediately kick in or do the orbs have to be there when the round initially begins? If it's the latter, I'll have to take care of the INT orbs on the round before he comes up.

Orb changing passives activate once at beginning of turns left to right, so you won't get perfect nukes with that strategy. Price to pay for having the item slots free unfortunately.

Btw, 18 changes phy to agl

StMeph

I had given up on the game after the last tournament, mostly because you know wasted way too much cash which had been getting to me. Even with this whole thing going on I didn't really try to get Gogeta until heard hey free stones, get a bunch of pulls.

sigh

I asked for this.

Was wondering where you were. We have the same problem.

StMeph

Super Gogeta is only broken because he has the best leader skill (thus far in Global) that applies to every type, with a great passive and the best ki links. He's a card that goes to 11.

Super Vegito is broken because he literally breaks the game.

Super Gogeta is only broken because he has the best leader skill (thus far in Global) that applies to every type, with a great passive and the best ki links. He's a card that goes to 11.

Super Vegito is broken because he literally breaks the game.

Saw on the dokkan reddit that someone took an Super Vegito leader with a whole bunch of agl SR and R against Broly and pretty much destroyed Broly lol.

Can anyone suggest to me the best team to use against the Gogeta Dokkan event? I've been told to have Gogeta as Leader and Friend, and I was then going to build the rest out of my AGLs, which are as below.

I ran it using the following team:

STR Super Gogeta Leader
AGL Ultimate Gohan - Strong SA
AGL SSJ2 Gohan (Youth) - Passive gives +2 KI to AGI and STR
INT General Blue - Stunner (Just in case)
AGL Golden Frieza - Tanker
AGL SSG SS Vegeta - SA gives +60% ATK and DEF
STR Super Gogeta (Friend)

Items:
Senzu Bean
Dende
Ghost Usher
King Yemma

You can easily do it without General Blue and Golden Frieza. You got AGL SSG SS Goku and Kaioken Goku.

I have also done with event with my mono STR team.

Meneses

Man, I still feel empty inside for not pulling Gogeta even though I got a bunch of really decent pulls (despite the last 3 multis giving zero SSRs) like new Gohan and Gotenks, PHY SSG Vegeta, SS3 Vegeta, PHY SS Goku and a couple more SS Gohans...

On the bright side, a bunch of my crappy SRs went up to SA 5 or 6 from all the dupes!!
lol

Now the struggle will be trying to save stones for the tournament and not spend them all on single pulls trying to chase Gogeta or Broly....

Tamanon

Banned
Finally got a Kai medal to awaken my Janemba so I could Dokkan him. Already had the 10 medals, just needed the first awakening! That's TUR #2. He'll be awesome during the Bosses events.

chrono01

Orb changing passives activate once at beginning of turns left to right, so you won't get perfect nukes with that strategy. Price to pay for having the item slots free unfortunately.

Btw, 18 changes phy to agl
Thanks for the confirmation! I'm going to go ahead with my Gogeta team and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom