• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
General set up is dual gogetas + 4 agl to block with. Carry sensu, dende, ghost usher, and king yemma. On the turn you can't block all attack and know you will die, you use ghost usher. Sensu bean and dende is for turns where you can tank all his hits. King yemma is for the turns where he supers.

StMeph

I blocked him with STR because my other guys were TEQ and INT. Unless I should build a team of only AGL, but I only have one or maybe two AGL with the BBB link skill.

The relevant link isn't as important this time around. It deals extra damage, but your priority should be survival anyway. Get it where you can, but it's less relevant than loading up on AGI. If you're using Gogeta as your leader just fill the rest up with AGI. Deal damage where possible, but at least you won't get OHKO.

Basically follow Unknown One's outline:

General set up is dual gogetas + 4 agl to block with. Carry sensu, dende, ghost usher, and king yemma. On the turn you can't block all attack and know you will die, you use ghost usher. Sensu bean and dende is for turns where you can tank all his hits. King yemma is for the turns where he supers.

You don't really need that link though, it's just bonus damage. You can practically let Gogeta do majority of the damages.

The relevant link isn't as important this time around. It deals extra damage, but your priority should be survival anyway. Get it where you can, but it's less relevant than loading up on AGI. If you're using Gogeta as your leader just fill the rest up with AGI. Deal damage where possible, but at least you won't get OHKO.

Basically follow Unknown One's outline:

I haven't gotten Gogeta yet. I'm trying to get medals so in the off chance I do get him, I can awaken him.

What would be a good substitute for Gogeta?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's a shame I don't have like a single decent AGL unit. I don't really have the right makeup to be trying to get Gogeta medals right now.

I might still give Cell a try, though. I can at least put Android 13 in my team to block a hit and Bardock's seal might let me survive long enough to kill him with Gogeta lead/friend.

Maxim726X

AGL Golden Frieza makes the battle really easy.

That's an understatement.

I still get wrecked more often that not, and usually take a lot of damage on the first part of the stage, too.

Even with dual AGL Golden Frieza+ AGL SSG Goku (with SA10) AND orb changing items, I still have to use a stone to beat him.

chrono01

Speaking of Gogeta, I could use more Gogeta friends. I'm currently grinding the medals to Dokkan awaken him, so having so few Gogeta friends on my list is frustrating. I should have fim awakened in the next day or two. Feel free to add me!

ID: 1146868671

StMeph

I haven't gotten Gogeta yet. I'm trying to get medals so in the off chance I do get him, I can awaken him.

What would be a good substitute for Gogeta?

As a festival exclusive character, you can't pull Gogeta outside of dokkan festivals where he's featured as part of the banner, like Broly, PHY Buu, TEQ Cell, and AGI SSJ3 Goku, so Gogeta's event should be up when he's available. I don't think you can be locked out of dokkaning him if you pull him unless you're unable to complete the event. If you do pull him, then you'll have one of the best leaders to try to take the event down with.

The closest direct substitue for Gogeta would be AGI SSJ3 Goku, but there would be some trouble taking out TEQ Vegeta in the first phase. TEQ SSB Goku or AGI Golden Frieza nuke teams should also be able to easily do it.

It's a shame I don't have like a single decent AGL unit. I don't really have the right makeup to be trying to get Gogeta medals right now.

I might still give Cell a try, though. I can at least put Android 13 in my team to block a hit and Bardock's seal might let me survive long enough to kill him with Gogeta lead/friend.

If you can complete Cell's dokkan and you have a few extra Kais to raise his SA you can nuke Gogeta just as easily with Cell + friend SSB Goku.

EDIT:
Speaking of Gogeta, I could use more Gogeta friends. I'm currently grinding the medals to Dokkan awaken him, so having so few Gogeta friends on my list is frustrating. I should have fim awakened in the next day or two. Feel free to add me!

ID: 1146868671

Added you. I can put AGI Frieza up instead if needed.

That's an understatement.

I still get wrecked more often that not, and usually take a lot of damage on the first part of the stage, too.

Even with dual AGL Golden Frieza+ AGL SSG Goku (with SA10) AND orb changing items, I still have to use a stone to beat him.

Dual Gogeta + 4 Agl, I had to use a stone sometimes to beat him as well.

My friend with a Golden Frieza +friend and 5 agl destroyed Gogeta.

I'll add you in a bit. It'll be a guy named Poco

chrono01

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I've tried 2x Golden Freeza, but I think I prefer the 2x Gogeta route. It's just faster to me, even if I do need to use a few more items and/or (sometimes) a stone to continue (depending on orb luck).

I'm looking forward to finishing him off. I've been waiting all weekend so I could return and get it done.

Wazzy

Banned
I started playing a little bit again for Gogeta event(I was basically just logging in and not playing) and I have so many SSR's but not a lot of team space to use them lol

I wasn't able to get Gogeta who I really wanted but I did get God Goku, Picon, AGL Frieza and a lot of cool SR's like Vegeta, Bardock and Gohan. Right now my team is:

Leader UR SSJGodGoku
UR Ultimate Gohan
STR SSJ2 Teen Gohan
GodGoku
AGL Bardock SR

I'm trying to figure out which SSR to throw in when I have enough room to. My list of SSR's are:
Kid Buu
Golden Frieza
Cell
Majin Vegeta
Picon
Kaioken Goku
Spirit bomb Goku(free one)
Teq Goku(free)
Evil Buu
Bojack SR
Piccolo PSY
Trunks xeno PSY
Vegeta PSY
Frieza TEQ
Golden Frieza AGL

Any recommendations on units?

StMeph

I started playing a little bit again for Gogeta event(I was basically just logging in and not playing) and I have so many SSR's but not a lot of team space to use them lol

I wasn't able to get Gogeta who I really wanted but I did get God Goku, Picon, AGL Frieza and a lot of cool SR's like Vegeta, Bardock and Gohan.

Noooooo Wazzy. Aren't you king of RNG?

As a festival exclusive character, you can't pull Gogeta outside of dokkan festivals where he's featured as part of the banner, like Broly, PHY Buu, TEQ Cell, and AGI SSJ3 Goku, so Gogeta's event should be up when he's available. I don't think you can be locked out of dokkaning him if you pull him unless you're unable to complete the event. If you do pull him, then you'll have one of the best leaders to try to take the event down with.

The closest direct substitue for Gogeta would be AGI SSJ3 Goku, but there would be some trouble taking out TEQ Vegeta in the first phase. TEQ SSB Goku or AGI Golden Frieza nuke teams should also be able to easily do it.

If you can complete Cell's dokkan and you have a few extra Kais to raise his SA you can nuke Gogeta just as easily with Cell + friend SSB Goku.

EDIT:

I know he is. I just figured might as well use my stamina and get medals instead of having it full and be wasted. But that plan failed since I don't have any good characters to use against Gogeta

Maxim726X

Actually... This worked out really well. Honestly thought I'd had to go all AGL for his fight, but clearly not the case. Thanks!

chrono01

Gogeta Dokkan Awakened! I did it all in one day, I only needed to use a few Dragon Stones too (I kept ranking up).

Now to focus on doing the same for Broly. I should still have enough time, and with my Gogeta team, it shouldn't be a problem grinding out those tokens. :)

Tamanon

Banned
Man, it doesn't matter how good your units are if you don't have stuff to counter Broly's Rampage. He will chew you up. Only have 2 units with Blazing Battle, and really going to need that Mighty Mask event.

Also, are we sure Pikkon's droprate has increased? I'm 0/10 on Z-hard on him:(

Man, it doesn't matter how good your units are if you don't have stuff to counter Broly's Rampage. He will chew you up. Only have 2 units with Blazing Battle, and really going to need that Mighty Mask event.

Also, are we sure Pikkon's droprate has increased? I'm 0/10 on Z-hard on him:(

Is mighty mask that effective against broly? Like, I know he has the link skill, but I used him before and he didn't seem to do much good :/

chrono01

Question about Broly:

I've read that he attacks once every two turns. If I have AGL SSJ Trunks (Kid), who has a passive that disables Rampage, couldn't I just make sure that he appears on every second turn and stack the rest of my team with whatever? I could use Ghost Usher/Yenma to reduce damage until I get everything sync'd up. Unless it doesn't work that way, I've yet to face him personally.

Question about Broly:

I've read that he attacks once every two turns. If I have AGL SSJ Trunks (Kid), who has a passive that disables Rampage, couldn't I just make sure that he appears on every second turn and stack the rest of my team with whatever? I could use Ghost Usher/Yenma to reduce damage until I get everything sync'd up. Unless it doesn't work that way, I've yet to face him personally.

Yeah, he alternates. So you can have an attack team and a blocking team that alternate, basically. And I haven't fought him since the first time the event was out, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't attack the first 2 turns of the fight which give you time to get set up.

chrono01

Yeah, he alternates. So you can have an attack team and a blocking team that alternate, basically. And I haven't fought him since the first time the event was out, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't attack the first 2 turns of the fight which give you time to get set up.
Nice, thanks man!

StMeph

How far off are we from the Gohan event?

I got PHY and AGI of his to dokkan now.

Since we got FP Frieza earlier than scheduled, people on Reddit are expecting Ult Gohan to be the next event, but I don't know if that's about a month from now, or a month after the WT ends, because that's at the end of July. Sometime in August is probably a fair guess.

After that for JP it was the Heroes event with new levels and medals to rebirth INT Gohan and INT Trunks, then new story chapters with Baba Treasure/gems, then GT story, then Villains for Majin Vegeta and PHY Buu, then SSJ3 Vegeta festival.

chrono01

Holy hell, Broly is a joke. I just make sure AGL Trunks is there on the third/fifth/etc. turn to disable Rampage, while the rest of my team just demolishes him. If I get an Attack All Super, I just pop a Yenma and tank it. I can kill him in around 3-4 turns, so I should have all of my medals in a day or two!

Saving every single stone from after this dokkan fest, to Vegito
Same here. I'll just grind Tournaments Tickets while I wait, for those guaranteed SSR. I waited something like...6+ months for Gogeta, I can do the same for Vegito.

Come on Wazzy, pull Vegito in your first single pull of the banner!

StMeph

Saving every single stone from after this dokkan fest, to Vegito

Yeah, that's probably the best strategy going forward. The only ones worth mentioning coming up are:

- STR SSJ3 Vegeta
- STR SSJ3 Goku (GT)
- INT Baby Vegeta 2
- INT SSG Goku​

That's... it. And then Super Vegito/PHY Broly completely wreck OIAF links.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Holy hell, Broly is a joke. I just make sure AGL Trunks is there on the third/fifth/etc. turn to disable Rampage, while the rest of my team just demolishes him. If I get an Attack All Super, I just pop a Yenma and tank it. I can kill him in around 3-4 turns, so I should have all of my medals in a day or two!
He's easy with some of the best options for the fight?

chrono01

He's easy with some of the best options for the fight?
Yes, that probably contributes to it. I know it's easy for me to call the fight easy, but it probably would have been a different story had I fought him when he was released. I guess that goes for all current and upcoming Dokkan bosses, with the difficulty in each constantly shifting.

Even still, I thought he'd be more difficult than he was, I guess I overestimated him (again, my team probably has a lot to do with that).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah, that's probably the best strategy going forward. The only ones worth mentioning coming up are:

- STR SSJ3 Vegeta
- STR SSJ3 Goku (GT)
- INT Baby Vegeta 2
- INT SSG Goku​

That's... it. And then Super Vegito/PHY Broly completely wreck OIAF links.

Yeah and I plan on saving all my tickets until those nukers come out.

Only other cards that seem ok are SSJ2 GT Goku and SSJ2 Saiyaman. But I'm fine without them honestly.

Besides, it should be another do 3 multi get one free deal. Stones go way further that way. Shouldn't be too long from now either, it's only the fourth dokkan fest from now.

Meneses

I beat Broly for the first time this weekend and while it was kinda lengthy, my AGL kid Trunks was the MVP with his passive. A friend Gogeta was my main hitter, and I had new AGL Gohan to help with that but I think most of my team were neutral colours with the Link to disable rampage, so they hit very lightly.

I could probably make it faster by getting some more powerful characters and not using so many Link ones but i'm always bad at placing characters correctly so I just played it safe.

Also, regarding the Strikes, which characters should I be focusing on grinding SA? And is it worth grinding SR Cell and getting the medals, or should I just focus on Strikes since the drop rate is higher?

StMeph

but i'm always bad at placing characters correctly so I just played it safe.

What do you mean by this? The first two characters -- from left to right -- always reappear in 2 turns. The third/far-right character always returns in 3.

Also, regarding the Strikes, which characters should I be focusing on grinding SA? And is it worth grinding SR Cell and getting the medals, or should I just focus on Strikes since the drop rate is higher?

Posted this on the last page. LR Goku is TEQ, so you're going to ignore AGI and try to load up on INT. The rest are for damage, stuns, or links.

Your priorities for Strike farming should be:

- Android 16
- King Vegeta
- Jackie Chun
- Cyborg Tao
- King Cold
- Mecha Frieza (new PHY version not in game yet)
- Mighty Mask​

At minimum, get them to SA 10. If you want to be really prepared, farm another one at SA 5. And remember to focus on getting UR medals during the WT, because they use WT medals to dokkan awaken.

That's 7 listed rather than 6 because Mighty Mask is kind of up to preference for inclusion. People have successfully farmed it in JP using those units.

Meneses

What do you mean by this? The first two characters -- from left to right -- always reappear in 2 turns. The third/far-right character always returns in 3.

What I meant is that as the fight goes on, I often get distracted and forget about placing them correctly and then I realize "I screwed up, oops" lol

Posted this on the last page. LR Goku is TEQ, so you're going to ignore AGI and try to load up on INT. The rest are for damage, stuns, or links.

Thanks! Don't know how I missed that on the last page, must have been my Gogeta-less tears blocking my view :p

Could I get a little help? I haven't played this properly for a while and started getting back into it. I need pointers on building my team and what content to prioritize.

So first, here's my UR's or character than can become UR's at least.

AGL Golden Frieza
AGL SSJ Goku
AGL Gotenks
TEQ Perfect Cell
TEQ SSJ Goku
INT SSJ Teen Trunks
INT Vegeta (exerted ability)
INT Perfect Cell
INT Turles
PHY SSJ2 Gohan Teen
PHY Ultimate Gohan

Until logging back in a week or so ago I only had 1 UR so the game has been very kind to me, however I have no idea how to arrange or use this. What would you guys suggest as a team structure from that? Right now I'm using Ultimate Gohan as leader with Golden Frieza, SSJ Trunks and TEQ Perfect Cell. Grinding to get more slot space too. Also what content should I work on once I can hold a full 6 slots of UR's?

StMeph

Could I get a little help? I haven't played this properly for a while and started getting back into it. I need pointers on building my team and what content to prioritize.

Until logging back in a week or so ago I only had 1 UR so the game has been very kind to me, however I have no idea how to arrange or use this. What would you guys suggest as a team structure from that? Right now I'm using Ultimate Gohan as leader with Golden Frieza, SSJ Trunks and TEQ Perfect Cell. Grinding to get more slot space too. Also what content should I work on once I can hold a full 6 slots of UR's?

Do quest missions for now. There's 3x Rank XP which will level you quickly and should boost your total team cost fairly rapidly as well.

You can/should also grind 10-15 King Cold.

For a generic-use team you can do a mixed Shocking Speed-Prepared for Battle. Rainbow's pretty overrated. I wouldn't worry too much about it and prioritize ki links and worry about color spread later.

Aside from that, Golden Frieza enables an AGI nuke team, and TEQ Cell can do TEQ nuke with a friend SSB Goku after you dokkan him and raise his SA a bit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What is "SSB?" Is that the shorthand for the blue-haired Super Saiyan gods?

StMeph

What is "SSB?" Is that the shorthand for the blue-haired Super Saiyan gods?

DB Super introduced it, because Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is a long name, and SSGSS a long acronym. Whis suggests calling the new state Super Saiyan Blue, so even though the in-game cards still use SSGSS, SSB has become a more common shorthand.

Anoregon

Right on, that makes sense.

Also what makes the strike King Cold worthwhile? Or do you farm a bunch of him to feed to others for SA raises?

StMeph

Also what makes the strike King Cold worthwhile? Or do you farm a bunch of him to feed to others for SA raises?

The LR Goku event only allows you to take Super Strike characters. Super Strikes are coming SoonTM and basically allow you to awaken some current strike SRs -- like King Cold -- to SSRs, and it also increases their SA cap to 15 from 10.

The only thing to note for Super Strikes is that they are also restricted. You can only have a max team cost of 100, including the friend leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom