• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTYH

Things are going well with my rerolled Gogeta account. Did another 50-stone Janemba pull, got SSR STR Goten. Never had that card before. Leader skill +5% atk for ever ki sphere, and passive changes all PHY to Rainbow orbs, and helps with Broly by disabling rampage. Beast of a card, good pull as I rebuild the roster.

Things are going well with my rerolled Gogeta account. Did another 50-stone Janemba pull, got SSR STR Goten. Never had that card before. Leader skill +5% atk for ever ki sphere, and passive changes all PHY to Rainbow orbs, and helps with Broly by disabling rampage. Beast of a card, good pull as I rebuild the roster.

What's the process for rerolling? I'm debating doing the same since I really want that Gogeta having used him in my friends list a lot now. I've managed to pick up about half of the other characters from the banner but the main one continues to elude me, and now I've not really got many more stones left to collect and probably won't squeeze in another multipull.

StMeph

Playing around with some damage calculators, SA 10 Gogeta does a lot of damage.

STR Goku - Great Brilliance is kind of overrated as a nuker despite the monstrous +15% per orb bonus. Without exploiting type bonus, even at SA 10, it NEVER out-nukes SA 10 Gogeta assuming both use a full 23-ki orb board and nuke leads. Against PHY, Goku needs SA 4+ to out-damage Gogeta, so it's really only good when nuking PHY, and it definitely needs its SA raised through the free TEQ Gokus to be useful.

On a separate note, post-Dokkan INT Vegito is basically identical to TEQ Cell in nuke output. Both cards get +12% per orb as passive, but Vegito's 145% 12-ki bonus makes up for the missing 400 in base damage compared to Cell. The damage output is functionally the same. Cell has slightly higher potential if you can activate more villain links.

These are the characters I have:
ak4Opq7.jpg

I can post more if you need, but would any of these guys be able to defeat Broly, Cell, Buu, or Gogeta?

StMeph

I can post more if you need, but would any of these guys be able to defeat Broly, Cell, Buu, or Gogeta?

With WT coming up, I would definitely prioritize dokkaning Broly over/before Buu or Cell (and probably do it in that order). Looking at your box, you have enough AGI and a few cards that disable Rampage, so that should be more than doable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/raidboss_broly

https://dbz.space/links/01000-blazing-battle

MiTYH

What's the process for rerolling? I'm debating doing the same since I really want that Gogeta having used him in my friends list a lot now. I've managed to pick up about half of the other characters from the banner but the main one continues to elude me, and now I've not really got many more stones left to collect and probably won't squeeze in another multipull.

Shame you didn't ask earlier, having enough for 3 50-pulls and a free one over the weekend was king for rerolling!

There are better ways to do it out there with modified versions of the game so you can skip the whole intro and basically pull, don't like it, reset, etc. Involves bluestacks (program to dl). There are guides out there.

I do it old fashioned since i have 2 devices and a lot of time. Save you main account's info (unless you don't care anymore), then delete the game. Download it again, start from scratch. Play through opening. Like it, keep it, if not, restart.

chrono01

Re-rolling is essentially deleting the game, re-installing, doing your first set of pull(s) for a specific character (or characters), and repeating the process until you get what you want. If you get something you're not sure if you want to settle on or not, issue a transfer passcode and keep it safe in case you want to return to it later (it should also be done for your primary account, if you want to go back to it if you fail at your re-rolls). You'll need a second device to use the transfer passcode on (since it can't be used on the same device that issued it), but you can always use an emulator if you need to. Then you issue another transfer passcode, and use that one on your primary device.

You missed the best chance for re-rolling, with the 30/50/50 + free multi-summon on the Dokkanfest banner. Still, with all of the free Dragon Stones we're receiving right now, it's still a decent time to try for something in-particular (if you're interested in that).

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you! Gogeta is definitely a powerful character to have, and even with other upcoming characters (such as Vegito), he's still useful as his stats and links work very well with them.

Yeah, definitely work on Broly as quickly as possible. Gogeta might be out of your league right now, but you could probably handle TEQ Cell, if you want to do the stun strategy (with INT Turles and any other stun characters you have).

That being said, go for Broly! The upcoming WT has a bunch of really useful rewards (tickets, 2x SSR, etc.), and having a Dokkan'd Broly, as well as characters to provide him +Ki support, is a life-saver.

Thanks guys, I've opted for rerolling for sure now since I have another device I can backup my other account on anyway. Decided to go the route of using an emulator to reroll so it should be fairly speedy, you're right though I should have done this a few days ago really. Unfortunately Bluestacks was giving me hassle (folder needed for automated reroll missing, game eventually becoming unable to launch even redownloaded with a cleared cache etc) so I've opted for Droid4x now. Hopefully this one works for me, if not I'll probably just reroll whenever the next monster of a card is released.

Savitar

Since we got FP Frieza earlier than scheduled, people on Reddit are expecting Ult Gohan to be the next event, but I don't know if that's about a month from now, or a month after the WT ends, because that's at the end of July. Sometime in August is probably a fair guess.

After that for JP it was the Heroes event with new levels and medals to rebirth INT Gohan and INT Trunks, then new story chapters with Baba Treasure/gems, then GT story, then Villains for Majin Vegeta and PHY Buu, then SSJ3 Vegeta festival.

Ah excellent thanks.

I'm actually a bit surprised how many Gogeta's I'm seeing on my friends list, I knew a fair amount of people would end up with him but it's more than I remember Broly receiving when he first came out. What was the drop rate on him again?

StMeph

Ah excellent thanks.

I'm actually a bit surprised how many Gogeta's I'm seeing on my friends list, I knew a fair amount of people would end up with him but it's more than I remember Broly receiving when he first came out. What was the drop rate on him again?

About 0.45%. http://www.dbzdokkanstats.com/gachas/112/

I think when Broly debuted he was at 0.25-0.3%, and people saved/bought/spent proportionally way more stones for Gogeta.

omg...I beat him. One down 1billion to go!

edit: omg 2! I don't say this enough, but, I love you GAF <3!

Edit edit: I was like 100k dmg from killing him and forgot to use a senzu bean :(. luckily since I beat him and cleared the stage I got 1 DS, definity worth using it lol

Been less than a week since I rerolled and my rank is over 100. Thank you triple xp.

Nice. I haven't done the story anymore, been focusing on dying to broly, so my rank is only 118 and I've been playing this for a really, really long time. Maybe I should have participated in x3 xp lol

flak57

Playing around with some damage calculators, SA 10 Gogeta does a lot of damage.

STR Goku - Great Brilliance is kind of overrated as a nuker despite the monstrous +15% per orb bonus. Without exploiting type bonus, even at SA 10, it NEVER out-nukes SA 10 Gogeta assuming both use a full 23-ki orb board and nuke leads. Against PHY, Goku needs SA 4+ to out-damage Gogeta, so it's really only good when nuking PHY, and it definitely needs its SA raised through the free TEQ Gokus to be useful.

On a separate note, post-Dokkan INT Vegito is basically identical to TEQ Cell in nuke output. Both cards get +12% per orb as passive, but Vegito's 145% 12-ki bonus makes up for the missing 400 in base damage compared to Cell. The damage output is functionally the same. Cell has slightly higher potential if you can activate more villain links.

Str nuke leads?

Edit: Just found that Japan has one in SS3 GT Goku, if that's what you're talking about

Thanks guys, I've opted for rerolling for sure now since I have another device I can backup my other account on anyway. Decided to go the route of using an emulator to reroll so it should be fairly speedy, you're right though I should have done this a few days ago really. Unfortunately Bluestacks was giving me hassle (folder needed for automated reroll missing, game eventually becoming unable to launch even redownloaded with a cleared cache etc) so I've opted for Droid4x now. Hopefully this one works for me, if not I'll probably just reroll whenever the next monster of a card is released.

If you don't want to bother with rerolling, you can have one of these accounts I got while rerolling for shits and giggles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Obtzyl_XNiT3dMakJSWEMzTjA/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Obtzyl_XNiT1lycmNJOEwyNjg/view

SnakeEyes

Banned
So SSJ3 Goku STR has a twice lower drop rate than Gogeta and I got him two times but no Gogeta. RNG is horrible :""")
STR SS3 Goku was my bugbear-SSR - got him once and managed to get him to TUR with Max SA. Then proceeded to get him again TWICE in the last 2 WTs. He became Baba points.

linkent

Reread my post; I'd already gotten him to TUR with max SA. There was literally no use for him anymore...
You may get the AGI SSJ3 Goku in the future and raise his SA tho :p.

Feel like feeding my old Kai to him too but Feeding another element unit like FF Frieza seems better as i already have Gogeta as the STR hard hitter.

This upcoming tournament gonna be difficult.
Lots of people will be grinding hard.

chrono01

This is why I'm focusing on getting my Broly team ready as quickly as possible. I just pulled him a few days ago and have enough medals to Dokkan him. I just need to get my Ki support (+2 Ki to STR/All) ready, and I'll be set!

First Tournament with the means to actually use Broly (I could use friends before, but I didn't have my Ki support ready). I can't wait.

I'll be grinding hard to get the GSSR ticket and possibly stay around 5-10k range. No Broly, but got my Gogeta team ready and my player rank ready.

chrono01

I'll be grinding hard to get the GSSR ticket and possibly stay around 5-10k range. No Broly, but got my Gogeta team ready and my player rank ready.
Are we friends yet? I'll have my Broly up for the tournament, if you want to make use of him. I have my Dokkan'd Gogeta up now. Feel free to send me a request if you want!

Just let me know if you send the invite. I'm currently being flooded with friend requests, haha.

linkent

Using Broly lead(instead of Gogeta) is actually better for point gain, as you should only use your other member to block and do nonlethal dmg to enemy and shoot Broly SA as much as possible.

At least till Majin Vegeta is out, people with both GoBro should use Broly lead instead of Gogeta.

chrono01

Using Broly lead(instead of Gogeta) is actually better for point gain, as you should only use your other member to block and do nonlethal dmg to enemy and shoot Broly SA as much as possible.

At least till Majin Vegeta is out, people with both GoBro should use Broly lead instead of Gogeta.
Yep, exactly why I'm choosing to lead with him myself (well, aside from helping out people on my Friend List who don't have him). Not just that, by running with Gogeta as leader you're losing one spot in your roster where you can put another Ki support for Broly.

Now, when Majin Vegeta gets his rebirth...it'll be too tempting not to run Gogeta as leader with an "Over in a Flash" team composition with Majin Vegeta mixed in there. Apologies in advance, to everyone who doesn't have either of the two by then. :(

Edit:

The Reddit "Japan SSR tier-list" has been updated with the new cards. No surprise to see Super Vegito join the ranks of Super Gogeta.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/ssr_tier

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I figured putting Broly up as a leader will be like shining the bat signal in the sky. All the other Broly leaders will come out of the woodwork, friend request me and that's how I'll build up my Broly-filled friend list.

Right now my friend list is 80% Gogeta, 15% Broly and 5% AGL Golden Frieza. Rarely anyone has Broly up as leader right now.

I am not ashamed to say my friendlist is 99% Awakened Gogetas. I will eventually weed out the ones with low super attack levels to make room for other characters.

SnakeEyes

Banned
You may get the AGI SSJ3 Goku in the future and raise his SA tho :p.

Feel like feeding my old Kai to him too but Feeding another element unit like FF Frieza seems better as i already have Gogeta as the STR hard hitter.

Nah man, I wouldn't bother for that on only a chance to up it. I'd sell him for Baba points, and use Kais to level his SA up (but I don't have him yet, so not bothered.)

linkent

I wonder do we get the more points for team full of TUR?
or no different with TUR+UR?

Seem nice to have Full ki support for Broly now.
Broly+(PhyBro, AgiRoshi, TeqGFrieza, TeqSSJ2Goku,TeqSSJGTrunks)
lacking INT but that doesnt matter.

Just need 1 more attack all unit to make Tournaments a total breeze. Right now there is Broly, Majin Vegeta and Xeno Trunks in JP + a friend unit of any of those 3. So in total you can make sure you super in either rotation especially in the prelims where your 2nd rotation is forced to come out when fighting the 2nd opponent. Most people only have 1 or maybe 2 units though.

StMeph

I am not ashamed to say my friendlist is 99% Awakened Gogetas. I will eventually weed out the ones with low super attack levels to make room for other characters.

I was doing that on the first day of Gogeta frenzy. Gogetas with SA < 5 were getting cut.

The problem is keeping some nuke leader friends because no one's leaving their nuke up, and we can't leave notes, so I have no idea who they are anymore.

Just need 1 more attack all unit to make Tournaments a total breeze. Right now there is Broly, Majin Vegeta and Xeno Trunks in JP + a friend unit of any of those 3. So in total you can make sure you super in either rotation especially in the prelims where your 2nd rotation is forced to come out when fighting the 2nd opponent. Most people only have 1 or maybe 2 units though.

It's possible they'll still make/rebirth one for INT and AGI.

I don't have Broly, but I do have Majin Vegeta and Xeno Trunks, so it's a long wait for me to finally get attack-all Supers. It mostly just means that I haven't bothered grinding WTs yet, but the upcoming one is too good not to get to 80 wins.

If you don't want to bother with rerolling, you can have one of these accounts I got while rerolling for shits and giggles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Obtzyl_XNiT3dMakJSWEMzTjA/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Obtzyl_XNiT1lycmNJOEwyNjg/view

Seriously? Is there any chance I could still get one of them? I spent all last night fighting with Bluestacks and Droidx4 and got nowhere in the end. I don't know why but it seems to hate me, neither works on my W10 system and on my W7 system my graphics adapter keeps crashing.

StMeph

The Reddit JP tier list has been updated and reorganized.

A new GOD tier with only Super Vegito and Super Gogeta was created, so there's some movement between the Z and SS tiers. The rest should be more or less the same as before.

I grind faster than my friend that has broly. He's not a necessity

Then I am pretty sure he's doing it wrong.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
He concerned about wasting stam and stones when I really don't care. I almost always get a Broly friend and always super.

That may change now with Gogeta though

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
He concerned about wasting stam and stones when I really don't care. I almost always get a Broly friend and always super.

That may change now with Gogeta though
So he's not actually grinding? Or by you are faster, you mean he reaches 80 on last few hours and is efficient.

StMeph

Even if you always find a friend Broly, simply having two Brolys increases the likelihood of always being able to super on your first round without waiting for Broly to rotate in. And it allows you to have a Broly every round during Prelims rather than wait every other round.

There's no way that 1x Broly is faster than 2x Broly, so while I am not disputing that you might grind faster than your friend, he's 100% doing it wrong, or the comparison is not equal in some other regard.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh I know that. If you have 2 Broly at worst he shows up turn 2. I'm just saying that the grind is not bad with just one, not as bad as people seem to make it out to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom