• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Having Broly makes it easier to watch television while doing the tournament. Fire off his super and look up at the tv. Firing off the supers of multiple characters and watching their animation definitely adds to the length of time a win can take. I do not miss it.

Seriously? Is there any chance I could still get one of them? I spent all last night fighting with Bluestacks and Droidx4 and got nowhere in the end. I don't know why but it seems to hate me, neither works on my W10 system and on my W7 system my graphics adapter keeps crashing.

Pick one and pm me the link.

Face Broling the tournament gets so tedious. I'll probably run at least a few with a full OiaF team to break that up. Off from work the last 3 days plus the day after, so I'll have all the time I need and can sacrifice a few Broly runs.

Shanlei91

Thanks a bunch! After a bit of fighting with the servers it went through and was the correct one. Now to grind like crazy while the 3x EXP boost is still up!

What I did was get through the story up to at least Wayward Champion then unlock z-hard for it.

After that, my routine is do events and then top off with Wayward Champion to level up and refill stamina and then repeat. Being mindful that it pays 27k XP, I have not had to wait for stamina at all.

What I did was get through the story up to at least Wayward Champion then unlock z-hard for it.

After that, my routine is do events and then top off with Wayward Champion to level up and refill stamina and then repeat. Being mindful that it pays 27k XP, I have not had to wait for stamina at all.

Ah thanks for the tip, yeah I'll probably do the same then, especially since I'd like to try and Dokkan Super Gogeta before the event is over if at all possible. I'm thinking I may just hold onto these gems too for the Super Vegito event down the line. Just curious, how would people prioritize spending the wishes? I just kind of used them however my first time round, but now I'm wondering if I should max my item limit first.

Thanks a bunch! After a bit of fighting with the servers it went through and was the correct one. Now to grind like crazy while the 3x EXP boost is still up!

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Feel free to add me once you get your Gogeta nice and high, or better yet, if you manage to get a broly that can help me get my 80 wins in the next tourney lol.

Shanlei91

Ah thanks for the tip, yeah I'll probably do the same then, especially since I'd like to try and Dokkan Super Gogeta before the event is over if at all possible. I'm thinking I may just hold onto these gems too for the Super Vegito event down the line. Just curious, how would people prioritize spending the wishes? I just kind of used them however my first time round, but now I'm wondering if I should max my item limit first.
  1. I want more allies! - Increase character inventory space by 10 and receive 10 stones
  2. I want help in battle! - Expand quest inventory and allows 2 copies of each Support Item to be brought on missions.
  3. I want a stronger team! - Increase team cost by 10 and get 30 awakening medals

And then the rest whatever. Hope you can Dokkan your Gogeta! He's such a powerhouse that having him even un-dokkan'd helped a ton in the event.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Feel free to add me once you get your Gogeta nice and high, or better yet, if you manage to get a broly that can help me get my 80 wins in the next tourney lol.

Oh yeah I totally forgot Broly was up as well right now, I think I may have to try a few pulls from that pool. I'll make sure to hit you up once I manage to catch up a bit. Hopefully this event doesn't end too soon.

1. I want more allies! - Increase character inventory space by 10 and receive 10 stones
  2. I want help in battle! - Expand quest inventory and allows 2 copies of each Support Item to be brought on missions.
  3. I want a stronger team! - Increase team cost by 10 and get 30 awakening medals

And then the rest whatever. Hope you can Dokkan your Gogeta! He's such a powerhouse that having him even un-dokkan'd helped a ton in the event.

Thanks! Yeah it's kind of crazy how much Gogeta can actually do. To avoid using items and cash when I've got little of them I'm just raising them all naturally right now, but even with the low team cost the sub saibamen are one shotting most stuff from the attack boost he applies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I figure for the 2 years anniversary we'll get a rainbow version of Vegito/New Broly's leader skill. +3ki to all and 70%+ hp, atk, def. Gonna be real dumb. Think it'll be either SSJ4 Goku or Gogeta

chrono01

I figure for the 2 years anniversary we'll get a rainbow version of Vegito/New Broly's leader skill. +3ki to all and 70%+ hp, atk, def. Gonna be real dumb. Think it'll be either SSJ4 Goku or Gogeta
Don't forget the passive and super.

Passive: No type disadvantage, reduces damage by 90% and counterattacks the enemy.
Super: Attack All, as well as seals them.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh man I would love for the SSBs to get dokkan fests. Not sure what they could do for the Nuke lead but the AGL SSB could definitely use an upgrade.

Give them ready for war and some number increase and they'll be decent enough to use regularly

chrono01

You know, I was thinking. Even though Super Vegito (in theory) is the better card (damage blocking, counterattacks, etc.), if I were re-rolling during the time of his release on Global, I'd still aim for Super Gogeta. I prefer rainbow teams over a single type, and while an AGL team with dual Super Vegito leads would be amazing for content suited for it, I love the broad use of a Super Gogeta team. Not only that, I enjoy how Gogeta is strong against every single type (especially when his Super hits as hard as it does).

That being said, I will definitely be aiming for Super Vegito, to use as a sub on my Gogeta team (he links SO well) as well as a mono-AGL leader when I need to. I won't be too crushed if I don't get him, though. Unless people are extreme Vegito fans, I can't see people who already have Gogeta re-rolling for Super Vegito when he's released. Both are amazing cards, however. They deserve the "God" status on the Reddit tier list.

StMeph

Oh man I would love for the SSBs to get dokkan fests. Not sure what they could do for the Nuke lead but the AGL SSB could definitely use an upgrade.

Give them ready for war and some number increase and they'll be decent enough to use regularly

I agree that the original AGI SSB Goku and either older SSB Vegeta needs a rebirth, but they don't change cards very much between rebirth/dokkans, so I wouldn't expect a major leader skill revision. Adding a little more in stats and a single Shocking Speed or Prepared for Battle link along with the dokkan (hopefully, not rebirth) passive for another +15% damage will be enough to place him among the top AGI cards for damage.

You know, I was thinking. Even though Super Vegito (in theory) is the better card (damage blocking, counterattacks, etc.), if I were re-rolling during the time of his release on Global, I'd still aim for Super Gogeta. I prefer rainbow teams over a single type, and while an AGL team with dual Super Vegito leads would be amazing for content suited for it, I love the broad use of a Super Gogeta team. Not only that, I enjoy how Gogeta is strong against every single type (especially when his Super hits as hard as it does).

The amazing part for rerolling is that they're all on the same banner together. If you're lucky/persistent enough in rerolling it's possible to get both Super Vegito and Super Gogeta.

chrono01

The amazing part for rerolling is that they're all on the same banner together. If you're lucky/persistent enough in rerolling it's possible to get both Super Vegito and Super Gogeta.
A new account with Gogeta, Vegito, and an attack-all character (Broly, Majin Vegeta, Xeno Trunks) would be one hell of a start.

Edit:

So, I'm kind of upset at myself. I missed out on an INT Goku (that provides Prepared For Battle) from a past Tournament reward. I didn't have a Broly at the time, nor the Ki support to use a Friends, and I didn't want to grind all of the rounds. Not just that, I didn't expect to pull Gogeta, so now that I did I'm trying to find an INT character with the links I need to fill the INT slot on my team.

My question:

Are there any Tournament rewards incoming, that reward an INT character that can link well with Gogeta? I know, I might get lucky and get a Turles with one of my Tournament tickets, but given how large the pool is (and it's continually getting larger), I'm not going to hold my breath. I tried finding a list of all Tournament cards in the JPN version but I couldn't see one.

Savitar

With how big the jumps in stats for characters has gone in the last year by the time the second anniversary rolls around it should be insane.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My question:

Are there any Tournament rewards incoming, that reward an INT character that can link well with Gogeta? I know, I might get lucky and get a Turles with one of my Tournament tickets, but given how large the pool is (and it's continually getting larger), I'm not going to hold my breath. I tried finding a list of all Tournament cards in the JPN version but I couldn't see one.

You kind of missed them. SSJ Bulky Goku and SSJ Bardock already passed

Other than Turles there's INT SSJ Young Gohan and INT SSJ Teen Trunks. Their dokkans give them Prepared For Battle and those should be coming up real soon

edit- actually nvm only Trunks gets Prepared for Battle

If you wait long enough you can just use the free SSJ2 INT Gohan that you get by grinding Baba gems

YQLoJpH.png

I probably won't reroll with this team. I just need to finally start grinding tournaments to get free SSRs. I'm lacking on that. Also working on getting LR Goku in the future. It's something to work for. I do hope I get Super Vegito though. The last 2 tournaments I did both gave me that shitty Super Vegeta for the GSSR. Oh boy did that pissed me off. Weak ass card.

chrono01

You kind of missed them. SSJ Bulky Goku and SSJ Bardock already passed

Other than Turles there's INT SSJ Young Gohan and INT SSJ Teen Trunks. Their dokkans give them Prepared For Battle and those should be coming up real soon

edit- actually nvm only Trunks gets Prepared for Battle

If you wait long enough you can just use the free SSJ2 INT Gohan that you get by grinding Baba gems
Welp, I guess it'll be a while then. I kind of expected as much. :(

Thanks, though. I guess I'll aim for SSJ Teen Trunks and wait (as patiently as I can) for the Baba Gem SSJ2 INT Gohan. Hopefully it won't take too long before we get that.

denebj

Neo Member
Since I completed all the stuff right now I decided to grind the Broly medals - 77 in GLB for the phy Broly...
It is so easy!! Double Gogeta, AGL SSB, AGL SSJ3, The Goten/Goku with blazing link and AGL golden frieza, Broly dies before he starts his turn.... That's crazy how the meta has evolved!!! I remembered when I grinded the medals... Took me like 15 min by battle and items, and make sure the positioning was right!
Now the dude gets tanked in 3 turns lol

chrono01

Gogeta has caused me to become interested in this game again. He's so much fun to play as, supers EVERYWHERE. This is my first +Ki leader, so this experience is brand new to me.

SnakeEyes

Banned
8/10 for the Gogeta medals, and the only real trouble I'm having is at the start when/if I get a bad first lineup and get Super'd by Goku or Vegeta...

Meneses

So if I were to use stones to get 5000-10,000 rank on the tournament at rank 210, would I net positive stones?

In my personal experience, I think it depends.

Just 80 wins would most likely give you positive stones (let's wait for an expert's confirmation on that), but since everyone seems to be grinding a lot harder these days, you might need some more refreshes to keep a high rank.

For example, my first real tournament (the one that gave TEQ Turles), I got 80 wins and ended up at around 9k spot. I had around 100 stamina and I think I only "lost" a few stones at the end.

Then, this previous one I was around 110 Stam and with the added Stamina Overage, no stamina went to waste so it was a bit more effective, I think I even pulled a few of those 3 stone summons and ended up with an even balance. However, I ended up at 11k rank, so more grinding would have been necessary.

MiTYH

Persistence, thy name is Dokkan.

Running a recently rerolled account with Gogeta/Cell/Vegeta, I've basically used all my free story stones on the Janemba banner trying to get anything good, since I don't have anything on the banner (Except Vegeta). Despite about 8 multipulls, I just keep going back... the one I tried yesterday got me about 6 SRs, only Videl really being worth anything (turns into Saiyaman, blazing battle, etc)

Today I find I got 50 stones again. Did another pull. Showed him going SSJ2... and got a bunch of SRs, including my 5th Uub.

Sigh.

EDIT: Double checked, actually got White Hot Face-Off PHY Goku, which Dokkans into SSR State of God Super Saiyan God Goku. So, not the worst pull. Really need these events to come back though, I've got two Saiyaman, Coora, and now this Goku, all to get medals for

What links should I be looking to use to get the most out of Gogeta? Being a rerolled account it's going to take some time to have a proper selection but for now I've been coasting by with fused bonuses.

StMeph

What links should I be looking to use to get the most out of Gogeta? Being a rerolled account it's going to take some time to have a proper selection but for now I've been coasting by with fused bonuses.

I'm not understanding the question. It should be whatever your box supports. Over in a Flash, Fused Fighter, or Prepared for Battle, whatever you have and can combine effectively.

To get the absolute most out of Gogeta you'll want Super Saiyan and Fierce Battle for +25% damage, and enough ki through +ki links to get easy super attacks.

I'm not understanding the question. It should be whatever your box supports. Over in a Flash, Fused Fighter, or Prepared for Battle, whatever you have and can combine effectively.

To get the absolute most out of Gogeta you'll want Super Saiyan and Fierce Battle for +25% damage, and enough ki through +ki links to get easy super attacks.

Ah it's the those last two that were boosting damage further then. Explains why Super Gotenks was getting boosts that Gotenks wasn't. I'm close to having 6 out of 6 easy supers but I may need to swap a couple SSR out for SR. I'm guessing the benefit would outweigh the stat offset a lot still.

mikejungle

Neo Member
So I left behind 2 TUR's (SA 10 str ss3 Goku, and Int Cell), and 20+ UR's to reroll to get Gogeta. Just wasn't excited about the game anymore.

Well, I got Gogeta, and much more in my 12 rolls...seriously just excited to re-grind through story mode and the new events with my characters. Got the 3 characters I wanted most (Gogeats, Gotenks, and Broly), got a lovely TURable bonus, and some damn good B-listers (helped me get the Broly awakening medals).

Usually don't brag, but I'm just super excited about the game again!

Also, can someone tell me how the super strike mechanics work? Is it SA10 the character, dokkan awaken, then feed him a SA5 character? Or do I have to save the 5 individually? Thanks!

9zgMBRC.png

Permanently A

Kind of lost with what to do atm. Got my Gogeta dokkaned. I started farming the SR characters but I kind of have no interest in making them SR10 because my entire team is already UR.

StMeph

Usually don't brag, but I'm just super excited about the game again!

You generally want to edit out any identifying features of your account (basically the entire top bar). People have been able to steal them in this and other games like it that way.

Also, can someone tell me how the super strike mechanics work? Is it SA10 the character, dokkan awaken, then feed him a SA5 character? Or do I have to save the 5 individually? Thanks!

SA10, dokkan, then dokkan a 2nd SA 5 for 100% success to get to SA 15.

Kind of lost with what to do atm. Got my Gogeta dokkaned. I started farming the SR characters but I kind of have no interest in making them SR10 because my entire team is already UR.

The LR Goku event only allows you to use Super Strike characters. Any other team can't do the event.

If that's too far away to matter, then just run story quests to raise your Rank. WT is coming up soon.

mikejungle

Neo Member
aw crap, good looking out. I temporarily deleted the pic. I'm not screwed already, am I?

Should I change my name?
I thought i'd be ok since they didn't have my ID number. How do they do it?

Permanently A

You generally want to edit out any identifying features of your account (basically the entire top bar). People have been able to steal them in this and other games like it that way.

SA10, dokkan, then dokkan a 2nd SA 5 for 100% success to get to SA 15.

The LR Goku event only allows you to use Super Strike characters. Any other team can't do the event.

If that's too far away to matter, then just run story quests to raise your Rank. WT is coming up soon.

oh wow I didn't know about about LR Goku

I guess I'll farm story but its by far the worst part of the game for me

what's a good rank to be for WT?

Any tips for taking on the Gogeta Dokkan event? I'm almost up to the point where I can take a run and afford a go at wayward champ after to get the stam refill. Will I need any specific units or is a double Super Gogeta team just going to steamroll it? I was thinking of taking 4 AGL units just to shield against damage, but that would mean turning down an extra 100k+ damage from Super Gotenks.

chrono01

aw crap, good looking out. I temporarily deleted the pic. I'm not screwed already, am I?

Should I change my name?
I thought i'd be ok since they didn't have my ID number. How do they do it?
You should be fine. Assuming you only posted it here (and not on Reddit, for example) and removed it quickly, I wouldn't imagine many people saw it. You can change your name if it makes you feel any better, but I wouldn't worry.

As for how they do it, they essentially get all of your account information (sans the ID) and email Bamco. If they give them enough (Zeni amount, number of characters and their levels, your account name, etc.), Namco Bandai can actually transfer (i.e., give) your account to someone else (since NBE thinks the one emailing are the owner of the account, having given them so much information). Only having your ID shown won't result in the same thing, since you need more than that when you contact them. If that weren't the case, everyone who friended anyone would be at risk (since you need their ID to do so).

But yeah, I wouldn't be too concerned. Just continue leveling/earning new characters, more zeni, etc.). Even if someone tried to get your account with your previous shown information, the more you change the less likely they are to do so.

Congrats on the new account, BTW!

what's a good rank to be for WT?
Rank 210 gets you exactly 120 stamina, enough for two full Tournament runs, but with stamina overflow it doesn't really matter as much now.

Just Rank Up as much as you can, since the higher rank you are the more stamina you'll have per re-fill, not to mention a higher team cost.

Any tips for taking on the Gogeta Dokkan event? I'm almost up to the point where I can take a run and afford a go at wayward champ after to get the stam refill. Will I need any specific units or is a double Super Gogeta team just going to steamroll it? I was thinking of taking 4 AGL units just to shield against damage, but that would mean turning down an extra 100k+ damage from Super Gotenks.
I just went with double Gogeta and my Over in a Flash team, with AGL Freeza to take a few blocks. Items were Senzu Bean, Dende, King Yenma, and Ghost Usher. Use items to heal as needed. King Yenma if Gogeta does a Super, and Ghost Usher if he attacks multiple times in a turn and don't have the necessary characters to block. Gogeta does the bulk of the work, he's Godly.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. So far I had to use 5 dragon stones for recovery vs broly. Usually I do well(like only having to use 1 senzu bean) but lately the RNG is against me
he'll do a super attack when I have no one good enough to defend against(like a blue character), and even with the 50% reduction does 72k dmg(on a red dude). It kinda sucks, because that's a pull I could have done, but I didn't wanna give up because 4 of those times he was in the yellow, with the most recent yellow having his bar so low that I couldn't see it(and of course he got to go first, and I had no more delay 1 turns). 1 of the 5 was a mistake, but I killed him so meh.

honestly I fucking hate this. I was one hit away from killing him, but nope does 150k dmg to my blue guy, and no DS. i hate when he gets to go first, and just super attacks

In my personal experience, I think it depends.

Just 80 wins would most likely give you positive stones (let's wait for an expert's confirmation on that), but since everyone seems to be grinding a lot harder these days, you might need some more refreshes to keep a high rank.

For example, my first real tournament (the one that gave TEQ Turles), I got 80 wins and ended up at around 9k spot. I had around 100 stamina and I think I only "lost" a few stones at the end.

Then, this previous one I was around 110 Stam and with the added Stamina Overage, no stamina went to waste so it was a bit more effective, I think I even pulled a few of those 3 stone summons and ended up with an even balance. However, I ended up at 11k rank, so more grinding would have been necessary.
I see, I won't mind if a lose a few. I heard 80 wins will net 2 GSSR this tournament. It'll be worth it.

chrono01

I see, I won't mind if a lose a few. I heard 80 wins will net 2 GSSR this tournament. It'll be worth it.
It'll actually earn you three GSSR, IIRC, assuming you already have a few silver tickets. I have three of em', so I could potentially get three GSSR out of the next tournament.

I can't wait.

chrono01

I only have 1 silver ticket, so 2 for me.
Still worth the grind!

Plus, you can keep all of the SSR Goku and use him to level LR Goku's super when he arrives! I'll probably keep one of them, for collection-reasons, and save the other 9.

What rank are you guys that you have enough stamina to win 80 times?

I have like 84 STA
I'm at Rank 161, IIRC. I'm definitely aiming to be 210 by the time the 3x EXP event ends.

I already did my grinding to 210. Glad that's over. I'll end up keeping my SSJ Gokus. I think I'll hardcore grind the LR Goku event when it comes out in 6 months and when I'm ready. It's every Sunday after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom