• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

What rank are you guys that you have enough stamina to win 80 times?

I have like 84 STA

There's no way to get to 80 wins in the window given without spending stones.

That said, it's possible to come out ahead after accounting for all of the stones rewarded along the way to 80 wins IF your stamina pool is high enough.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What rank are you guys that you have enough stamina to win 80 times?

I have like 84 STA

You can do it at any rank but higher rank just makes it more stone efficient.

150 and 200 are the ranks I'd look to. 150 gives you 100 stam, enough for 1 and 3/4 ish tournaments. 200 Gives you 118 stam enough to do two full tournaments (you'll recover the missing 2 stam by the time you're finished with the two tournaments)

Going to try for at least 20 wins a day. I hate doing the preliminary part over and over again though.

Yeah it's annoying. Super Broly makes it more bearable though which is why I sacrificed DS to revive and get the awakening medals a few times.

You can do it at any rank but higher rank just makes it more stone efficient.

150 and 200 are the ranks I'd look to. 150 gives you 100 stam, enough for 1 and 3/4 ish tournaments. 200 Gives you 118 stam enough to do two full tournaments (you'll recover the missing 2 stam by the time you're finished with the two tournaments)

There's no way to get to 80 wins in the window given without spending stones.

That said, it's possible to come out ahead after accounting for all of the stones rewarded along the way to 80 wins IF your stamina pool is high enough.

Hmm, I'm somewhere in the 180s for rank, I might do the x3 EXP after I get my final broly medal. Thanks guys :p

I just went with double Gogeta and my Over in a Flash team, with AGL Freeza to take a few blocks. Items were Senzu Bean, Dende, King Yenma, and Ghost Usher. Use items to heal as needed. King Yenma if Gogeta does a Super, and Ghost Usher if he attacks multiple times in a turn and don't have the necessary characters to block. Gogeta does the bulk of the work, he's Godly.

Huh, maybe I just don't have the backup units for it then. I just took a swing at it and got wrecked, to the point that I couldn't even heal between rounds. I'd have had to drop one gem per health bar to make it through. It took both Gogetas specials to knock off single bar too. I feel like I'm doing something wrong but maybe my AGL SR units just don't have the defence to survive him.

Still hoping to get him dokkan awakened before the event is over but I dunno if I want to throw down that many stones since I'm trying to nab Broly too.

mikejungle

Neo Member
Thanks chrono.

Changed my name slightly, but also, that picture is a bit dated, so I guess i'm okay. Re-added picture!

Now I'm gonna grab 15 of all future super strike cards while the rate is up! Missed out getting 15 on Android 16, but pretty close with King Cold

chrono01

Huh, maybe I just don't have the backup units for it then. I just took a swing at it and got wrecked, to the point that I couldn't even heal between rounds. I'd have had to drop one gem per health bar to make it through. It took both Gogetas specials to knock off single bar too. I feel like I'm doing something wrong but maybe my AGL SR units just don't have the defence to survive him.

Still hoping to get him dokkan awakened before the event is over but I dunno if I want to throw down that many stones since I'm trying to nab Broly too.
There's no shame in coming back to it later, it's not an especially easy fight. If you're using SR AGL units to block, that might explain why. I assume they're at least Awakened?

For item-use, I had to go through a fair number of them to complete the battle, so if you have to use everything to be successful, don't feel too bad. At least standard Gogeta is still a useful leader, although he's missing out on the improved leader skill as well as OiaF link. :(

Thanks chrono.

Changed my name slightly, but also, that picture is a bit dated, so I guess i'm okay. Re-added picture!

Now I'm gonna grab 15 of all future super strike cards while the rate is up! Missed out getting 15 on Android 16, but pretty close with King Cold
No worries, have fun out there!

There's no shame in coming back to it later, it's not an especially easy fight. If you're using SR AGL units to block, that might explain why. I assume they're at least Awakened?

For item-use, I had to go through a fair number of them to complete the battle, so if you have to use everything to be successful, don't feel too bad. At least standard Gogeta is still a useful leader, although he's missing out on the improved leader skill as well as OiaF link. :(

Yeah I wouldn't feel too bad if I can't beat him, he definitely feels like some of the tougher content out there. My team is probably the main issue, I have Gotenks and Spirit Bomb Goku as my SSR AGL's, neither being amazing and both still to be awakened. Then SSJ Bardock and Teen Gohan as my SR AGL unit's, neither awakened yet again. I'm gonna start doing runs of the medals events while I raise my levels so I can get those awakened before I try again.

I wouldn't even mind using a couple gems per run but anything over that is hard to do with Broly sitting there. What's the drop rate like for them by the way? Is it a dead cert of getting one per run or a roll of the dice?

chrono01

Yeah I wouldn't feel too bad if I can't beat him, he definitely feels like some of the tougher content out there. My team is probably the main issue, I have Gotenks and Spirit Bomb Goku as my SSR AGL's, neither being amazing and both still to be awakened. Then SSJ Bardock and Teen Gohan as my SR AGL unit's, neither awakened yet again. I'm gonna start doing runs of the medals events while I raise my levels so I can get those awakened before I try again.

I wouldn't even mind using a couple gems per run but anything over that is hard to do with Broly sitting there. What's the drop rate like for them by the way? Is it a dead cert of getting one per run or a roll of the dice?
Yeah, you definitely want all Awakened units for Gogeta, he hits REALLY hard otherwise. Gotenks is great, Spirit Bomb Goku is alright. He you get another strong AGL SSR, and fully Awaken everyone, you should be able to manage it next time he comes around! Work on Broly instead. With double Gogeta and a few AGL units to disable his Rampage, he should be easily doable for you. Plus, he'll help out for the next Tournament!

As for the drop-rate on the medals, 100% guaranteed drop for one each run, so no worries there!

StMeph

My team is probably the main issue, I have Gotenks and Spirit Bomb Goku as my SSR AGL's, neither being amazing and both still to be awakened. Then SSJ Bardock and Teen Gohan as my SR AGL unit's, neither awakened yet again.

That's not a problem with what units are being used so much as none of them being awakened. That's what's killing you.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah it's annoying. Super Broly makes it more bearable though which is why I sacrificed DS to revive and get the awakening medals a few times.

Hmm, I'm somewhere in the 180s for rank, I might do the x3 EXP after I get my final broly medal. Thanks guys :p

Yeah I made the mistake last time of not using Broly. Here's my current team for the tournament:

TF9XBCG.jpg

So finally killed Broly 10 times. Spent another two DS(1 for stamina refill, 1 for the fight). So many DS used because he's a cockroach that hangs on with a goddamn sliver.

chrono01

Yeah I made the mistake last time of not using Broly. Here's my current team for the tournament:
Nice team!

For me, I won't be going with Gogeta (leading with Broly), so I can fit another +Ki link in there. The way I figure, I want as many +Ki passives as possible, so I have a better chance of firing off Broly's super. Of course that will change when Majin Vegeta gets his rebirth. When he does, it's Gogeta all of the time, with my other "Over in a Flash" characters.

Speaking of Broly, I wonder if he will ever receive another Awakening. With all of the other "Attack All" characters in the game (Majin Vegeta, Xeno Trunks, etc.), he isn't as special as he once was. He's still extremely powerful, of course, with a nice STR leader ability. He just doesn't link exceptionally well with other characters. Considering he's a Dokkan Fest-only character, I'm sure they'll eventually do something to make him more viable for more teams (and not just tournaments). All they really need to do is extend his links a bit and he'll find a lot more use.

Anyway, best of luck to you in the tournament! I need to wait until the end of the month for my chance. I can't wait for those SSR tickets.

Nice team!

For me, I won't be going with Gogeta (leading with Broly), so I can fit another +Ki link in there. The way I figure, I want as many +Ki passives as possible, so I have a better chance of firing off Broly's super. Of course that will change when Majin Vegeta gets his rebirth. When he does, it's Gogeta all of the time, with my other "Over in a Flash" characters.

Speaking of Broly, I wonder if he will ever receive another Awakening. With all of the other "Attack All" characters in the game (Majin Vegeta, Xeno Trunks, etc.), he isn't as special as he once was. He's still extremely powerful, of course, with a nice STR leader ability. He just doesn't link exceptionally well with other characters. Considering he's a Dokkan Fest-only character, I'm sure they'll eventually do something to make him more viable for more teams (and not just tournaments). All they really need to do is extend his links a bit and he'll find a lot more use.

Anyway, best of luck to you in the tournament! I need to wait until the end of the month for my chance. I can't wait for those SSR tickets.

Xeno Trunks is getting an attack all? I might actually use this guy now...

I hope they don't do an awaken for him, I just awakened him :( up his links for sure though

SnakeEyes

Banned
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU- I hate Dokkan events, I just recently was able to do the Broly one, and only with the help of Super Gogetas...
You're new, huh? :)

This game does not give you good characters for free - you HAVE to work for them :D

Speaking of which,I managed to TUR my Super Gogeta last night. FEEEEEEELS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MAAAAAAAAN~!

You're new, huh? :)

This game does not give you good characters for free - you HAVE to work for them :D

Speaking of which,I managed to TUR my Super Gogeta last night. FEEEEEEELS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MAAAAAAAAN~!

Nah been playing for a long time, like I think nearly a year now? It's just I'm F2P so I don't get a lot of DSs lol.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Nah been playing for a long time, like I think nearly a year now? It's just I'm F2P so I don't get a lot of DSs lol.
Aha~!
You can easily survive in this game with the free stones provided, but I started spending stones after playing for 6 months since I'd figured I'd played enough that it was worth throwing a few dollars in BN's direction.

Then the Gogeta event came out.

And I spent even more... >.>

Edit: Just hit Consecutive Login bonus: 365 days. HOLY CRAP THAT IS A LOT OF LOOT!

chrono01

Congrats!

BTW, I can't remember, is it just a single Old Kai card per tournament? My Gogeta is at S.LVL 5, and I really want to increase it further. I'd hate to have to wait for five tournaments...

Aha~!
You can easily survive in this game with the free stones provided, but I started spending stones after playing for 6 months since I'd figured I'd played enough that it was worth throwing a few dollars in BN's direction.

Then the Gogeta event came out.

And I spent even more... >.>

Edit: Just hit Consecutive Login bonus: 365 days. HOLY CRAP THAT IS A LOT OF LOOT!

Wot you get?

Are the ever gonna bring back the Battle of Gods, and the event to Dokkan Awaken Videl? I feel like I've only seen each one once...

Congrats!

BTW, I can't remember, is it just a single Old Kai card per tournament? My Gogeta is at S.LVL 5, and I really want to increase it further. I'd hate to have to wait for five tournaments...

The higher your rank the more you get. You can still go the most recent tournament and see what prizes are given, pretty sure only the character changes but all the other rewards remain.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Wot you get?
10 DS, 3 Elder Kais, 10x Yemmas, 10x Ghost Ushers, 1 each of the Hercule Statues, varying numbers of all of the generic awakening medals. It was a great payout!

I had 33 items in all waiting for me at rollover.

Congrats!

Nope, varying numbers depending on rank. Sub-2.5k rank gets you 3 or 4 IIRC.

3 elder kai for 1 year, nice.

Baba shop does not sell Grandpa Gohan medals it would seem. I never see it. I'm running low on that and I am too lazy to grind for it.

10 DS, 3 Elder Kais, 10x Yemmas, 10x Ghost Ushers, 1 each of the Hercule Statues, varying numbers of all of the generic awakening medals. It was a great payout!

I had 33 items in all waiting for me at rollover.

O wow. I don't know my consecutive, and I'm pretty sure you can only see it when you the pop-up so I will let you know in about 22 hours lol.
3 elder kai for 1 year, nice.

Baba shop does not sell Grandpa Gohan medals it would seem. I never see it. I'm running low on that and I am too lazy to grind for it.

You could try unlocking more slots in her shop. I somehow have 14k trade points, not sure if a mission gave me a buttload(I know there's one for 125, I've been buying things for 12/25 to get that little extra lol)

chrono01

You can still go the most recent tournament and see what prizes are given, pretty sure only the character changes but all the other rewards remain.
Thanks, completely forgot about that!

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'll be able to rank enough for 4, but 2 or 3 should be doable. I'll have him max'd in two (ish) tournaments, which isn't bad! Even sooner if they give out more free ones...

Thanks, guys!

SnakeEyes

Banned
I found a bug! Be wary of this, people who are close to their 365 Consecutive Login bonuses.

I found that the 3 Hercule statues you receive as part of the rewards are not assigned the correct values when you try and sell them, and are only currently worth $12.5k Zeni each.

I've reported the bug to BN, and am just awaiting a response :)

Just got both SSR INT Whis and SSR PHY Ultimate Gohan in one pull. I know Gohan is a good one but what about Whis? On a side note that's a full rainbow UR team pulled in just over 24 hours and my old account from near the launch still never achieved that.

StMeph

Between my being late to the party and a brief period of not logging in consistently I'm still over 30 days away from the 365 day bonus.

QQ

I found a bug! Be wary of this, people who are close to their 365 Consecutive Login bonuses.

I found that the 3 Hercule statues you receive as part of the rewards are not assigned the correct values when you try and sell them, and are only currently worth $12.5k Zeni each.

I've reported the bug to BN, and am just awaiting a response :)

If they fix it, aww yeah free stones.

chrono01

3x EXP is amazing. I can literally play non-stop by continually ranking up (on "Enter the Savior?!"). I actually have to burn some stamina on event quests in-between, lest I waste some. I'm Rank 167.

I'm going all of the way to Rank 210 before this ends!

3x EXP is amazing. I can literally play non-stop by continually ranking up (on "Enter the Savior?!"). I actually have to burn some stamina on event quests in-between, lest I waste some. I'm Rank 167.

I'm going all of the way to Rank 210 before this ends!

Ha, yeh. I do two of the Z-Hard end quest and I level up. I have 84 STA so I can waste like 50 on the dailies, do two of the quests and still level up

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nice team!

Yeah I'm still trying to get that Majin Vegeta. I have all the awakening medals for him but he just won't drop... would be so nice to have for the tournament.

Been grabbing friends with that new Vegito though and wow... he's so good! I'm even more upset I didn't get him in the Dokkan Fest :(

StMeph

The special link skill isn't very important for Buu. Being able to eat candy is better, but even in that case it's not totally necessary if you let one or two people punt their supers to help clear candy from the board. Bring enough strong STR hitters, a couple off-color, and stuns if you have them, and you should have an easier time with it.

Buu is going to stomp on your team. He's harder than Gogeta.

Time to grind King Vegeta for the next 5 days and some of Jackie Chun until the event is over. Need 15 of both.

Buu is going to stomp on your team. He's harder than Gogeta.

Time to grind King Vegeta for the next 5 days and some of Jackie Chun until the event is over. Need 15 of both.

o...in that case fuck everything not fighting that dicklord. How about Cell? What team comp do I need for him?

Also, why so many Vegetas and Jackies?

Creating a Super level 15 Super Strike team to handle LR Goku in 6 months. Cell is Teq, but generally easier. It would be nice if you have General Blue.

7/15 King Vegeta done, got to wait for stamina. It'll probably take me 1-2 days to finish. Then same for Jackie Chun.

Creating a Super level 15 Super Strike team to handle LR Goku in 6 months. Cell is Teq, but generally easier. It would be nice if you have General Blue.

7/15 King Vegeta done, got to wait for stamina. It'll probably take me 1-2 days to finish. Then same for Jackie Chun.

What you should do is save enough STA to do 2 end-quests on z-hard that is generally enough to lvl you up. Unless you're really high leveled which might take 3 attempts? But that way you level up and then have a STA refill to grind more Vegetas. I thought the SL cap was 10?

I have General blue. Who else should I use? Just all INT and maybe like Broly to do massive dmg?

I'm level 214, so even grinding for level takes more than a full stamina bar. And I don't know if they are, but I would like to think it would.

For Super Strike characters, their Super max out at 15 and they get a boost from it.

Yeah take some Int units.

Edit: Looking at JPN's new DB summon pool. I think I'll hoard all my DB tickets until then. I already got all the good cards in it anyways.

chrono01

Yeah I'm still trying to get that Majin Vegeta. I have all the awakening medals for him but he just won't drop... would be so nice to have for the tournament.

Been grabbing friends with that new Vegito though and wow... he's so good! I'm even more upset I didn't get him in the Dokkan Fest :(
Back when I received Majin Vegeta, it was from a GSSR ticket. At the time, he didn't have his rebirth planned, so he was just a unit I used on my SSG Goku team and nothing else. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when the rebirth was announced.

But hey, at least you have Broly! So many people are after the "Attack All" characters, so it's nice you have one of em'. Tournament life without one is a headache. >_<

Sorry to hear about your Vegito luck, but there's always next time! If you don't mind me asking, how many pulls did you do?

Does Dokkaned AGL SSJ3 Goku's passive work the way I think it does? Are they only active when they're a leader or is that actually going to be a 100% boost to my Super Gogeta's already OP nature? I just pulled both him and INT Golden Frieza in one pull and now I'm tempted to Dokkan him but don't think I could beat the event right now. I REALLY need a snake way event, way too many SSR unit's not getting their full use.

Back when I received Majin Vegeta, it was from a GSSR ticket. At the time, he didn't have his rebirth planned, so he was just a unit I used on my SSG Goku team and nothing else. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when the rebirth was announced.

But hey, at least you have Broly! So many people are after the "Attack All" characters, so it's nice you have one of em'. Tournament life without one is a headache. >_<

Sorry to hear about your Vegito luck, but there's always next time! If you don't mind me asking, how many pulls did you do?
The bulma item they give everyday will help so much when you don't have enough orbs for a perfect lol. I just recently got Supermad Broly, pretty glad too. I cost me 7 DS(due to death </3) but it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom