• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Does Dokkaned AGL SSJ3 Goku's passive work the way I think it does? Are they only active when they're a leader or is that actually going to be a 100% boost to my Super Gogeta's already OP nature? I just pulled both him and INT Golden Frieza in one pull and now I'm tempted to Dokkan him but don't think I could beat the event right now. I REALLY need a snake way event, way too many SSR unit's not getting their full use.

The passive only affects SSJ3 Goku's own attack, not anybody else's.

He still hits like a goddamn truck though, especially with Super Gogeta. I love him.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Back when I received Majin Vegeta, it was from a GSSR ticket. At the time, he didn't have his rebirth planned, so he was just a unit I used on my SSG Goku team and nothing else. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when the rebirth was announced.

But hey, at least you have Broly! So many people are after the "Attack All" characters, so it's nice you have one of em'. Tournament life without one is a headache. >_<

Sorry to hear about your Vegito luck, but there's always next time! If you don't mind me asking, how many pulls did you do?

I did 4 multi pulls (3 50 stone and the 1 free one) and a handful of single pulls. After striking out on all of that I felt it was better to save for another banner some other time.

Today is a good day.

After failing to get anything substantial out of all those multi-summons; I just pulled Gogeta and Broly back to back with only single pulls.

Now I just need to get a high enough rank to actually be able to use them.

Today is a good day.

After failing to get anything substantial out of all those multi-summons; I just pulled Gogeta and Broly back to back with only single pulls.

Now I just need to get a high enough rank to actually be able to use them.

It's been days that I'm trying to pull them. I keep being trolled with Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT Gohan :")

It's been days that I'm trying to pull them. I keep being trolled with Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT Gohan :")

Yeah that Broly keeps eluding me. I've pulled about half of the others on the banner and a bunch more. Up to 50 stones again now and I'm starting wonder if it's even worth it to keep trying. I don't want to get dupes of the others if I can help it.

Edit: Case and point. Of course, no Broly still. Not gonna complain about these units however even if one is a dupe. I remember saving 250 stones to try and get one of these on my old account.

h6Q10V4.jpg

GKFinns

I just want to take this moment to thank based Gogeta. I finally got one, immediately spent all of my Elder Kai's to raise him to SA 10, and Dokkan'd him to max level.

Suddenly, the Kid Buu Dokkan event that was so damn difficult has now become infinitely farmable. I love it. I can't wait for Dokkan Frieza to dare show his face around here.

MiTYH

I just want to take this moment to thank based Gogeta. I finally got one, immediately spent all of my Elder Kai's to raise him to SA 10, and Dokkan'd him to max level.

Suddenly, the Kid Buu Dokkan event that was so damn difficult has now become infinitely farmable. I love it. I can't wait for Dokkan Frieza to dare show his face around here.

This is what I'm hoping for. I rerolled an account with Gogeta/Vegeta/Cell and can't beat Gogeta quite yet, but I'm hoping for easy goings in the future.

In other news, switched over from story stone farming to wayward champion farming to prepare for the upcoming world tourney. Currently on rank 92, this is probably the fastest I've ever leveled. Amazing, and considering my main account was only rank 151 (101 stamina), I'm hoping to get close to that before this exp up event ends. Takes about 2 stages to level me up, but I know it'll increase to three soon. Whatever, I've got spare time to level up

EDIT: Damnit, caved and gave another 50-pull to janemba banner. All SRs, mostly dupes except INT Jaco

I'm getting close to the end of the story grind now. Now though I'm unsure what to do afterwards. I'd like to Dokkan my Gogeta and SSJ3 Goku ideally, but on my last run I failed pretty badly. I'm thinking about just boosting my level for extra stam instead if I still can't beat it.

I have some new characters to try with this time however. The only problem is my severe lack of old kai medals to awaken them. So far I have Super Gogeta and Super Gotenks awakened. I can awaken one more at the end of this with the old kai medal reward, but I don't know if I should use it on AGL SSJ3 Goku or SSGSS AGL Goku (BoG). Logic says SSJ3 due to the Dokkan but SSGSS seems to hit harder. Suggestions?

It's a bit of a pain in the sense that this team should be crazy strong, and it is, but it's also missing a lot of potential between the three really hard hitters until I can Dokkan Gogeta. Using Dokkan Awakened Gogeta from my friends list really boosts their damage output.

9/15 Jackie Chun so far. At the rate I'm going, I'll be prepared super early for LR Goku. Better to knock this out early so I can slack off though. I did not farm any strike characters before Gogeta came out because I expected to reroll for Gogeta.

GKFinns

9/15 Jackie Chun so far. At the rate I'm going, I'll be prepared super early for LR Goku. Better to knock this out early so I can slack off though. I did not farm any strike characters before Gogeta came out because I expected to reroll for Gogeta.

May I ask why you are going for 15? I maxed my Strike characters at SA 10. Is there some reason to get 15 I don't know about?

Meneses

These characters will be able to be Dokkaned and the SA will go up to 15, so people are taking this chance to get a SA10 and a SA5 now and then fuse them when the event comes.

May I ask why you are going for 15? I maxed my Strike characters at SA 10. Is there some reason to get 15 I don't know about?

Super Strike characters have bonuses when you get them to Super level 15. Some gain 20% damage, others fire off their specials at 8 Ki, etc.

Amzin

So just a few beginner questions....

I think I got pretty lucky on my starter pulls, got Android 18 and SSR Goku (Teq I think?), plus I got an AGL SSR Goku from the event, so I suppose it could be better but I'll settle :p in the FAQ it suggests saving dragon stones for events that have increased SR+ chance, is that what these Dokkan festival summons are? I could do a couple multi summons with my earned stones from various missions completed. Are friend points only used for friend summoning?

I've also gotten a ton of XP and random stuff from messing around in the event missions, is it better to blow stamina on those or go through the quest line first? Is there any point to training my good characters early on when I'm kind of roflstomping everything on normal anyway?

Oh, and what are good things to trade in for trading points?

That was more questions than I thought I had :p

So just a few beginner questions....

I think I got pretty lucky on my starter pulls, got Android 18 and SSR Goku (Teq I think?), plus I got an AGL SSR Goku from the event, so I suppose it could be better but I'll settle :p in the FAQ it suggests saving dragon stones for events that have increased SR+ chance, is that what these Dokkan festival summons are? I could do a couple multi summons with my earned stones from various missions completed. Are friend points only used for friend summoning?

I've also gotten a ton of XP and random stuff from messing around in the event missions, is it better to blow stamina on those or go through the quest line first? Is there any point to training my good characters early on when I'm kind of roflstomping everything on normal anyway?

Oh, and what are good things to trade in for trading points?

That was more questions than I thought I had :p

Start over again and keep doing it till you get Gogeta imo.

Tamanon

Banned
My luck on this game is just ridiculous. Built back up to 15 stones and stupidly tried another single. AGI Golden Frieza.....that's just silly.

Also, Gogeta is Dokkaned now, good lord he hits hard.

I hate you with every subatomic particle of my being. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE!

Anyhoo, I have 8/15 SA for Vegeta(Wait, the planet, my son, or me?). and 1/15 for Chun.

Also, recently Grampa Gohan has been in the point shop more, yesterday I got 20 of him and today I got another 10

My luck on this game is just ridiculous. Built back up to 15 stones and stupidly tried another single. AGI Golden Frieza.....that's just silly.

Also, Gogeta is Dokkaned now, good lord he hits hard.

I've pulled over 50 times at this point. Me and donkeyshow need Gogeta too!!! ;_;

Amzin

I'm guessing you missed out on the free stones. Well try and get Gogeta with your 2nd free pull after you get your starter.

I'm totally confused :p I got Android 18 as my very first character, then I had the 5-stone "bonus" bull that gave me SSR Goku. Then I got like, an event SSR Goku? Not sure what that came from. And I've got about 110 more Dragon Stones from like a few hours of messing around. So my theory was summon the 10x of one of the event summons, if that's the recommended course. There's a second free pull somewhere?

I'm totally confused :p I got Android 18 as my very first character, then I had the 5-stone "bonus" bull that gave me SSR Goku. Then I got like, an event SSR Goku? Not sure what that came from. And I've got about 110 more Dragon Stones from like a few hours of messing around. So my theory was summon the 10x of one of the event summons, if that's the recommended course. There's a second free pull somewhere?

Ahh nvm then. See about till the 12 of July, you had a chance to get 197 stones to start with and then 3 multi pulls that gave you a 4th multi pull for free.

Also the very first multi pull would have been 30 stones instead of the usual 50.

You should describe which unit you got such as SSR STR Gogeta or SSR AGL SSJ3 Goku so we have an idea of what you are taking about, especially with the typing.

Anyways yeah use your stones and attempt to get Gogeta and then pull the other banner and pray for Broly. If you don't get him with the initial pull, just delete the app and restart.

If you wanna bother with rerolling of course, though Gogeta is very much worth it imo.

Meneses

Did my final multi pull... got a dupe Teq SSJ3 Vegeta. :/

Should I feed it to my other one to increase SA (it's still at SA1), or is it better to sell to Baba?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Did my final multi pull... got a dupe Teq SSJ3 Vegeta. :/

Should I feed it to my other one to increase SA (it's still at SA1), or is it better to sell to Baba?
Feed. His Super attack is only a little less powerful than SS3 Goku, and he pairs well with SS3 Goku and Gogeta on a rainbow team.

It's insane how much Gogeta can break the game. Before, I could hardly lay a scratch on Dokkan SS3 Goku, but now with a double Gogeta lead and several stunners, the event is a joke. Just 2 more times and I've got my 23 medals :D

Meneses

This World Tournament grind is legit awful :( 20 more wins until 80, I'm forcing myself to get through this.

It is definitely not a fun time, especially having to rely on friend/guest Brolys to make it faster.

I just tell myself this is the only way i'll be able to improve my team without spending a bunch of money to make it a bit less painful.

Up to 7/10 Dokkan medals for my SSJ3 Goku now. I would be finishing the run but I wasn't watching my stam and have a small wait on my hands now. I really wish Gogeta only had three health bars instead, I could totally pull that one off too then. It looks like I'll need a buffer of about 20-30 stones to collect 10 of those.

SnakeEyes

Banned
81 wins at rank 9145... Should I keep going? There's about 7 hours left.
Do first round-quits to make sure you're at a safe spot with your rank. Probably no need to do full runs and use so much energy when it's more efficient to just do the first round repeatedly.

chrono01

81 wins at rank 9145... Should I keep going? There's about 7 hours left.
Never, never stop!

No, but seriously, the last few hours can get really crazy (at least, if Japan is similar to Global, I'm guessing it is). If I were you, I'd grind a bit more points just to be safe. You've come this far, I'd hate to see you fall out of the top rankings just before it ends.

But then, I'm paranoid like that, haha.

Hey I got Goodbye Goku on my single pull!!!!

ITSSSS ........ Ultimate Gohan AGL!?!? >.<

My 4th one. Passed TEQ Pikkon for most duped SSR. ;_;

Like fuck Gogeta just drop for me. I can't even attempt for Broly banner because I haven't gotten Gogeta yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom