• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Did my last single on the banner, got AGL SSJ Bardock so he's SA fodder for tournament Bardock at least. Saving everything not going towards expansion for Vegito

LNBL

Pulled on the GSSR and...
hlTNy61.jpg

giphy.gif

Once he gets his Dokkan having him & Gogeta & Broly & three guys with +ki passives in WT should be fun.

Congrats!

Have neither Broly or Gogeta :'( So i'm eagerly awaiting the damn MV dokkan event. When do you all think it will come to Global? Should not be too long I think (hope)

StMeph

Still farming Trunks. 11 so far, probably going to stop at 30 to have enough for PHY Xeno and the strike TEQ both at SA 10.

So how do you awaken Super Strike characters to get special level 15? I can't see any Dokkan awakening options for them. Got my Gogeta awakened and hit level 150 so I figure there's not much else I could be doing right now but farm these once I do a first run of any of the new missions. I have Vegeta at special level 10 but I can't work out how to take him any further. Which ones will I need for LR Goku?

Meneses

I don't play the japanese version so I don't really know, but I assume there will be a special event Super Strike at some point where we will be able to Dokkan them.

From what I understood, farming them now is just to be prepared in advance for when that happens and not having to farm them at that time (especially if the drop rate goes back to normal then).

I may be wrong though.

So how do you awaken Super Strike characters to get special level 15? I can't see any Dokkan awakening options for them. Got my Gogeta awakened and hit level 150 so I figure there's not much else I could be doing right now but farm these once I do a first run of any of the new missions. I have Vegeta at special level 10 but I can't work out how to take him any further. Which ones will I need for LR Goku?
The Dokkan for strike characters isn't out for global yet. Players are just preparing now to save time. You'll need to farm two copies of each strike character, one with SA 10 and one with SA 5. That way, once you can Awaken them both, you feed them to each other and get an SA 15 strike. At SA 15, you get some benefits, like Mecha Frieza will be able to super with 9 ki. Not all strike characters have their Dokkan yet. According to Reddit, you should prioritize these characters:

1. Android 16. Absolutely essential against Goku.
2. King Vegeta
3. King Cold
4. Mecha Frieza
5. Jackie Chun
6. Cyborg Tao (not released yet, I think)

StMeph

Super Strikes are not available in Global yet, but with the lag behind the JP version we're able to get a pretty clear map of what's going to be added in the coming months to allow for this kind of preparation.

You don't have to farm up the extra SA 5, but it's double drop rate now and will save you some Stamina/frustration later if you have the time for it now. I actually personally haven't bothered with the extra SA 5 and just farmed them all to SA 10. Still working on Trunks.

The Dokkan for strike characters isn't out for global yet. Players are just preparing now to save time. You'll need to farm two copies of each strike character, one with SA 10 and one with SA 5. That way, once you can Awaken them both, you feed them to each other and get an SA 15 strike. At SA 15, you get some benefits, like Mecha Frieza will be able to super with 9 ki. Not all strike characters have their Dokkan yet. According to Reddit, you should prioritize these characters:

1. Android 16. Absolutely essential against Goku.
2. King Vegeta
3. King Cold
4. Mecha Frieza
5. Jackie Chun
6. Cyborg Tao (not released yet, I think)

Ah thanks! Pity I picked the wrong Vegeta to get first. Oh well, I guess I should prioritize 16, King Vegeta, King Cold and Jackie for now then. For some reason I thought the process was way more hassle, something like getting one to SA10 and Dokkan then feeding 5 more Dokkan Awakened copies to that one. It shouldn't be as much of a grind this way at least. I think OPTC has conditioned me to extreme heavy grinds for special levels.

chrono01

I'm currently farming for Strike characters in-between Rank Up's. I'm trying for Rank 210 before the 3x EXP event ends (Rank 192 now). So fatigued though, I started this event at something like Rank 119. :/

chrono01

200 is enough for tournaments
Yeah, with stamina overflow now, I guess Rank 210 isn't really needed anymore (the perfect amount for two runs of the Tournament), and yet, I feel obligated to reach the goal regardless. ~_~

We'll see how my mental fatigue is once I hit Rank 200. I have the World Tournament to prepare for too, I can't burn myself out now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah, with stamina overflow now, I guess Rank 210 isn't really needed anymore (the perfect amount for two runs of the Tournament), and yet, I feel obligated to reach the goal regardless. ~_~

We'll see how my mental fatigue is once I hit Rank 200. I have the World Tournament to prepare for too, I can't burn myself out now.

Even before overflow 200 was fine. You'll have 118 stam and you'd recover the last 2 while doing two tournaments

MiTYH

On a rerolled Gogeta account, happy this can beat Might Mask regularly. Got him to SA10 already, just need 5 more then I'll move onto... Chilled? Tao? Not sure

linkent

We really need Treasure exchange update..

Nothing to farm now.. Guess i will get more TeqGoku for future LRGoku SA..

Discounted God Banner is back at 40gems.
Rate seems good, but I will skip it as I am looking for FPFrieza or Janemba which are not present.

denebj

Neo Member
I do not have Xeno Trunk but I am still farming the TEQ for is SA in case I pull Xeno... The drop rate is not good :-/ Take me a full stam - 129 , for like 2-3 drops max :-/

StMeph

I'm going to need a ton of awakening medals and about 11 million zeni for Xeno Trunks.

Tried rolling the GOD banner for TEQ SSB Goku and/or AGI SSG Goku and whiffed hard.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Feels bad, I got nothing to do since no Xeno Trunks so just going to spend the next 4 days gathering awakening medals. :(

MiTYH

Man, Tao just HATES dropping. I've got 91 stamina and have gone through about 4 refreshes (all natural/level ups) and still only have him at SA 7.

EDIT: Now thankfully at 9, those were two back to back successful runs. Might actually get him to 15 before this event ends.

EDIT 2: FINALLY done, took a bunch of stamina out of me though. Moving on to Kid Vegeta, since I've got the TEQ units (SSJ3 Vegeta and Dokkan Cell) but not the PHY to even scratch Chilled much. Is Kid Vegeta going to get to SA 15 eventually, or not?

StMeph

I *think* I have enough Trunks for Xeno. SA 5 so far with 14 more SR Trunks waiting on zeni to awaken, but I don't really want to farm any more. Seems like I might need to in case of a bad run though.

Edit:
Just got my 9th cell medal. He's going to be my first dokkan'd unit, pretty pumped about.

Cell was my first TUR as well, got me through a lot of dokkan bosses early on using a friend TEQ SSB to nuke. The damage difference isn't that substantial between Cell lead + 1 nuke lead vs. 2x nuke leads, at least not enough to thwart the strategy against anything currently in game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got my 9th cell medal. He's going to be my first dokkan'd unit, pretty pumped about.

LNBL

That moment when you find out you never actually did the Tao event, 3 stones !

Edit: -_- no stones for clearing the 3 stages

linkent

Yay, finally got the Teq one done to after getting STR done like 3 months ago; no more Videls for me.
Damn nice one.

Still dont have this Teq Videl on my account.
How do you get the medals for the 2nd Videl?
Baba shop? Or the event medals become farmable?

Those playing JPN, does all superstrike have the same requirement? Team cost Below 100?
Does it include friend captain cost?

Lagamorph

So I'm currently trying to grind out the Broly event, but it's still a bit hit and miss due to a lack of AGL Golden Frieza friends (As in, none at all. The one time I've gone in with a Golden Frieza was as a Guest). I'm currently using this team,

Leader: AGL Golden Frieza
AGL Super Vegeta
AGL Super Saiyan Trunks (Kid)
TEQ Legendary Super Saiyan Goku
AGL Big Ass Hope Goku
AGL Kaioken x3 Goku

Strategy is to basically get Big Ass Hope Goku out and Nuke Broly, but without a second Golden Frieza two full AGL boards isn't quite enough due to Goku's SA only being Level 1. I've had a little bit of luck with a friend AGL SSGSS Goku, with his +80% Super Passive, but that relies on him just happening to get enough AGL orbs to super without using orb changing items.

I've heard a few mentions that there's a way to 'reset' who gets the extra Ki from the Ki tiles before the boss. How does this work? If it's not a character I want to have it, how do I 'reset' it and get the person I want with the Ki instead?
Only managed to clear it three times so far, twice with SSGSS Goku friend, once with AGL Golden Frieza friend who made sure that two nukes was far more than enough to do it.

Meneses

Yeah, it's been months since i've seen the Saiyaman event. I've been buying medals from Baba shop, and I think some dropped from the tournament? At least some Frieza medals did for me.

Only need 2 more Bulmas to awaken TEQ Videl.

Lagamorph

You can probably get some from the current training event + Baba shop if lucky.

Sadly I need all my Stamina to grind out 3 more Broly medals for the PHY Broly, and then I'll need it for grinding out the strike events since I've got one of each of the characters, but all at SA1.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
OOh, SSJ3 goku from the guaranteed pull. Could have gone a lot worse.

Well, the good news,

The bad news, I've got no high tier STR training items left to get him up to level.

Do the end-game battles on Z-hard with maxed out characters and have him just off to the side. If it's still x3 EXP and you're a low level(like 120ish) every two fights will level you up and you regain all your STA.

Savitar

Finally done. It's really a shame all the art for everything is so low-res.

Also found myself with extra stamina/time, and remembered when this guy was my strongest AGI card in the early days, so capped him off too:

I've been wanting a hi res version for the iPad since I started playing on that. On the phone it doesn't look bad but on a tablet? The backgrounds really stick out.

StMeph

I've been wanting a hi res version for the iPad since I started playing on that. On the phone it doesn't look bad but on a tablet? The backgrounds really stick out.

At this point I doubt they want or care to update the game assets. I don't know why, though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
New super cards in jp. Kinda cool that the new SSB cards are nukers to pair with the old nuke leaders (new Phy Goku nukes with nuke lead PHY Vegeta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom