• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oy, RNG can be a cruel mistress. Decided to do the 40 stone discount pull for the God banner, and I got 2 banner SSR'S! - but they are the two shitty SSB Vegetas (Agi and Str)

Man their links are some next-level garbage. Was really hoping for a SSG Goku. Oh well

MiTYH

Oy, RNG can be a cruel mistress. Decided to do the 40 stone discount pull for the God banner, and I got 2 banner SSR'S! - but they are the two shitty SSB Vegetas (Agi and Str)

Man their links are some next-level garbage. Was really hoping for a SSG Goku. Oh well

Be happy you got anything -- I caved and pulled yesterday, only got SR trash

chrono01

Isn't SSB (STR) Vegeta getting a rebirth?

Anyway, as long as it's a new card, I'm happy. You never know when a specific "low-tier" card gets a rebirth and becomes amazing. Just look at Xeno Trunks!

chrono01

Havent looked at this in a while, is it possible to beat Z-Hard Brolly without units that bypass Ravage?
I did it with a double Gogeta lead and the AGL Kid Trunks to guard/disable Rampage on the turn Broly attacked (and a few other AGL characters to block, in case he did an Attack-All). I just alternated turns, so AGL Trunks, and the other AGL characters, were active on the turn Broly attacked, and then used my double Gogeta (on the other turn) to deal damage. If the turns don't sync up well, just use a Ghost Usher to fix things.

It worked well for me.

Meneses

Man, i've been unlucky the last couple tournaments. I have a 10 hour trip without internet access which means that it will probably be a lost day that I will have to make up with extra grinding.

20 wins a day is usually the most I can take before wanting to throw my phone at the wall.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well we were supposed to get one stone and a few other things from the 80 million downloads thing. Like it was supposed to start with this login, hopefully compensation is in order

Kettch

Managed to finish up the last 9 ranks to 150 at the last minute. I'm pretty happy with that, considering how casually I play the game.

Hopefully I can get myself to do the tournament this time, a short one should be easier to go in on.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hm, new summon banner for TUR characters, but no discount pull.
Think I'll hold my stones for Super Vegito.
And the missions that were added are way harder than those awakening medals are worth. Why aren't they the same difficulty as the earlier Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo ones? Not that it matters to me - I have none of those characters and aren't planning to pull on that junk banner.

MiTYH

Oh man, this is both the best and the worst that the hero extermination event is back.

PRO: On my rerolled account, it's free stones, good medals (Great Sayaman I need so many!), and AGL Whis who I love using for tourneys. Might have to spend a stone to get through the stage, but still, it'll be worth it

CON: On my rerolled account... I have like, no good units to use. Un-Dokkaned Cell is my lead, and all the strike characters I can farm I just awakened to get them somewhat useable (Tao, Kid Vegeta, etc) but it'll still be close when they start eliminating characters.

Still, happy it's back and for a while, since the tourney's right around the corner. Hopefully I can grab the AGL Whis by then

StMeph

I was kind of expecting some Mission rewards and/or another Elder Kai for finishing, but neither materialized.

Getting the medals for Gohan and Trunks before WT comes around should be pretty simple, but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish farming Whis, who's still sitting at SA 4 from the last time the event came around.

Tamanon

Banned
I can't do the event because my hotel's wifi is blocking the update dangit. Going home tomorrow so should be able to then. My villain team is preeeeetty good now and should be able finish the event finally!

Meneses

Welp, was thinking about awakening Gohan but I can't even make a dent on the first new Majin mission lol

Guess i'll just try to get Vegeta's medals.

Is the STR Vegeta also farmable or just Whis?

Welp, was thinking about awakening Gohan but I can't even make a dent on the first new Majin mission lol

Guess i'll just try to get Vegeta's medals.

Is the STR Vegeta also farmable or just Whis?

Both. And totally forgot about that! Will finish up what I had started with my two chars and perhaps go all in with the other two Whis I have as well.

AGI Golden Frieza and Janemba are a godsend in blocking these hard hitters. The Buu and Trunks levels weren't bad at all, but the Gohan one can be very rough if you don't have the right chars.

Savitar

Yeah, the 28th, IIRC. It was listed in the First Anniversary news post.

That answers that, well something to enjoy this weekend!

I got a pretty good team to smash through the pesky heroes, going to use AGI Frieza or Janemba to lead and if lucky someone will have the dokkaned Buu as well. AGI Frieza is a blocking machine.

Has the event for the medals to power up PHY Buu come and passed? I swear I saw someone with his powered up form. If it was him must have missed him during my time away.

Arrrammis

Trying to get those Gohan medals seems really not worth it, especially considering how weak the villain card are compared to the heroes.

StMeph

Hey if you see him use my AGI Frizea.

He's like villain protection extraordinary!

I'm running AGI Golden Frieza and INT Janemba as subs, so tanking has actually been okay. I'm trying to find ways to push more damage now to speed up the process. Maybe double AGI Golden Frieza to nuke them down would work.

Still, half the friends list is STR Broly, and the other half has stuff like TEQ Chilled and TEQ Android 13.

Trying to get those Gohan medals seems really not worth it, especially considering how weak the villain card are compared to the heroes.

Villians have some individually strong cards, but there isn't the same level of link synergy that you find on the heroes side because nearly all of the heroes are super saiyans, which naturally link together well. The other major loss is the lack of a unifying strong leader like Gogeta, though not necessarily with his leader skill, so the leads that people use are even more splintered.

denebj

Neo Member
For the Gohan I use:
- PHY Buu
- TEQ Buu
- AGL Golden Frieza
- TEQ Cell
- Broly
- Blue

I get a AGL Buu friend. I use the Buu synergy to heal, Frieza to Block , Blue to Stun
I use Dende / TOM / Usher / Whis

That seem to be working quite well, I barely use any item . Not much ki link though so TOM is useful.
Quite a drag for those medals :-/ Need 4 for my gohan

EDIT:
It is actually better to ply through using Broly, get a SA10 Broly and that's so much easier :) :)

Playing through the Heroes Extermination event and just noticed that I really don't have a lot of good villains lol. It's pretty much just patch work at this moment trying to get through the missions. I probably wont be able to beat the last four stages with my team.

Meneses

Playing through the Heroes Extermination event and just noticed that I really don't have a lot of good villains lol. It's pretty much just patch work at this moment trying to get through the missions. I probably wont be able to beat the last four stages with my team.

I beat the new stages once but it was too much of a chore without better cards. I was basically slowly chipping down their health while healing myself.

Definitely not fun.

Is the Hero Extermination Plan stage God of All Saiyans super easy, or is my team just boss? I use a TEQ Cell as a friend, AGL Buu as my leader, and TEQ Evil Piccolo, INT Turles, STR Broly, PHY Hatchiyack, and INT Cell. I only ever use like one sensu bean, two max. Nothing else :p. Two medals from awakening Goku.

edit: I jynxed it and had to use TWO senzu beans ;_;. But I bought three from baba...so I'm up, right?

edit edit: SCORE! I got two medals!

edit edit edit: For the PAragon of Justice it shows it drops the "Go Fourth! Hero of Justice!" medal of bulma. Does it also drop the Teen Gohan medal?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Big news: the rates for ALL current banners have CHANGED sometime in the last 24 hours.

~5% across the board, probably after maintenance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/4uov92/glb_rates_across_all_banners_are_dropping/

I strongly suggest avoiding any pulls. Wait for more details.
I just want to point out to people here because it's only futile here, but beyond futile on Reddit that Japan had their rates down to 5% until right before Super Vegito. Global doesn't fucking hate you.

Lagamorph

Just cannot beat the "In defiance of the heaven" stage. I can beat Goku easily enough, but then Beerus just spams supers and wipes me. My health is almost always below 50% when my AGL Golden Frieza comes out so his defence buff doesn't trigger, and healing doesn't help since the passive only triggers at the start of the turn before you can heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom