• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

So what do Bonus teams mean exactly. I went up against one composed of all DB characters which was pretty cool but I got zero idea what that did once the round was done.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So what do Bonus teams mean exactly. I went up against one composed of all DB characters which was pretty cool but I got zero idea what that did once the round was done.

Yeah I just had one of those as well, no idea what it actually did for me.

StMeph

Not sure what I'm going to do with the 10x TEQ Gokus being given out along the way to 80 wins this time. Upgrade a useless SSR to SA 10 hoping for a rebirth, or keep 1 and use the other 9 to raise a different Goku's SA?

ASSBUTTS! I wasn't paying attention to the battle because I supered with Broly. Turns out one of the enemies supered to and one shot me...and it was in the finals too i cri

Edit: Should I do the Fusions Beyond Ultimate" pull or wait until Super Gogeta returns as a pull?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I just hit 40 wins.

MoPXvPb.jpg

Arrrammis

ASSBUTTS! I wasn't paying attention to the battle because I supered with Broly. Turns out one of the enemies supered to and one shot me...and it was in the finals too i cri

Edit: Should I do the Fusions Beyond Ultimate" pull or wait until Super Gogeta returns as a pull?

Don't pull on the current banners, the rates are way worse than the last few banners.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I stopped playing dokkan battle back during the resurrection F event (before the first tournament came out), joined with a new account during the anniversary special a few weeks back, so this is my first tournament.

How are people getting so many points so fast? There's like 100K people ahead of me in the rankings. Are they just gemming for stamina refills?

Tamanon

Banned
I stopped playing dokkan battle back during the resurrection F event (before the first tournament came out), joined with a new account during the anniversary special a few weeks back, so this is my first tournament.

How are people getting so many points so fast? There's like 100K people ahead of me in the rankings. Are they just gemming for stamina refills?

Yup, and you get more points for beating better teams(more URs and the like).

Arrrammis

Yeah, people spend stones to refill stamina. If you're high enough level and/or don't rush to 80 wins, you should break even or even make a profit on stones. The real way that so many people get points fast is using STR Broly. His super attack hits all opponents, so people just make a team designed to give him as much ki as possible, then one-shot the entire enemy team in one attack. It really makes the rounds go quickly, for me I can get 4-5 wins per hour. It really does suck that success in the WT is so dependent on one single character though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Consdiering I'm only like rank 35, do you guys think I should wait for spamming for tournament wins until the next tournament? at rank 35, my stamina isn't that high, so my stamina per gem isn't that high, either.

Tamanon

Banned
Consdiering I'm only like rank 35, do you guys think I should wait for spamming for tournament wins until the next tournament? at rank 35, my stamina isn't that high, so my stamina per gem isn't that high, either.

I'd just pace yourself, don't go for 80 for sure. Maybe at least try to get to Lord Beerus tier for the SSR GT Goku.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Damnit people. Put away your Gogeta's and bring back your Broly's.

It's tournament time and daddy needs his Attack All.
I'm facing the exact same problem - I had so many Brolys on my FR and they've all disappeared in favour of Gogeta. I'm snatching up any Brolys I can find.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
You guys run into any Gogetas in the tourney? I haven't seen any at all!

Non-stop. Seeing 3/4th of opponents with Gogeta leaders and half my friend list is Gogeta.

I actually removed Gogeta from my team in favor of an orb changer and Broly as leader. I get a tiny less points but Broly is supering more often and I got tons of friend requests from other Broly leaders to fill up my list.

Arrrammis

I would say that you should definitely wait before you go really hard in the tournament. Try aiming for 6 wins at least, that will get you 1 SR, 1 SSR (TEQ Super Saiyan Goku), and 15 silver DB saga tickets, which can get you some really good characters which a lot of people use in the most difficult missions, like General Blue or Launch. 6 Wins will also get you 8 stones, or 11 stones if you gain enough points to reach King Chappa tier. Keep in mind that each win costs 60 stamina assuming you don't lose any fights and can be pretty difficult, so don't rush to get a bunch of wins. You'd end up spending way more stones than you'd need to.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The Brolys are more scarce and I'm seeing more friend requests than ever, maybe except the first WT with him.

There's still a good amount, but I've never had to use my actual Broly friends in WT before this.

Non-stop. Seeing 3/4th of opponents with Gogeta leaders and half my friend list is Gogeta.

I actually removed Gogeta from my team in favor of an orb changer and Broly as leader. I get a tiny less points but Broly is supering more often and I got tons of friend requests from other Broly leaders to fill up my list.

Wait, team set-up get you more points?

Yeah, your team's overall Team Cost matches you against opponents with similar Team Cost. Beating URs net you more points so higher cost means you have more URs to take down.

ah okay. The highest cost I can get is 184 right now :p. I was using a 165 do 19 points make a big deal?

chrono01

I'm facing the exact same problem - I had so many Brolys on my FR and they've all disappeared in favour of Gogeta. I'm snatching up any Brolys I can find.
Same here.

They're probably running Gogeta (as leader) + Broly as a sub, which is kind of stupid, since Gogeta benefits Broly in no way, since Broly gets +3 Ki to STR with his leader skill, and Gogeta's spot would be much better used for someone who actually provides Broly with Ki support. :/

I can understand everyone running Gogeta leads when the Majin Vegeta/Xeno Trunks rebirths hit, but not right now.

Just realized that I had 3 silver tickets left over from a past tournament, so top 20k will give me the same rewards as top 10k. May be time to slack a little!

BrunoM

Man there are things that just mind fuck me ... I mean I have a broly and a "broly team" what I mean is broly +3ki to himself then every other UR on my team is a +2ki so broly always comes out to 7ki minus the times 2 brolys come out then there only 5ki ...

Ok I run beans as my only healing item other than that I have str puar lunch that is plus random ki ( minimum of 1ki ) and 2 other +ki items ...

Its a long weekend here in toronto Canada had today off I have finished every other WT on top 1500k but never had a full day to go at it .. so I been doing so I'm at 40 wins I can not calculate or see how it's posible at the 10H mark there was 80 wins up already fuck there's people with over 100 wins and those that only show 80 wins are grinding the prelims like crazy ...

The time x wins doesn't add up you would have to be finishing full wins in about 8~9 mins I looked all over youtube to see if I saw anything like that and even the so call big youtubers don't come close ..

(Even tho at the end of the WTs they have the wins but never on any video) ..

Any ways that was just a little rant had to get it out .. something doesn't add up

But any ways I'm gonna stop at 40 that's more than enough for one day lol

So the WT is a real PITA now that you can get struck an OHKO at any turn with all these Gogeta's around. I'm debating just not bothering to be honest. 2 fails an 1 win when this used to be a breeze with a way worse team.

Savitar

Got a GT SSR Goku for reaching so far.

Noticed a lot of people in the top has KFC in their name, a group or clan or one guy I half wonder.

Tamanon

Banned
At 25 wins, probably eek out a 26th after coming back from the bar. I start a new job on Monday, so want to get really close to 80 at least by the end of the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom