• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Just got back from a date:

Average person: "Dang, she could've came back to my place if I put more effort."
Me: "FIFTY WINS!"

Being on vacation really sucks if you are out doing stuff. Stuck at 20 wins for the near future till Tuesday. Thankfully have most of Monday and Tuesday to make up for it.

How are ya'll getting so many wins? Are you using DSs?

Also, through the previous WTs I was using my Elder Kais to up my Broly SA to 10. It's at 7 atm, was it worth it or did I waste precious Elders?

Kettch

Yeah, using stones, though I think I'm pretty much even due to all the rewards.

And it's not really worth upping Broly's super, since he one shots everything in the WT at level 1.

Arrrammis

How are ya'll getting so many wins? Are you using DSs?

Also, through the previous WTs I was using my Elder Kais to up my Broly SA to 10. It's at 7 atm, was it worth it or did I waste precious Elders?

Yup, you gotta spend dragon stones to get 80 wins in the time you have, unless you are ridiculously high leveled and have 200+ stamina. You get 20-30 stones for getting 80 wins+ Beerus tier, so if you have 120 stamina (rank 210), you can go straight to 80 wins using 40 stones, ending up only 10 stones short. If you take in to account the normal refill time, you can break even pretty easily.

Broly's super level can be helpful for some events (being able to do massive damage to everyone in that hero extermination event is extremely helpful), but it doesn't really make a difference in the tournament, since the highest health a single enemy can have is about 17,000 (Gogeta has 10k health, +7k if they have a kid Buu leader). You'll one-shot everyone despite type advantages.

Yup, you gotta spend dragon stones to get 80 wins in the time you have, unless you are ridiculously high leveled and have 200+ stamina. You get 20-30 stones for getting 80 wins+ Beerus tier, so if you have 120 stamina (rank 210), you can go straight to 80 wins using 40 stones, ending up only 10 stones short. If you take in to account the normal refill time, you can break even pretty easily.

Broly's super level can be helpful for some events (being able to do massive damage to everyone in that hero extermination event is extremely helpful), but it doesn't really make a difference in the tournament, since the highest health a single enemy can have is about 17,000 (Gogeta has 10k health, +7k if they have a kid Buu leader). You'll one-shot everyone despite type advantages.

Ah, I prefer to save my stones for banners since I'm F2P. I'm waiting for Gogeta to come back so I currently have like 40 stones.

I mean more in terms of for Events, like does increasing his SA help significantly in any of the dokkan events, or strike events?

Arrrammis

Ah, I prefer to save my stones for banners since I'm F2P. I'm waiting for Gogeta to come back so I currently have like 40 stones.

I mean more in terms of for Events, like does increasing his SA help significantly in any of the dokkan events, or strike events?

I think at SA 10 his super does about double the damage that it does at SA 1, so it's noteworthy. However, it's probably still better to put your elder Kais into a nuker, like TEQ Perfect Cell or AGI Gotenks, since their supers get more mileage against the dokkan bosses so far.

I'm also F2P, and I always feel like the tournament is the best use of stones. If you're able to get 80 wins and stay in the top 10k, you guaranteed 2 SSR's plus whatever tournament SSR's are being awarded. Plus, in the current tournament, they give you TWO guaranteed SSR tickets at 80 wins, plus a total of 3 tournament exclusive SSR's. If you don't mind spending more time doing a repetitive task, you'll get way more for your stones when doing the tournament. Here's how I think of it:
Dokkan event summons: 50 stones for 1 SSR (maybe)
Tournament: 0-20 stones and some time for 3 or more SSR's

Meneses

Keep in mind that the Tournament's 80 wins give you at least one SSR, which you may not get from Banner summons - unless it's a Guaranteed SSR banner, obviously.

The Banner potential for pulling multiple good cards is there, but so is the potential for disappointment (as I very well know :( )

Of course, doing a banner pull is much less boring than grinding the 80 wins...

edit: what Arramos said :p

ooo that's fair. I guess I'll do it next tourny, considering I'm only rank 120 I don't think it's worth it. I'll do it when I have enough almost STA to do the Tournament twice over(with the remaining STA needed to do the Final again being filled up by the time I get there a second time)

Arrrammis

ooo that's fair. I guess I'll do it next tourny, considering I'm only rank 120 I don't think it's worth it. I'll do it when I have enough almost STA to do the Tournament twice over(with the remaining STA needed to do the Final again being filled up by the time I get there a second time)

You should go for a few wins this time at least, you can get SSR TEQ Super Saiyan Goku pretty easily (10 or 20 wins I think) plus a ton of stones. If you can get up to 5,000,000 ranking points (which seems like a lot, it's not too bad in the grand scheme), you get SSR STR Goku (GT). This tournament has way better rewards than any other tourney so far, so even if you're not going all-out, you'll get some good stuff for just participating.

You should go for a few wins this time at least, you can get SSR TEQ Super Saiyan Goku pretty easily (10 or 20 wins I think) plus a ton of stones. If you can get up to 5,000,000 ranking points (which seems like a lot, it's not too bad in the grand scheme), you get SSR STR Goku (GT). This tournament has way better rewards than any other tourney so far, so even if you're not going all-out, you'll get some good stuff for just participating.

O yeah I definity participate and make sure I don't have my STA filled(except between my sleep and me waking up). I got 7 wins so far, and I'm close to the 7 DS point award(like 100k points).

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
gphJvBU.jpg

Guess I don't need to worry about farming hero extermination to dokkan Hot White Face-Off Goku now.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Currently at 55 wins, with heaps of time left. What I'm not looking forward to is the final day being my first day back at work for the week. It's much better when these finish on Monday nights (my time) so that I can easily grind right up til the end. Hopefully this doesn't hamper me being sub-2.5k like I usually am...

I think at SA 10 his super does about double the damage that it does at SA 1
A Super at SA1 does 200% damage, whereas a Super at SA10 does 290% damage.

I hate the banner rate for the SR pull. I keep getting launch! I have like 5 of her...

also I'm so mad, I accidently used a DS to refill my stamina(I was half-asleep :( ) and then I leveled up when I had 35 STA left from the refill so that's the preliminary and quarterfinal gone i cri

denebj

Neo Member
So I am at 79 wins and I see that you get 2 gold tickets for 80 but I thought you could do an silver pull as well? So 3 GSSR?
But I have 4 on 5 silver ticket. I should have had 5 right?? Is that weird??

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So I am at 79 wins and I see that you get 2 gold tickets for 80 but I thought you could do an silver pull as well? So 3 GSSR?
But I have 4 on 5 silver ticket. I should have had 5 right?? Is that weird??

No. You earn four silver this tournament through mission rewards. So if you had any silver tickets before you could do 3 GSSR before the tournament rewards are distributed.

Tamanon

Banned
50 wins. Should be up to 65 tonight most likely, taking a break.

It's just suuuuuuch a grind, just Gogeta/Gogeta/Gogeta/Gogeta over and over again.

Savitar

Is it me or does it feel more competitive this tournament?

I missed the last one but the last two before it felt more easier to advance.

Tamanon

Banned
Is it me or does it feel more competitive this tournament?

I missed the last one but the last two before it felt more easier to advance.

At 50 wins, I'm barely at 10K right now. It's definitely more competitive because the rewards are better, and many more people have good teams when they got the reroll chances.

denebj

Neo Member
No. You earn four silver this tournament through mission rewards. So if you had any silver tickets before you could do 3 GSSR before the tournament rewards are distributed.

Aaah OK :) Thank you!

Did the 80 pull, got dupe PHY ssb Vegeta and a new AGL Goku GT - Not very exciting lol

Finally got 80 wins. That grind was odd this time feel more burnt out but probably cause I didn't spread out wins over entire tournament. Now just gonna do a few preliminaries every few hours to keep up with rank. Got two new ssr cards from Silver tickets and then first gold gssr ticket. Last ticket was a dupe and not even a good dupe. Android 18 int
At least I got angry Kamehameha goku and teq ssj2 goku that will get rebirth in Japan soon. Still one ticket left from rank rewards. Would like one of the god cards like teq godku or physical vegeta ssb. Rest time relief.

Kettch

Gold tickets got me PHY SSBardock, which is pretty good, and AGI SSGSS Goku, which I'm less excited about. Can't complain about 2/3 good pulls.

LNBL

Didnt go for it with this tournament. Can't bring it up to grind without a broly or majin vegeta, tired of it😭. Hopefully the MV dokkan comes soon

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You know, I don't get why people are saving these Gokus for LR Goku, grinding for the free one seems way better.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You know, I don't get why people are saving these Gokus for LR Goku, grinding for the free one seems way better.

Takes longer, and takes more medals/zenny. The zenny doesn't matter as much but the medals do. Also the card they're giving us is terrible so might as do something worthwhile with it

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Takes longer, and takes more medals/zenny. The zenny doesn't matter as much but the medals do. Also the card they're giving us is terrible so might as do something worthwhile with it
Meh 1 Supreme Kai medal is worth more than everything else needed otherwise to me, and I hate 50%, but I guess his importance is devalued as fodder for me since I already had 9 URs ready beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom