• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I got in the end from this tourney:

INT Demon King Piccolo (new)
TEQ King Piccolo (new)
PHY Kami (new)
STR Goten (dupe)
INT Android 13 (dupe)
PHY Weight of Hope Goku (new)
AGL Gotenks (dupe)

Then a new INT Vegito from the discount pull. Can't complain really.

EDIT: 2 more Kamis after spending the rest of my DB tickets just now. :D

flak57

If you guys are looking for ideas...

This team + SA 10 Cell friend worked great
phZHows.jpg

The first time I ran this + SA 10 Gogeta and it was good too

Most of those guys reduce damage

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm currently 5/14 medals required, but goddamn if this ain't a tough fight. I'm using TEQ SS2 Goku as Leader, TEQ SSRs in the rest, and using all my items each time.
Edit: 6/14. This is the team I'm going to use on my next run, as long as a TEQ Failed Gotenks shows up as a Friend. Otherwise, I'll swap Vegito out for Mighty Mask and go back to using the free Beerus Friend, and nuke with the SS Goku.

MiTYH

*runs Vegeta event*
Oh nice, he's dropped 2/2 times, this is gonna be easy!
*drains rest of stamina without drops*
Welp....

Haven't taken a look at the new event for medals yet, I just need his SA up first. Happy the event's here until the 12th though. Already gotten 4 drops total, just waiting on a refresh now. Easy enough with an all TEQ team

Also the Bardock event is back until the 17th. That's good, get some decent drops there for this new account I'm running

3 Gold DB tickets, got:
- My 4th SR TEQ Bunny Bulma this tourney (outrageous).
- SR TEQ Mutaito (Rainbow text hype, then letdown)
- R trash

EDIT: Can someone clarify this: For the new SA event, I can train him to SA 10, then dokkan him, then train another SR to SA 5 dokkan that, train together and he'd be max, right?

StMeph

TEQ Paikuhan has been MVP so far in the Vegeta Super Strike. The stacking ATK debuff is legit. Now I kind of wish that I'd farmed his SA.

Can someone clarify this: For the new SA event, I can train him to SA 10, then dokkan him, then train another SR to SA 5 dokkan that, train together and he'd be max, right?

Yes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Thought I would be slick bringing in an unawakened AGL Gold Frieza dupe as a tank, Gogeta to nuke and a bunch of R Teq units. The Saibamen were the hardest part.

StMeph

And wasn't too hard nuking with TEQ Cell.

Is that a big enough nuke without even 1x SSB Goku? Your team cost is already at 92, so I assume you use failed Gotenks friend leads; that means +6 ki, +3000 ATK for Cell, and even with a full board converted that's just +276% attack.

Savitar

Got all dupes with my tickets, nothing new at all, total disappointment. Ah well, at least got Gogeta up to SA 8 now.

Going to need to look at the Vegeta event now.

Is that a big enough nuke without even 1x SSB Goku? Your team cost is already at 92, so I assume you use failed Gotenks friend leads; that means +6 ki, +3000 ATK for Cell, and even with a full board converted that's just +276% attack.

Yeah, it's not true "nuking," but is still pretty fast without much hassle with the Kamehameha link skill kicking in as well. Not really trying to wait for a friend to put TEQ SSB up if I don't have to.

I got STR Majuub for the GSSR. I wanted an int character cause I have so many INT R characters to feed them. O well eat well Majuub!

Also o dear at the Vegeta fight...my team cost was like 92 lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I remember seeing on Reddit that you don't actually need the 14 medals. You just need to dokkan one at sa10, then feed the zawakened SR at sa5 and if it works all 5 will go through.

MiTYH

I was about to start complaining about drops in the Vegeta SA, but just realized I'm at 7/15 and I only just started this morning. Hopefully by tomorrow I can start working on the medals, and by mid-weekend be done with this

Woop! Done and done.

28666725832_5ec69c2db8_z.jpg

Time to farm Whis again! Also if you have TEQ Uub, his +1500 hp for every TEQ orb is super useful in this Super Strike.

A mostly TEQ DB team with Jackie Chun, King Piccolo, Oolong, Mutaito, and Bulma isn't too bad to have as well since you'll be throwing Supers for days.

PoqyoQU.jpg

easy pickings

I don't have SSJGSSJ TEQ Goku, nor do I have gildo. I do have the rest though. The greens I have are

Mighty Mask, Videl, Krillin, Chilled, stage 1 cell, Android #13, SSJ Goku(limitless strength), SSJ Goku(LSS), Vegito, Freiza(final form) and King Piccolo.

Edit: forgot about the other SRs

Great Saiyaman, Dr. Lychee, Uub, Mutaito, Oolong, Jaco, Hercule, SSJ Goten(kid), Android 17, Beerus, Trunks(kid), Goku, Jackie Chun, Trunks(xeno), Gotenks Failure B.

Edit edit: -beats Vegita- "that wasn't too ba-" -Goes SSJ "FUCK ME!"

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't have SSJGSSJ TEQ Goku, nor do I have gildo. I do have the rest though. The greens I have are

Mighty Mask, Videl, Krillin, Chilled, stage 1 cell, Android #13, SSJ Goku(limitless strength), SSJ Goku(LSS), Vegito, Freiza(final form) and King Piccolo.

Edit: forgot about the other SRs

Great Saiyaman, Dr. Lychee, Uub, Mutaito, Oolong, Jaco, Hercule, SSJ Goten(kid), Android 17, Beerus, Trunks(kid), Goku, Jackie Chun, Trunks(xeno), Gotenks Failure B.

Edit edit: -beats Vegita- "that wasn't too ba-" -Goes SSJ "FUCK ME!"

Lol

Shanlei91

Was messing around with different teams. Just beat him with an AGL nuke. Definitely the most fun I've had with the game in a while.

MiTYH

Ok, I'm going back to bitching about drop rates.

Yesterday I managed 10 Vegeta drops. Thought, okay, I can finish this early tomorrow and start working on medals.

200 stamina later (thanks to a level up near the end), I have 3 drops. Outrageous!

2 more, then it's medal time

Shanlei91

So it's just 7 medals, awaken a SA10 Vegeta, then feed him a SA5 regular for 100% chance to make a SA15 Super Vegeta?

I just noticed I have 9 medals and want to make sure I don't need to collect more.

So it's just 7 medals, awaken a SA10 Vegeta, then feed him a SA5 regular for 100% chance to make a SA15 Super Vegeta?

I just noticed I have 9 medals and want to make sure I don't need to collect more.
If you don't awaken the SA5 Vegeta also, it's a 50% chance.

linkent

You need to dokkan that SA5 too. Regular awakened is 50% i think.
So 14 medals.

MiTYH

Soon what's a good team to take on the new vegeta? Is it just hoping for a nuker and going nuts with it? Or are there reliable team otherwise?

freaking hate how medals are not guaranteed why the fuck do I go through all this shit for some training items? Waste two senzus, two dendes, and an usher for crap!

Soon what's a good team to take on the new vegeta? Is it just hoping for a nuker and going nuts with it? Or are there reliable team otherwise?

Looks like everyone is doing a TEQ Cell nuke and using randoms to fill up slots

Meneses

I've just been hoping for a SSB Goku to show up on my friends list, that's how i've been beating it (and with Teq Goten to also change orbs).

Without a nuker, I haven't beaten Vegeta yet (I actually even lost a couple times with SSb Goku).

Meneses

freaking hate how medals are not guaranteed why the fuck do I go through all this shit for some training items? Waste two senzus, two dendes, and an usher for crap!

Do you mean the Vegeta ones or the transcended URs from Villains event?

I think the super strike medals are guaranteed (at least I got 7 for my 7 wins).

The Villain medals on the other hand, though... :/

Shanlei91

For Vegeta I have two teams that work consistently well. The one I use depends on which friend or guest shows up. The core of each is these three:

UR Piccolo
Videl
Chiaotzu

Piccolo for blocking and his special that only needs 8 ki to launch lowers attack. The passive of the other two is -25% attack.

Team 1 is for when SSGSS Goku pops up. In that case the major focus is me bringing UR SS3 Vegeta. Three supers using green orbs takes out Vegeta's second form.

Team 2 is for when there's no Goku but instead a TUR Cell. Instead I bring characters with super sealers and the focus is on getting Cell to do all the damage as well as soak up damage keeping him and Piccolo separate. This fight is longer hence the need to bring super sealers. May need to use a senzu or two here if it goes on for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom