• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
For anyone still needing it, I left my TEQ SS2 Goku as Leader - +30% ATK and HP to TEQ and +2Ki to TEQ for the Passive. Cost is 26, but he was my Nuker in my runs and never failed me :)

BrunoM

For those still needing and on my list I left my Teq TUR cell SA5 up as leader for who ever needs it .. if you guys running the ssgss teq nuke leader the cell will one shot Vegeta

Goddammit. If you use a DS you should be guaranteed a medal. I used a DS because i wanna get trunks awakened before the event ends, I was one hit away from killing em so i used a DS. Useless training items, fdsjghsdigdsg

120 trunks done. I can't do Gohan because my villains suck for that one :(.

I've used to many DSs for continues why can't they just make me watch a video or something ;-;

30 stones? Let's go.

Just did the pull and....

3a0.gif

MiTYH

Pulled on the 30-banner, got SSR SSJ2 Trunks (Teen), then a bunch of SRs

EDIT: Apparently got STR Videl that Dokkans into Saiyaman. So now that's 3/4 of them, REALLY need that even to come back

Been trying to finish grinding up 10 of the AGI Whis and I love how survivable a villains team is. AGI Buu + AGI Golden Freeza + INT Janemba + one of those as a friend. Only have to pay a minimal amount of attention to positioning.

MiTYH

I think I have to call it quits trying to get a team for Vegeta. The strike comes back, right?

I've got a Dokkanable TEQ Cell, but no medals yet. barring that, best team I can make is
- Awakend Mighty Mask (leader)
- Goten (agl-> rainbow)
- Jaco (free stun)
- Bunny Bulma
- Videl (for -25% atk passive)
- Awakened Uub (mostly because his SA is 6 and he links with Cell)
- Then use a friend TUR Cell with a high SA

I had an entire board of all green orbs thanks to items. TUR Cell got it, blasted away... about half HP. I couldn't survive to the next wave (though I did cash in a dragon stone, shaaaaaame).

I'm hoping I'm in better straights next time he comes around, I just can't handle this event yet. Which of course means pain when Tao comes along... vicious cycle

Meneses

I don't know if it helps, but my team was:

- Leader Skinny failed Gotenks SSR
- Teq Uub SSR to recover some HP but I hardly ever used him because I was saving orbs for SSB Goku, so any other TEQ would do
- Goten for the orb change (only SR)
- Teq Bulma SSR
- Teq Whis UR (hardly ever used to attack, could have probably used a different one)
- INT Bulma to try and stun but I hardly ever managed to Super, so I should have used General Blue instead (I would have to reduce Team Cost for that).

Friend, always SSB Goku, which would be the main attacker. It usually took 2 and "a half" attacks, counting the chipped in Supers from the other cards.

Unless I was lucky with the orbs, I always used up all my items: 2 Senzu, 2 Dende, 2 Usher and sometimes Green Oolong (which saved my ass a couple times), other times King Yemma.

I could have probably put together a better team, but in the end the only essential cards were Goten and SSB Goku.

I stopped when I got 7 medals, and I did lose a few times.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think I have to call it quits trying to get a team for Vegeta. The strike comes back, right?

I've got a Dokkanable TEQ Cell, but no medals yet. barring that, best team I can make is
- Goten (agl-> rainbow)
- Jaco (free stun)
- Bunny Bulma

I had an entire board of all green orbs thanks to items. TUR Cell got it, blasted away... about half HP. I couldn't survive to the next wave (though I did cash in a dragon stone, shaaaaaame).

I'm hoping I'm in better straights next time he comes around, I just can't handle this event yet. Which of course means pain when Tao comes along... vicious cycle

If you're going to change orbs to nuke use a nuke lead as a friend. Friend cell doesn't help with this

- Goten (agl-> rainbow)
- Jaco (free stun)
- Bunny Bulma

Use SSB Goku as a friend if you can. His leader ability and cell's passive is what you want when you nuke.

I use my SSB TEQ Goku as lead with SSR TEQ Goten, SSR TEQ Chilled, A random R awakened from N, Bunny TEQ Bulma, SSR Chaotzu as my main team.

Grab another SSB Goku friend and you get 60% percent per orb. Just nuke with SSB, you don't even need Cell and his ridiculous 42 cost.

StMeph

Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken dokkan fest coming thank God.

Hoping for a regular SSGSS dokkan

The SSB nuke leads don't need a Dokkan awakening, but SSBs AGI Goku and AGI/STR Vegeta definitely need a refresh. A small stat boost, Fierce Battle, and one of the Ki links (probably Shocking Speed) would be enough to make them attractive for current meta use, especially in mono-AGI Super Vegito teams.

In that sense, AGI SSB Vegeta getting the Dokkan would be way more useful than STR SSB Vegeta, because a new-meta STR lead would be likely to use/want OIAF units, of which there are a ridiculous number in STR, so stacking AGI would be most useful since SSBs pair best together, and the best home for them is on a Vegito team.

Of course, knowing all that, either:
1. Only Goku gets the Dokkan treatment
or
2. STR Vegeta gets the Dokkan over AGI Vegeta​

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think it makes more sense to give them Ready For War since the nuke leads had them

Also there's good reason to figure that the new card is going to be a link machine. The Kaioken cards had over in a Flash and Shocking Speed. Some ssb cards had ready for War. The new card will have super saiyan and the TUR link guaranteed

Its just ssgss lol. They changed the name to super saiyan blue because it was easier to say.

ah. Honestly, ssgss is the stupid name ever. Why not SSG 2? It's like calling SSJ2 Super Super Saiyan or something...

I'm assuming there is a second phase to the Gohan medal event(there's always a goddamn second phase!) if there is, what type are they? Do they stay AGL or do they switch it to INT to fuck up the TEQ?

JJP12

ah. Honestly, ssgss is the stupid name ever. Why not SSG 2? It's like calling SSJ2 Super Super Saiyan or something...

I'm assuming there is a second phase to the Gohan medal event(there's always a goddamn second phase!) if there is, what type are they? Do they stay AGL or do they switch it to INT to fuck up the TEQ?

I think it's 2 STR and 1 AGL. They're the SSRs that released with Broly.

k so i beat em once. Took 2 senzus, 2 orb changers to red(brolys attack does massive dmg, and it killed em all when he had dokkan mode activated despite them all having roughly 50% health). I used AGL buu as leader and friend for lots of health, and then final form frieza TEQ cell INT golden frieza INT(the one you get from mecha frieza) broly(obv) and Hatchiyack(my only phy villain). i think I can do it, but I'd need lots of RNG onmy side, namely good red orbs to do broly ults.

Edit: Beat three times got two medals. Had to use a DS the third time because I wasn't able to close the app in time once I saw the dmg :(

linkent

Another AGL lol.
No translation on reddit, will update for the stats.
Seems to be 100% all stats but dunno whether it is All type or AGL only.

Update by /u/afuturenurse
Leader: AGL HP ATK & DEF +100%
Super: Immense damage, receive minimum of 5% damage to your HP
Passive: For first 10 turns, ATK + 20,000 and DEF +10000
Links: Super Saiyan, Warrior Gods, Kamehameha, PFB, OiaF, Shocking Speed, Fierce Battle

Do damage to own HP?
Those links are crazy good.

StMeph

The new Kaioken SSB has Super Fierce Battle, so it's a TUR Dokkan, not a Rebirth, which is a different link skill.

In the News about JP's 80 Million Celebration banners there's also separate art used for the card, which *might* be the base version of the card pre-Dokkaning.

So annoying to use ushers, senzus, dendes, and sometimes STR purr to get some shit training items. It seems like every other win is a medal...

Anyone got a Agl BUU TUR? The 70% health combined with my 50% buu gives me around 150k health which helps tank the ults.

HOLY SHIT! Cancel the buu request, who has TUR TEQ Cell?! Fooking used orange spheres got perfect, and one shoted SSJ Gohan like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet!

Gohan is TUR woo!

Anyways, is it worth getting White Hot face-off SSJ Goku to SA 10, or should I just dokkan awaken him to SSG?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Leader- AGL,STR,PHY Atk and HP +30%
Passive- 100% atk when supering

New links- Prepared for Battle/Ready for War, Super Fierce Battle

Leader- 33% teq characters per teq orb
Passive (I'm assuming)- changes rainbow to teq, and ATK +30%

New link- Super fierce battle

Love the art for the AGL dokkan. Problem is that he directly compete's with the new AGL SSGSS, since they have the same name and type.

chrono01

Leader- AGL,STR,PHY Atk and HP +30%
Passive- 100% atk when supering

New links- Prepared for Battle/Ready for War, Super Fierce Battle

Leader- 33% teq characters per teq orb
Passive (I'm assuming)- changes rainbow to teq, and ATK +30%

New link- Super fierce battle

Love the art for the AGL dokkan. Problem is that he directly compete's with the new AGL SSGSS, since they have the same name and type.
Of course the one Saiyan God I have of these cards (STR Vegeta) isn't getting anything.

It figures.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I was caught up on my all of cards dokkaning I didn't realize that the PHY Nuker SSGSS didn't receive a dokkan awakening. Oh well.

Also there's a Champa card and he has the Over 9000 link

Ferga

I haven't pulled a SSR on my jp account for almost 5 months now. pretty sure i've used at least 900 stones.

It's only a side account to see new events and all but holy shit at my bad luck...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
TEQ is very good but functionally will do the exact same it does now. He just hits harder now. I'd say the AGL has improved a ton and would put him over the TEQ now. He's comparable to TUR SSJ3 Goku, in some ways a little better, and in some ways a little worse. Before he wasn't close to that card

StMeph

The problem with the old AGI SSB's refresh is that he has the same name as the new SSBKK10 Goku, so you can't run both together, or they would otherwise be amazing link partners. Assuming one has both, you'd never run the old one if you own the new one.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They would be ok linking partners, but not as great since the old one has the ROF links still. Funny thing about the new SSGSS is that his links are basically STR SSG's if he got a dokkan fest. Assuming they got rid of Awakening of the Pioneers for the TUR link.

StMeph

They would be ok linking partners, but not as great since the old one has the ROF links still. Funny thing about the new SSGSS is that his links are basically STR SSG's if he got a dokkan fest. Assuming they got rid of Awakening of the Pioneers for the TUR link.

It's the Kaioken part that's sharing all of the major Ki links in game, same as AGI Kaioken Goku.

And as for SSB + SSBKK linking... assuming 3-6 Ki from your leaders and Prepared for Battle adding another 2... you really don't need to activate his full suite to get any more Ki. Ki is great, but once you hit 12 any more than that is totally wasted, and you want +Damage at that point.

denebj

Neo Member
Good for those that has the old AGL SSB !! People where doing some math and beside the ki link the TUR AGL SSB is not that far off the Kaioken in term of damages . Which is great if you have it, you do not necessary need the new Kaioken :)

I have the TEQ Nuke so at least that good.

Also the rebirth of the TEQ SSJ2 Goku looks real good !! Too bad I do not have him :-O

I would not be surprised to see the next dokkan to be Vegeta dokkan, so that they can TUR the AGL SSB and the Nuke PHY SSB I have both so that would be fantastic ahahah And that would be a logical approach.

I am surprised that they did not decide to do a dokkan for Whis -:/ That should have come right after Beerus !!! The INT and TEQ would need a nice upgrade :-o

They should release rebirth a little bit faster rather than pounding the dokkan fest :-/
This is almost a little bit alarming aahahah They released couple of major cards in like a month, Vegeto / Broly / SSJ3 Gotenk / Kaioken . People wallet cannot follow that :-O.

They are some older SSR that definitely need some more love - They would not make money on that since it is not a dokkan but still !

I am looking forward TURing my PHY Ult Gohan :) I have been waiting for that !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom