• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

I agree that the game's getting to a point where it's running out of brand new content to mine since it's more or less caught up to Super. It was pretty perplexing that they rushed out all of these new meta-dominating cards in such a short span of time.

The best thing they could have done, and can still do, is to alternate between new releases and major refreshes of old cards. That way there's always something going on, and you can make people want/pull old cards again.

Savitar

You see news about these cards and it really does hit home that you really have no real need to do summons. It's best to just wait and save up things until the time comes. Then try your luck, everything until then is going to be out powered anyways.

StMeph

The only cards between now and Super Vegito/PHY Broly worth considering are SSJ3 Vegeta and SSJ3 Goku (GT), and even then those two hinge on seeing what the mono-STR lead is.

Hopefully it shows as depressed sales from being aware of the coming power creep and causes Global to go overdrive and catch up faster.

Savitar

For a moment you got me excited thinking that was on global and didn't realize it.

But hey they are advertising Ultimate Gohan's dokkan event is coming.

how are you guys beating him? He does 17k dmg when he supers in stage 1 and over 25k in stage 2 and I only get 36k health :/

Edit: This game always does this to me. I FINALLY manage to complete something, then they shut me down in the very next thing </3. I get TUR Broly, can't hurt Gogeta. I get TUR Trunks, can't touch Gohan. I get TUR Gohan, Vegeta obliterates me. DAMMIT BANDAI NAMCO!

how are you guys beating him? He does 17k dmg when he supers in stage 1 and over 25k in stage 2 and I only get 36k health :/

Edit: This game always does this to me. I FINALLY manage to complete something, then they shut me down in the very next thing </3. I get TUR Broly, can't hurt Gogeta. I get TUR Trunks, can't touch Gohan. I get TUR Gohan, Vegeta obliterates me. DAMMIT BANDAI NAMCO!

Fix your team properly. If you don't have a good UR for a type, just substitute a SSR. SSRs honestly aren't that bad, some of them are even better than some URs.

SnakeEyes

Banned

My team for victory was:
- TEQ UR SS2 Goku as leader (+30% HP and ATK)
- TEQ UR Vegito (+25% ATK for all allies)
- TEQ SSR Failed Gotenks
- TEQ SSR SS Goten (changes AGL orbs to Rainbow)
- TEQ SSR Xeno Trunks
- TEQ SSR Piccolo
- TEQ SSR Failed Gotenks as Friend (for +3 Ki to TEQ)

Items were the usual:
- Senzu beans
- Dende
- Ghost Usher
- King Yemma

It was basically just the usual mix of absorbing damage from the turns with 1-2 attackers, and then using Ghost Ushers/Yemmas/Healing to mitigate damage and then heal back up when you're low on health. Just the usual Dokkan Fest strat, and I got him maxed out at 15 on the 2nd day.

LNBL

I used
Lead: SSR mighty mask for the +3 teq ki
Sr failed skinny gotenks just for the +2 ki with my vegito
UR vegito
SR ssj goten changes agl spheres to rainbow and gives a boost to a SSB goku!
SSR mutaito for sealing supers and he gets +2 when linked with bunny bulma
SSR bunny bulma ^
Friend: SSB goku who changes rainbow spheres to teq, so goes nicely with ssj goten

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

What TEQ characters do you have?

Shanlei91

I hope they cycle through some of the old events again, like Bojack and RoF, just for stones and medals. I will admit that it's silly playing through Bardock on my rerolled account. Double Gogeta one shotting bosses who were a pain a year ago.

A few. I'll post a pic when I get home

I used
Lead: SSR mighty mask for the +3 teq ki
Sr failed skinny gotenks just for the +2 ki with my vegito
UR vegito
SR ssj goten changes agl spheres to rainbow and gives a boost to a SSB goku!
SSR mutaito for sealing supers and he gets +2 when linked with bunny bulma
SSR bunny bulma ^
Friend: SSB goku who changes rainbow spheres to teq, so goes nicely with ssj goten
Hmmm. I used to have bunny bulma, can't find her. Hope I didn't accidentally feed her to someone
I hope they cycle through some of the old events again, like Bojack and RoF, just for stones and medals. I will admit that it's silly playing through Bardock on my rerolled account. Double Gogeta one shotting bosses who were a pain a year ago.
Yeah. Also Android #13 and hero of justice or whatever

LNBL

Damnit ended up without any stamina left and only 6 trunks awakening medals -_- no stones either.

Dunno why I gave up after the event just came out and losing once, reshuffeled my teams and it made it rather doable. The super strike vegeta was a perfect addition for the trunks stage with the +3 ki to agl and teq.

Well will have to wait for the event to come back

StMeph

Pretty tempted to roll an alt JP account, but there's no way to run both Global and JP on iOS simultaneously without jailbreak, right?

Edit: apparently not... okay I might make an alt account on JP to play with the new OP stuff

MiTYH

Any additional reason to farm the bardock, frieza or vegeta from the event? Other than having them at sa 10

Have you gotten Vegeta to show at all? I got Frieza up, but Vegeta only spawned once when I wasn't doing Zhard and couldnt get to him

LNBL

Have you gotten Vegeta to show at all? I got Frieza up, but Vegeta only spawned once when I wasn't doing Zhard and couldnt get to him

Have focused on Bardock earlier, i'll try and see if Vegeta pops up. In the Last Battle (or stand?) he has not atleast.

These
7PyW2i4.jpg

E6aJfOE.jpg

MiTYH

Have focused on Bardock earlier, i'll try and see if Vegeta pops up. In the Last Battle (or stand?) he has not atleast.

I've been going with Prince Vegeta's Planet. Finally got him to show ONCE (King actually), and got him. First copy, and I think that's it for me. Too much stamina wasted on a random drop.

Super Strikes come back, right? For when LR Goku comes around? I didn't get my medals this time, but I hope to TUR my cell before the next go-round.

Shanlei91

King Piccolo for +2 to teq passive and 10% Super stun
Videl for -25% AGL damage passive
SS Goten for orb changing
Oolong for 20% Super Stun
Mutaito for Super Seal

Then for leader either go with a double +3 ki lead, for more chances at sunning and sealing supers, or lead with Android 17 for -Teq ATK (make sure Videl isn't skipped a round as it will stack and reduce Vegeta's damage heavily) paired with a +3 ki lead friend. If possible, try to nab SS3 Vegeta as a friend - only +2 ki but then you'll have a heavy hitter.

It'll be a long drawn out fight due to lack of damage but unless you get unlucky you should be safe with those units to make sure Vegeta doesn't dish out much damage.

Alternatively you can swap out Oolong for Vegito and make your +3ki lead failed Gotenks, making sure they stay together each turn and the next turn making sure Mutaito and Piccolo stay next to eachother, with the focus having Vegito and Mutaito supering.

LNBL

Picture is more clear than my text i realized:

h2u0wqo.jpg

You can almost build the same team, except for the bulma. But the king pic mentioned by Kanik seams a good replacement!

I went with a SSB goku as i said before and if positioned properly after ssj goten he will turn rainbow orbs into Teq and dish out a lot of damage. By having ssj goten on position 1 he will change Blue orbs into rainbow, thus setting up SSB goku. Good luck!

mikenoob

Neo Member
Pretty tempted to roll an alt JP account, but there's no way to run both Global and JP on iOS simultaneously without jailbreak, right?

Edit: apparently not... okay I might make an alt account on JP to play with the new OP stuff

You can run both separately without jailbreaking. They're separate apps. You have to make a Japanese iTunes account and download the Japanese app.

Some people have gotten in but the Gohan event is apparently bugged. He has no damage reduction at all and we can't take advantage of it. :(

NOOOOO! I missed out on farming Gohan easily! :(

Oh well, I have some great Buu, in fact I have all the good ones so it shouldn't be hard building an anti Gohan team.

+3 PHY Ultimate Gohan here I come! Also AGL one as well. Maybe INT if I pull it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom