• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the Buu event how good/bad is this team?

pIyhFFj.jpg

Should I go with this or should I change a character for someone else?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The Pinnacle of Evil Golden Frieza, Irreversible Judgement Beerus, Pinnacle of Rage SSJ Goku, Merging Destinies Majuub, Saiyan Power Unleashed SSJ Goku(GT), An Exciting Adventure Goku (Youth), and Convulsing Rage SSJ Goku

Definitely swap out Krillin - the Supreme Power passive isn't going to save him if the last form Buu hits him.

I would put in Beerus because he'll hit like a truck if his passive goes off. That AGL Goku could be could for doing a lot of damage if he has the supreme power link and a lot of orbs but that Buu fight restricts orbs due to candy. Also you'll now only have one other guy (Uub) with the link. Keeping them together means little chance of a STR character to block. I would swap out Goku for Saiyan Power Unleashed
Super Saiyan Goku (GT). Mostly for links.

As a friend you could go with either AGL Buu for a longer fight with more survivability or Gogeta for more damage. If you do go with a Gogeta friend, it might be worth making Turles your lead for 5ki on all your guys. That means if you pair Turles next to Gogeta in a turn, both will have 9ki increasing your chance of a stun and hard hitting super.

I have a AGL Buu if you need it, i've been keeping it as my leader so I can mindlessly farm Gems:

Thanks, but ima do Gogeta because he takes out like two bars when he dokkans.

I love you guys, just beat Buu without using a single item. RNG was massively on my side(everytime Turles ulted, it stunned Buu).

Lol. Second time so far and I survive the first two hits with 1 health! I wanted to take a picture but third buu hit me so i had to quit :[
OOOO it's because of the pinnacle rage Goku. I would have been K.Od but his passive lets you survive if you have over 30% health.

I really need to read things more lol...

Welp, just had to use a DS to revive for Buu. First time in four successful battles in a row :(. It's my fault for being cheap, I had 13k health and still had a Senzu(out of over 150) and two dendes(out of like 80) but I thought I'd be able to take the final Buu hit(I had 13k health) he did like 14k or sumtin :(! I couldn't close the app quick enough. Sad times.

Hmm I have 232 stones, no more f2p story stones. To pull or not to pull. Majin Vegeta would be nice, but my luck on pulling is dog shit.

I have the feeling I'll get whis/beerus/buu/ssb vegeta/trunks if I do get a ssr. Most of the ssr in this pool is shit.

LNBL

It's finally happening! Sticked with this account because i pulled SSJ3 goku, ultimate Gohan and Majin Vegeta in one pull a several months ago and I knew Vegeta would get a dokkan. Now i will finally be able to run a tournament like all the Broly users ;_;

Meneses

579 gems atm. 18-5 is decent. I'll have my Gohan in 2-4 days.

That's what i've been doing when I get a Gogeta friend, it has a decent-ish Pilaf rate. If there's no Gogeta, I stick to Turles (which hasn't brought me much luck, though).

I haven't tried that stage yet, stuck mostly with 16-4. Worried my team is too weak. What's a recommended team/what do you use?

I have a solid team, AGI Buu leader helps me not having to care about most things, then it's all PHY with SSB Vegeta, Gotenks, SS2 Gohan, Bardock, Stun Goku. But to be honest I mainly just wait for Gogeta's turn, so you can probably do it without a great team.

Nuking with Vegeta would probably be faster but that means having less HP and having to actually pay attention to the other fights and possibly use items, so screw that :p

Savitar

I need 407 gems myself to get Gohan. But I've not been spending DS on playing the same thing repeatedly, tried a bunch of pulls.

I regret everything still.

Meneses

OMG! It's happeningggggggggggggggggggggg!

Btw, do any of you close the app if you see the damage would K.O you, or do you take that K.O out like a champ?

Congrats!

It depends on the stakes. If it costs a lot of stamina, if i'm trying to get medals, or if the fight is a pain in the ass or too long, I close it and restart.

If it's a random fight I don't bother, I just take it and try again.

Shanlei91

Is the entire internet punking me with the whole "best stage to get gems" thing? I just did 18-3 on Z-hard 12 times and Pilaf did not show up once.

I only did that during the Tournament a couple times.

Congrats!

It depends on the stakes. If it costs a lot of stamina, if i'm trying to get medals, or if the fight is a pain in the ass or too long, I close it and restart.

If it's a random fight I don't bother, I just take it and try again.

I think I started doing it during Tournies then it moved into doing it during the Broly fight and then did it in the Buu fight. I did it in the new stories too, but only when I was close to killing em and they do some ult of 20k. Their health pool is so large I don't wanna have to do it over

Savitar

Is the entire internet punking me with the whole "best stage to get gems" thing? I just did 18-3 on Z-hard 12 times and Pilaf did not show up once.

He may or may not show up.......and then you got to land on him, he's super easy to kill but yeah if you get him or not is the question. Each boss also has chance to drop stones too is the main drawing point besides that. You can get anywhere from one to nine or so.

Shanlei91

He may or may not show up.......and then you got to land on him, he's super easy to kill but yeah if you get him or not is the question. Each boss also has chance to drop stones too is the main drawing point besides that. You can get anywhere from one to nine or so.

Ya, I saw him pop up a ton as I was finishing up all the new quests. But today was the first day I started actually grinding and got 0-6 stones a run. Had more luck farming Whis.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's what i've been doing when I get a Gogeta friend, it has a decent-ish Pilaf rate. If there's no Gogeta, I stick to Turles (which hasn't brought me much luck, though).

I have a solid team, AGI Buu leader helps me not having to care about most things, then it's all PHY with SSB Vegeta, Gotenks, SS2 Gohan, Bardock, Stun Goku. But to be honest I mainly just wait for Gogeta's turn, so you can probably do it without a great team.

Nuking with Vegeta would probably be faster but that means having less HP and having to actually pay attention to the other fights and possibly use items, so screw that :p
Nuking can vary on 18-5 because of the stop fight. The first time I tried the stop fight was only 2 people and easy. Second time was 4 and no one died

Been using the same team below for 18-5. Just having the stunners on each turn or Broly in general make the stop fights too easy. Whis is even easier with Gogeta, Gohan, and Frieza eating him up in 2-3 rounds tops. If for some reason I don't have a stunner during a round against Whis, either AGL Frieza, FP Frieza, and Gohan can block.

Thanks to the subreddit, I've been using this team for 18-3:

29087864055_4267debbdb_z.jpg

Hardly ever use any ushers or healing items because of the #1 stunners. :3

EDIT: Yay! Full INT Prepared for Battle team!

29103834076_358b79b99c_z.jpg

I haven't tried that stage yet, stuck mostly with 16-4. Worried my team is too weak. What's a recommended team/what do you use?

Basically you want to use PHY team, but not a complete one. Whis is Int, but this stage forces you to fight fodders sometimes and they hit about 12k per hit. Imagine 5 of them.

Oh yeah, Whis does about 26-28k on neutral units and about 70k+ with supers on neutral units.

Meneses

I am unreasonably excited to collect Vegeta medals tomorrow.

Same here, this card has been with me since my first day and I had no idea it could become one of my most useful characters.

I wonder if it's as strong as Broly in tournaments? Would it be useful to buff up his SA?

Shanlei91

At SA1, both of them are able to wipe out a World Tournament team with one super. Buffing their SA is only for content outside of that where there are multiple enemies. i.e. I think a Broly with max SA can one shot every enemy in quest 18-3 where as a SA1 Broly can't.

Majin Vegeta is better in the sense that in other content, his super has a chance to stun and he has over in a flash and golden warrior as links. So put him next to a character like Gogeta and get +4 ki. Where as Broly only has two +1 ki links and one of them is only shared with like like three other cards.

Meneses

At SA1, both of them are able to wipe out a World Tournament team with one super.

Majin Vegeta is better in the sense that in other content, his super has a chance to stun and he has over in a flash and golden warrior as links. So put him next to a character like Gogeta and get +4 ki. Where as Broly only has two +1 ki links and one of them is only shared with like like three other cards.

Thanks!

I hope the event is not too hard lol

Tamanon

Banned
Heroes side of the event is so much easier with the heroes having so much better link skills and support for each other. You just can't use your Frieza or Janemba blockers, but the tradeoff is that you tend to hit a LOT harder.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Jeez, after a day of being emotionally drained due to the untimely death of DrDrizzay from DestinyGAF, I need some light relief in the form of Dokkan Battle.

In that vein, Maintenance is up for the next 1hr 45mins. Hopefully we don't have any delays/bugs this time.

Jeez, after a day of being emotionally drained due to the untimely death of DrDrizzay from DestinyGAF, I need some light relief in the form of Dokkan Battle.

In that vein, Maintenance is up for the next 1hr 45mins. Hopefully we don't have any delays/bugs this time.

I hope we do if only for a couple stones but I know what you mean.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Was randomly thinking, but Xeno Trunks is the worst WT AoE since Saiyan teams are the most common, Majin Vegeta probably has the edge over Broly since you might come across troll AGL Buu teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom