• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkent

People farming 18-5, are there rainbow spots?
I farm and change around 18-3/18-5.
Rainbow spots no longer available, think it is limited on each map.

There seems to be timing or some maths behind pilaf spawn rate(ie not random).
Spent 1 energy bar for 0 spawn on 1 map, or 3/4 consecutive appearance for some.
So if i have full bar, i would use 2/3 tries on 18-5, if there is no spawn, i change to 18-3.
If similarly no spawn, i go to 17-4.
Usually will meet him and then consecutively appearing afterwards.

I swear this game hates me. So I start the 18-5 on Z-hard, see Pilaf and go yes! So I start mapping out my moves to get to him. He's 7 spaces away, I have a 4 and 3. Allisgood.jpg. I use the four, go up, and land on a "?" mark and get on a nimbus...GOD. DAMN. YOU. NAMCO!

Meneses

I swear this game hates me. So I start the 18-5 on Z-hard, see Pilaf and go yes! So I start mapping out my moves to get to him. He's 7 spaces away, I have a 4 and 3. Allisgood.jpg. I use the four, go up, and land on a "?" mark and get on a nimbus...GOD. DAMN. YOU. NAMCO!

Yeah, that happened me once too, they really are trolling.

The good news is that now you know that you have to avoid that spot :p

edit: that nimbus can sometimes prove useful in avoiding some Stop fights, though.

Why? You still have a chance to get like 2 or 3 gems from betting Whis.

It's only been about over a week since gems started, I collected over 1200 gems already. I'll save myself some time by skipping. Much more time efficient to just skip for me. I also don't plan on buying everything, so I'm almost done.

It's only been about over a week since gems started, I collected over 1200 gems already. I'll save myself some time by skipping. Much more time efficient to just skip for me. I also don't plan on buying everything, so I'm almost done.

Not really, because you waste STA then have to wait for it to refill lol. Might as well do the level which will allow some STA to refill while you're busy with the level. If you have other things to do and wanna get it over with, yeah quitting is more efficient. But I usually just do it while watching shows :p. I haven't really been farming em, I got an Elder kai then like four 5 gem items(to get the missions done and get 2 DSs) so I'm sitting at about 300 gems.

Edit: I'm also using Whis as a means to train some guys, so more incentive for me heh. I suggest if you have some lower guys you wanna beef up to just replace one guy and go face Whis. He tends to give enough XP for a character in their 70s to go halfway to the next level.

Not really, because you waste STA then have to wait for it to refill lol. Might as well do the level which will allow some STA to refill while you're busy with the level. If you have other things to do and wanna get it over with, yeah quitting is more efficient. But I usually just do it while watching shows :p. I haven't really been farming em, I got an Elder kai then like four 5 gem items(to get the missions done and get 2 DSs) so I'm sitting at about 300 gems.

Edit: I'm also using Whis as a means to train some guys, so more incentive for me heh. I suggest if you have some lower guys you wanna beef up to just replace one guy and go face Whis. He tends to give enough XP for a character in their 70s to go halfway to the next level.

What else am I going to use the stamina for though. I done everything in the game. Story grinded all the gems, finished most of my strike grinds. Most of my main team is maxed levels. There is literally no point in staying in a pointless fight.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What else am I going to use the stamina for though. I done everything in the game. Story grinded all the gems, finished most of my strike grinds. Most of my main team is maxed levels. There is literally no point in staying in a pointless fight.
You train your non-main team? Got every single PHY chara maxed (20) so far thanks to Whis.

MiTYH

I know it's not the biggest achievement, but for me, this is huge. The first Dokkan event I could clear, and, even though I'm out of Ghost Ushers basically, this is one step towards endgame content for me!

d7BQu4s.jpg
CU4SvBP.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I know it's not the biggest achievement, but for me, this is huge. The first Dokkan event I could clear, and, even though I'm out of Ghost Ushers basically, this is one step towards endgame content for me!

You can pretty much steam roll though everything right now, besides Gohan when it comes back proper. And the villains event.

Congrats on breaking the game! :p

For real, though, double Gogeta leads break almost the entire game apart from WT's

You kidding me? This is huge. Dude, Super Gogeta steamrolled Broly & Buu for me. Seriously focus on uping his SA as much as possible, especially since his super ignores character types.

You can pretty much steam roll though everything right now, besides Gohan when it comes back proper. And the villains event.

Right? Even though the event was bugged it was still challenging at times, I'd hate to do it in its full power. I got 30 medals from it, so unless they add more Gohans that can be awakened using those medals I'm good.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Right? Even though the event was bugged it was still challenging at times, I'd hate to do it in its full power. I got 30 medals from it, so unless they add more Gohans that can be awakened using those medals I'm good.
I'm so glad I went the distance to get all 30 medals - I shudder to think what that fight'd be like without being able to use the powerhouse team that I did.

For real, though, double Gogeta leads break almost the entire game apart from WT's
I, for one, will be looking forward to the next WT to really see how many people'll be rolling with Majin Vegetable in their teams.

Meneses

I, for one, will be looking forward to the next WT to really see how many people'll be rolling with Majin Vegetable in their teams.

I will be having him as leader, time to pay it forward for all those Broly Friends and Guests that helped make my tournament grind a little more bearable.

HOLY ASS! So Apparently I just hit Consecutive log-in bonus 365. Dear lord the items! I'm try my luck at single-pulling Gogeta since I don't really NEED Vegeta, but it'd be nice to have. Gogeta on the other hand is pretty much a must so I can steamroll everything. WISH ME LUCK GAF!

Edit: SSJ3 Vegeta, Neil, Chiaotzu. Is SSJ3 Vegeta any good?

Edit edit: Ooo new Bulma event for support items. Finally, that 10 support item mission will be completed!

MiTYH

You kidding me? This is huge. Dude, Super Gogeta steamrolled Broly & Buu for me. Seriously focus on uping his SA as much as possible, especially since his super ignores character types.

Thanks! He's at SA7 currently. With the upcoming WT and some Baba gems I should be able to get him to 10 quick enough.

I didn't realize the young bulimia support stage was back. Took some time farming some gold items to restock a bit. Hopefully I can grab the last 2 Goku medal for Coora from the villain event tomorrow, then take some time farming gems, which I've been lax on since I gave all my stamina spirit-bomb style to gogeta

I found that stage with Frieza + Saiyans is dumb because they all super and you can't kill them with Majin Vegeta so I'm farming Whis now. It sucks how they only give you 7 gems for killing the entire team too.

I will be having him as leader, time to pay it forward for all those Broly Friends and Guests that helped make my tournament grind a little more bearable.

A lot of people will lead with Gogeta since Majin Vegeta's leader skill isn't much to write home about, its mainly the OIAF link you want for Majin Vegeta. Either 2 Gogeta or a Broly for more chances to super. I'll put up my Majin Vegeta once I get my 80 wins.

SnakeEyes

Banned
A lot of people will lead with Gogeta since Majin Vegeta's leader skill isn't much to write home about, its mainly the OIAF link you want for Majin Vegeta. Either 2 Gogeta or a Broly for more chances to super. I'll put up my Majin Vegeta once I get my 80 wins.
That's what I'm planning to do - I replaced SS3 Vegetable in my team with Majin Vegetable for the Multi-hit, but am keeping Gogeta as leader. Maybe there'll continue to be a run of Brolys in this WT as well.

Meneses

Yeah, the leader skill isn't the best but i'll probably keep him there anyway so other people can make use of him.

Especially since this tournament feels underwhelming and I don't really mind if I don't get 80 wins or a high score.

I found that stage with Frieza + Saiyans is dumb because they all super and you can't kill them with Majin Vegeta so I'm farming Whis now. It sucks how they only give you 7 gems for killing the entire team too.

Yeah it's dumb. I do the stage with This because I almost never need to use a support item, and pilaf shows up at a decent rate.

I'ma have my Broly up for the WT if anyone needs him.

MiTYH

FINALLY got the last medal to dokkan Coora. Enough of that stage, took too long.

I guess it's gem farming time? Been neglecting it. But I dont think I'm quite ready for 18-5, just yet.

Lord Phol

Are any of the current summon events worth spending stones on (increased SSR chance and gogeta)? I recently started playing again on a new file (just a few days before the tournament ended) and used some stones on the 2x fusion multi-summon (the one for only 30 stones) and also the free SSR anniversary one. Not sure what other summons events are worth taking a chance on but I got about 70 stones atm and could use some better ssrs.

Also does it make a difference whatsoever if you single summon instead of multi-summon?

For reference this is my roster:

Are any of the current summon events worth spending stones on (increased SSR chance and gogeta)? I recently started playing again on a new file (just a few days before the tournament ended) and used some stones on the 2x fusion multi-summon (the one for only 30 stones) and also the free SSR anniversary one. Not sure what other summons events are worth taking a chance on but I got about 70 stones atm and could use some better ssrs.

Also does it make a difference whatsoever if you single summon instead of multi-summon?

For reference this is my roster:
Usually yeah, as you're guaranteed a SR or better. With a Majn Vegeta banner it makes no difference since you're guaranteed a SR with single pulls. With that said outliers exist on which I got only SRs with a multiple of the Gogeta banner, and a SSR SSJ3 Vegeta when I did a single pull. Some people here got Gogeta through single pull I think

MiTYH

Usually yeah, as you're guaranteed a SR or better. With a Majn Vegeta banner it makes no difference since you're guaranteed a SR with single pulls. With that said outliers exist on which I got only SRs with a multiple of the Gogeta banner, and a SSR SSJ3 Vegeta when I did a single pull. Some people here got Gogeta through single pull I think

Good logic, just did two single pull on Majin since I hadn't done any on it/

First got SR TEQ 1st form cell (with anti-dokkan gohan ability). That'll come in handy

Second went rainbow text, got me... SR Tien. Well, they can't all be winners

Lord Phol

All right thanks! Think I'll start off with some single pulls and see what that gets me :).

Edit: Did a single pull on each and got SR Krillin and SR Chiaotzu xD. Said fuck it and did a multi Dokkan pull. Got this guy:

My first Z-Tier so pretty happy about that :).

All right thanks! Think I'll start off with some single pulls and see what that gets me :).

Edit: Did a single pull on each and got SR Krillin and SR Chiaotzu xD. Said fuck it and did a multi Dokkan pull. Got this guy:

My first Z-Tier so pretty happy about that :).

Told you there's outlier :p I got him on a single-pull lol. I got all giggity because I thought it was gunna be Gogeta/Majin Vegeta(I don't remember which banner he was from). But he is really good, I like him and he links well with Gogeta

Edit: Are SRs important at all? Like I know some are, like Kid Trunks(helps a lot against Broly) but are there any others? Aside from ones that can be DAed, of course. I have like 100 of em and I don't wanna spend more DS to expand my character slots.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Edit: Are SRs important at all? Like I know some are, like Kid Trunks(helps a lot against Broly) but are there any others? Aside from ones that can be DAed, of course. I have like 100 of em and I don't wanna spend more DS to expand my character slots.
Yes, they are because of the Team Cost limit requirements in the Super Strike events. As you mentioned, the AGL Kid Trunks is essential for some stuff, but also the TEQ SS Goten and the INT SS Trunks can actually dokkan later on into a SSR Gotenks too.

INT Chiaotzu and TEQ Jaco are some of the most useful as they have a guaranteed "stun all enemies" during their first charge. Orb changers and damage reducers on guard are super useful as well.

MiTYH

Finally getting to Gem Farming, I can see the appeal because of the gem stops and simple boss, but all the other random mini-boss stops are annoying, basically guaranteeing I use an item to stay alive.

Meneses

I was farming Turles for a while, trying to increase my INT Turles SA, but 4 times yielded no results so I said screw it.

I'm having some luck with 17-6 Hard for gems now, so i'll see if I can get to Gohan, at least.

INT Chiaotzu and TEQ Jaco are some of the most useful as they have a guaranteed "stun all enemies" during their first charge. Orb changers and damage reducers on guard are super useful as well.

Yes, they are because of the Team Cost limit requirements in the Super Strike events. As you mentioned, the AGL Kid Trunks is essential for some stuff, but also the TEQ SS Goten and the INT SS Trunks can actually dokkan later on into a SSR Gotenks too.
Yeh I know some are useful which is why I didn't wanna sacrifice em just yet. Good call on orb changers, forgot about em. Smh reducers would help with the Dokkan events since the bosses usually hit pretty hard. I don't think I got Int Chiatzu :(. I got TEQ SSJ Goten too, he's like SA 3 because I pulled him a lot lol. I might have Int Trunks not 100% sure. When I get home I'll show you my SRs and lemme know which others to keep. I can't keep using my storage need to save for pulls and not getting Gogeta

Savitar

This tournament should be easier due to things like WoW: Legion being out and the fact School/College/Uni is starting and oh yeah, who knew it was coming.

Also that Buu with Gohan absorbed that got mentioned earlier:

Majin Buu (Ultimate Gohan Absorbed) - Countdown to Despair
Leader Skill: INT types Ki +3, HP and ATK and DEF 70%UP
Passive: For each Ki orb +12% ATK & Heal 3000 HP
Super Lv 1~4: (Super Kamehameha) Immense Damage
Super Lv 5~9: (Bais Shout) Immense Damage, Lowers ATK and DEF
Super Lv 10: (Bais Shout) Immense Damage. There's a 30% chance that it will change to a "Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack" which is Immense damage, lowers ATK and DEF and raises the Super ATK multiplier by a large amount .

Links:
Majin (ATK +1000, DEF +1000)
Big Bad Boss (ATK & DEF +25% when HP is 80% and below)
Metamorphosis (Recover 5% HP)
Shocking Speed (Ki +2)
Kamehameha (ATK +2500 when Super ATK is launched)
The Wall Standing Tall (Foils enemie's "True Power" and boosts ATK by 15%)
Fierce Battle (ATK +15%)

SnakeEyes

Banned
This tournament should be easier due to things like WoW: Legion being out and the fact School/College/Uni is starting and oh yeah, who knew it was coming.

Also that Buu with Gohan absorbed that got mentioned earlier:

Majin Buu (Ultimate Gohan Absorbed) - Countdown to Despair
Leader Skill: INT types Ki +3, HP and ATK and DEF 70%UP
Passive: For each Ki orb +12% ATK & Heal 3000 HP
Super Lv 1~4: (Super Kamehameha) Immense Damage
Super Lv 5~9: (Bais Shout) Immense Damage, Lowers ATK and DEF
Super Lv 10: (Bais Shout) Immense Damage. There's a 30% chance that it will change to a "Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack" which is Immense damage, lowers ATK and DEF and raises the Super ATK multiplier by a large amount .

Links:
Majin (ATK +1000, DEF +1000)
Big Bad Boss (ATK & DEF +25% when HP is 80% and below)
Metamorphosis (Recover 5% HP)
Shocking Speed (Ki +2)
Kamehameha (ATK +2500 when Super ATK is launched)
The Wall Standing Tall (Foils enemie's "True Power" and boosts ATK by 15%)
Fierce Battle (ATK +15%)
So it's still confirmed that the next WT starts this week? Even though we haven't gotten a news update yet about it?

Durden77

Lol, just downloaded this after not playing for like a year. I played it for a long time when it came out, probably at least like 4-5 momths and never got a SSR. now they give me one for free off the bat. And they have a guaranteed SSR summon event.

Well, at least that's better. Dunno if I'll stick with it again but I'm checkin it back out. Kinda bummed that all my previous data is gone, but oh well. Least I didn't spend any money.

Edit: Looks like they made some good changes to the UI, like finally being able to change your team on the battle screen. Thank god. That kind of stuff really drug on me after a while. Hopefully there's a lot more of that. Also why did a picture of Goke show up andbit said "Bye Guys" like when he dies in the Cell Saga on my summon?

idonteven

Lol, just downloaded this after not playing for like a year. I played it for a long time when it came out, probably at least like 4-5 momths and never got a SSR. now they give me one for free off the bat. And they have a guaranteed SSR summon event.

Well, at least that's better. Dunno if I'll stick with it again but I'm checkin it back out. Kinda bummed that all my previous data is gone, but oh well. Least I didn't spend any money.

Edit: Looks like they made some good changes to the UI, like finally being able to change your team on the battle screen. Thank god. That kind of stuff really drug on me after a while. Hopefully there's a lot more of that. Also why did a picture of Goke show up andbit said "Bye Guys" like when he dies in the Cell Saga on my summon?

bye guys gives you a good card (ssr)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom