• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice! I want that trunks so bad. or any trunks, really. still have yet to pull one ;_;

i'm pretty excited for the jpn gt event

Will send you some energy when you the banner pops up.

give-energy-to-goku-o.gif

Here's my current setup for JP so far but I just can't seem to beat some of the events. I think I need a few more support characters to be more effective like tanks and stunners.

screenshot_20160903-0x0kcz.png

screenshot_20160903-0dyk73.png

good thing that he is super easy to defeat :p

heh yeah, which is why I made the joke that the real difficulty came from the horrible drop rate.

I'm up to 3 medals on 8 tries now. This is rough.

4/9. Now 4/12. Son of a gun.

You're more than halfway there, don't worry. If it makes you feel better medals are guaranteed when you do dokkan strike events like Broly, Cell, Kid Buu, etc. I'm not sure about the super strike(100 team cost limit) since I never did em, but I assume they're guaranteed too.

You're more than halfway there, don't worry. If it makes you feel better medals are guaranteed when you do dokkan strike events like Broly, Cell, Kid Buu, etc. I'm not sure about the super strike(100 team cost limit) since I never did em, but I assume they're guaranteed too.

Hell yeah. Kept going, ended up 4/14. Then I went 2/2 and somehow had two drop in my last one. So I got 4 in 3 runs. This'll be my first Dokken UR thing on this Buu. Pretty excited.

Savitar

Man have Gogeta at SA 8 and you get a free request near every day but if you get him at SA 10 due to hitting 365 days and getting three old Kai's (one went to Majin Vegeta in his dokkan form to get SA8) and suddenly boom, friend request out the wazoo.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Man have Gogeta at SA 8 and you get a free request near every day but if you get him at SA 10 due to hitting 365 days and getting three old Kai's (one went to Majin Vegeta in his dokkan form to get SA8) and suddenly boom, friend request out the wazoo.
Maybe it has something to do with rank because at rank 306, nobody sends friend requests anymore. :(

Hell yeah. Kept going, ended up 4/14. Then I went 2/2 and somehow had two drop in my last one. So I got 4 in 3 runs. This'll be my first Dokken UR thing on this Buu. Pretty excited.
Damn, I was never lucky enough to get two. I got two with Trunks or Gohan idr which. Congrats though! TUR Majin Vegeta is a beast.

Lol Same thing happens to me when I have Broly as my lead. Have him up during WT and everyday I have a buttload of FRs

I'm one away right now. I'll be damned if this thing wraps up and I don't get it

Damn that is some commitment. How many tries did it take you so far?

Maybe it has something to do with rank because at rank 306, nobody sends friend requests anymore. :(

Do you still get your FL expanded at that rank?

linkent

Finally bought all the characters from Baba except elder kai.
Took faster then i thought.
But..... What the fug with the awakening medals distribution.
Everyone of them require Gregory.
Here I am sitting at 999 of the other 2 medals.

Finally bought all the characters from Baba except elder kai.
Took faster then i thought.
But..... What the fug with the awakening medals distribution.
Everyone of them require Gregory.
Here I am sitting at 999 of the other 2 medals.

Sell to baba 50 each. Thats 50 points and you get them back so fast. You'll never need more than 300 medals anyways unless you get 10 SSRs in a row or something.

Meneses

So we really skipped the tournament. I wonder if it's gonna be next week or if we'll skip it for good until the next one.

In the meantime, i'll just be grinding the last 3 Android16's I need and then it's back to Gems, I can almost buy Krilin.

MisterMac

I just downloaded this and I'm trying the reroll trick. How worth it is to reroll to get either a character I want or just a good character? I managed to snag two SSB Goku and one SSG Goku that are high on the reddit tier list. Should I quit while I'm ahead or keep rerolling til I get a Trunks I want or better still a Gogeta while the event is going?

Meneses

I just downloaded this and I'm trying the reroll trick. How worth it is to reroll to get either a character I want or just a good character? I managed to snag two SSB Goku and one SSG Goku that are high on the reddit tier list. Should I quit while I'm ahead or keep rerolling til I get a Trunks I want or better still a Gogeta while the event is going?

If you're already on the rerolling loop, might as well try getting Gogeta. That banner is ending soon (tomorrow, I think?).

If you got the TEQ SSB Goku, he's a pretty great character too, but a chance of getting Gogeta is too good to pass up, in my opinion.

MisterMac

If you're already on the rerolling loop, might as well try getting Gogeta. That banner is ending soon (tomorrow, I think?).

If you got the TEQ SSB Goku, he's a pretty great character too, but a chance of getting Gogeta is too good to pass up, in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice.The SSB Goku I got was the Crusher of Evil IIRC and the SSG Goku or whatever he's called(red hair) was Fist of the God. But I guess I'll keep rolling til I get a Gogeta or the high tier Trunks. Maybe settle for a Broly.

Meneses

Thanks for the advice.The SSB Goku I got was the Crusher of Evil IIRC and the SSG Goku or whatever he's called(red hair) was Fist of the God. But I guess I'll keep rolling til I get a Gogeta or the high tier Trunks. Maybe settle for a Broly.

That SSB Goku is the TEQ nuke lead (you can use him to make your TEQ characters' attack power go way up by matching green orbs), so he's super good.

If you settle for him now you'll be very well served. But... Gogeta is Gogeta lol

edit: yeah, what Panda said. Make a transfer code and if you don't get Gogeta you can go back to that account.

MisterMac

Just save the transfer code for that account and keep trying for Gogeta.

That's what I've been doing. I saved the transfer codes for all the really good stuff I've gotten so far. 2x of those Blue Goku and the Red one. I took an hour break to walk my dogs and now I'm back at it groaning every time Goku doesn't even transform

MiTYH

Drop rates for Android 16 are atrocious. Got 1 copy and I'll come back to it when there are less events to worry about.

Managed to get 7 Buu medals, just need the character now. Working on Vegeta, hopefully get that done before the event ends.

Yeah it is pretty bad, I wish I did it earlier when it was double drop. I'll probably knock out King Cold Super Strike first, then move on to PHY Cyborg Frieza to see if his drop rate is decent or not.

Meneses

I did 10 Android 16's the other time, I couldn't finish the extra 5 for some reason I don't remember.

I think I have all the other relevant cards, though.

I didn't do any of em. I've done Android #16 like 12 times and got 7 so far though. I didn't bother with Turles to up my INT Turles and I said screw it with Trunks.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I didn't do any of em. I've done Android #16 like 12 times and got 7 so far though. I didn't bother with Turles to up my INT Turles and I said screw it with Trunks.
There's certain ones that are pretty mandatory to take on the LR Goku event:

INT SSR Android 16: Amazing TEQ blocker, is strong to LR Goku.
King Vegeta SSR: Does decent damage and gives Ki to INT and PHY.
Mighty Mask: Does the same damage on a super as an SA10 Supreme card at SA15. Also is a +3 ki lead.
Cyborg Tao: Supers early at SA15, has a chance to stun. Also has a +3 ki lead
Jackie Chun: Can seal super attacks, and has a +3 ki lead.
Mecha Frieza: Does really good damage, supers early at SA15.
King Cold: Ki lead, also reduces enemy atk by 25% as a passive

King Vegeta as Leader and Friend.

Lagamorph

Been doing the SSJ3 Goku event. Just done a successful run, but as soon as I went to the star tile, it popped up with the maintenance message.
I better not lose that awakening medal, I'll be so pissed off if I do.

Even worse is that I still need 4 more, and the maintenance is guaranteed to overrun, so my deadline is going to be super tight since my stamina maxes out at 89 at the moment.

Edit - Maintenance over, suspended game found, no_method error no matter how many times I retry. Had to cancel which lost the medal so now I need 5 instead of 4. Grrrr.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm finding that while the King Cold fight is doable (I'm 2/14 so far), it's a long slog of a fight. Also, the PHY Mecha Frieza seems have to have a good drop rate. I'm 4/15 so far.

Also word is doing the rounds that the WT will appear this week. If so, fuck Bamco for releasing TWO Super Strike stages at the same time as a WT. Fuck them to hell.

HawthorneKitty

I'm finding that while the King Cold fight is doable (I'm 2/14 so far), it's a long slog of a fight. Also, the PHY Mecha Frieza seems have to have a good drop rate. I'm 4/15 so far.

Also word is doing the rounds that the WT will appear this week. If so, fuck Bamco for releasing TWO Super Strike stages at the same time as a WT. Fuck them to hell.
Everyone wants Global to catch up somewhat though...

HawthorneKitty

Have the Strikes this week then, and the WT next week. Fuck having 3 big events all at once, especially when the Super Strike characters they put out are part of the required team for LR Goku.
Hmmm I think if all you do is the strike stuff, long-time players or players that don't have to farm King Cold will have enough natural stamina to be done before tournament.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hmmm I think if all you do is the strike stuff, long-time players or players that don't have to farm King Cold will have enough natural stamina to be done before tournament.
Yeah, getting the King Cold medals can be done with natural stamina, but remember you need to farm the Mecha Frieza from fresh. It's the new PHY version that Dokkans, not the original INT.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
...why didn't you guys do it during 2x drop? ._,

I had just rerolled (I swear, my final time) for Gogeta so I was rushing to rank up, awaken units, Dokkan Gogeta/Broly/Janemba, etc. all before the anniversary tournament.

Now paying the price on the strike drop rates.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Holy fuck, just discovered Easy Mode for King Cold.

Gogeta as Leader
3 other SSRs, preferrably ones that can boost Ki.
STR Trunks as Friend.

That's it.

Let Saibamen take the 2 missing slots, but remember to keep Gogeta in the first 2 slots so he returns every two turns. Gogeta hits KC for almost a full bar with each Super hit O.O

Have the Strikes this week then, and the WT next week. Fuck having 3 big events all at once, especially when the Super Strike characters they put out are part of the required team for LR Goku.
Seriously. 2x Super Strikes plus farming a new Strike character is going to be painful.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
..or have the tournament drop on the date it was datamined to be happening.

Also the drop rate is good on Freeza so far, likely since everyone has to farm for the new one.

Meneses

Holy fuck, just discovered Easy Mode for King Cold.

Gogeta as Leader
3 other SSRs, preferrably ones that can boost Ki.
STR Trunks as Friend.

That's it.

Let Saibamen take the 2 missing slots, but remember to keep Gogeta in the first 2 slots so he returns every two turns. Gogeta hits KC for almost a full bar with each Super hit O.O

I've been using Gogeta friends every time, they're my main attackers.

Rest of my team is just Tao Leader, Launch and Bulma for Ki (i'm never under 6, so supers all day), Baba shop Krilin for defense, Dabura for some stuns but could be anyone really, and a Saibaman.

It's been pretty smooth sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom