• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

Ugh, sadly no. I just cashed in before Super Strikes were announced for the 777 Gohan. So I'm sitting at like... 5 gems or something odd. And IIRC he's 300, that'd take me a few days, and by then it's WT time.

I could probably do it if needed, but I'm hoping to find another way -_-

He's not mandatory, just makes it a little bit easier. You'll just probably need to use more items without him.

For King Cold you can afford one empty space for a saibaman, so if the Cost is too much you can remove one of the characters (that's what I did). I've had success with friend Gogeta, leader SSR Tao, SR Bulma, SR Dabura plus SSR Launch and SSR Krillin that you don't have, but you can probably grab Buutenks, Granpa Gohan, Turles or people with stun or attack/defense down in their place.

Screw it. I give up on these SA 15 events. I can't do enough damage and my HP is shit. Plus I remember seeing somewhere that you need 777 medals to get LR Goku, which if it's 1 medal each time fack that. I'll just fr you guys and you can have him as a leader for me too mooch off of :3.

yogloo

Screw it. I give up on these SA 15 events. I can't do enough damage and my HP is shit. Plus I remember seeing somewhere that you need 777 medals to get LR Goku, which if it's 1 medal each time fack that. I'll just fr you guys and you can have him as a leader for me too mooch off of :3.
I believe lr goku can drop up to 20 medals at once.

MiTYH

Phew! Managed to beat King Cold with the following team:
- Gogeta Leader SA7/ Tao Leader SA10
- Friend Leader is whoever isn't there from the above, or Grandpa Gohan Awakened
- SR Dabura SA6
- GT Vegeta (awakened)
- Bulma (Youth)
- Cell Jr (Awakened)

Wasn't a fun fight (bad orbs, never seemed to just enough damage, Gogeta took away about 75% of one bar, which means I needed to get him there 4 times), but Dabura for MVP for stunning when he was going to attack 3 times. Other than that, only used healing items, and it went fine. Now to do this a bunch more times.

Same strategy needed for Frieza? I don't see anyone talking about him much

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Phew! Managed to beat King Cold with the following team:
- Gogeta Leader SA7/ Tao Leader SA10
- Friend Leader is whoever isn't there from the above, or Grandpa Gohan Awakened
- SR Dabura SA6
- GT Vegeta (awakened)
- Bulma (Youth)
- Cell Jr (Awakened)

Wasn't a fun fight (bad orbs, never seemed to just enough damage, Gogeta took away about 75% of one bar, which means I needed to get him there 4 times), but Dabura for MVP for stunning when he was going to attack 3 times. Other than that, only used healing items, and it went fine. Now to do this a bunch more times.

Same strategy needed for Frieza? I don't see anyone talking about him much
It's basically the same thing

GKFinns

Can anyone suggest a team form my below STR units? I tried a Gogeta lead/Tao friend with as much cost as I could manage, but it didn't go well...

Assume I can awaken or max level anyone who isn't already

You basically have the team I used to beat him all 14 times.

Gogeta Lead
SSR Tao Friend Lead
SR (NOT SSR) Tao
Bulma
Buutenks
Dabura

I also had a Launch, but just use any low level red so you don't get a Saibaman. At least then you will block damage.

My items were:
Senzu
Dende
Ox King
Tree of Might Fruit

Buutenks, both Tao's, and Dabura have chances to stun. Gogeta does damage. Bulma gives Ki buffs. Plus, Buutenks links really well with Gogeta, meaning that you have full ki basically when they are near each other. Added bonus of Buutenks sealing the Super Attack of Cold.

Ryu1999

Coming from a JPN player's perspective, I've had the super strikes done for so long I've completely forgotten how annoyingly hard they were to do. I feel yalls pain :-(. I will say that the world tourney reward INT Bardock was my MVP for Jackie Chun and Mighty Mask.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Coming from a JPN player's perspective, I've had the super strikes done for so long I've completely forgotten how annoyingly hard they were to do. I feel yalls pain :-(. I will say that the world tourney reward INT Bardock was my MVP for Jackie Chun and Mighty Mask.

Yeah he seemed really good when I was looking at super strikes I couldn't nuke. Similarly draculaman has been awesome for super sealing. Bardock both seals and hits decently hard.

I'm also looking forward to using Bardock against Beerus

SnakeEyes

Banned
Damn lol How did you get done so fast? Did you dokkan twice each or take the risk feeding the sa5
I had King Cold already at 15 SA across 2 chars so I only needed his medals. Mecha Frieza dropped like hotcakes for me so I had him at 15 SA within a couple of hours. I used maybe 2 stones for stamina when going for the medals, and only flubbed 2 fights across the 28 medals needed.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I took the chance with Freeza and it worked out. Thank god. Probably won't with King Cold since his drop rate is low I hear. Speaking of, not sure why people did King Cold first. Freeza's drop rate is amazing.

I had King Cold already at 15 SA across 2 chars so I only needed his medals. Mecha Frieza dropped like hotcakes for me so I had him at 15 SA within a couple of hours. I used maybe 2 stones for stamina when going for the medals, and only flubbed 2 fights across the 28 medals needed.

Lucky. 290 Stamina and I only got 5 Mecha Friezas.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I took the chance with Freeza and it worked out. Thank god. Probably won't with King Cold since his drop rate is low I hear. Speaking of, not sure why people did King Cold first. Freeza's drop rate is amazing.
It seems like PHY Mecha Frieza's drop rate has been boosted due to a) multiple events happening concurrently, and b) this being his first appearance. It has to be something stupidly high, like 60%+, because I can honestly only think of one or two instances where I didn't have his card drop.

That Double Chance return of the strike characters from a few weeks back was a real godsend for prepping for this, but I did miss out on getting the last 5 Android #16's I needed, and now I have to suffer for it. His drop rate is utter trash, and from the sounds of it similar to what people are experiencing trying to get King Cold.

GKFinns

FINALLY! With Mecha Frieza done, and with King Cold finished yesterday, and with me finally getting all 15 Android 16s...

I can go back to farming crystals before the WT? Woo?

GKFinns

Might want to hide your gem, level, etc details. Somebody could easily steal your account with those information.

And nice.

Thanks for the heads up. I took down the pic and made a transfer code just in case. I'd like to think a gaffer wouldn't do that to me, but I guess you just don't know.

MiTYH

Is it me or is cold and frieza easier than Vegeta?

The large amount of Tao/Granpa Gohans/Gogetas make this very easy. The last one needed a Nuker and... that's about it. This allows for stalling with simple healing items (at least that's how I'm handling it).

yogloo

I died several times during Vegeta when I was fooling around with my team. Frieza and cold is a piece of cake compared to him.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
90 Million Download Celebration!

No.1 90 Million Global DLs Celebration Login Bonus Event Part 1! 9/7 (Wed) 16:00 ~ 9/21 (Wed) 15:59 PST

No.2 Dragon Stone Bonus Event! 9/7 Dragon stone event - 3 DS for the price of 1 (Once every 24 hours) and 52 DS for the price of 32 (Once during the whole Event) (Wed) 22:00 ~ 9/19 (Mon) 21:59 PST

No.3 The 9th World Tournament! 9/7 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 9/11 (Sun) 21:59 PST

No.4 New Summon Event! 9/11 (Sun) 22:30 ~ 9/19 (Mon) 21:59 PST

No.5 New Super Strike Event! 9/14 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 9/25 (Sun) 21:59 PST

No.6 Training Success Rates Doubled! 9/7 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 10/3 (Mon) 21:59 PST

No.7 Rank EXP from Quests Tripled! 9/7 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 10/3 (Mon) 21:59 PST

No.8 Great Sales at Baba's Shop! 9/7 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 10/3 (Mon) 21:59 PST

Triple Rank EXP is a godsend for anyone grinding gems.

Durden77

So should I awaken characters before their max level or just wait to z-awaken them? It seems to cost the same either way except for Zenni.

StMeph

So should I awaken characters before their max level or just wait to z-awaken them? It seems to cost the same either way except for Zenni.

There's no reason not to awaken them when you have the medals if you plan to use the card. You're just not allowed to fully z-awaken a card until it's at max level. Each awakening provides the same bonus, but the cost is based on the amount and type of medal used. Whatever you leave for the final one will be the one used for z-awakening, otherwise it doesn't matter which one(s) you use.

Meneses

Done with Cold and Frieza, did the safe route which took a bit longer.

If drop rates were always as good as the Frieza event (or even just slightly less) this game would actually be more fun.

MiTYH

Currently at 11/14 KC Medals... of course, still need 5 more King Colds themselves, but that's for another time.

Then i work on Frieza medals, with a WT to break up everything

SnakeEyes

Banned
90 Million Download Celebration!

No.1 90 Million Global DLs Celebration Login Bonus Event Part 1! 9/7 (Wed) 16:00 ~ 9/21 (Wed) 15:59 PST

No.2 Dragon Stone Bonus Event! 9/7 Dragon stone event - 3 DS for the price of 1 (Once every 24 hours) and 52 DS for the price of 32 (Once during the whole Event) (Wed) 22:00 ~ 9/19 (Mon) 21:59 PST

No.3 The 9th World Tournament! 9/7 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 9/11 (Sun) 21:59 PST

No.4 New Summon Event! 9/11 (Sun) 22:30 ~ 9/19 (Mon) 21:59 PST

No.5 New Super Strike Event! 9/14 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 9/25 (Sun) 21:59 PST

No.6 Training Success Rates Doubled! 9/7 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 10/3 (Mon) 21:59 PST

No.7 Rank EXP from Quests Tripled! 9/7 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 10/3 (Mon) 21:59 PST

No.8 Great Sales at Baba's Shop! 9/7 (Wed) 22:30 ~ 10/3 (Mon) 21:59 PST

Triple Rank EXP is a godsend for anyone grinding gems.
Damn, News page just went buck wild!

What STR units do you have?
These:
euEwiFS.jpg

1t2DzHJ.jpg

Meneses

If you can get Friend/Guest Gogetas you should be able to beat it comfortably with those units, since you have basically my team:

Tao leader for Ki and stun (mine was SSR)
Baba Krillin for blocking (he helps a lot in cutting down item use)
Launch (mine was SSR but probably won't matter) and SR Bulma for Ki
Now I have SSR Saiyaman Gohan to reduce attack but ran with SR Dabura a few times and his stun helps.

An empty space taken up by a Saibaman (you might be able to sneak in another unit if you don't awaken the others, not sure - but I did the entirety of both events with one saibaman tagging along).

Items are the usual: Senzu, Dende, Ghost Usher and King Yemma / + ki / orb change / whatever

Strategy is the usual Gogeta "cheese": wait for his turn and in the meantime try to chip away / block / stun with the others.

If I was lucky, i'd get through Frieza with just a couple items used. Very rarely did I need to use up everything.

MiTYH

If you can get Friend/Guest Gogetas you should be able to beat it comfortably with those units, since you have basically my team:

Tao leader for Ki and stun (mine was SSR)
Baba Krillin for blocking (he helps a lot in cutting down item use)
Launch (mine was SSR but probably won't matter) and SR Bulma for Ki
Now I have SSR Saiyaman Gohan to reduce attack but ran with SR Dabura a few times and his stun helps.

An empty space taken up by a Saibaman (you might be able to sneak in another unit if you don't awaken the others, not sure - but I did the entirety of both events with one saibaman tagging along).

Items are the usual: Senzu, Dende, Ghost Usher and King Yemma / + ki / orb change / whatever

Strategy is the usual Gogeta "cheese": wait for his turn and in the meantime try to chip away / block / stun with the others.

If I was lucky, i'd get through Frieza with just a couple items used. Very rarely did I need to use up everything.

Echoing this. I'm 13/14 King Cold medals now, about to move onto Frieza with a Gogeta/Tao or Grandpa leader. I have Tao and Gogeta, so I just swap if the friends aren't lining up right. Lots of stalling for Gogeta and chipping away. Takes about 4 hits from Gogeta to finish him (not counting first form). I try to line him up with Bulma (Youth) who gives more Ki and makes it easier to super

Maxim726X

Echoing this. I'm 13/14 King Cold medals now, about to move onto Frieza with a Gogeta/Tao or Grandpa leader. I have Tao and Gogeta, so I just swap if the friends aren't lining up right. Lots of stalling for Gogeta and chipping away. Takes about 4 hits from Gogeta to finish him (not counting first form). I try to line him up with Bulma (Youth) who gives more Ki and makes it easier to super

Wait-- You need 14 medals??

Oh fuck you need to awaken both of them (one level 10, one level 5) then fuse them together?

God damnit.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wait-- You need 14 medals??

Oh fuck you need to awaken both of them (one level 10, one level 5) then fuse them together?

God damnit.

You don't necessarily have to. You can feed the level 5 as a zawakened card for a 50% chance at increasing the super to 15. Not recommended when the drop rates are low like King Cold is right now.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I gambled with the 50%. I had just pulled an SR Krillin from fp to feed to the Dokkanable one (yes I care about that one) and got the 50% so I was like fuck, googled coin flip and tossed it a few times and said fuck it. Most nerve-wracking thing ever but I got it. :3

While everyone is desperately farming King Cold and Mecha Frieza, I'm trying to farm the extra 100 gem I need for the INT Gohan lol.

I'm almost there, hopefully Pilaf shows up more so it can be less than 10 attempts.

Good news is that all the bonus stones we are getting means free tournament with all the refills I'll be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom