• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I've been using Gogeta friends every time, they're my main attackers.

Rest of my team is just Tao Leader, Launch and Bulma for Ki (i'm never under 6, so supers all day), Baba shop Krilin for defense, Dabura for some stuns but could be anyone really, and a Saibaman.

It's been pretty smooth sailing.

Running the same team except I'm using Buutenks instead of Dabura. No issues so far.

I've been having a very easy time with King Cold running this team:

Cyborg Tao (+3 ki leader, stun chance)
Buutenks (super sealer)
Great Saiyaman, Gohan flavored (super greatly lowers attack)
Great Saiyaman, Videl flavored (super greatly lowers defense)
Launch (+ki passive, super lowers defense, very strong for an SR)
SS3 Goku, unawakened (just strong, can be anything really)
Cyborg Tao friend

MiTYH

Did the 30-stone banner, since I needed most, not all, of the units, and.....

bx0W861.jpg

*internal screaming*

Done with the Gogeta fest thing. Pulled a total of five times between my two accounts and the only SSRs I got were Majin Buu x2, one for my phone and one for my tablet.

Incredibly annoying.

MisterMac

Hurrr. Doing another Gogeta roll. No Super Saiyan. BYE GUYS!!!! Vegito not Gogeta. It's like being taunted.

I don't know how many rerolls I have left in me. If I don't get Gogeta which SSR should I stick with? I saved codes for

SSGSS Goku - Crusher of Evil
Super Saiyan God Goku - Fist from the Heavens
Super Saiyan Trunks (Xeno) – A Critical Mission
Vegito – Peerless Combination
Super Trunks - Surging Spirit

Future Trunks is my favorite character but his Xeno look isn't my favorite. I'm partial to Super Trunks but I guess he's not as useful compared to the others? Meneses made a pretty strong case for SSJBlue Goku, I'm only planning on playing this as a F2P game and don't see myself buying stones so I dunno how far that will get me or if it affects which SSR I should go with when I finally stop rerolling and actually play the damn game

Meneses

SSGSS Goku - Crusher of Evil
Super Saiyan God Goku - Fist from the Heavens
Super Saiyan Trunks (Xeno) – A Critical Mission
Vegito – Peerless Combination
Super Trunks - Surging Spirit

Future Trunks is my favorite character but his Xeno look isn't my favorite. I'm partial to Super Trunks but I guess he's not as useful compared to the others? Meneses made a pretty strong case for SSJBlue Goku, I'm only planning on playing this as a F2P game and don't see myself buying stones so I dunno how far that will get me or if it affects which SSR I should go with when I finally stop rerolling and actually play the damn game

Yeah, if the rerolls are starting too feel like too much, just pick one and move on with the game - that's what I did when I started.

And I feel your pain, Trunks is my favorite too but most of his cards aren't great. There is a Xeno card which will eventually be able to upgrade to an Attack-All version, becoming super useful, but I don't think it's the one you have there.

Chucker

Hrm. I gotta focus on One. I have the King Cold SSR and about level 76 from the last time he was around, and 1 medal so far.

I've got the new Freeza, and 1 medal so far.

Which is the better of the two?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

GaimeGuy

The strategy for maxing a character like King Cold would be:

1. Get King Cold #1 to skill level 10
2. Dokkan Awaken King Cold #1
3. Get King Cold #2 to skill level 5
4. Dokkan Awaken King Cold #2
5. Feed King Cold #2 to King Col #1

Right?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The strategy for maxing a character like King Cold would be:

1. Get King Cold #1 to skill level 10
2. Dokkan Awaken King Cold #1
3. Get King Cold #2 to skill level 5
4. Dokkan Awaken King Cold #2
5. Feed King Cold #2 to King Col #1

Right?

That's one way of doing it. Another would be taking King Cold #2 and feeding it to #1 before dokkan awakening #2. This is only a 50% chance of working but it does give all 5 levels when feeding and saves you from running the stage with the dokkan medals anymore.

MisterMac

Yeah, if the rerolls are starting too feel like too much, just pick one and move on with the game - that's what I did when I started.

And I feel your pain, Trunks is my favorite too but most of his cards aren't great. There is a Xeno card which will eventually be able to upgrade to an Attack-All version, becoming super useful, but I don't think it's the one you have there.

I'm a sick man so I've kept at it. If I'm reading correctly this Broly I just pulled "The Roar of Death Legendary Super Saiyan Broly" Dokkan Awakens into the really badass Broly? And so he just jumped to the top of my list of potential SSR's to keep?

I'm a sick man so I've kept at it. If I'm reading correctly this Broly I just pulled "The Roar of Death Legendary Super Saiyan Broly" Dokkan Awakens into the really badass Broly? And so he just jumped to the top of my list of potential SSR's to keep?

Yup. If you Dokkan Awaken him he gets the "attack all" ability. When he supers, he will super all the enemies which is super useful in the WT since it makes it much less of a grind.

MisterMac

Yup. If you Dokkan Awaken him he gets the "attack all" ability. When he supers, he will super all the enemies which is super useful in the WT since it makes it much less of a grind.

Alright! I like Broly more than Goku so this finally gives me a fallback I am happy with if I don't score Gogeta before the event ends. Thanks for the help and advice.

SnakeEyes

Banned
What are ya'll using for KC? I tried to do the two blank spots for Saibamen but that shit gets me rekt
There's no reason why it should, unless you're not using the correct items.

Along with the team I posted on the previous page, I've also been using:
- Senzu Bean
- King Yemma
- Ghost Usher
- Fruit of the Tree of Might (just in case some characters get caught short because of shitty orb positioning.)

There's no reason why it should, unless you're not using the correct items.

Along with the team I posted on the previous page, I've also been using:
- Senzu Bean
- King Yemma
- Ghost Usher
- Fruit of the Tree of Might (just in case some characters get caught short because of shitty orb positioning.)

I wasn't fortunate enough to get Gogeta :[. I just can't seem to make a powerful 100 point team. It goes over by 2 points most times(why did Gogeta have to be 48 instead of 46 </3)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

+ Gogeta friend. Basically a free team.

I make sure Dracula Man supers since he seals opp supers. It's not that hard, same strategy applies to both King Cold and Freeza.

Realized I can Zawaken either Launch or Bulma. Going with Launch since she has the highest base attack for an SR and has a higher super attack level.

I make sure Dracula Man supers since he seals opp supers. It's not that hard, same strategy applies to both King Cold and Freeza.

Realized I can Zawaken either Launch or Bulma. Going with Launch since she has the highest base attack for an SR and has a higher super attack level.

Hm. I don't have dracula, but I do have Mutaito so I guess I'll use him. Most of my units are super low though since I don't usually bother with em, so I'ma do some training in the clouds to up em a bit. Thanks

BrunoM

Ughhh, ran into a glitch on King Cold Super Strike. He didn't show up to attack for 3 turns in a row.

Edit: It lasted 7 turns hahahaha.
I'm running into one with friza where he shows as if he would attack but he doesn't and im running no stunners ..

Can't complain lol getting the medals first then will go on to farm him

Chucker

Dokkan'd Cold, 1 away from Freeza.

May or may not bother with him. Really wanted a Gogeta this go around but no luck and no way to get 50 anymore, womp womp

Yup, just started getting it as well.

Got my part 4 login bonus and then the game cropped out on me. Aight then!

Let's hope they give us some DSs for this issue lol

Dokkan'd Cold, 1 away from Freeza.

May or may not bother with him. Really wanted a Gogeta this go around but no luck and no way to get 50 anymore, womp womp

Ihy. He keeps kicking my ass. I guess ima have to train my STR SRs more...i generally go with mainly URs or SSRs so my SRs are lacking.

JJP12

Basically using the same team except I choose Baba Krillin unawakened instead of Kibito. This has been much easier than SS Vegeta.

edit: crap just realized I never farmed 5 extra King Cold

MisterMac

I knew I should have given up on Gogeta because now I just got a reroll with Super Saiyan Gotenks – Faith in Super Fusion and Beerus - Irreversible Judgement that I probably won't use cause I want to use Broly.

This is what I'm using to fight KC and Frieza.

Which ones should I Awaken? I'm still gonna up their levels, it's just a pain in the ass lol.
I'm using Muito because he's my only super locking unit. I have Gotenks too but his team cost is way too high for this.

GaimeGuy

What are ya'll using for KC? I tried to do the two blank spots for Saibamen but that shit gets me rekt

I'm using:

Fist from the Heaven SS God Goku (UR)
Galaxy's Most Evil Boujack (SSR)
Buu Gotenks Absorbed (SSR)
STR Saibamen
2 random unevolved 8 cost SR STR characters

And an unawkaened friend Gogeta.

Durden77

Did the 30 pull and got this..

42J3Zs2.jpg

Happy about SSGSS Goku! Even though I definitely with it was Vegeta. Just happy to have one though. Is he good?

olympia

pulled Vegeta and turles from the ape banner in a single multi. Literally the only ones I wanted. Yay. Turles was the last one haha

SnakeEyes

Banned
Too much stuff to do this week lol
Since it seems like Bamco is wanting to cut down the time difference between JPN and Global, I can't really complain, but they could at least do this shit outside of the time period they want to also run a WT in!

That being said, I've already finished King Cold, and am currently 9/14 medals for Mecha Frieza.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Since it seems like Bamco is wanting to cut down the time difference between JPN and Global, I can't really complain, but they could at least do this shit outside of the time period they want to also run a WT in!

That being said, I've already finished King Cold, and am currently 9/14 medals for Mecha Frieza.
I told you you'd be fine. :/

MiTYH

Can anyone suggest a team form my below STR units? I tried a Gogeta lead/Tao friend with as much cost as I could manage, but it didn't go well...

Assume I can awaken or max level anyone who isn't already

Meneses

Can anyone suggest a team form my below STR units? I tried a Gogeta lead/Tao friend with as much cost as I could manage, but it didn't go well...

Assume I can awaken or max level anyone who isn't already

Do you have gems to buy Baba Krillin? He's helped me a lot with his damage reduction.

My tactics for King Cold was basically blocking with Krillin whenever possible and firing some supers with the rabble to chip off some damage / activate status debuffs until Gogeta's turn, who would be the one doing actual damage.

MiTYH

Do you have gems to buy Baba Krillin? He's helped me a lot with his damage reduction.

My tactics for King Cold was basically blocking with Krillin whenever possible and firing some supers with the rabble to chip off some damage / activate status debuffs until Gogeta's turn, who would be the one doing actual damage.

Ugh, sadly no. I just cashed in before Super Strikes were announced for the 777 Gohan. So I'm sitting at like... 5 gems or something odd. And IIRC he's 300, that'd take me a few days, and by then it's WT time.

I could probably do it if needed, but I'm hoping to find another way -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom