• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

This is the team I'm using for the Super Strike event against KC & Mecha Frieza. I got the 7 KC medals and just need Freiza medals now, which units should I Z-awaken? Keep in mind I use Super Gogeta as a friend so that's 48 points out the window.

I had SSR Tao and SSR Launch, but the main pieces in these strikes were always Krillin and Friend Gogeta for me, so the SSR status was kinda secondary. I always felt it could have been anyone, really.

Probably Tao, since we'll be Dokkaning him in the future too.

edit: btw, is there ever any worthwhile character on those Card spaces during the tournament? I tried a couple times but I always got crap.

I had SSR Tao and SSR Launch, but the main pieces in these strikes were always Krillin and Friend Gogeta for me, so the SSR status was kinda secondary. I always felt it could have been anyone, really.

Probably Tao, since we'll be Dokkaning him in the future too.

edit: btw, is there ever any worthwhile character on those Card spaces during the tournament? I tried a couple times but I always got crap.

Not that I've seen, and I've gotten like over 20. I say go for Awakening medals if you can, most of the time it's Bulma/Turtle but I've gotten Gohan (Teen) the one needed for Saiyaman and Saiyawoman DAing, I got Vegeta for Battle of The Gods, I've gotten Freiza's second transformation for Rise of "F" and some other good ones here and there. I haven't gotten a card in awhile so I don't remember if they're like lvl 20s or not, if they are they could be useful for training.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wish there was a way to sort characters by special damage type (huge/extreme, etc), or by raw attack when specials are active. By the way, how much of an attack boost do the various gohans get when activating their specials? The ones with "Greatly boosts attack and does huge damage" special descriptions?

I know that Huge damage specials do 150-170% base attack at SP1, plus 10% base attack for every subsequent special level up,but some of these characters get additional attack boosts that are ambiguous.

MiTYH

I think... I'm done with WT. I can't break into the 20ks without stoning, but am very safe for the 30-50k range. Might do one or two more, but I still need frieza medals, and on a new account I never did galactic warrior event, which is a minimum of 6 stones

man mecha freiza is a cunt. 2 senzus, 2 dendes, 2 ushers, and a yemma. He hits like a freaking truck

Meanwhile at Namco: "After the player has had three unsuccessful attempts at Pilaf spawning, we'll give him one but with 3 regular must stops. Then we won't even give him the number he needs to reach pilaf!"
evil bastards! I wish Pilaf was a must stop :(

Durden77

So where are the best places to get the Super Android 13 Dokkan medals? It just says quest, so the Ultimate Android questline?

And also I don't really get the world tournament. Are these other people's real teams? If so, how are they decided and why do so many of them have Siabamen in them?

linkent

So where are the best places to get the Super Android 13 Dokkan medals? It just says quest, so the Ultimate Android questline?

And also I don't really get the world tournament. Are these other people's real teams? If so, how are they decided and why do so many of them have Siabamen in them?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qRru_TpZq8SnBKAH3Zv1W0f8747BqdPd4JRQhtunSac/htmlview
Android 13 medals.

WT you are fighting real player team.
Saibamen possibly that your team have low cost therefore vs other with low cost too.
Once you put an all UR team, you will fight similar team unless they are just trolling.

WT basically just go through 80 wins and stay inside top 10000
Unless you want to get the other extra reward which requires much more grinds.

No idea for the first one since I can't find it yet(in fact I thought it was an event lol, turns out it's a quest. I finished all three difficulties of the older quests a long time ago so I forgot about it I guess.)

Yes those are other people's teams. I'm assuming whichever team they currently have selected shows up in the WT. As for the Siabamen maybe it has to do with them using the 100pt team that they use against the KC & Freiza event since I only saw it when I used the WT to train my units for those fights.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Cool, got 14 URs to max and got 17 more runs to go. Thought I'd have trouble with all these Baba and SS ones, but it all worked out.

Cool, got 14 URs to max and got 17 more runs to go. Thought I'd have trouble with all these Baba and SS ones, but it all worked out.
14 URs? What? The baba ones are easier now with x3 XP. Every three runs I lvl up lol. It's annoying though because I have to balance WT(I'm trying to stay within 40k rank. Screw 80 wins and 10k that shit is obnoxiously long). Also Freiza and KC. I finished KC medals and got two Freiza, tgen comes the fun grinding for drops. Yaaaaaay

Durden77

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qRru_TpZq8SnBKAH3Zv1W0f8747BqdPd4JRQhtunSac/htmlview
Android 13 medals.

WT you are fighting real player team.
Saibamen possibly that your team have low cost therefore vs other with low cost too.
Once you put an all UR team, you will fight similar team unless they are just trolling.

WT basically just go through 80 wins and stay inside top 10000
Unless you want to get the other extra reward which requires much more grinds.

No idea for the first one since I can't find it yet(in fact I thought it was an event lol, turns out it's a quest. I finished all three difficulties of the older quests a long time ago so I forgot about it I guess.)

Yes those are other people's teams. I'm assuming whichever team they currently have selected shows up in the WT. As for the Siabamen maybe it has to do with them using the 100pt team that they use against the KC & Freiza event since I only saw it when I used the WT to train my units for those fights.

Awesome thanks for the help and that google doc.

Another thing, is there any rhymeor reason to opponent's attacks? Or is it pretty much just RNG whether the get supers and such or not?

linkent

Awesome thanks for the help and that google doc.

Another thing, is there any rhymeor reason to opponent's attacks? Or is it pretty much just RNG whether the get supers and such or not?
It is RNG, that why we bring baba/usher in WT.
In case first turn super, you can quickly close the app and use the item after restart.

Meneses

This might be the easiest tournament to get 10k in. I don't think anyone cares

Definitely, i've been slowly grinding and i'm always over 5000 rank.

Even after a good night's sleep i'm still 6800 lol

Also, regarding those Android 13 medals, i've had terrible luck with the drops, the dude has been sitting in my box un-dokkaned forever lol

SnakeEyes

Banned
This might be the easiest tournament to get 10k in. I don't think anyone cares
10k, sure, but I'm feeling the slog trying to get sub-5k. It's not as easy this time, and the rankings seem to be constantly moving when you're 4500-5500. I do have tomorrow off though so I can spend all day getting to sub-2.5k.

10k, sure, but I'm feeling the slog trying to get sub-5k. It's not as easy this time, and the rankings seem to be constantly moving when you're 4500-5500. I do have tomorrow off though so I can spend all day getting to sub-2.5k.

It ends tonight man. So good luck if you try to stay under 2.5k.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Really? I'm not feeling it this tournament, especially compared to last tournament where everyone decided it was going to be their first tournament to try 80 wins on. Even so the prize difference between 5k and 10k isn't as big as 10k and 20k

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Thing is the Buu really only has one good use, that being the Gohan fight. Buuut since it was broken last time most people got they're 30 medals regardless of having the card or not.

linkent

78 wins, just gonna use the natural stamina refill for the last 2 wins. (rank 3900)
really easy this time and also really boring lol.
shouldnt have put everything on last tournament and spread it out across all future WT.

Savitar

I'm doing the first round again and again and again just because in WT's I'm sorta use to doing that but I so can't wait for this to end.

Meneses

They really need to put some Silver SSR tickets in the mission rewards, instead of 50 billion Dragon Ball Saga ones.

I've been sitting at 4 silver SSR tickets since forever lol

olympia

my phone became stuck in a boot loop this morning and all i have is my code ID :(.

is the only way to recover my account to email bamco? ugh this really sucks. i had some cool cards.

MiTYH

I'm completely done with this WT, just not into it this weekend.

Did manage to get my 6 stones from bardic event. Worry about farming gohan and medals next go-round. Up to 7/14 medals for frieze, should get a few more tonight and hopefully finish it tomorrow. Then I need to farm 5 more King Colds and be done with both strike events for good!

Same for me, but replace Gogetas with PHY Ult. Gohan. GTFO, I don't need you all!

Thats what I don't get with Ulti Gohans. Why are you trying to friend Gogetas? They link terribly with Gogeta, only link both have is Fierce Battle.

No Shocking Speed or OIAF. Gogeta friending other Gogeta makes sense with OIAF teams and feeding links with PFB.

Last 8 wins finishing up now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Thats what I don't get with Ulti Gohans. Why are you trying to friend Gogetas? They link terribly with Gogeta, only link both have is Fierce Battle.

No Shocking Speed or OIAF. Gogeta friending other Gogeta makes sense with OIAF teams and feeding links with PFB.

Last 8 wins finishing up now.
Uh Gogeta has the best leader skill in the game and functions fine on his own. Gohan is the easier to obtain +3 Ki leader.

Why wouldn't you choose Gogeta and who else is choosing friend leads with only that criteria in mind

Uh Gogeta has the best leader skill in the game and functions fine on his own. Gohan is the easier to obtain +3 Ki leader.

Why wouldn't you choose Gogeta and who else is choosing friend leads with only that criteria in mind

Like if you had no Gogeta and Majin Vegeta I see why. But Ulti PHY Gohan links bad with Gogeta is the only issue I have since some other unit has to act as buffer between the two of them to make the most of the team. This is strictly for WT, for quests and events Gogeta is ideal until Super Vegito.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
For WT Gogeta is my default friend to take if I can't get another aoe. He's Majin Vegeta's best Ki partner tied with SSJ3 Goku at 4 Ki. And for wt getting your aoes to super is the only priority. Doesn't really matter too much what my lead does if I don't have anyone better, +3 Ki is the important part of Gohan

I don't go around adding everyone I use though

I decided to use a DS for the WT since I was one won from a golden ticket. I got a SSR phy kami, I've seen lots of people use him so #worth lol. Also is much freiza phy guaranteed? I got 8 in a row then ran outta stamina lol. I got 7kc medals and 7 freiza medals, I'm gonna Dokkan em and feed them the undokkaned cards, I'd waste too many support items getting the 7 medals and I'm sure 4 days should be enough time to get them sa15. The real challenge is leveling them to 60, z-awakening, and then making em lvl 80. I might do the Bojack mission thing for the medals from the mission tab though.

SnakeEyes

Banned
For WT Gogeta is my default friend to take if I can't get another aoe. He's Majin Vegeta's best Ki partner tied with SSJ3 Goku at 4 Ki. And for wt getting your aoes to super is the only priority. Doesn't really matter too much what my lead does if I don't have anyone better, +3 Ki is the important part of Gohan

I don't go around adding everyone I use though
Yup.

1) Broly
2) Majin Vegeta
3) Gogeta

Go fuck yourself) PHY Ult. Gohan

linkent

Yup.

1) Broly
2) Majin Vegeta
3) Gogeta

Go fuck yourself) PHY Ult. Gohan