• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
We should get a DS for every minute of the upcoming maintenance Kappa
mb8msge.jpg

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'll never understand why people switch off their Gogetas/Brolys after WT; had to delete around 30 people for switching to undokkanded/shit piccolos/other junk.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'll never understand why people switch off their Gogetas/Brolys after WT; had to delete around 30 people for switching to undokkanded/shit piccolos/other junk.

Switched from my SA10 Gogeta to an unawakened Kibito to finish King Cold medals. #SorryNotSorry

I don't get what's the deal with people having random garbage as their leaders though. I guess they're leveling up characters?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Good bit of foresight to keep in mind for global. All three SSJ2 Goku's use the same dokkan awakening medal and Xeno Trunks and SSJ Future Gohan use the same dokkan awakening medal (the future gohan one)

Switched from my SA10 Gogeta to an unawakened Kibito to finish King Cold medals. #SorryNotSorry

I don't get what's the deal with people having random garbage as their leaders though. I guess they're leveling up characters?

I don't have an issue if its temp. But some people keep unawakened units in their leader slot for a long time and it is the most irritating thing in the world. At lower ranks I understand, but at rank 120+, you should always have a awakened unit leading. Even if it hasn't been dokkaned yet.

Missions and events need awakened units to farm them safely and without issue and having unawakened friends that just clog up space in your friend list is no good.

You should never have garbage cards leading anyways since they usually have terrible skills and would make training them even longer. Like a lot of URs I train on events I lead with my Gogeta because he brings down the event difficulty.

yogloo

I have it and he is good for the tourney if you do not have Majin but you have Broly,

Also he was part of the rebirth poll, he just got re-birthed in JPN and he is the best support card in the game - As far as ki goes :)
- +2ki to all + 20% Att up
- He still has a Supreme SA
- Good links (pfb/rfw)

I did 4 multi on the new banner , got nothing at all .. Thanks 5% rate ... That's so frustrating ... I think I need to start doing single pull lol
I hope we get around the same rate with JPN right now with their x2 banner - 14%!!
That's ssj2 goku phy. The one that I got is stunner goku.

SnakeEyes

Banned
8hrs of maintenance is rough. But at least I can do other stuff while I wait.

Oh, Pokemon Go update *still* hasn't dropped? Well fuck, I'm out of ideas.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
8hrs of maintenance is rough. But at least I can do other stuff while I wait.

Oh, Pokemon Go update *still* hasn't dropped? Well fuck, I'm out of ideas.

One Piece Treasure Cruise Global is finally getting Zephyr \o/

MisterMac

King Cold is kicking my ass. I guess I don't have enough diversity in my units to take him down yet. I got him once with a lucky attack, a lot of items, and a stone to revive my life. Wasted 75 stam today trying him. Guess I'll just keep grinding out story mode to beef up my collection.

Can anyone tell me if these Strikes are 1-time deals or do they rotate back in eventually? I have the SSR Broly that Dokkan Awakens but I started after his event was over.

Lagamorph

Any idea what the "new content" the maintenance notice is talking about is?

Still need to actually grind out the strike events as well. I have the characters, but they're all at SA1.
Except for King Cold, who I've got to SA4 so far.

The thing to do is get them all to SA10 and then another to SA5 right? And it's best to do that before you Dokkan the ones that can be?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Any idea what the "new content" the maintenance notice is talking about is?

Still need to actually grind out the strike events as well. I have the characters, but they're all at SA1.
Except for King Cold, who I've got to SA4 so far.

The thing to do is get them all to SA10 and then another to SA5 right? And it's best to do that before you Dokkan the ones that can be?
Probably pre-loading a lot of assets for upcoming events, like the 2nd wave of Baba's Treasure missions, other Super Strike events from Jackie Chun onwards etc., as well as assets for Dokkan Fests and Summon Banners.

Meneses

Can anyone tell me if these Strikes are 1-time deals or do they rotate back in eventually? I have the SSR Broly that Dokkan Awakens but I started after his event was over.

They'll come back, the Super Strike characters are required to beat the LR Goku event we'll get in the future.

I don't have a jp account but I think I read something about them being weekly events there, or rotating constantly or something like that (someone else in this thread can clarify this).

edit:

and to the surprise of no one, maintenance extended 3 hours lol

I'm hoping for 5 compensation stones for a freebie pull.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
King Cold is kicking my ass. I guess I don't have enough diversity in my units to take him down yet. I got him once with a lucky attack, a lot of items, and a stone to revive my life. Wasted 75 stam today trying him. Guess I'll just keep grinding out story mode to beef up my collection.

What STR units do you have? You really only need a mix of random unawakened units with a Gogeta friend that has 8 or above super attack for a guaranteed win. If you have the Baba shop Krillin for defending, you won't even need to use items.

Meneses

Get ready for:

"Our latest update interfered with our Tournament calculations and caused a data corruption. All your progress has been reset. We apologize for this inconvenience. Here's 10 Dragon Stones."

Welp, lets see the new update, I hope it's worth these delays. Yesterday I spent 100 dragon stones and I "only" got SSGSS Teq Goku, which is a card I've been after and fits my main deck (Super Gogeta STR, Janemba INT, Golden Freeza AGL, and Super Saiyan Gotenks or Bardock ), but I was expecting Majin Vegeta, but all I got were lots of Rs and SRs cards :(

Meneses

Welp, lets see the new update, I hope it's worth these delays. Yesterday I spent 100 dragon stones and I "only" got SSGSS Teq Goku, which is a card I've been after and fits my main deck (Super Gogeta STR, Janemba INT, Golden Freeza AGL, and Super Saiyan Gotenks or Bardock ), but I was expecting Majin Vegeta, but all I got were lots of Rs and SRs cards :(

Yeah, it's always disappointing when you don't get a card you want, but 2 multi-pulls for TEQ God Goku is a win in my opinion.

The Rs and SRs are unfortunately par for the course.

While some SRs can be effective, Rs in particular should be removed from DS summons.

Put all the Rs in the Friend Point pool, make it have some use besides training fodder.

lawl, three more hours!

I can't believe it's taking them so much to apply this new update, this update was applied months ago in the japanese version, what the hell Bamco!?

Can't wait for the bunch of stupid friend points and useless items the will give as compensation

StMeph

I always thought Dokkan and OPTC were managed by the same team, but clearly this is not the case. It's the same company, but I don't think OPTC has ever had this many maintenance/update issues.

10pm maintence time! Welp might as well go to sleep.
-wakes up at 7:30am- "o boy can't wait to see the new update! -maintence- da fuq? It's been 9 and a half hours! O well. Maybe free DS"

-go on break at 11-
"Time to see the new update!"
-maintence-
Wat teh fook?!?!?!

Inb4 50 free DS
pls

Edit: I bought the 32+20 pack of stones or whatever before the maintenance. Clearly namco was waiting till I invested lots of money before shutting the game off. Sorry guys I'm to blame :(

MiTYH

app store update is here

Confirmed here, NA. 69MB, about 260 files to download in the game itself

Super Attack Demo function added in Scouter.
“Treasures” list added in the Items page.
Gift box:
- The number of items to be accepted at once increased to 30.
- Details of items received when selecting “Accept all” to accept items.
Illustrations added in Help
Some bugs fixed

EDIT: Still 13:00 Maintenance

MiTYH

15:00 now lmao

Just saw this. WTF! At first thought it was Apple/Google not pushing the update that they were waiting for, but now...

Better get 10 stones or something, this is an entire day of not farming... anything! Strike events, new event, etc!

Lagamorph

Maintenance originally due to end at 11am, now scheduled to end 8pm.

I really wish I'd generated a transfer code just incase.

No Play store update in Europe yet either mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom