• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hooray for full card art

KUiuVVi.jpg

From my guaranteed SSR WT pull I was expecting to get total absolute shit.

Got Majin Vegeta

Celebrated for a good two minutes before I realized I only have 5 of the 7 medals I need to awaken him. Figured since I didn't have him I was wasting my time on farming for those medals. Feel really dumb now.

From my guaranteed SSR WT pull I was expecting to get total absolute shit.

Got Majin Vegeta

Celebrated for a good two minutes before I realized I only have 5 of the 7 medals I need to awaken him. Figured since I didn't have him I was wasting my time on farming for those medals. Feel really dumb now.

On the flip side I got 7 Awakening medals hoping to unlock him. And he said "Screw you" each pull :[.

Savitar

Both gold tickets got me SS3 Vegeta's, go figure. The DB's got me another Kami, Bunny Bulma, and old King Piccolo which was pretty cool, wanted him and the rejuvenated one.

The GT stuff got me garbage.

Mainly doing the quest for the DS, that's the only thing worthy about it.

MisterMac

What's your friend ID? I'll send an invite when I get home. Mine is SA10.

It took some items but wow thanks to your Gogeta I killed King Cold again! Lets see if I can manage it 4 more times! I think if I bring a Ki booster and a Sphere changer I can swing it again

SolidTexture

Neo Member
It took some items but wow thanks to your Gogeta I killed King Cold again! Lets see if I can manage it 4 more times! I think if I bring a Ki booster and a Sphere changer I can swing it again
I shot you a friend request. It isn't Gogeta, but I hope you don't mind AGL SS3 Goku.

I've been wanting some friends on there that I've actually added haha.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm more annoyed that the shop prizes for both end around the same time. In jp the GT story was real early into the first round of treasure items.

MisterMac

I shot you a friend request. It isn't Gogeta, but I hope you don't mind AGL SS3 Goku.

I've been wanting some friends on there that I've actually added haha.

Accepted! I usually have my Broly or Bardock as lead but soon I'll be leveling my green team so TEQ Super Saiyan Blue Goku will be out front.

That's what I was referring to. So I can't really farm for both Gems and Fruit, I have to pick one or the other.

Yea you can. Do a couple rounds of the new event then use the rest of your STA to do the story. X3 XP should get you enough to lvl up after like 3 or 4 runs on Z-Hard. Rinse and repeat.

As for the Super Strike I gave up on the 5% chance and I'ma get 7 more of each medal. Just to make sure to up them to 15SA i get one to 10SA DA em then I get another to SA5 DA em and feed the SA5 to the SA10, right?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Team toilet pulls ftw! :D

29635793956_d573f23d32.jpg

29671395375_8cb9b13a81.jpg
My DB Gold ticket pulls tonight totally redeemed my horrible 30-stone pull from this morning.

8 Gold tickets got me:
SRs
- Devilman
- Lunch
- Namu
- Bulma (Bunny Outfit)
- Oolong
- Bulma (Teen)

And...

SSRs
- Kami
- Demon King Piccolo (Youth)

So for this WT just gone, I got 4 DB SSRs as well as the 2 GSSR tickets. Luckiest I've been in months!

Meneses

Yea you can. Do a couple rounds of the new event then use the rest of your STA to do the story. X3 XP should get you enough to lvl up after like 3 or 4 runs on Z-Hard. Rinse and repeat.

While that works for most, at level 246 it takes me a full stamina bar to level up (I think I even need more than one natural bar at this point), so that's annoying.

As for the Super Strike I gave up on the 5% chance and I'ma get 7 more of each medal. Just to make sure to up them to 15SA i get one to 10SA DA em then I get another to SA5 DA em and feed the SA5 to the SA10, right?

You get your SA 10 and the medals, Dokkan it. Then you have two choices:

Safe way: You get your SA5 and the medals, Dokkan it, then feed it to the first one (zero chance of failure, but time/stamina/item consuming.)

"Fuck RNG this game hates me" way: You get your SA5 SSR without Dokkaning (I don't know what works best: if a single SA5, or 5 SA1s at the same time, or 1 SA1 at a time...) and risk the 50% chance. This can potentially save a lot of time/stamina if you have a really hard time beating the hardest stage for the medals.

I always went the safe route but to be honest if you want to try the 50% chance, this event is the best due to the Frieza drop rate being highly boosted.

Isn't there another Xenoverse banner coming down the line? Every time I get a Demigra friend, I get pretty jelly since he'd be a great addition to a Fear and Faith team since I have enough for a full team now. Never pulled on the banner previously.

MiTYH

How's everyone's farming of these GT characters going? Besides the guarenteed drops I haven't gotten any Gokus to drop yet, 0/4 (though I enjoy the short stage, and as long as you have a 1 you get the baba medals)

While that works for most, at level 246 it takes me a full stamina bar to level up (I think I even need more than one natural bar at this point), so that's annoying.

You get your SA 10 and the medals, Dokkan it. Then you have two choices:

Safe way: You get your SA5 and the medals, Dokkan it, then feed it to the first one (zero chance of failure, but time/stamina/item consuming.)

"Fuck RNG this game hates me" way: You get your SA5 SSR without Dokkaning (I don't know what works best: if a single SA5, or 5 SA1s at the same time, or 1 SA1 at a time...) and risk the 50% chance. This can potentially save a lot of time/stamina if you have a really hard time beating the hardest stage for the medals.

I always went the safe route but to be honest if you want to try the 50% chance, this event is the best due to the Frieza drop rate being highly boosted.
50% chance? It says 5% for me :/

GAH! I've wasted like 5 doing the 5% ;_;. So do I make one of em SA5 awaken it and feed it or do I awaken 5 of em? The latter seems like it'd be more time consuming than just getting the awakening medals and doing the same route.

Awaken 5 of them then pray to RNGesus. The SAs of a unit will only transfer over if it's the same exact card.

MiTYH

How's everyone's farming of these GT characters going? Besides the guarenteed drops I haven't gotten any Gokus to drop yet, 0/4 (though I enjoy the short stage, and as long as you have a 1 you get the baba medals)

Just to quote myself, went 0/6 getting gokus, then on the 7th try he dropped twice.

denebj

Neo Member
I did 2 summon on the GT, got the older Ten INT Gohan - Dupe, then PHY Goku GT ! Pretty nice :)

I got Rildo SR at SA10, I am farming the Goku SR GT, drop is pretty good for me (1/2 and sometimes double drop. SA6 for now !)
I am keeping all my ticket for the future DB and GSSR pool :) :)

linkent

AGL Gotenks + TEQ Whis for my GSSR! YAY!
seems like having good luck.
lets pull the discount GT banner!
5R + 2Shugesh+ SR Super Buu and SR Debura. :(

AGL Gotenks + TEQ Whis for my GSSR! YAY!
seems like having good luck.
lets pull the discount GT banner!
5R + 2Shugesh+ SR Super Buu and SR Debura. :(
Debura is pretty good for the KC & Freiza Super Strike. He has a chance to stub the enemy for that turn by simply attacking(doesn't have to super like other stun units. As such he only stuns them one turn rather than two).

MisterMac

How is everyone doing on GT medals? Should I be focusing on collecting awakenking capsules on the stages or clearing bosses and hoping they drop? Still unsure of how all this works

The way I see it, these two LRs are strictly for f2p players. I never have enough fp.
How? Using friends for battles nets you a good amount of FP.
How is everyone doing on GT medals? Should I be focusing on collecting awakenking capsules on the stages or clearing bosses and hoping they drop? Still unsure of how all this works
Try both if you can. I'm not 100% sure if awakening medals in those stages give GR medals since so far I never got any from landing on em, but there might actually be a chance to get em.

yogloo

How? Using friends for battles nets you a good amount of FP.

Try both if you can. I'm not 100% sure if awakening medals in those stages give GR medals since so far I never got any from landing on em, but there might actually be a chance to get em.
Currently I am working on 5 teq buu (sr to ur) , 9 teq ssj goku (r to ur) , 17 trunks agl (sr to ssr) , 12 bardock agl (sr to ssr) , 3 goten teq (sr to ur) , 4 trunks int (sr to ur) , and 8 mecha frieza int (sr to ur) . As p2p player, you tend to have lots of fodders to train and increase Sa with. It takes a lot of zenny and fp fodders to train and awaken them all.

Currently I am working on 5 teq buu (sr to ur) , 9 teq ssj goku (r to ur) , 17 trunks agl (sr to ssr) , 12 bardock agl (sr to ssr) , 3 goten teq (sr to ur) , 4 trunks int (sr to ur) , and 8 mecha frieza int (sr to ur) . As p2p player, you tend to have lots of fodders to train and increase Sa with. It takes a lot of zenny and fp fodders to train and awaken them all.
Oh my. Do you have units that are already DA which is why you're going through all this trouble to up their SA? I've bought a few stones but never got great things from the pulls. I did get a PHY Super Gotenks though so that was awesome. I would rather just wait forever and get elder Kai's lol.

yogloo

Oh my. Do you have units that are already DA which is why you're going through all this trouble to up their SA? I've bought a few stones but never got great things from the pulls. I did get a PHY Super Gotenks though so that was awesome. I would rather just wait forever and get elder Kai's lol.
Yes. Lol. I forgot my latest upcoming big grind 18 gohan phy (r to ssr). With the amount of awakenings that i do, I never have enough silver medals, zenny and n fodders.

If you have phy gotenks, you should start saving int kid trunks and teq kid goten. Both of them will get dokkan awakenings to ur. You can easily up your phy gotenks Sa with them. (which is what I am doing)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yes. Lol. I forgot my latest upcoming big grind 18 gohan phy (r to ssr). With the amount of awakenings that i do, I never have enough silver medals, zenny and n fodders.

If you have phy gotenks, you should start saving int kid trunks and teq kid goten. Both of them will get dokkan awakenings to ur. You can easily up your phy gotenks Sa with them. (which is what I am doing)
Those other Gotenks are worth keeping as they do stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom