• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem more or less the same to me.

I think I spent a few more items on #16, but that could have been just due to RNG. Only did 3 Vegetas, though, so it's a small sample size.
RNG hates me :(. Had to use two senzus, two yamas, an usher, and a dende.

Are there any phy cards that have perfect guard as a 100% instead if a high chance? Also stunners. I think my only phy stunner is phy Piccolo jr and his is mega rare(7 Vegeta medals so far and not a single stun by this ass).

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Are there any phy cards that have perfect guard as a 100% instead if a high chance? Also stunners. I think my only phy stunner is phy Piccolo jr and his is mega rare(7 Vegeta medals so far and not a single stun by this ass).

What PHY units do you have?

No joke, Bacterian stuns a crazy amount.
Two rolls, 1/5 chance to stun on Super, 1/4 chance to stun on normal hit. And if he doesn't stun, closing the app and repositioning him means another roll for both.

Meneses

I have Cell Jr. with a 30% guard, he's been my defensive MVP.

As said above, Bacterian can stun but i'm not having much luck. I also use White Hot Faceoff Goku for a low stun rate.

My other units are Super Strike Frieza and King Cold and that Ginyu/Goku.

GKFinns

I vastly prefer King Vegeta's stage because it liberally gives you Ki spaces and the random spaces are also highly likely to be Ki spaces.

Meanwhile, Android 16 is all "hope you like being damaged on your way to me! If not, you can always make this take longer by fighting Cell."

In other news, I got my 14 medals for each. Hurray!

5/14 for vegeta. I think ima do gem farming first so I can get teq piccolo since has has the guard passive. Will be useful when Vegeta Strike comes back since I don't have any TEQ with that passive.

I'm doing
PHY SR Goku(Ginyu) leader
PHY SR King Cold
SSR PHY Metal Coora
PHY Piccolo Jr
PHY Veku
PHY Goku (youth)
and Gogeta friend.

Works out pretty well, Ginyu leader gives 30% health and his passive turns TEQ orbs to rainbow which has connected red for me plenty of times.
Veku has a high chance to take 50% dmg and the rest are just filler since I don't got a lot of good SR phy.

It works well depending on RNG. Sometimes I use 1 senzu, sometimes 2 senzus, a dende, and a yama.

I took your idea and used it to make farming easier. My team works but it takes so much longer when Gogeta only has to super about 5 times or less to finish the battle. It really helps that Gotenks Fat costs a stupidly low amount compared to most SRs.

My new team is

PHY Goku Ginyu SSR
PHY Venku SSR
PHY Fattenks SSR
PHY Cell Jr. SR
PHY Xeno Trunks SSR
Empty slot aka Saibamen
Friend SA lvl 10 Gogeta

I also have STR World Tournament Announcer for the 30% boost to attack for Gogeta who can take out an entire bar at SA 10 if you buff him doing that.

Cell Jr. and Venku do most of the blocking. Usher for when Gogeta is in danger of being hit.

Can usually finish in about 8-9 turns or less.

SA 15 and awakened to UR for both King Vegeta and 16. Was pretty easy with this setup:

30139284035_3783ced926.jpg

KK Goku and Goku Ginyu orb change to rainbows while the SSBs turn them orange. Fattenks wipes the floor.

Time to grind them gems! What's supposed to be next? Another dokkan or is it the GT nukers?

Love the PHY pull as that's my struggle point with my comps.
I'm now up to SA 5 on PHY Evil Buu. I have no clue why I keep getting them.
I also have 6 Gokus, with 4 of them being "Super Saiyan Goku" so I can't use most of them.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is LR Goku really worth all this grinding? Seems like I need to spend all my stamina on farming for this dude.

Durden77

Arg I'm so tempted to pull this Ki Changing banner again! The first time I got the SR AGL Trunks that changes rainbow to AGL that seems really useful. Rest was kind of garbage. Someone talk me out of it!

I just want PHY SSB Vegeta so bad.

Savitar

One card that is actually helpful and has a low usage count is the Krillian from the Return of Friezea event, remember that one? He's on his hover...thing with his police uniform. He's pretty decent to use, plus he can give Goku a little boost too.

If you were around at the time you may finally have a reason to use him. If you weren't....well ignore this.

What PHY units do you have?

I haven't trained a lot of em since I'm waiting until the LR Androids drop in the friend point pool. Knowing my luck I should save as many FP as possible.

I took your idea and used it to make farming easier. My team works but it takes so much longer when Gogeta only has to super about 5 times or less to finish the battle. It really helps that Gotenks Fat costs a stupidly low amount compared to most SRs.

My new team is

PHY Goku Ginyu SSR
PHY Venku SSR
PHY Fattenks SSR
PHY Cell Jr. SR
PHY Xeno Trunks SSR
Empty slot aka Saibamen
Friend SA lvl 10 Gogeta

I also have STR World Tournament Announcer for the 30% boost to attack for Gogeta who can take out an entire bar at SA 10 if you buff him doing that.

Cell Jr. and Venku do most of the blocking. Usher for when Gogeta is in danger of being hit.

Can usually finish in about 8-9 turns or less.
Glad I could help :)

I like with mine is that Gogeta will almost always super as long as he and Veku are together. If I get a SA 10 Gogeta friend the fight is over after like 4 supers excluding the first phase. Also if RNG likes me it only takes a couple Senzus. I never had to use all my items yet. I need 3 more Vegeta then I can go to android 16

edit: annnnnnnnnd I jinxed myself. I used everything except 1 usher lol. I need a unit that seals supers, because he literally did a super every. single. turn. I have Super Gotenks but his cost is way too high since he's UR

Meneses

Are there any other events in Japan that could come to Global where there's a team cost limit?

There's a bunch of units I want to awaken but i'm hesitating to increase their cost.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I haven't trained a lot of em since I'm waiting until the LR Androids drop in the friend point pool. Knowing my luck I should save as many FP as possible.

Your SSR Super Saiyan Goku has a 20% stun on super attack.

Speaking of stunning - has anyone been able to stun Android 16? I haven't stunned him once during the course of getting 6 medals. Is he immune?

Your SSR Super Saiyan Goku has a 20% stun on super attack.

Speaking of stunning - has anyone been able to stun Android 16? I haven't stunned him once during the course of getting 6 medals. Is he immune?

Hm. I might rearrange my team then. Because according t the wiki, Piccolo Jr has a 4% chance FOUR PERCENT! No wonder he never stunned, damn...I think someone may have mentioned that already, if so, sorry for ignoring you lol.

However, if Android 16 is immune to stuns then I see no point since I only need 1 Vegeta medal anyways.

Meneses

If you have anything with Perfect Guard, bring it. I think Veku has it? (or at least a chance to trigger it).

Then stuff that stuns and/or reduces attack.

Super Strike Frieza, White Hot Faceoff Goku, Kai of Time, Bacterian.

That UR King Cold will probably make it too expensive, but he's good too.

You already have Gogeta so no need to bring him as a friend, which brings the cost down. You can probably grab one of those default friends.

MiTYH

If you have anything with Perfect Guard, bring it. I think Veku has it? (or at least a chance to trigger it).

Then stuff that stuns and/or reduces attack.

Super Strike Frieza, White Hot Faceoff Goku, Kai of Time, Bacterian.

That UR King Cold will probably make it too expensive, but he's good too.

You already have Gogeta so no need to bring him as a friend, which brings the cost down. You can probably grab one of those default friends.

Alright, thanks for the tips. Went in just now with Gogeta lead, Veku, Kai of Time, Mecha Frieza, Bacterian, and an empty slot. Someone had an SSR King Cold which I took and was grateful for. With all my love of Gogeta, I was really hoping he'd do more damage at SA 10 than 2/3 a health bar. Wound up using 2 Senzus and a Ghost Usher. Not terrible, all things considered. Since the droprate took me ages for Android 16, I'll probably tough out the 14 medals needed rather than risk it all

Looks like a few friends have SSR King Cold SS, so that'll be my go-to friend for this. I really hate these events, but out of all of them, these two units are the most-needed, so I gotta do it if I want even a chance at the LR Goku

EDIT: Second time was SO much better. Kai of Time stunned, finally, and I got Gogeta/Veku to link (they were opposite ends first time). Only had to use 1 Senzu bean

The event info says you get a reward for defeating cell. What is it?

Btw has anyone managed to stun Android 16?

Edit: Damn, 1senzu? Almost everytimr I gotta use two senzus, a dende, an usher, and a yama. I need good stunners :/. White-Hot Goku is alright but even 40% doesn't cut it

commish

If I'm farming the strikes, how many of each do I need? Just the 10 to reach SA10? and then 7 medals to dokkan?

MiTYH

The event info says you get a reward for defeating cell. What is it?

Btw has anyone managed to stun Android 16?

Edit: Damn, 1senzu? Almost everytimr I gotta use two senzus, a dende, an usher, and a yama. I need good stunners :/. White-Hot Goku is alright but even 40% doesn't cut it

Yeah, as you can see Kai of Time stunned him 2 times in a row per her ability. He still showed up as going to attack, but he was skipped. It was a welcome relief!

If I'm farming the strikes, how many of each do I need? Just the 10 to reach SA10? and then 7 medals to dokkan?

To get max use of these units, you need 10 for SA10, and then 5 more on a separate one. Then either 7 medals, and hope for a 50%, or 14 medals and guarantee it

commish

To get max use of these units, you need 10 for SA10, and then 5 more on a separate one. Then either 7 medals, and hope for a 50%, or 14 medals and guarantee it

Sorry, I'm not following when you say "separate one". Why would I need 5 for a separate one?

I didn't realize a medal only gave me a 50% chance. Ugh.

Thanks!

Sorry, I'm not following when you say "separate one". Why would I need 5 for a separate one?

Thanks!
After dokkan awakening a Super Strike character, its max SA goes up to 15. That's why you'd need another Super Strike character with 5 SA to hit max. Or use elder kais or attempt to level it with a non-dokkan awakened one for chance at increasing the SA.

Meneses

Thanks!

Super Strike characters go up to Super Attack 15 after Dokkan, so you need an SA 10 character and an SA5 to train together.

Medals aren't 50%, they're guaranteed, but you can take a "shortcut" if you're a gambling man:

The first basic step is getting 7 medals to guarantee you Dokkan awaken one of those characters.

Then, You can either grind 7 more medals and Dokkan awaken the other one for a guaranteed result when you train them, or you can gamble by skipping the second set of 7 medals and use the non-dokkaned SSR to train with the Dokkaned version. This gives you a 50/50 chance of raising the SA.

commish

Oh, got it, thanks for the explanation. If the only reason to do that extra stuff is to raise the SA from 10 to 15, I think I will pass... I hate farming this as it is!

BrunoM

Ok, so I'm just about done farming for drops (freaking 2+ days for 14 Android 16s...). Can anyone offer a good team to use for their super strikes? I've got a Gogeta SA 10 to use, I just don't know what to bring cost-wise or items. PHY is my weakest element
Tell me about it I'm doing king Vegeta 2 days now ONLY 2 drops got the medals with 2 stamina bars no problems there now need him to drop 10 more times it's breaking me inside it really is WTF lol

Yeah, as you can see Kai of Time stunned him 2 times in a row per her ability. He still showed up as going to attack, but he was skipped. It was a welcome relief!

I don't have her :(. I haven't done any pulls since I'm saving my DS for the disappointment of not getting Super Vegito

Almost done farming #16's 2nd set of medals. Then its time to farm the android and King Vegeta himself. Have Pikkon to do but I won't bother with him since he is AGL except to get the stone.

7 android 16 medals down, 7 to go. I'm losing so many support items :[. I've hit double digit senzus D:.

Anyways I got a dupe SSJ3 Vegeta from the GSSR, should I up his SA or sell it to baba for a delicious 10k points. Speaking of baba I really wish they'd put more SR support items. I used to see senzus, dendes, etc yet the past 10 refreshes had none of em

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
7 android 16 medals down, 7 to go. I'm losing so many support items :[. I've hit double digit senzus D:.

Anyways I got a dupe SSJ3 Vegeta from the GSSR, should I up his SA or sell it to baba for a delicious 10k points. Speaking of baba I really wish they'd put more SR support items. I used to see senzus, dendes, etc yet the past 10 refreshes had none of em

You can always buy 3 senzus a day with zenny

SnakeEyes

Banned
... We now have 4 Super Strikes running concurrently: Vegeta has returned, alongside the current King Vegeta and Android #16, and who have also been joined by Piquhuan.

Goddamnit.

MiTYH

... We now have 4 Super Strikes running concurrently: Vegeta has returned, alongside the current King Vegeta and Android #16, and who have also been joined by Piquhuan.

Goddamnit.

Kind of how I feel. I'm only at 8 medals for Android 16 since he took 3 days to gather drops, and no medals for King Vegeta, AND still missing 5 copies. So... I'm skipping all AGL strike units until further notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom