• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMac

Yeah we need a Brunks/Troly card.

Also, he best be putting in work next episode.

Time Traveling Sinner - Super Saiyan Who The Fuck Knows Trunks (Future)

I'm not getting my hopes up that jobbing doesn't run in the family but if ever there was a time for my boy to shine it's now!

Wazzy

Banned
Hey quick question about leader choice.

I've stuck with SSGGoku ever since I pulled him when he first released but I'm feeling like he's not a great choice what with so many new units since his arrival. I'm thinking of changing him but I'm not sure what leader is considered the best for overall use.

The UR's I have that I'm not sure to replace him with are: STR SS3Goku , PHY Ultimate Gohan, STR God Goku , and Majin Vegeta. They're all in my main team.

Aiii

So not worth it
I picked this back up 1,5 weeks ago (had to start a new account, since I lost my old one), and I already managed to make it up to rank 63. Global is a lot more fun now that the pulls aren't completely shit anymore.

Did a couple of multi-summons today on the GT event, that was fun:
8n0HgdM.jpg
JfrO6pI.jpg

MisterMac

Oh man looks like the Goten from the new GT Event will help me out in dealing with the INT Super Strikes. Might have to pause and get him farmed up to SA10 and leveled up ASAP so I can grind out these last medals...after I get 10 more 16s. Maybe I can find the time to get General Rildo awakened and SA boosted too. We'll see.

Too many tempting banners. I want GT Trunks, Future Gohan, Xeno Trunks. I probably won't be able to resist a multi summon when the STR Banner with STR SSJ2 Future Trunks rolls around.

Meneses

50 million different currencies in the baba shop and still no tabs to sort through them or a "don't reset the list all the way to the start whenever I view an item".

Good job, good effort.

Durden77

50 million different currencies in the baba shop and still no tabs to sort through them or a "don't reset the list all the way to the start whenever I view an item".

Good job, good effort.

Yeah man, above anything right now this game needs a serious overhaul on menus/loading times. Global is a lot more fun now that I've come back to it about a month ago compared to a year ago, but all the menu shit, it's such a fucking mess in so many ways. It's manageable, but it feels like it's being forced to do so much shit, and the general menu layout and little things like the shop resetting everytime you look at an item like you mentioned, are just fucked.

But considering JP is still running on the same menus (I think) then I don't see us getting that anytime soon. Real shame.

StMeph

4x multis with literally nothing and then INT Baby 2 on a single pull. No SSJ3 GT Goku, but I think I'm done with this banner.

I've stuck with SSGGoku ever since I pulled him when he first released but I'm feeling like he's not a great choice what with so many new units since his arrival. I'm thinking of changing him but I'm not sure what leader is considered the best for overall use.

As a leader you'll probably want to use PHY Ult Gohan if you've Dokkaned him for his +3 Ki All leader skill. Pair that with any other +3 Ki leaders like Gogeta, another PHY Gohan, or TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta to throw supers all day.

Meneses

All of you Bamco spies need to stop posting your fake pulls designed to make me spend my stones.

Congrats on the pulls.

Wazzy

Banned
4x multis with literally nothing and then INT Baby 2 on a single pull. No SSJ3 GT Goku, but I think I'm done with this banner.

As a leader you'll probably want to use PHY Ult Gohan if you've Dokkaned him for his +3 Ki All leader skill. Pair that with any other +3 Ki leaders like Gogeta, another PHY Gohan, or TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta to throw supers all day.
Hmmm I missed his Dokkan Awaken event, is it going to come back? I'll definitely change him to my leader if it does.

Also thanks for suggestion!

MiTYH

Loving me some free stones today. Did a single pull on the banner though and got R Hercule.... soo we're done with that

The only thing I believe that hasn't returned was the pre Return of F event.
I haven't seen a return of the heros of justice or whatever event either.

Hmmm I missed his Dokkan Awaken event, is it going to come back? I'll definitely change him to my leader if it does.

Also thanks for suggestion!
Probably. Howecer, it will be fixed this time. First time it came out it was bugged and significantly easier(I think his defensive ability wasn't triggering?) So I farmed all 30 medals despite not having any of him lol.

MisterMac

Anyone tried farming Goten or Vegeta from the GT event? Are the drop rates not horrific or should I get back to working on 16/King Vegeta

Kitoro

Hey everyone! I started this game the day it released, and had some fun with it before burning out on bad pulls and the like.

I've been in a real DBZ mode lately, though, and figured I'd re-roll until I got something good to start with.

I ended up getting a Burgeoning Might Super Saiyan Goten (Kid), which I gather is pretty solid, so I'm moving forward with him. What's my game plan, if I may ask? Blow through Quest content, load up on Dragon Stones, and splurge on an AGL specific banner or something (to take advantage of Goten's Leader Skill)?

Thanks!

linkent

Ah, well shit.

And screw you guys on your Goten drops. After the 2 guaranteed ones I'm 0-3. Bout to say fuck it.
Buy the 4000coins for 3 medals.
You will save 500 that way.
Only need 3 of medals to awaken both

Seems like it is a good idea to dokkan sa10 ssj goten
And farm another sa10 goten.
Both can be used together and link well.

Durden77

Did a multi pull after two single pulls (fuckin Uub get AWAY) on the Teq banner because I have no self control.

g8tR9Gz.png

Really wanted a Vegeta, but this is the first time I've gotten 2 SSRs in a pull so that's neat. Are these 2 good?

I swear to god though I have so many Gokus now I can start a Goku farm. Wish the game would stop preying on my need for a good Vegeta.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Two days in on the GT event and both Goten and Vegeta haven been dokkan'd at SA10, not too shabby.

Not sure if the rates have been increased but I'm getting a lot more drops this time, including a bunch of double drops.

Sec0nd

Really enjoying these GT events. They make me want to watch GT. I've tried watching it once but I gave up pretty early on because it just wasn't hooking me and I was pretty busy. But the story bits in these events seem kind of interesting. Thoughts? Should I try to watch GT again?

Really enjoying these GT events. They make me want to watch GT. I've tried watching it once but I gave up pretty early on because it just wasn't hooking me and I was pretty busy. But the story bits in these events seem kind of interesting. Thoughts? Should I try to watch GT again?
No. If you enjoy DBZ do not taint that love with GT. I've heard super is good though, didn't watch it because it's still subbed.

Anywho I got all the medals, now to grind 20 of each card ughghdhhghrdhjfwghethgvbfg

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

I watched it for the first time around May this year. I enjoyed it - if only for the chance to see new content with familiar characters I enjoy. Admittedly, whenever the show got really bad I fast forwarded or skipped episodes.

I then checked out Super which I avoided because I hate subtitles and the difference in quality is crazy and reminded me why GT gets so much hate. I now look forward to watching that every weekend.

You're all playing GT and here I am trying to get my last two Android cards.

Go to an episode guide and watch fights. Only good thing about GT. Don't even worry about the entire thing. SS4 Gogeta is the only good thing we got out of GT imho.

I'm at 270 gems and need 30 more for Krillian so now I need to farm that first. Then I need to do the GT event.

Durden77

Every Vegeta is handicapped in some way.

Vegeta seems bad so i'm just gonna grind two Gotens.

Why they gotta do my dawg like that. I've heard PHY SSB Vegeta is good though, and he seems useful. Him or Majin are the ones I want so bad.

I watched it for the first time about 2 years ago, and finished it just to say I finished it. Aside from a few cool story ideas and things, it felt like a chore to watch. Aside from a couple of things I like to try and forget it exists.

But a minority of people really seem to stand by it and enjoy it. I would say maybe give a few episodes a shot. If it hooks you, great. If not, then don't feel bad about shutting it off completely or skipping through it. If it makes you feel that way, you really won't miss much.

Kitoro

Are these event characters worth grinding for actual use, or just collection purposes? How do they rank on tier lists, for example? Thanks!

Also, any advice for a new player? A roadmap, maybe?

StMeph

Are these event characters worth grinding for actual use, or just collection purposes? How do they rank on tier lists, for example? Thanks!

The event characters are necessary for an upcoming event later to earn the game's first LR tier character. Aside from that they aren't very good, but the event's restrictions allow you to only use the Super Strike event cards.

Durden77

As far as how the event characters rank I'm not sure, Goten seems useful. But as far as a new player, I'm someone who played this game for months on release, quit for about a year, and just started again with a new account about a little over a month ago. I'd say mainly focus on quests, ranking up your player level, and story events.

Getting a bigger stamina bar is extremely important, and you're not going to be able to really do strikes to their full potential anyway right now (plus they come back around). Evem at rank 70something I still rarley do strikes right now. You may have to play catch up later, but you'll be much better equipped to do it with better characters, dragon stones, and stamina stocked.

Also, try your best to save your dragon stones. It can be tempting to pull, and you should sometimes, but wait until there's a banner that reaaaaallly looks like something you want/an important character for the long game. Super Vegito is coming soon, and everyone is recommending saving them for him because he's supposed to be boss.

MisterMac

Thanks! And lastly, did I miss the AGL only summon event? Any advice on what to hoard my pulls for?

There was an AGL only summon recently. Everywhere I look it has been shouted at me "Save for Super Vegito!!" Apparently the meta will progress to the point where beating the newer raids becomes much more challenging without one of the baddest of the badass new cards like Super Vegito or Broly. Plus just about every card will be available on the Super Vegito banner which should also have PHY Broly.

I only started a month ago and getting more stamina is the most important thing. I recommend doing World Tournament when it comes around but not spending stones on it. Just get as many of the dragon stone rewards as you can without spending to refill stamina so you can bank more stones. If you can manage to grab 5 silver tickets across two WTs that will net you an SSR for your effort, call that a win.

Do everything you can to rank up and hoard your stones. If you hoard stones it might be beneficial to grind out the first half of some super strikes to pad out your collection and get a leg up for when LR Goku comes around

Meneses

Why they gotta do my dawg like that. I've heard PHY SSB Vegeta is good though, and he seems useful. Him or Majin are the ones I want so bad.

Those two are definitely good cards, one is the nuke leader for PHY, which for now is still an effective tactic, and the other has an attack-all super after Dokkaning, invaluable for World Tournaments (the SA level needs to be high in order for it to be really useful outside WTs, but it's still pretty good).

But in general, a recurring joke / complaint in Dokkan Battle is how Vegeta cards always get shafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom