• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOLO pulled on the TEQ banner. I think the game is taking this creepy clown thing too seriously.

29871236290_82f6f27511.jpg

But hey, non-dupe SSB Goku! :D

Meneses

Will the AGL super strike units be required for any future events?

Because otherwise I won't probably bother with Paikuhan, since I only have 1 card of him and it took me forever to beat the second stage for a medal.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The AGLs are useless for the LR Goku fight and the fights for the LR Androids don't have team restrictions. For now they are not required for anything unless they come out with another LR fight similar to Goku and have the boss be STR

Can anyone tell me a way to beat the 16 super strike? Do I even need him for LR Goku? The 100 capacity is such a pain since most of my mains units are Dokkans with a cost of over 40 each.

Meneses

Can anyone tell me a way to beat the 16 super strike? Do I even need him for LR Goku? The 100 capacity is such a pain since most of my mains units are Dokkans with a cost of over 40 each.

I'd say Android 16 is essential for LR Goku.

Tell us what PHY characters you have and we can try to help. There are a few good team combinations on the previous pages, too.

MiTYH

When in doubt, use PHY to block and Gogeta to KO. a SA10 friend will get him done in 3 attacks in the second stage

Meneses

When in doubt, use PHY to block and Gogeta to KO. a SA10 friend will get him done in 3 attacks in the second stage

Yeah, this is pretty much the way to go if you're stuck on any strike.

Might need to use a bunch of items depending on luck, but it will get the job done.

There's a second stage?! I think I may just pass on it then.

My PHY units consist of Dokkan ultimate Gohan, SS Gotenks, then a bunch of random SR units that are weak as could be. I'd use my Gogeta but that's half the team cost. Is this the hardest content in the game or something? Because I'm finding a huge difficulty jump between these and the other Dokkans due to the team cost.

Edit: Screw it they can keep LR Goku. In four runs he's either taken forever plus a large collection of items to deplete half the first health bar or literally one shot Gogeta before I even get to make a move. Not worth the hassle at all.

Can enemy SAs damage change each new encounter or I'm I losing my mind? I swear anytime Android 16 SAd my Goku(kid) it would do less than 26k dmg. This time it did 260056 or something. TWENTY GODDAMN MORE THAN I HAD HEALTHHHHHHHHHHH! I didn't close in time because I thought I'd live :(
Edit: Damnnnnnnn. RNG was super kind to me. Android 16 didn't SA a single time, and never attacked more than twice in a turn. Hell he only attacked twice like three times, every other time was one attack. Only had to use 1 yama and a senzu and that was without having stunners lol.

MiTYH

There's a second stage?! I think I may just pass on it then.

My PHY units consist of Dokkan ultimate Gohan, SS Gotenks, then a bunch of random SR units that are weak as could be. I'd use my Gogeta but that's half the team cost. Is this the hardest content in the game or something? Because I'm finding a huge difficulty jump between these and the other Dokkans due to the team cost.

Don't instult R/SR units. I've got the Kai of Time SR, not even awoken, and she stuns 2 turns sometimes. SR Veku (farmable) is a good blocker. Add in a KC strike unit for damage reduction, and never block with Gogeta, and I'm working on medal 13/14 as I type

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Can enemy SAs damage change each new encounter or I'm I losing my mind? I swear anytime Android 16 SAd my Goku(kid) it would do less than 26k dmg. This time it did 260056 or something. TWENTY GODDAMN MORE THAN I HAD HEALTHHHHHHHHHHH! I didn't close in time because I thought I'd live :(

Did he happen to have any of his defense links active the first time and not the second?

Did he happen to have any of his defense links active the first time and not the second?
Nope. I just went through the list of linkable characters for his two defense links and I don't use any other character on the lists. I'm not too upset since it happened on like the first turn in his second phase. I think I need 5 more medals then I can grind his drops ughhhhh. I'm probably gonna grind the drops for pikkon and Vegeta but not bother with their medals since my TEQ is lacking and they're not really needed for LR Goku.

MiTYH

I just realized, I didn't get to farm AGL Super Strike Vegeta because I needed to TUR my cell, and needed medals.

Now he's back and... the Dokkan event STILL hasn't come back! What they heck, that's not cool.

Granted I did pull TEQ SS Blue Goku, but still. It's the principle of the thing!

Btw if anyone is having trouble with Vegeta/Pikkon the SSR TEQ Piccolo in Baba's treasure has the passive that reduces damage by 50% when guarding and is only 100 gems.

Edit:. Autocorrect is ducking annoying

MiTYH

Question for hose who play JPN/ know this

- is LR goku always there, or does he rotate?
- about how often do super strikes return?

I finished Android 16 and about to start working on KVegeta, but I need 200 gems to get the last baba character and want to make sure I have time without using stones.

Don't instult R/SR units. I've got the Kai of Time SR, not even awoken, and she stuns 2 turns sometimes. SR Veku (farmable) is a good blocker. Add in a KC strike unit for damage reduction, and never block with Gogeta, and I'm working on medal 13/14 as I type

Looks like I just don't have the units then. I had a fresh account from when Gogeta launched and have whole bunch of UR characters but very few good SR units like the ones from events.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Question for hose who play JPN/ know this

- is LR goku always there, or does he rotate?
- about how often do super strikes return?

I finished Android 16 and about to start working on KVegeta, but I need 200 gems to get the last baba character and want to make sure I have time without using stones.

LR Goku comes back every sunday. Some time after LR Goku Super Strikes started running Monday-Friday with increased drop rates. The type of SS match the medal that usually runs on that day, AGL-Monday, TEQ-Tues etc.

MisterMac

Did a single pull on the PHY Banner hoping for magic, got a dupe SR Tracksuit Gohan. My friend didn a bunch of multis on the Ki changer banner and walked away with PHY SSGSS Vegeta, 2x TEQ SSGSS Goku, and the SSR 17/18 Orb Changer. Makes me wanna spend stones.

42weqnO.jpg

Do I have a chance on the INT Super Strikes or should I just grind out my 15 drops and see if I am in a better position next time they come round? I'm going gray from the stress of the Gogeta friend and pray strategy

Did a single pull on the PHY Banner hoping for magic, got a dupe SR Tracksuit Gohan. My friend didn a bunch of multis on the Ki changer banner and walked away with PHY SSGSS Vegeta, 2x TEQ SSGSS Goku, and the SSR 17/18 Orb Changer. Makes me wanna spend stones.

42weqnO.jpg

Do I have a chance on the INT Super Strikes or should I just grind out my 15 drops and see if I am in a better position next time they come round? I'm going gray from the stress of the Gogeta friend and pray strategy

You have a chance but you have to be willing to use a lot of items. Grab a friend SA 10 Gogeta and use that Bardock to give him ki links.

I did Pikkon and it wasn't too hard. But now I have to farm King Vegeta for 10 drops and that might take a while.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
LR Goku comes back every sunday. Some time after LR Goku Super Strikes started running Monday-Friday with increased drop rates. The type of SS match the medal that usually runs on that day, AGL-Monday, TEQ-Tues etc.

Seems like it makes some sense to wait if you have other things to do. I have some story to still go through ...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I'm sure the super strikes will come back before LR Goku is released anyways.

And if he ends up being too much/wastes all of your resources, you can wait for the Chilled Super Strike which supposedly makes the fight much easier.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah it seems like Global is going to be getting the "What If" Fusions a lot sooner than expected, if the NYCC announcement is anything to go by.

BrunoM

Yeah it seems like Global is going to be getting the "What If" Fusions a lot sooner than expected, if the NYCC announcement is anything to go by.
Well the fusions in the JP version is because of the game and u line all normal dokkan events it's not a dokkan thing the game will be out in NA in December so the want to promote it ..

In any case this king Vegeta drop is killing me lol

Well the fusions in the JP version is because of the game and u line all normal dokkan events it's not a dokkan thing the game will be out in NA in December so the want to promote it ..

In any case this king Vegeta drop is killing me lol

I'm like 0/20 so far, its been so annoying cause I need 9 of him lol.

linkent

after 1 drop in 260stamina, that bring me a level up and give me 4 in 130stamina!
finally done with both of them.
i dunno how i farmed all units x15 except this 2 int unit which is most important n LR fight.
off to pikkon medals!

BrunoM

after 1 drop in 260stamina, that bring me a level up and give me 4 in 130stamina!
finally done with both of them.
i dunno how i farmed all units x15 except this 2 int unit which is most important n LR fight.
off to pikkon medals!
Tell me about it finish him last night somehow got 3 drops in 60 stamina was way to happy ..

Today used my one bar to get 6 medals for 16 8 more to go ..

I got most of them to 15 the 3 I didn't touch at all were king Vegeta aking cold and pikon ...
Let's say I'm going to hate having to finish cold fuck my luck lol ..

Well at lest king Vegeta is done ..
And not really in a rush for pikon seeing as he is agl amd LR goku is teq ...

So I don't really get how the LR Goku thing is going to work other than I need specific units, which will need specials at 15. The 25 stam versions of these events are a bit out of my range due to a lack of cards. Would it still be worth the time to grind the 15 stam ones to get their special to 10?

So I don't really get how the LR Goku thing is going to work other than I need specific units, which will need specials at 15. The 25 stam versions of these events are a bit out of my range due to a lack of cards. Would it still be worth the time to grind the 15 stam ones to get their special to 10?

Yes very much so. Grab another 5 too to make the grind less once you have the units to get the 7 medals you need to awaken them.

What units are essential for LR Goku? The ones I know(or heard are needed) are:
King Vegeta
Android #16
Jackie Chun
King Cold
Frieza

Also, got the 15 drops from Android #16. Now, I just need to wait till LR Android drop in FP to do pulls, I have enough to do over 60 pulls on that lol. Hopefully that's enough to get LR Androids. I wish it'd come already I wanna train my units to DA em and get their SA to 15 >:[

edit: I lied...I need one more drop :[

MisterMac

You have a chance but you have to be willing to use a lot of items. Grab a friend SA 10 Gogeta and use that Bardock to give him ki links.

I did Pikkon and it wasn't too hard. But now I have to farm King Vegeta for 10 drops and that might take a while.

Thanks for the advice. I was able to beat him without too many items. A tree of might fruit, a Whis, and a senzu. Two saibaman allies to make room for Gogeta. Finally got my 15 King Vegeta. Now to work 16.

How difficult are the Broly and Maijin Vegeta events to get the medals from them? I want to make sure I am in a good position to get both those guys awakened so I don't want to exhaust my item supply. I know Broly requires rampage disabling links or passives. Don't know what I need for Vegeta

Decided to do the Vegeta & Pikkon DA for the DSs(not point in getting their medals if LR goku is TEQ, ima prolly farm their drops though so if an LR STR comes out I can skip that step). Used only 1 senzu for Vegeta, but had to use all items due to bad RNG for pikkon. However, I'd say it was worth it for the DS.

Thanks for the advice. I was able to beat him without too many items. A tree of might fruit, a Whis, and a senzu. Two saibaman allies to make room for Gogeta. Finally got my 15 King Vegeta. Now to work 16.

How difficult are the Broly and Maijin Vegeta events to get the medals from them? I want to make sure I am in a good position to get both those guys awakened so I don't want to exhaust my item supply. I know Broly requires rampage disabling links or passives. Don't know what I need for Vegeta

Majin Vegeta needs strong PHY and TEQ units to deal with the INT Vegeta and AGL Trunks SSJs to grab the medals. A good Gogeta lead can just super them though so its not that big of an issue. Same with Broly though a team of AGLs can just roll him over if you can super every turn and eat the damage with the links or have 2 blockers handy.

MiTYH

Spent the weekend baba gem farming, which went well. Got over 200 with natural stamina, so I got the last SSR character that's expiring soon. I'm spending today mixing between a few more gem runs and getting my last 7 KVegeta medals, since I think we get the new content tonight.

Still need 5 more KVegeta copies, but ehhhh the drop rate stinks, so I'll just get them another time.

Sec0nd

Man, the game js getting some serious content overload lol. I remember getting quite bored and sometimes having to wait a week or two for some new events. But now I just can't finish everything in time!

commish

I have 3 Majin Vegetas by pulling on the current banner - what should I do with them? Dokkan all 3 when it comes back around? Sell 2? Level up one of their supers?

linkent

I have 3 Majin Vegetas by pulling on the current banner - what should I do with them? Dokkan all 3 when it comes back around? Sell 2? Level up one of their supers?

level up his super.
his AOE and Broly's couldnt kill some story mode mobs.
some extra damage will definitely help.

Stop. STOP! You're gonna make me pull, then the Super Vegito/Super Gogeta banner will come and I won't have any DS!

Edit: fuck my self-control. I did three single pulls and got an Ubb, a Guildo, and tall red hair dude from Bojack movie.

commish

level up his super.
his AOE and Broly's couldnt kill some story mode mobs.
some extra damage will definitely help.

Aight, thanks!

Stop. STOP! You're gonna make me pull, then the Super Vegito/Super Gogeta banner will come and I won't have any DS!

Edit: fuck my self-control. I did three single pulls and got an Ubb, a Guildo, and tall red hair dude from Bojack movie.

Friend, you are talking to the KING of no self control, so I can relate ;)

Amzin

Yes very much so. Grab another 5 too to make the grind less once you have the units to get the 7 medals you need to awaken them.

It's worth noting that if you have a lot of different things to work on, the super strike events will probably become weekly rotations with increased card drop rates in the relatively near future, to match the JPN version. I don't need any of the 4 SS characters right now, so I farmed 7 medals for each and I'll farm the cards when the rates are better later.

Getting the Android 16 drops is such a pain. I'm lucky if I get one for each 100+ stam used. The only redeeming factor is that I misread the mission name as 'genitle destroyer' every time and it always gets a minor chuckle.

It's worth noting that if you have a lot of different things to work on, the super strike events will probably become weekly rotations with increased card drop rates in the relatively near future, to match the JPN version. I don't need any of the 4 SS characters right now, so I farmed 7 medals for each and I'll farm the cards when the rates are better later.

Ahh ok. I may wait then since drop rates suck.

MisterMac

Getting the Android 16 drops is such a pain. I'm lucky if I get one for each 100+ stam used. The only redeeming factor is that I misread the mission name as 'genitle destroyer' every time and it always gets a minor chuckle.

This is a better version of what I went through with King Vegeta. I kept hearing Paragus from the Japanese dub going "Veget-taaaaoooooooooo!!" as he gets blasted and it was driving me insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom