• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMac

Those two are definitely good cards, one is the nuke leader for PHY, which for now is still an effective tactic, and the other has an attack-all super after Dokkaning, invaluable for World Tournaments (the SA level needs to be high in order for it to be really useful outside WTs, but it's still pretty good).

But in general, a recurring joke / complaint in Dokkan Battle is how Vegeta cards always get shafted.

I'm finding his STR SSJ3 card really effective. Tank 80% damage for 7 turns and 50% chance to stun on Supers? I'm loving it

Durden77

Those two are definitely good cards, one is the nuke leader for PHY, which for now is still an effective tactic, and the other has an attack-all super after Dokkaning, invaluable for World Tournaments (the SA level needs to be high in order for it to be really useful outside WTs, but it's still pretty good).

But in general, a recurring joke / complaint in Dokkan Battle is how Vegeta cards always get shafted.

All this talk about SSB PHY Vegeta mad me uncontrollably do a multi pull on the PHY Banner.

lPUq3tr.png

I hate myself. Why did I do that. I hate myself.

Go to an episode guide and watch fights. Only good thing about GT. Don't even worry about the entire thing. SS4 Gogeta is the only good thing we got out of GT imho.

I'm at 270 gems and need 30 more for Krillian so now I need to farm that first. Then I need to do the GT event.
Yeah definitely get Krillin. Piccolo is also good because he is the TEQ version which would be useful for the AGL events. There's two piccolo cards and last I checked one doesn't have a countdown over him so maybe the second one always there till you buy him?

Three of the biggest reasons I hated GT were:

1. black star dragon balls. When kami merged with piccolo the regular balls disappeared, why didn't these? Also why are they so powerful that THE ENTITRE PLANET BLOWS UP?! And why did kami never mention/destroy em and how did King Piccolo not know about em?
2. SSJ Pink Panther
3. Blitz waves or whatever. Screw getting stronger I can now just pump waves in you and make you a higher SSJ!!!!!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm finding his STR SSJ3 card really effective. Tank 80% damage for 7 turns and 50% chance to stun on Supers? I'm loving it

Would've love to pull him, AGL Frieza's 80% dmg reduction is great but the over 50% health requirement is a burden.

Alas...hoarding all the stones until Vegito.

MisterMac

I'm currently in the process of watching Dragon Ball for the first time after finishing watching all of Z in Japanese. I'll just read the GT story events instead of watching that I think...

I somehow misread the event dates and now I have 2 stamina and until tomorrow night to grind out 14 Android 16s and 26 awakening medals between 16 and King Vegeta. I believe the scientific term for my situation is "screwed"

Kitoro

All this talk of the GT Anime has me wondering... Is GT considered canon, or has it been written off as a what-if style story?

MisterMac

Would've love to pull him, AGL Frieza's 80% dmg reduction is great but the over 50% health requirement is a burden.

Alas...hoarding all the stones until Vegito.

I was in hoard mode too cause I wasted like 2-3 summons trying to get SSJ2 Trunk. But my friend came over and summoned SSJ3 Vegeta right in front of me and goaded me into summoning too. We both expected me to get garbage but I pulled 3 SSRS. PHY Kid Trunks, AGL Kid Buu, and STR SSJ3 Vegeta. Plus I got Janemba on the discount banner. 80 stones for 4 SSRs was enough to make me not regret it

MisterMac

All this talk of the GT Anime has me wondering... Is GT considered canon, or has it been written off as a what-if style story?

Nothing is technically canon but the original manga. Super directly contradicts GT in a lot of places so it's canonical status is even more dubious.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was in hoard mode too cause I wasted like 2-3 summons trying to get SSJ2 Trunk. But my friend came over and summoned SSJ3 Vegeta right in front of me and goaded me into summoning too. We both expected me to get garbage but I pulled 3 SSRS. PHY Kid Trunks, AGL Kid Buu, and STR SSJ3 Vegeta. Plus I got Janemba on the discount banner. 80 stones for 4 SSRs was enough to make me not regret it

Janemba is my #1 MVP for everything.

Shanlei91

It hurts to hear of such luck when saving.

Currently at over 600 stones - fully expecting to not pull Super Vegito.

MisterMac

Janemba is my #1 MVP for everything.

I was initially let down by him but quickly realized the error of my ways and scrambled to Dokkan him. He's a beast.

It hurts to hear of such luck when saving.

Currently at over 600 stones - fully expecting to not pull Super Vegito.

It proceeded a few pulls with no SSRs if it helps. Flushed probably 2 or more chances at super Vegito.

Whenabouts can we expect Super Vegito to land?

Probably December/January from what I can gather. There is also a Xeno Trunks banner coming with double rates and I believe you get no lower then SRs. Should happen at the same time as the Xeno Trunks Dokkan which awakens him into an AoE unit so he can own WTs. But another thing to consider is that the Vegito banner will likely be buy 3 get one free multisummons so you will get more value out of your stones on that one.

I'll be tempted on the Trunks banner but I think I can resist since I don't like his Xeno costume, he isn't super Saiyan, and I have Broly and Majin Vegeta albeit undokkaned. Hopefully their event comes back around soon so I can join in the WT aoe fun and pay it forward to the aoe people on my friends list

Meneses

I spent over 500 stones on Gogeta.

Didn't get him.

Now i'm staying around 150 stones just in case the 3+1 happens, but I can't go crazy like last time. I kinda made my peace with never having the gamebreaking units. I hope to at least get some good SSRs while going for Vegito, like what happened with gogeta.

MisterMac

Didn't get him.

Now i'm staying around 150 stones just in case the 3+1 happens, but I can't go crazy like last time. I kinda made my peace with never having the gamebreaking units. I hope to at least get some good SSRs while going for Vegito, like what happened with gogeta.

I rerolled at least 300 times(god bless android emulators and reroll apps) looking for Gogeta and didn't get him. Like you I am hoping I just pull some decent cards, preferably of characters I like and being happy with it. With the outrageous prices of stones I can't let myself fall into a pattern of chasing the metagame. And this is from someone who used to buy Magic The Gathering by the box. I'll spend my free stones and make due what I get and if what I get is hot garbage I'll move on....

After rerolling like crazy just in case

SnakeEyes

Banned

Didn't get him.

I'm currently sitting on 92 stones myself and have credit ready for when Super Vegito/PHY Broly drop. I hope to god I can luck out like I did with Gogeta, because I haven't pulled a Summon in forever, knowing they were coming.

I want majin vegeta hsgayfg. Even though I have TUR Broly, Majin Vegeta has a chance to stun, and I think he has way better links. I have enough for a couple single while still having enough for multi-pulls for the Super Vegito banner. Will Majin Vegeta be in that one?

MiTYH

Man I'm having a hell of a time with this GT event. Gohans dropped like they were going out of style, but Vegeta drops took almost all day yesterday. Now I just need about 3-4 medals of each and nothing but hercule pins keep dropping.

Outrageous. Let me be done with this! I want to gem farm again...

Man I'm having a hell of a time with this GT event. Gohans dropped like they were going out of style, but Vegeta drops took almost all day yesterday. Now I just need about 3-4 medals of each and nothing but hercule pins keep dropping.

Outrageous. Let me be done with this! I want to gem farm again...
Hnnnng I don't wanna gem farm. Nightmares of 5 stops then missing pilaf :(. WHY CAN'T PILAF BE A STOP?! Namco you know we only do those levels for Pilaf so no one would go "I hate pilaf being a stop this is stupid!" And you know it! I wonder if Namco lurks here :p

commish

I spent close to 800 on gogeta before getting him. I hope super vegito will treat me better.

Are these super units worth that kind of expenditure? I saw the amount of money some redditors spent to get (or not get) Gogeta and my little mind exploded.

MiTYH

Are these super units worth that kind of expenditure? I saw the amount of money some redditors spent to get (or not get) Gogeta and my little mind exploded.

Yes and no. You can beat content without them, but, speaking as someone who rerolled to get Gogeta, he's totally worth it.

commish

Yes and no. You can beat content without them, but, speaking as someone who rerolled to get Gogeta, he's totally worth it.

I will have about 150 stones once the big boss is released in a month or two. RNG better be on my side!

Shanlei91

If I had 600, and did not pull him, I would probably quit.

That's why I started playing Naruto and One Piece for me to fall back on when I rage quit.

How often and how much do you guys recommend stoning for stamina? I'm still in a deep depression about my stupid PHY multipull...

I've only stoned for stamina when:
1) I had a 8GB phone, Dokkan was my only game, and I was stuck somewhere and bored.
2) Rerolled an account days before a World Tournament and wanted to max out /dokkan my guys in time to be viable for the tournament. i.e. rush through everything
3) The World Touranment

I only refill stamina via stone during the tournament and that's mostly because we get stones as rewards during it and it's two guaranteed SSRs.

Durden77

That's why I started playing Naruto and One Piece for me to fall back on when I rage quit.

I've only stoned for stamina when:
1) I had a 8GB phone, Dokkan was my only game, and I was stuck somewhere and bored.
2) Rerolled an account days before a World Tournament and wanted to max out /dokkan my guys in time to be viable for the tournament. i.e. rush through everything
3) The World Touranment

I only refill stamina via stone during the tournament and that's mostly because we get stones as rewards during it and it's two guaranteed SSRs.

This is kinda where I'm at right now. Dokkan is the only game I can play comfortably where I'm stuck half the day (work lawl) and these Goten/Vegeta GT runs are sucking my stamina away.

Ughhh...I am having horrible luck with these GT Vegeta drops. Last 4 have gotten me nothing. Don't know if it's worth this.

Edit : 0-5. Awesome.

I'm having bad luck with Goten. I just got 10. If go like four or five fights with no dropz :(. 10 more Goten and I'm done with him. I don't think Vegeta is worth getting 20 of, is he?

Shanlei91

This is kinda where I'm at right now. Dokkan is the only game I can play comfortably where I'm stuck half the day (work lawl) and these Goten/Vegeta GT runs are sucking my stamina away.

Ughhh...I am having horrible luck with these GT Vegeta drops. Last 4 have gotten me nothing. Don't know if it's worth this.

Edit : 0-5. Awesome.

The way I logically thought about it back then was "Well I bought 3 stones for a dollar during a sale. That's 33 cents to play an addition 20-60 mins. Just like an arcade!"

Durden77

The way I logically thought about it back then was "Well I bought 3 stones for a dollar during a sale. That's 33 cents to play an addition 20-60 mins. Just like an arcade!"

Hahaha that's pretty amazing gymnastics. Well I just did it at work here without even that excuse.

I finally got Vegeta to 10. Jesus that took forever. Are the awakening medals guaranteed drops or do I need to run z-hard?

Kitoro

Any use for the Z-Awakened characters at level 20 from Friend Summons other than just vendor fodder? And we should just sell Hercule Statues as soon as we get them, right? Thanks!

Shanlei91

Any use for the Z-Awakened characters at level 20 from Friend Summons other than just vendor fodder? And we should just sell Hercule Statues as soon as we get them, right? Thanks!

I purely use Friend Summons to feed to units I want to level up quick. One trick to take note of is that feeding a higher level version of a card into a lvl 1 version will produce a much higher version, with some diminishing returns around lvl 30 or so.

i.e. feed a Z-Awakened friend summon into Android 16. Android 16 is now lvl 20 or so. Feed that lvl 20 Android 16 into a lvl 1 Android 16 and you get an Android 16 at about lvl 28 or so. Great method of leveling up a character you may be farming. I'll get multiple lvl 30s then feed it into the primary one I'm raising the Super Attack of.

And yeah, sell all the Hercule Statues.

MisterMac

LR Androids got added to the Japanese friend summon so you might want to bank some friend points for when they come around

LR Androids got added to the Japanese friend summon so you might want to bank some friend points for when they come around

I got 60 multipulls waiting!
It's not enough!

Did a few single pulls on the TEQ banner cuz I want Majin Vegeta dammit! I got his awakening medals collecting dust over here. I got a SSR Whis instead

Kitoro

What's the most efficient way to power up a character to level cap?

I'm sitting on 1100 Hercule Coins from the event, but that's as far as I'm going to go as a new player. Should I spend the coins on swords for powering up, or should I go for the rarer awakening materials? Sorry for all of the questions, but I certainly appreciate the input!

What's the most efficient way to power up a character to level cap?

I'm sitting on 1100 Hercule Coins from the event, but that's as far as I'm going to go as a new player. Should I spend the coins on swords for powering up, or should I go for the rarer awakening materials? Sorry for all of the questions, but I certainly appreciate the input!

Awakening medals since they can be a pain to farm. Taking your units on quests is enough to level them up. Training them is just speeding up the process by a lot.

Aiii

So not worth it
Have a GT team and often my dokkan Goten links up just right to have an almost full ki bar that only needs two ki-spheres of any color or one phy to fill up. Feels so good.

Savitar

Since I got it all done I'm now farming the last stage in the GT event, not only does it drop a fair amount of hercule badges but you can get a gold statue to sell as well and those add up in no time.

Are the stages in the info banner accurate for the drops? I did the one that's supposed to drop Goten 10 times and he only dropped in my first completions.

Are the stages in the info banner accurate for the drops? I did the one that's supposed to drop Goten 10 times and he only dropped in my first completions.
Yes. It's a guaranteed first time drop though. Everytime thereafter you have a chance to get the drop. 10 times without a drop is a lot though most for me was like 5. Keep trying sometimes he drops 2, sometimes he drops in a row, sometimes he just doesn't drop.

Also Z-Hard gives a higher chance for him to drop

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Was gonna get a regular Goten to SA 10, but honestly, that's useless to me since I'd never use both for SS's and them linking together is worth nothing since they should be kept apart, or they interact every third turn, plus ew, huge damage.

Kletian

Hey gang! So Beerus is apparently hitting Monday. Anyone else planning on using a double INT Android 13 strat to fight him? If so send me a friend request! IGN: Reigner ID: 1668363315

Lets long game that lazy cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom