• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a bunch of duds I got a TEQ SSR SSJ2 Angel Goku. He will be a good link for the LR Goku once I get him. No more pulling on this banner and saving for Super Vegito.

Also the Baby Vegeta awakening medal is so annoying. It won't drop and I need 5 of it. zzzzzzzzzzz

Trunks won't be hard hopefully and I can focus on farming medals tomorrow.

MisterMac

I didn't do too well on the latest batch of Super Strikes. The drops were very unkind to me so I only got enough for King Vegeta. #16 I only got to 8 SA. Only scored 2 King Vegeta medals too. I'm working on the Vegeta strike now because my AGL collection is hot garbage but I don't think I'll be able to farm enough of him up let alone do take his strike down. Less work to do next time they are around I guess! Sunday will be Goten and Baby Vegeta day.

Kitoro

How exactly do Strikes work? I'm looking for one more decent AGL SR to replace the last weak link in my team, and the Pikkon Strike looks appealing. That said, I probably can only handle Normal or Hard. Are the drop rates abysmal on those levels? Thanks!

Meneses

How exactly do Strikes work? I'm looking for one more decent AGL SR to replace the last weak link in my team, and the Pikkon Strike looks appealing. That said, I probably can only handle Normal or Hard. Are the drop rates abysmal on those levels? Thanks!

Let's put it this way:

Even on Z-Hard the drop rates are usually bad, except when there's an increased drop rate event.

But it's random, so you might end up getting lucky.

Strikes are a good way to get mostly decent free cards when people are starting out - and the Strike cards will be required for a future event to get LR Goku, so there's really no reason to skip them (although AGL cards will be useless against Goku).

MiTYH

Well whoopie to me, finally hit rank 210! This is my third starting out (first time had nothing good, second time had broly but could never get his medals, third was a reroll for gogeta and is much better). And hit 100 days, fastest I've ever leveled up that high!

I'll be with this account for good I think. Spent most of the day gem farming since I don't care much about the events anymore (Need 13 more Pikkons but the drop rate is abysmal).

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Well whoopie to me, finally hit rank 210! This is my third starting out (first time had nothing good, second time had broly but could never get his medals, third was a reroll for gogeta and is much better). And hit 100 days, fastest I've ever leveled up that high!

Are you me?

Started this game today on a lark, got SSR goku from the first card. approximately how lucky am I? Also what should I prioritize early on? I feel like stamina is pretty limited. Should I get through the Quest mode, do events?

Started this game today on a lark, got SSR goku from the first card. approximately how lucky am I? Also what should I prioritize early on? I feel like stamina is pretty limited. Should I get through the Quest mode, do events?

There are a lot of Gokus lol. You need to be specific and mention his title and typing.

I suggest going through the events on normal and avoid Z hard since they are limited time. But first do the 3 quest worlds to get your team cost up and rank above 30.

Pulling on the type banners is a great way to get powerful units without having to awaken them so that would be good for you.

Save at least 300 stones for Super Vegito who is coming up in a month. He is what we call a God Card and makes a lot of stuff trivial to get through.

Meneses

If you mean the Starter card (when I started they weren't around) it should be the AGL Super Saiyan Goku right?

That's the best starter in my opinion because you get a good passive (gives you ki when you're over 50% health) and pretty good links with other cards.

Those starter cards are nice for, well, starting out since they launch supers earlier (I think it's 7 or 8 ki instead of the usual 12), so it can help a lot - even though the cards aren't that great as a whole.

Priority should be the Quests, to gain exp. and increase rank and stamina, and also start stocking up on dragon stones (you're unlucky because a 3x Experience event finished not too long ago, that is the perfect time to grind Quests). Since you probably have no good cards right now, you can probably do a few summons here and there to improve your team, but you can also start saving for the Super Vegito banner which will come in a few months. That unit is overpowered and you can also get the current OP card there, Super Gogeta.

That being said, I don't know how much you'll enjoy the game if you're just hoarding while waiting for that event. For me, starting out was fun because I would slowly summon stronger characters and develop a stronger team to start tackling harder content. You can wait for a better Summon Banner to come along and spend a few stones there. You need to increase your team cost to be able to equip stronger cards anyway, so it's always good to do quests to rank up.

Along the way you'll start collecting dragon balls which give you wishes, those can help out a bit (some give stones, others give inventory space or let you bring more items into battle, etc.).

Also, don't refresh stamina with dragon stones, it's usually not worth it and you can rank up quite fast with natural regeneration and rank ups in the beginning. Save it for summons and inventory space.

Having friends with good cards also helps, send me an invite if you want (I usually rotate but I generally have a strong card there)
user id 3190463882

As for events, I don't know if you can beat any. The default one (Epic Showdown, with Goku) is probably doable and you get free characters out of it that you can later Dokkan (evolve) into stronger versions.

Most events are manageable with at least 1 awakened SSR at the normal difficulty. Grab a friend Gogeta like one of us and you can speed through a lot of content fast. You just can't afford to take any hits though lol. Z hard content is out of your grasp until you awaken at least 4 units of SR rarity unless you have a leader like Gogeta who can just power through a majority of the content.

Save at least 300 stones for Super Vegito who is coming up in a month. He is what we call a God Card and makes a lot of stuff trivial to get through.

Why 300? Can you buy him directly? Also wow that is a lot of stones!

Having friends with good cards also helps, send me an invite if you want (I usually rotate but I generally have a strong card there)
user id 3190463882

Added you, thanks. If anyone else wants to drop their code I'll add them too!

Why 300? Can you buy him directly? Also wow that is a lot of stones!

Added you, thanks. If anyone else wants to drop their code I'll add them too!

300 stones because that is about 8 pulls if we get 1 free pull every 3 multi pull. More stones the better chance for super vegito. If you are lucky you can get gogeta too.

I'll drop my code later on when I get back home.

300 stones because that is about 8 pulls if we get 1 free pull every 3 multi pull. More stones the better chance for super vegito. If you are lucky you can get gogeta too.

I'll drop my code later on when I get back home.

Cool, thanks.

What's the best thing to do with shitty heroes I get from the free friend point pulls? Should I train dupes into eachother first, sell them directly, or train other characters with them?

Also, what's the difference bween the affixes on the damage type? Like strength / super strength / extreme strength.

Meneses

Use Friend Point trash as training fodder. Although you can get some partially useful characters sometimes (very rarely). And in the future you'll be able to summon a potential LR card (the androids), so start saving up some Friend Points just in case.

Super means it's an awakened Hero card, Extreme means it's a Villain.

I believe it's supposed to cause extra damage when attacking the opposite card but I don't know the particular details.

Durden77

Any advice as to how I can get my first Elder Kai medal? Thanks!

I'm not really clear on how to farm them the best way, but one guaranteedway of getting one is by collecting Hercule badges in the GT story event right now and buying them in Baba's Shop.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There's no real way to farm them normally from drops. Best bet is to grind the GT events for treasure or wait until they're given as login rewards. Latest they'll be given out is for your account's 30th day login

MiTYH

This was a kind of fun weekend. Went gem farming for most of it, then when I got around 10k away from leveling up, went back to some old stages to mop of Hard levels (did most of them now), so I've got a fair bit of stones. I'm still going to save them for Vegito, but it's nice to have them done. And when it was all done I finally hit Rank 210 (and then some)! So that'll make the next WT much more enjoyable.

Looking forward to Beerus and Mighty Mask tomorrow, even though I don't have any Beeus except that SR TEQ one. Should be a challenge, need to sort through my box and see what non-AGL of the needed units I have (I think it's only one or two, plus Gogeta).

Got that awhile back, too. Even in the first GT story mode, one of the levels gives a chance of getting 1000 metal fruits or something like that.
Hm never happened for me before or after. One time so far :(.

I have a STR Beerus so the event coming up will be fun. My AGL is decent enough to go after him I think

Hm never happened for me before or after. One time so far :(.

I have a STR Beerus so the event coming up will be fun. My AGL is decent enough to go after him I think

You need INT since Beerus is TEQ lol. God cards do extra vs him but the new INT SSG Goku and old INT Whis are the only 2 with extra damage on Beerus so rip.

Good thing I have STR SSG Goku who will work just as well even if his SA isn't top like my AGL SSG.

MiTYH

Did my 30-stone summon, got 2 SR PHY Whis, and SSR INT Goku. Not the one I wanted but a new SSR is always welcome, especially an orb changer who can stun.

All of this doesnt matter because CELL IS BACK BABY! Finally I have a team to beat him (Gogeta SA10), so let's get those medals and awaken that bad boy! Beerus can wait

YESSSSS I NEED SO MANY MEDALS

Finally! I've been waiting for this to get my SSR Saiyaman. Also the added DS will be good.

QYKLTsK.jpg

Finally ready for my Super Vegitto or Gogeta please.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You mean I can finally dokkan both of my Ultimate Gohans?! About time!

Edit: Did my discounted pull... I'll do it in real time.

R
R
SR Beerus
R
R
SR F'ing Piccolo
R (dupe of the previous R bc why not?)
R
R
R

Love this game.

You need INT since Beerus is TEQ lol. God cards do extra vs him but the new INT SSG Goku and old INT Whis are the only 2 with extra damage on Beerus so rip.

Good thing I have STR SSG Goku who will work just as well even if his SA isn't top like my AGL SSG.

Lol yeah I had a brain fart. I forgot other Beerus cards exist so I treated it like the Broly event.

I have TEQ & AGL whis :(. Also no INT SSG Goku I sad. Why does Beerus have 10 trillion health, is it to combat the Super Gogeta cheese or something?

Ooooooooooooooooooomg!! Finallllly! I have enough of each medal to awaken all the units, except for the Gohan medals, I need three more(it's only one needed per unit, right?)

Lol yeah I had a brain fart. I forgot other Beerus cards exist so I treated it like the Broly event.

I have TEQ & AGL whis :(. Also no INT SSG Goku I sad. Why does Beerus have 10 trillion health, is it to combat the Super Gogeta cheese or something?

I don't think so. I had a maxed SA Gogeta as a friend and his super was reduced because of Beerus's defense. He did about as much as my SSG STR Goku did. So far I've had luck working to keep him out of rage mode best I can. He doesn't do terrible damage in his normal form if you have enough INT characters.

bilas

Banned
You mean I can finally dokkan both of my Ultimate Gohans?! About time!

Edit: Did my discounted pull... I'll do it in real time.

R
R
SR Beerus
R
R
SR F'ing Piccolo
R (dupe of the previous R bc why not?)
R
R
R

Love this game.

The last card is always an SR.

How exactly can we keep him out of rage mode?

I try limiting my super attacks to only those who have the passive against him, since supers raise his rage meter more than normal attacks. So by keep him, I really mean I try to limit it to happening twice per fight, although I'm sure you could get it down to one with a better team than I have. But that's playing the long game for sure.

Meneses

After failing my first attempt, I made some changes and now I got 2 in a row.

My team is basically PHY SSB Vegeta as leader for the damage.

Then, Super Strike 16 and Yamcha for perfect guard and its lesser cousin, then Demigra, Blue and TEQ Whis for stuns.

First time I took a TEQ Goku as friend to help with damage, but I had to use a lot of items. Second one was Android 13 and he made it a breeze, only used 3 items and I probably could have saved 1 of those if I wasn't overly cautious. I'm on the lookout for more A13s now lol

Meneses

I try limiting my super attacks to only those who have the passive against him, since supers raise his rage meter more than normal attacks. So by keep him, I really mean I try to limit it to happening twice per fight, although I'm sure you could get it down to one with a better team than I have. But that's playing the long game for sure.

Ah yeah, that's what i've been doing too, i'm basically just clearing the board to get yellow orbs for Vegeta to attack.

This second attempt he only Raged once, went pretty well.

How exactly can we keep him out of rage mode?
Certain characters. The way I think it works is that you have characters that reduce rage in that turn, any rage accumulated that turn goes away. That's how it seems to work for me anyways.

I don't think so. I had a maxed SA Gogeta as a friend and his super was reduced because of Beerus's defense. He did about as much as my SSG STR Goku did. So far I've had luck working to keep him out of rage mode best I can. He doesn't do terrible damage in his normal form if you have enough INT characters.
so they did it to combat the cheese. Which is fair, but why does he need 5 bars AND hugh defense. Why not just one or the other.
Ye he does like 5k to my Turles. Btw you can use Ghost Usher during his rage and the turn count still goes down. He can also be stunned during rage mode.

If you can survive through the rage mode, Beerus takes full damage from everyone during the turn he's asleep. Had Gogeta hit for >350k.
Shit. My Gogeta Friend when before his rest and I had used the Dokkan earlier too dgafsgdgdgn

Beat him once. Needed to use all my items except 2 dendes AND had to use a DS. But I got a DS for clearing so meh. I hate how he's TEQ and nearly all units that deal extra dmg him are AGL...I don't have any of the INT units listed. Would TUR INT cell be good for it? I might do the cell event and TUR my INT cell. I have no TEQ cell :(

Ah yeah, that's what i've been doing too, i'm basically just clearing the board to get yellow orbs for Vegeta to attack.

This second attempt he only Raged once, went pretty well.

There's a thought, I might have to try that with my SSB Vegeta. I'm 1 for 3 currently, but mostly because my stunners were not stunning one of those times. (Edit: 2 for 3, decided to drop the DS to beat.)

Certain characters. The way I think it works is that you have characters that reduce rage in that turn, any rage accumulated that turn goes away. That's how it seems to work for me anyways.

so they did it to combat the cheese. Which is fair, but why does he need 5 bars AND hugh defense. Why not just one or the other.
Ye he does like 5k to my Turles. Btw you can use Ghost Usher during his rage and the turn count still goes down. He can also be stunned during rage mode.

Good point, I guess it was to combat his cheese. I agree though, 4 health bars and this would be very manageable. 5 with the defense is a bit of a slog, and I've lost ore than I've won so far.

MiTYH

The first time Cell showed up, I couldn't beat him with my unawoken Gogeta and miserable INT team.

Now? Gogeta TUR SA10, TUR Janemba blocking, and a team of hardhitting (some fusion) STR SSRs and wow, he BARELY gets to attack once before going down.

This is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom