• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMac

Did my 30-stone summon, got 2 SR PHY Whis, and SSR INT Goku. Not the one I wanted but a new SSR is always welcome, especially an orb changer who can stun.

All of this doesnt matter because CELL IS BACK BABY! Finally I have a team to beat him (Gogeta SA10), so let's get those medals and awaken that bad boy! Beerus can wait

YESSSSS I NEED SO MANY MEDALS

That Goku has been putting in work for me. He's got a pretty rare ki link and prepared for battle. Makes a great pal for PHY SSR Bardock.

Did a discount and a single on that stupid banner and got jack squat. What a mistake. Serves me right. I never should have looked at the scouter and let myself be tempted.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Hero of Justice is finally coming back!

crying-happy-tears.gif

Woop. This team has been running through Beerus with ease thanks to all the stuns and defense.

PHY Ult Gohan leader
INT Janemba
STR SSJ3 Vegeta
TEQ Whis
PHY SSJ Gotenks
STR SSG Goku
and a Gogeta friend

Didn't have to use any heals in three runs so far.

What's the big deal about Hero of Justice? No sarcasm just new and not sure what it gives us
Let's you dokkan awaken like four cards(Two gohans and two videls into The Great Saiyaman/Woman). We've had the event come like once a long time ago so it finally coming back is like an early Christmas present.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Let's you dokkan awaken like four cards(Two gohans and two videls into The Great Saiyaman/Woman). We've had the event come like once a long time ago so it finally coming back is like an early Christmas present.

I don't think I have those cards but it sounds like I should get the mats anyway.

Woop. This team has been running through Beerus with ease thanks to all the stuns and defense.

PHY Ult Gohan leader
INT Janemba
STR SSJ3 Vegeta
TEQ Whis
PHY SSJ Gotenks
STR SSG Goku
and a Gogeta friend

Didn't have to use any heals in three runs so far.

Nice! I've been having similar stun/def luck with:

INT King Piccolo
TEQ Whis
STR SSG Goku
INT General Blue
INT Android 18
INT Vegitto
and friend Goegeta.

Best I've done so far is used 4 items, (one uneccesarily), and he only raged once.

I hate it when Cell gets to go first and he ults right away. Like I use Super Gotenks to seal supers and they just place cell first :mad:! What annoys me more is if he didn't ult he'd die that round but his ult does 92k dmg since I wasn't coming with an INT or TEQ. I beat him twice, one time zero items second time one usher to delay him.

MisterMac

I chased the dragon and did a few more singles on that banner and regret it so deeply now. I need to get back to farming quest stones cause I spent all the ones I got from GT and the strikes!!

So all there is to the event is awakening some Gohan/Videls? I have the TEQ Videl so I guess I'm excited too!

These Cell drops stink btw. Not even one

Durden77

Really tempted to do the discounted pull, but I regretted the GT one and a balls-to-the-wall random PHY multi pull got me nothing that I still regret. Think I'm just gonna pass considering I already have SSR STR Beerus and AGL SSB Goku.

Really wanna awaken my Beerus but I'm not sure I can handle this event. The 40 stamina cost has scared me from even trying. What type is he, and what are some item recommendations?

Also is there anyway to get above being able to take 4 items into battle? It certainly looks like you can but how?

MiTYH

Also is there anyway to get above being able to take 4 items into battle? It certainly looks like you can but how?

Not yet for the items. In the future
not in JPN yet though

Farmed Cell's medals all day, wound up with 6. Would have had 7 but I went for Beerus stones first. No biggie, should get my TEQ cell dokkan'd in the morning! Then... I don't know, might farm his farmable version to SA10 for some strike events (needs Tao etc)

yogloo

I'm being overly prepared for all the events. Argh.

Gogeta
Ssg str
Whis int
Supreme Kai int
Turles int
General blue
Gogeta friend

No items needed when blue and turles proc.

Really tempted to do the discounted pull, but I regretted the GT one and a balls-to-the-wall random PHY multi pull got me nothing that I still regret. Think I'm just gonna pass considering I already have SSR STR Beerus and AGL SSB Goku.

Really wanna awaken my Beerus but I'm not sure I can handle this event. The 40 stamina cost has scared me from even trying. What type is he, and what are some item recommendations?

He is TEQ type and thankfully stays that way for both rounds. Round 1 Beerus dies to 1 super from Gogeta so that shouldn't be an issue.

Your items should be Ghost Usher, Dende/Senzu Bean, King Yenma and the last is either another healing item or damage reducing item.

My current team of Anti Beerus has mostly God cards to kill Beerus fast so for my last item I have the Icarus item to reduce damage by 35%.

If I used the other team which takes a few turns longer to kill Beerus, I would use a healing item to heal up damage.

Current fast killing team

STR Gogeta
STR SSG Goku
STR SSB Vegeta
INT SSJ Bardock (Seals Super)
INT SSJ Goku
TEQ SSB Goku

Friend STR SSG Goku if possible or another Gogeta.

Can usually kill Beerus within 15 rounds or less depending on orbs and how often SSG Goku supers.

(round = 1 turn of 3 characters attacking)

MisterMac

Reddit got the goods on the incoming Goku Black cards.

SSR Black Goku
Leader Skill: ATK & DEF 20% DOWN for AGL units
Passive Skill: ATK & DEF 30% UP when ki meter is 7 or more
Super Attack: Black Kamehameha (huge damage)
Links:
Calm Judgement
Kamehameha
Future of Despair
Nightmare
Big Bad Bosses

TUR Black Goku
Leader Skill: HP, ATK, & DEF 100% UP for PHY units
Passive Skill: ATK 3000 UP per orb collected
Super Attack: Black Powerball (reduce ATK & DEF, immense damage)
Links:
Fear and Despair
Nightmare
Kamehameha
Ready for War
Future of Despair
Big Bad Bosses
Super Fierce Battle

Durden77

ARRRGGG I didn't realize Beerus had multiple health bars!! I spent all my resources too early!!

Ugh. Dunno if I can beat him.

I'm using...

UR STR Beerus
UR TEQ SSJ2 Angel Goku
UR AGL SSB Goku
UR TEQ SSJ Bardock (For Super seal)
SSR INT SSJ Kid Trunks
SSR INT Vegeta

I got down to his 3rd health bar I think.

I wish I had better INT units. All Vegeta and SSJ Trunks seem to do is piss him off. And my only unit that can get through his defensive skill is at a disadvantage at his type, AWESOME. I do have SSR PHY SSG Goku, but he's underleveled.

Thanks for the tips though. I'll probably give it another shot. I don't see being able to get 10 of these with the items and team I have now though. I'm going to try and switch out some characters. Beerus seems pointless on my team with Bardock turning all STR orbs to TEQ.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Don't play those so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How's the implementation in those games?
Works just like FFX. What I am worried about are dupes in Dokkan since the pic has 7 abilities and some are at lv 10!? At least in ShiroNeko dupes were cashed in and you use that currency freely on any character to give them a segregated, special boost.

Edit: ah, nvm, seems Dokkan dupes unlock parts of their board

ARRRGGG I didn't realize Beerus had multiple health bars!! I spent all my resources too early!!

Ugh. Dunno if I can beat him.

I'm using...

UR STR Beerus
UR TEQ SSJ2 Angel Goku
UR AGL SSB Goku
UR TEQ SSJ Bardock (For Super seal)
SSR INT SSJ Kid Trunks
SSR INT Vegeta

I got down to his 3rd health bar I think.

I wish I had better INT units. All Vegeta and SSJ Trunks seem to do is piss him off. And my only unit that can get through his defensive skill is at a disadvantage at his type, AWESOME. I do have SSR PHY SSG Goku, but he's underleveled.

Thanks for the tips though. I'll probably give it another shot. I don't see being able to get 10 of these with the items and team I have now though. I'm going to try and switch out some characters. Beerus seems pointless on my team with Bardock turning all STR orbs to TEQ.

What INT do you have and AGL SSB is a bad idea no matter the damage since it will be reduced anyways. You'd be better off grabbing a friend #13 and strangling Beerus out with supers.

MiTYH

Did a single summon on the INT banner for funsies, got SR Roshi. New but also meh

Back to Cell medal farming. I'll be 9/10 soon, then in a few hours, 10/10 and TEQ cell will be mine! Then I guess mighty mask medal farming. Thankfully already have the drops

Durden77

What INT do you have and AGL SSB is a bad idea no matter the damage since it will be reduced anyways. You'd be better off grabbing a friend #13 and strangling Beerus out with supers.

tradUaQ.png

INT is definitely my weakest unit unfortunately. That Goku is probably my strongest with his SA being 10, but he's not fully leveled. I'm thinking avout even doing a pull or 2 on the INT banner, but I'm really trying to save my stones. I've never seen a #13 on my friend's list. Really could use him now.

Is there anyway to get Beerus to go to sleep without him activating fury? And once he's in fury, can you even survive it? It seems like it's so much. Ghost Usher can only get you so far, and I don't know how many turns it last.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I suck at the 40 STA Dokkan missions so I'm just going to stop doing them for now. I finished beerus once but I wasted 3 stones on it. Not worth it IMO. I have a billion TEQ guys so Dokkaning my SR TEQ Beerus isn't a huge priority for me.

Do you guys always level the SA before doing a Z-Awaken? I Z-awakened Goku GT earlier and realized I'd maybe have been better off in the long run if I'd farmed more of that card from the even chapters before awakening him. What's the rate of SA level gain using the SR card as fodder on the SSR? I should definitely level his SA before doing a Dokken awakening, right?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How important is it that I dokkan my SR Beerus? I have so many things to do, something has to give! I need 20 medals from the Gohan event alone, nevermind the 3 strikes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
MVP for Beerus event:
PpwiB4y.png

Dual Android 13 leads makes Beerus hilariously easy. Janemba ate a Fury-induced super for 20 damage.

Meneses

Do you guys always level the SA before doing a Z-Awaken? I Z-awakened Goku GT earlier and realized I'd maybe have been better off in the long run if I'd farmed more of that card from the even chapters before awakening him. What's the rate of SA level gain using the SR card as fodder on the SSR? I should definitely level his SA before doing a Dokken awakening, right?

I don't know the exact SA gains in terms of attack power (i'm sure that's floating around somewhere on the internet), but generally speaking yeah, you should always max your farmable units' SA before dokkaning, because after that it will change name and that card you've been farming won't work anymore - you'll have to use Elder Kais (guarantee) or similar cards for a chance at gaining a level.

However, the drop rates can be pretty disheartening and if people feel they're not enjoying the game due to all the grinding, i'd say screw farming and just do what you want.

Meneses

How important is it that I dokkan my SR Beerus? I have so many things to do, something has to give! I need 20 medals from the Gohan event alone, nevermind the 3 strikes.

I'm holding off for now because i'm at SA level 8 from all the dupes I got from shitty pulls, might as well go the distance.

Also, the card doesn't seem particularly impressive. Shocking Speed is good for Ult Gohan and a few others though.

edit: sorry about the double post, I keep messing up multi quotes lol

And yeah, Android 13 is easy mode, especially dual leader.

5/10 cell medals and I've only used 1 senzu and I think one other item TOTAL! Stuns op. After this I'ma fight mighty mask then try Beerus again, it took all but twk items and a DS to beat him once. So much goddamn health!

Savitar

They need to do something besides adding high defense and more health bars to events, Beerus isn't really hard........just so damn tedious. Having to do ten or more of these gets old very quick.

Meneses

While I agree that he has too many health bars, at least the fight mechanics are kinda neat.

At least it isn't some Attack Power check like those fights where you have a limited number of turns before you die.

tradUaQ.png

INT is definitely my weakest unit unfortunately. That Goku is probably my strongest with his SA being 10, but he's not fully leveled. I'm thinking avout even doing a pull or 2 on the INT banner, but I'm really trying to save my stones. I've never seen a #13 on my friend's list. Really could use him now.

Is there anyway to get Beerus to go to sleep without him activating fury? And once he's in fury, can you even survive it? It seems like it's so much. Ghost Usher can only get you so far, and I don't know how many turns it last.

You are gonna have to get stronger. You don't have the god cards to kill beerus fast but you also don't have the units you need to survive. #16 and Yamcha have damage reduction which would help a lot if you had them. Focus on other things for now and wait for beerus to come back.

This new Super strike only lasts a week so hopefully the drop rate is great cause I need to farm trunks for xeno trunks SA.

Durden77

You are gonna have to get stronger. You don't have the god cards to kill beerus fast but you also don't have the units you need to survive. #16 and Yamcha have damage reduction which would help a lot if you had them. Focus on other things for now and wait for beerus to come back.

This new Super strike only lasts a week so hopefully the drop rate is great cause I need to farm trunks for xeno trunks SA.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. Bummer man. I probably won't be able to get any medals this run.

Anyway, in other news I was a bit hesitant about getting Baby Vegeta to SA10, but now that he's getting to be a higher level, he's actually pretty fucking beast. With his passive if he attacks first with a super he'll do really really good damage. And he blocks a lot of damage too.

MisterMac

Quick question. My android 16 is at 9/10 Special. If I Z-Awaken him can I still feed a normal card to him to get him to 10/10? Or will I need to z-awaken the dupe as well? I just want to make sure before I awaken him to try fighting beerus

Meneses

Quick question. My android 16 is at 9/10 Special. If I Z-Awaken him can I still feed a normal card to him to get him to 10/10? Or will I need to z-awaken the dupe as well? I just want to make sure before I awaken him to try fighting beerus

Z-Awaken (the normal awakening you do to regular cards) from SR to SSR using normal medals is still keeping the same character, so it will work 100%.

edit: ok, now i'm second guessing myself regarding that SR and SSR stuff, but I THINK it should work 100%.

Dokkan Awakening with the Strike medals won't work, the character will be different by then. You'll have a 50% chance of raising the Special attack of that Dokkan-Awakened card if you Z-awaken the normal card to SSR before fusing.

MisterMac

Z-Awaken (the normal awakening you do to regular cards) from SR to SSR using normal medals is still keeping the same character, so it will work 100%.

edit: ok, now i'm second guessing myself regarding that SR and SSR stuff, but I THINK it should work 100%.

Dokkan Awakening with the Strike medals won't work, the character will be different by then. You'll have a 50% chance of raising the Special attack of that Dokkan-Awakened card if you Z-awaken the normal card to SSR before fusing.

Thanks. I knew post Dokkan awakenking it counts as a different card but was iffy on if z awakening made a difference.

Here is what I am thinking of for Beerus and wouldn't mind some tips.

PHY SSJ Bardock Lead to seal and grant Ki
STR SSGSS STR Vegeta to get around the gimmick
INT Janameba to block and be a general beast
INT SSJ Goku to be INT and maybe stun
INT Android 16. Not dokkaned but still useful as a blocker I hope
TEQ SSGSS Goku to get around the gimmick

Android 13 friend

I'm wondering if it's worth it to sub out someone for SSJ3 Vegeta for another damage tank and a better chance at stunning? If my seals go well I think I have enough INT to cover standard attacks and with Beerus's defense buff the fight could go on long enough that Vegeta would lose his tank buff.

Yeah, identical cards will raise SA with 100% success regardless of Z-Awakened status. The only time awakened status affects chances are when the character is the same but cards are non-identical. Example: R TEQ Goku from "An Epic Showdown" has a 1% chance to increase SA of UR PHY Goku (the spirit bomb one). Z-Awakening TEQ Goku to SR increases that to 5%. I never tried it, but I imagine R TEQ would have a 5% chance with SSR PHY.

Meneses

Thanks. I knew post Dokkan awakenking it counts as a different card but was iffy on if z awakening made a difference.

Here is what I am thinking of for Beerus and wouldn't mind some tips.

PHY SSJ Bardock Lead to seal and grant Ki
STR SSGSS STR Vegeta to get around the gimmick
INT Janameba to block and be a general beast
INT SSJ Goku to be INT and maybe stun
INT Android 16. Not dokkaned but still useful as a blocker I hope
TEQ SSGSS Goku to get around the gimmick

Android 13 friend

I'm wondering if it's worth it to sub out someone for SSJ3 Vegeta for another damage tank and a better chance at stunning? If my seals go well I think I have enough INT to cover standard attacks and with Beerus's defense buff the fight could go on long enough that Vegeta would lose his tank buff.

With your cards it should go pretty well, you have blockers for days lol And I cannot stress enough how OP Android 13 (even only as a friend unit) is in this fight.

edit: Thanks zyx for the SSR confirmation!

Kitoro

Would anyone mind confirming which GT event stage Vegeta can drop from? Is it the same stage where the guaranteed first drop is?

Also, is the drop rate abysmal on Normal? Thanks!

Meneses

Would anyone mind confirming which GT event stage Vegeta can drop from? Is it the same stage where the guaranteed first drop is?

Also, is the drop rate abysmal on Normal? Thanks!

Yeah, it's stage 7 "Fight! Super Baby!". If you press the little info ("i") button on the event description it shows you all the drops - it's small so it's easy to miss.

I would assume Normal would have a pretty bad drop rate, considering even Z-Hard isn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom