• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop. STOP posting pulls! I don't wanna pull, I wanna save for Super Vegito dammit!

Anywhoo, 1 medal away from TUR INT Cell(I don't have TEQ cell). Still have only used a grand total of two items in all 9 battles so far. This team is sexiiiiiii

Durden77

http://imgur.com/a/eEaaR

Used my last 30 stones on the discount. Not only is it not a dupe, but it's one of my most wanted cards. Definitely worth.

I got him AND TEQ SSR SSJ2 Goku off of a TEQ multipull. Best pull ever for me so far.

Even though I think SSJ Bardock is a stupid idea, he's extremely useful, definitely one of my most useful cards. He gets super so easy with his abilty to change STR to TEQ, and his super seals the opponent's super. And he's a monster with a TEQ team (especially SSJ2 Goku TEQ which I was lucky enough to get woth him because SSJ2 Goku doesn't require many orbs so Bardock can eat them all up). Enjoy!

It also lead me to get hype on pulls and pull a horrible PHY multipull, so don't let it get the best of ya.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Stop. STOP posting pulls! I don't wanna pull, I wanna save for Super Vegito dammit!

Anywhoo, 1 medal away from TUR INT Cell(I don't have TEQ cell). Still have only used a grand total of two items in all 9 battles so far. This team is sexiiiiiii
Nah, even if you're saving for Super Vegito, you should do the 30 stone Dokkan banner.

yogloo

They need to do something besides adding high defense and more health bars to events, Beerus isn't really hard........just so damn tedious. Having to do ten or more of these gets old very quick.
Are you fighting him with dual android 18? It's a pretty fast fight on my side.

chrono01

I did my 30 stone discount, nothing but SR trash. This game really hates me, the only SSR I get are useless ones and/or dupes. I have so few of them, and yet the game continually gives me the same ones.

I'm still sitting on 400 stones, that I'll use on Super Vegito's banner. If I don't get anything of use out of all of them (even if I don't get Super Vegito, if I can get a handful of good SSR out of it), I might just cut my losses and move on from this game. While it did give me Gogeta, everything else aside from that has been horrible luck for me, and my time is already spread across multiple gatcha games, so one less wouldn't hurt.

So yeah, I guess everything rides on that Vegito banner.

Kitoro

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Super Vegito cone with 3 other similarly powerful counterparts in his banner? Sure, he may have 80% mitigation or something, but would you really call it quits if you got one of the other three instead?

yogloo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Super Vegito cone with 3 other similarly powerful counterparts in his banner? Sure, he may have 80% mitigation or something, but would you really call it quits if you got one of the other three instead?
I'm going to quit if I don't get super vegito.
quit life

chrono01

Nope, those would be factored into my "good SSR" mention. I'd be fine, with a Broly instead, but I'm really aiming for Super Vegito. I just hope NBE doesn't mess with the rates too much.

I did my 30 stone discount, nothing but SR trash. This game really hates me, the only SSR I get are useless ones and/or dupes. I have so few of them, and yet the game continually gives me the same ones.

I'm still sitting on 400 stones, that I'll use on Super Vegito's banner. If I don't get anything of use out of all of them (even if I don't get Super Vegito, if I can get a handful of good SSR out of it), I might just cut my losses and move on from this game. While it did give me Gogeta, everything else aside from that has been horrible luck for me, and my time is already spread across multiple gatcha games, so one less wouldn't hurt.

So yeah, I guess everything rides on that Vegito banner.
I feek that it might be better off for you to just quit. Think about it. First it was Gogeta and now it's vegito. By the time Vegito comes out, there will be another meta breaking card to replace him. A never ending cycle.

I quit because I was tired of grinding and rng. I still look at the cards though. I don't need to play to look at those.

chrono01

I feek that it might be better off for you to just quit. Think about it. First it was Gogeta and now it's vegito. By the time Vegito comes out, there will be another meta breaking card to replace him. A never ending cycle.

I quit because I was tired of grinding and rng. I still look at the cards though. I don't need to play to look at those.
I won't quit if I don't get Vegito, I just need something...ANYTHING...from these Dragon Stones. Every single time I do a discounted pull, or tier in a tournament and use my ticket(s), I never get anything out of it. It just feels like time-wasted, when I'm never able to improve my team. When I do get an SSR, it's always a low-tier/useless one (hello there, Android #18!) or a dupe of one I already have (which is impressive, considering how few I have).

I'll throw everything at the Vegito gatcha, and if I get a nice amount of usable SSR out of it (or a single Vegito), I'll continue. If not, I doubt I'll have enough patience to continue playing, not if my luck will be as bad as I imagine it'll be.

I guess time will tell!

Kitoro

Hmm... I cleared all the GT event quests on Normal last week and collected the event currency clear bonuses. Now, I just beat one of the stages on Z-Hard, and didn't get any Hercule Coins for beating it. Did I screw myself out of the higher currency rewards by beating Normal first?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm going to quit if I don't get super vegito.
quit life

This. Imagine playing this game without ever pulling anything outside of the WT because you're saving. ‎ಠ_ಠ

Does anyone have a solid team for Mighty Mask? For some reason he's been giving me trouble.

A team of 6 random Int characters whose combined cost is 52. Gogeta friend with SA10. Then all you need is three super attacks from Gogeta. Winning recipe for every super strike, your combination of 6 units will determine if you'll need to use items to survive long enough for the 3 supers.

Meneses

Does anyone have a solid team for Mighty Mask? For some reason he's been giving me trouble.

Even though the usual "bring Gogeta + random scrubs" startegy is still valid, I actually lost one my attempts due to being over-confident and having bad orb RNG.

I'm using a Kaioshin leader for the +2 ki to INT and STR
R (awakened to SR) Yamcha for Perfect Guard
The Super Strike Android 16 for super Perfect Guard
General Blue and R Bulma for stuns
Empty space taken by a PHY saibaman because of Team Cost.

2 Gogeta supers plus a few other chipping in should be enough if you're lucky, if not 3 Gogeta supers will do the trick.

Amount of items used varies a bit according to the RNG, most of the time I barely use them, one time I had to use all of them lol

Pulled the Int banner and got the Int Piccolo Buu, which just about rounds out my Buu team:

AGL UR* Kid Buu
TEQ UR* Super Buu
PHY SSR* Evil Buu (SA lvl 6)
STR SSR* Buu (Gotenks Absorbed)
INT SSR* Buu (Piccolo Absorbed)

Thinking of making UR INT Jamenba my 6th guy.

I also got the SSR Turles. He looks OK but I don't have many guys that link with him well.

In regards to lower tier Int characters for the super strike, this guy pairs great with Gogeta for +3 ki and boosting damage so you only need two supers

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Bold_Move_in_Predicament_Super_Saiyan_Vegeta

And this guy for sealing supers:

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/3rd_Stellar_Region_Officer_Sorbet
Omg I have both of those. My body is ready to win without using 59 items! I'm also using Babidi and space officer dude from Resurrection "F" for stuns and Android 16 for half damage.

Btw guys, if you have Mech Freiza it's a good idea to use him since he gives +3 ki to Int. Combine that with the +3 for all types from Gogeta(if you use him as a friend) and you can ult with your int units almost everytime. Which is important if you have stunners since they'll stun him for daysssss

Can you Dokkan Awaken non-max level characters? the game says you need to max them out but in the awakening screen the button isn't grayed out or anything.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Can you Dokkan Awaken non-max level characters? the game says you need to max them out but in the awakening screen the button isn't grayed out or anything.
It won't let you unless they're maxed out. That's just there to show the next awakening is a dokkan and not z awakening

You can also feed some of the medals if you want. So long as they're different types of medals

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Gonna have to expand my box soon. :-/

ihkYMOA.jpg

SSGSS AGL Goku gets better later, right? Should I use my dupe to increase the SA of the other? Also I have a couple max lvl dupes for SRS because of the banners. Increase SA or Z-Awakenk then feed em to SSR characters to get loads of XP?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
SSGSS AGL Goku gets better later, right? Should I use my dupe to increase the SA of the other? Also I have a couple max lvl dupes for SRS because of the banners. Increase SA or Z-Awakenk then feed em to SSR characters to get loads of XP?
I'd hoard dupes for a while until we know exactly how the upcoming dupe system works

MisterMac

I'Il just reroll for Super Vegito if I don't get him. I'll fire up the rerolling app on an android emulator and go to town and make a transfer code for this account and put it on my old iPhone 4 or on my PC just in case.

Since I'm staying free to play the only advantage I have is being able to drop everything I have because I didn't invest in it. If the cards I have are going to be made obsolete by a meta that revolves around having the new hotness and they aren't going to provide sufficient additional means of gathering stones then it's an easy choice to start over. Because honestly if I spent $44.49 to do one discount summon and one multisummon and got no SSRs I would probably throw my phone out the window. It still annoys me that we don't just get one stone every day for logging into the game on top of whatever event is going. One multi every 50 days that could give you nothing but useless Rs and SRs seems more than fair IMO and still leaves ample motivation for people who want to spend to drop cash while certain banners are around.

The most fun part of the game to me is making teams to beat the Dokkan events and Super Strikes with minimal item use and doing summons for that digital crack gamblers high. So they way I look at it abandoning what I have for a reroll gets me a god leader and every story/strike stone back in play to do more summons. And also a familiarity with the games systems that will help me to be more patient and spend my stones with more care. And what do I lose? A painstakingly assembled team of characters that from what I can tell are several orders of magnitude less powerful than Super Vegito, a random collection of AGL cards, R murasaki, and a friend Super Vegito

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Any tips for the Ultimate Gokkan? It's hard as fuck. Running with a lot of them Buus.

That's pretty much all I did. Used 4 buus, janemba and Gogeta. If you have enough Buus, it's actually not that hard. If you don't, then he wrecks everything. And I need 20 of these stupid medals. Ugh.

How often (if ever) do you guys spend stones on stamina? I feel like this game isn't too bad about f2p stuff generally but the stamina limit is just killer, and to add to that, any stamina you get from leveling up is wasted beyond the cap, unlike in most f2p games, which adds a really un-fun metalayer of trying to level up as close as possible to having no stamina. Maybe I should just interpret this as the game telling me to play less?

Sec0nd

That's pretty much all I did. Used 4 buus, janemba and Gogeta. If you have enough Buus, it's actually not that hard. If you don't, then he wrecks everything. And I need 20 of these stupid medals. Ugh.

Same. So far I'm on one... Currently running PHY Gotenks, PHY SSJ Trunk, PHY Kid Buu, PHY Fat Buu, TEQ Buu and Int Fat Buu. Might throw in AGL Golden Freeza in there. But otherwise I really don't know what to do with my charcs.

MisterMac

How often (if ever) do you guys spend stones on stamina? I feel like this game isn't too bad about f2p stuff generally but the stamina limit is just killer, and to add to that, any stamina you get from leveling up is wasted beyond the cap, unlike in most f2p games, which adds a really un-fun metalayer of trying to level up as close as possible to having no stamina. Maybe I should just interpret this as the game telling me to play less?

I only spend during the WT and I make sure to spend less stones than I will get as a reward for playing in the WT. Otherwise I wait for regen. The only exceptions to this are if I am running out of time on an event and I need 1 bar or so to compete it before it goes away. Other than that I spend stones only to add more slots to my character bank or summon cards

Any tips for the Ultimate Gokkan? It's hard as fuck. Running with a lot of them Buus.

Go back in time and do the event when it was bugged lol. I'm glad I did the medals back then, I had some difficulty back then so I don't even want to imagine how it is now.

I'd hoard dupes for a while until we know exactly how the upcoming dupe system works
Okay. Thanks.

RNG is the most op thing in this game. No matter how good my team IS RNG finds a way to make me its bitch.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Heya gang, haven't been posting much as I am currently on holiday in Japan! Been trying to do my Mighty Masks in the time I've had between activities, on train rides etc., but am still only 3/14 so far (thank god I got my characters ready prior to the event starting!)

I've also been buying up a storm in Akihabara, and managed to score some good deals on figures, t-shirts, and other nerdy bits and pieces in the last two days. Will post pics later on, when I have time to deal with image hosting on mobile... >.>

Meneses

Heya gang, haven't been posting much as I am currently on holiday in Japan! Been trying to do my Mighty Masks in the time I've had between activities, on train rides etc., but am still only 3/14 so far (thank god I got my characters ready prior to the event starting!)

I've also been buying up a storm in Akihabara, and managed to score some good deals on figures, t-shirts, and other nerdy bits and pieces in the last two days. Will post pics later on, when I have time to deal with image hosting on mobile... >.>

Nice, enjoy!

I just got one shot by Trunks and was too late to close the app (I was too perplexed to move) so my day is going great too :p

9/14 medals for mighty mask. This is the last important SA15 right? At least, for now?

Least amount of items I used on Mighty was a senzu and a yama. Babidi might get replaced he ain't stunning often enough :mad:. General blue is stunning for days though

MiTYH

Go back in time and do the event when it was bugged lol. I'm glad I did the medals back then, I had some difficulty back then so I don't even want to imagine how it is now.

This is my biggest regret. I didn't have the team then that I do now. I could wipe the FLOOR with Gohan now, but eh I'll wait until the FP Android come out before needing to go for these medals

Tried the TEQ 30DS multi pull.. I shouldn't have done that, no SSR at all, should've kept the 30 stones. At least I still keep 110DS for the Vegito/Broly PHY event

btw, I still don't get it, how can I get the SA15 level for Might Mask or Cyborg Tao? I managed to get Cyborg Tao up to 10/10 before dokkan awaken him, but now I don't really know how to grind him up to SA15

Meneses

Tried the TEQ 30DS multi pull.. I shouldn't have done that, no SSR at all, should've kept the 30 stones. At least I still keep 110DS for the Vegito/Broly PHY event

btw, I still don't get it, how can I get the SA15 level for Might Mask or Cyborg Tao? I managed to get Cyborg Tao up to 10/10 before dokkan awaken him, but now I don't really know how to grind him up to SA15

You need to grind another one to SA 5, and then fuse him with the dokkaned one that is at 10/15.

A few posts back there's a description of the process (basically, you can either take the long road playing it safe, or test your luck).

Trained my SR Teq Beerus to SSR Z-awakened to get a 50% chance at leveling the SA of my main SSR teq Beerus and I didn't get it :( what a horrible waste of medals.

Meneses

Trained my SR Teq Beerus to SSR Z-awakened to get a 50% chance at leveling the SA of my main SSR teq Beerus and I didn't get it :( what a horrible waste of medals.

I was lucky with my PHY Trunks farming, got 4/4 until just now, this attempt failed.

I'm almost out of awakening medals too, so i'll take it as a sign to stop lol

Is there a good place to get different types of Cell Jrs? I was doing the 2nd area and got a lot of PHY and AGL, but I was hoping for some of the others too. I want to make an awesome Cell Jr set to fill in gaps when I do these cost limit Dokkans.

Lol, so I fought Mighty Mask and he only hit me once. Rest of the time he was stun locked. Mighty Mask? More like Mundane Mask amirite?

Edit: Did it again lol. Ughhhhh I wish RNG was this nice before. I'm down to like 50 Ghost Ushers and 95 Yama ;(

Double edit:. I hate how if the boss is gonna super they're immune to stuns -.-. Literally MM was gonna ult on the last turn. General blue and Babidi BOTH supering in every combination possible didn't stun him. Like the hell?!

Kitoro

So, just to make sure I get things straight for when Super Saiyan Vegito releases, to my understanding he can be pulled as an SSR at 24 Cost, and then can be awakened to UR, and then Dokkan Awakened? I'm new, so I'm not familiar with how this Dokkan Awakening system works, hehe.

Also, are we to expect any new game modes or social features down the line, or is this pretty much how the game will stay? Thanks!

MisterMac

So, just to make sure I get things straight for when Super Saiyan Vegito releases, to my understanding he can be pulled as an SSR at 24 Cost, and then can be awakened to UR, and then Dokkan Awakened? I'm new, so I'm not familiar with how this Dokkan Awakening system works, hehe.

Also, are we to expect any new game modes or social features down the line, or is this pretty much how the game will stay? Thanks!

You got it down for Super Vegito. Dokkan Awakening is basically your card going Super Saiyan. It requires a specific type of awakening medal typically from a character specific Dokkan event. Once you use those medals on the card it transforms into a new card with new art and enhanced versions of its old abilities and it's level drops down to 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom