• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMac

Great Apes and Hero of Justice are live! So much to to my brain is gonna explode! I got my 2 Goten and Baby Vegeta at SA10 and medals to Dokkan them so that's nice. But I still need to grind out 5 more Jackie Chun medals to get him to SA15 and I haven't even done one stage of Mighty Mask so that's 15 drops and 14 medals to go. Plus I wanna hit all the levels on the Xeno Trunks level to get those stones.

As I understand it this first great apes banner isn't really worth pulling on? Fine by me because I need to start grinding stones STAT. The discount summon is tempting though. Maybe if I hit 200 stones before it goes away.

Is the AGL Cell that drops from Cell games garbage? My AGL units are trash so I am tempted but I did 4 runs with no drops and don't want to fall further behind on bigger and better things

Pulled on the discount banner. I'm saving for the Vegito banner but this and the other discount banner are the only pulls I've done since I started a week ago, and I still have many stones to farm from story mode so I figure, why not. The results were mediocre though. That Gohan can be Dokkaned in this Saiyaman event at least, but idk if I'm going to be able to get the medals needed.

Y4mEXIJ.png

MiTYH

Went into today saying that I wasn't going to pull since the second great apes one is better

Then I saw the discount and that I had virtually none of the boosted units, and pulled.

NO REGRETS! I got SSR TEQ Trunks (GT) and, more importantly, SSR PHY GOTENKS! An awesome unit who links so well with Gogeta!!

And with Hero of Justice finally back, I'm spending all my time getting those medals first (I have every single unit to awaken). Then I'll move onto the great apes stuff.

Meneses

Did the discount, got AGL Kaioken Goku and TEQ Coora, none of which I owned, so I can't complain.

It's still probably smarter to keep saving for Vegito.

Man. I wanna do the 30 pill for the Goku Great Ape but I do t got enough DS to do a discount pull and two multipulls on the Vegito banner(I'm probably going to need 30 multipulls tbh...). Even after exhausting the new missions.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Pulled on the discount banner. I'm saving for the Vegito banner but this and the other discount banner are the only pulls I've done since I started a week ago, and I still have many stones to farm from story mode so I figure, why not. The results were mediocre though. That Gohan can be Dokkaned in this Saiyaman event at least, but idk if I'm going to be able to get the medals needed.

Y4mEXIJ.png
That Buu and Cell should be helpful for the Ultimate Gohan fight going on now.

Also that Buu gets a dokkan awakening much later om

Maxim726X

Daaamn got Radditz (SSR) and STR Godku from the discount.

Also, earlier this week did two random single pulls... SSR TEQ Cell and INT Ultimate Gohan IN A ROW!

Think I sucked up all the good will that RNGesus has for me, but I'm saving my remaining stones for SSJ Vegito.

Also, earlier this week did two random single pulls... SSR TEQ Cell and INT Ultimate Gohan IN A ROW!

Think I sucked up all the good will that RNGesus has for me, but I'm saving my remaining stones for SSJ Vegito.
...meanwhile all my single pulls got me shit. I got a SSR SSJ3 Fajita WHICH I ALREADY HADDDDDDD! I wanted Majin...sigh.

Meneses

Get out of here, Bandai spy sent to make us spend our stones!

lol Congratz on the pulls

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Here are the results of my discount pull:

Any advice on whether or not I should implement that Vegeta or Bardock into my team?

Here's what I've got going on right now. Please keep in mind, I just started a week ago!

Thanks!

Take out one of those SRs and put Bardock as your lead

That Buu and Cell should be helpful for the Ultimate Gohan fight going on now.

Also that Buu gets a dokkan awakening much later om

I only have the one Buu though, from what I've heard I doubt that's enough for the Gohan event? I haven't really checked it out much.

The Saiyaman event is reasonably easy though. I've cleared everything on hard without a sweat, and the first stage on Z-Hard. Hopefully the last stage is doable, regardless I'll be able to get enough medals to Dokkan both Str and Agi Gohan.

Also jealous of the poster above me who also started a week ago and has 2 URs already, wtf. I'm still leveling my SSRs the point where I can even Z-awaken them! Plus I need waaaay more medals.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
All Types Ki+2 is better than AGI 60% HP and DEF Boost as a leader skill for a mostly AGI team?

Yep, getting ki for your team and supering as much as possible is very important. Bardock does that through his leader skill, passive, and links. You have enough people on your team with the Prepared for Battle link that you should be firing off supers relatively easily.

I only have the one Buu though, from what I've heard I doubt that's enough for the Gohan event? I haven't really checked it out much.

Ah you probably won't be able to complete in then. But keep those two in mind later on when you are ready

Meneses

And just a little tip: cover up your screen header (where it says your name, money, stones, etc.) when you post stuff online, there have been cases of people stealing accounts that way - I suppose by contacting support and pretending to have lost the account and giving them that same info.

Maxim726X

And just a little tip: cover up your screen header (where it says your name, money, stones, etc.) when you post stuff online, there have been cases of people stealing accounts that way - I suppose by contacting support and pretending to have lost the account and giving them that same info.

This is all true.

It looks like Bamco is aware of this, though, as you have to answer a bunch of very specific questions before you get a new transfer code... I legitimately needed one a few weeks ago and I had to tell them what units were in my main team, the last 5 quests I did, what my most recent level was, and the very last thing I did before losing my game.

It's sad that people who actually lost their account have to go through this, but it's better than the alternative.

Oh, and thanks for the love. I was shit on by RNGesus for a really long time so I definitely made up for it over the last week or so.

Meneses

It's sad that people who actually lost their account have to go through this, but it's better than the alternative.

Yeah, I mean, I hardly recall what I did a couple hours ago or who my team was exactly so I think i'm gonna start trying harder to remember it lol But I think that's better than letting basically anyone who gets ahold of your main info get away with it.

While it can be a pain in the butt, it's better to be extra safe just in case, I guess.

Yeah, I mean, I hardly recall what I did a couple hours ago or who my team was exactly so I think i'm gonna start trying harder to remember it lol But I think that's better than letting basically anyone who gets ahold of your main info get away with it.

While it can be a pain in the butt, it's better to be extra safe just in case, I guess.
If I were you I'd take screenshots of all my teams. Unless you change your team set up a lot.

So I'm grinding Nappa&Gohan to SA10 before DAong them. Is there a point in doing the same for Vegeta SR? Is he gonna have a DA too?

Meneses

The Gohan from the justice one, I guess I should have differentiated between the two lol. Child Gohan doesn't, but teen Gohan on Nimbus does.

Ah yeah, I think I dokkaned him without SA10 back then, I didn't really know how stuff worked.

But I think I won't bother re-farming, I think I hardly used him.

I pulled AGL U. Gohan and dokkaned him the first time around and said what are the odds of getting another U. Gohan and said bun the rest of the medals. Now I pulled the PHY one on the 30 stone and I don't have any Buu's to do the event. #Feelsbadman

Meneses

I pulled AGL U. Gohan and dokkaned him the first time around and said what are the odds of getting another U. Gohan and said bun the rest of the medals. Now I pulled the PHY one on the 30 stone and I don't have any Buu's to do the event. #Feelsbadman

I got AGL Gohan when failing to get Gogeta, and when his event came along with the glitch, I got 30 medals just in case. It worked out all right because not much later I got the INT one, but the PHY version still eludes me.

Durden77

I kinda want a great ape. But people are saying that a second great ape banner is coming that is better? Are they adding more?

Also Nappa in the story event is farmable right? I could deal with him being my great ape right now I suppose.

Pulled the 30 stone Great Ape banner and got... nothing good.
I'm to the point that I have so many SRs that I don't know what to do with but I'm afraid to sell to Baba JUST in case I want them later, but I'm running out of room and need more character space.

Kitoro

Do we know the transformation rate of the Great Ape cards? I'm thinking about 5% per turn from my experience so far, but I'd love to be underestimating!

MisterMac

I completed my first Super Strike grind. I have 14 Jackie Chun medals and his card at SA10 and SA5. Just need to voltron them together. SA10 Gogeta friend and cheap INT card strat for win. Took more items then I'd have liked but such is life. Dunno if I have the will to grind out Mighty Mask this go around. I think I will spend the next few days getting all the stones from these story events before they go and doing my best not to pull on the ape banner

grinding the last few Bulma medals I need is sapping my will to live. I got 15 just doing all the stages on all difficulties, and then I got 2 in like 10 runs since.

Did the discount, got AGL Kaioken Goku and TEQ Coora, none of which I owned, so I can't complain.

It's still probably smarter to keep saving for Vegito.

So jealous, I've wanted that card for forever. I'm staying strong though. Just passed the 300 DS marker and I know I'll need every one of them if I hope to pull Vegito or Gogeta.

I'm wondering what we're going to get out of the cross over event. I'd be down for some cool One Piece characters.

Having horrible luck with Nappa dropping. Ran the mission around 10 times and I only have 4 including the 2 guaranteed ones.

I got 2 dropped in a single run two times in a row lol. But it's been dry for like four runs in a row now, so I guess it evened out :[

edit: Tall bald man is done. Now, can you farm Gohans in the Hero of Justice event? I did like 7 times and nada. And yush I made sure he drops on that stage :p

Durden77

I got 2 dropped in a single run two times in a row lol. But it's been dry for like four runs in a row now, so I guess it evened out :[

Damn I've just now gotten 5. Haven't gotten a double drop at all.

Does anyone know if the Awakening medals are guaranteed drops in the story event? I've gotten the Choutzu one every time I've ran Nappa on Z-hard, if it does it for normal I'd rather not waste all the stamina.

Meneses

Damn I've just now gotten 5. Haven't gotten a double drop at all.

Does anyone know if the Awakening medals are guaranteed drops in the story event? I've gotten the Choutzu one every time I've ran Nappa on Z-hard, if it does it for normal I'd rather not waste all the stamina.

I can't say for sure if they're guaranteed, but I got 5 Piccolo medals in a row (4 z-hard, 1 normal just to test).

The Nappa medal is definitely not guaranteed, though lol still sitting at just 1.

Durden77

I can't say for sure if they're guaranteed, but I got 5 Piccolo medals in a row (4 z-hard, 1 normal just to test).

The Nappa medal is definitely not guaranteed, though lol still sitting at just 1.

Just found out that they're not, at least on normal. Played the stage for the Krillin medal on normal just now and didn't get it.

Did a "for the lulz" single pull on the Ape banner and got SSR PHY Ultimate Gohan. Don't know where that luck came from.
Now I have to actually care about that Dokkan event I've been putting off.

So against the Gohan event - what's the strategy here? Here is the team I was thinking but I'm not quite sure since I don't any bonus KI.

ce73d09c-b4e4-4e1b-a74f-f6edcd5f55f9_zpsnhd0ioa4.png

Someone needs to report that the Hero of justice info screen is bugged. All the stages just show bulma medals instead of which medals you can get from each stage. My focus is on strike characters atm anyways.

Meneses

Finally got the Nappa medals but that shit was rough.

I'm going back to Trunks Strike to see if I can conjure up an extra SA or two for PHY.

With the events and a pleasant surprise of 7 stones for my 300 day login, i'm closer to having 150 stones again, so that's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom