• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think they're interesting because those are both cards that are normally pullable with stones. It did make my wonder what we'd get with later tiers.

Except tier 4 is just Strike Piccolo so I stopped wondering real fast

11/1 The Explosive Salt of Super Vegito.

So Mecha Frieza dropped on all but two of my runs so he's done. I still need to grind out Cold but I thought I might try and grab some of the Cell/Gohan/Beerus medals in case I pull any of them in my upcoming spending spree. Turns out Cell is a big joke? When he died and didn't come back with more health bars I was shocked. I rolled with my A-Team cause I don't have any soul vs soul guys and he went down fast

PHY Bardock
STR SSJ3 Vegeta
INT SSJ Goku
TEQ SSJ2 Goku
TEQ Majin Vegeta
INT Janemba

Friend Gogeta. By the time he went to do his little regen game it was too late and Vegeta got sweet sweet revenge for all the perfect shit he has to eat during the Cell Saga

Cell was easy peasy. I has him stones and super sealed almost 100% of the time hehe

When does Vegito drop again? I think I remember 11/1 but can't confirm

Finally got my last KC to drop. Up to maybe 30 Doffys without any drops soooo I'm going to storymode to finish up some gem farming. I've got enough to get my free multipull already, depending on luck I may try the xenoverse banner but probably will just pump it all into Vegito
Ye. If you go to news and scroll down you see the dates for everything

You say that as if it's in any way surprising

it's Yamcha and Krillin
Dude, Krillin is badass. He's a human and he has balls of steel and amazing tenacity. Yamcha us a dork though. Really, Yamcha a saibaman? Shame on you!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, do the Nappa medals actually drop? I've finished this m-f'ing map so many times and only get the training materials. Unreal.

commish

From the boss, right? I know at least one of the other medals dropped from enemies on the map rather than the boss, so perhaps I'm doing it wrong. I'm talking 20+ clears here with nothing!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
From the boss, right? I know at least one of the other medals dropped from enemies on the map rather than the boss, so perhaps I'm doing it wrong. I'm talking 20+ clears here with nothing!

Yeah, the drop rate is horrific though. I wasted a bar and a half of stamina to get my last one.

Kitoro

Nope they have the entire Z series on Blu Ray. The discs are pretty awesome too, I have them up to the Cell Saga and will be completing it later this year.

Here are the Buu saga ones

Gah.. figures autocorrect would have "corrected" the most important part of my post, haha. I was trying to ask if they ever released DBZ Kai Blu-rays for the Buu Saga, or at least ever released the episodes at all even digitally, though I'd really love to buy them physically.

Thanks again!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Gah.. figures autocorrect would have "corrected" the most important part of my post, haha. I was trying to ask if they ever released DBZ Kai Blu-rays for the Buu Saga, or at least ever released the episodes at all even digitally, though I'd really love to buy them physically.

Thanks again!

They haven't even aired the dub yet for Buu Kai despite talking about it for years. It kind of sucks

I was doing the goku event that popped up a couple days ago just now for no reason.

Got message from another world goku to drop on normal from the second stage. Dope dope dope.

yogloo

Finally. Bought cooler at the baba shop. 300 more gems to go and I am done with this batch. Should be done by this weekend.

Finally. Bought cooler at the baba shop. 300 more gems to go and I am done with this batch. Should be done by this weekend.
Why bother with em? Ubless you already finished all the current events. They don't seem that good and they don't have a timer so I think they're there until you buy em. Which if that's the case I'ma hold off gem farming till I finish KC card drops.

Why bother with em? Ubless you already finished all the current events. They don't seem that good and they don't have a timer so I think they're there until you buy em. Which if that's the case I'ma hold off gem farming till I finish KC card drops.

There's a large Rank EXP bonus right now so I'd think it's the best time to try.

Sure, but there are useful Krillins and Yamchas like the Perfect Guard or the ATK reducing ones... these are just plain bad.

But yes, not surprising lol

Funny you said that since I fed mine to the perfect guard units. Krillin got a SA up at 5% lol but of course Yamcha had to fail even though it was SR to SR. >.<^

Time to farm Mecha Frieza PHY and King Cold along with some Heros for the last 3 medals I need for my STR Videl.

Kitoro

I think I saw someone post that Super Vegito had roughly a .48% drop rate during his event on the JP version.. but is that accurate? I've watched a few YouTube pull videos and most people got him within the first few multi summons. Hell, one person got him on their very first pull, haha.

That said, I suppose people would be most inclined to post videos if they're successful, so then there's that.

Either way, I've got 500 free stones saved up, and I'm hoping that's enough!

Meneses

Funny you said that since I fed mine to the perfect guard units. Krillin got a SA up at 5% lol but of course Yamcha had to fail even though it was SR to SR. >.<^

Time to farm Mecha Frieza PHY and King Cold along with some Heros for the last 3 medals I need for my STR Videl.

lol

I tried the same but when Yamcha failed I just sold Krillin to Baba instead lol

Meneses

I think I saw someone post that Super Vegito had roughly a .48% drop rate during his event on the JP version.. but is that accurate? I've watched a few YouTube pull videos and most people got him within the first few multi summons. Hell, one person got him on their very first pull, haha.

That said, I suppose people would be most inclined to post videos if they're successful, so then there's that.

I spent over 500 stones on Gogeta (much more if we count the second time the banner showed up) and never got him.

Other people got him on their second multi, or even on singles.

It's just luck/RNG or the lack of it.

I lack it.

edit: sorry about the double post.

commish

I don't know if .48% is legit (I suppose it is quite possible if you do the math), but you really shouldn't expect to get him. If you really must, must have him above all else, it is probably better to just buy an account that already has him (and whatever else you want) and start over, assuming you don't get him. It's insane, imo, to spend $1000 to get him.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

I pulled the stats from this site: http://www.dbzdokkanstats.com

The stats are the product of bots rerolling new accounts, pulling and showing the stats. Breaks it down for % to pull an SSR, specific units, etc. For Vegito in Japan:
http://www.dbzdokkanstats.com/jpngachas/177/

I did the math at a pessimistic .46% rate, and for a "guaranteed" drop, taking the "3 pulls get 1 free" into account, you would need roughly 900 stones. But it's all RNG. It's possible for someone to dump 1,000 stones and still not pull him and for someone to pull him on their first pull.

MisterMac

What level gives the most rank exp? I know Wayward Champion is a popular one but does the last level of story mode give more rank exp? I'm gonna try it for the first time later today but I don't anticipate it being much trouble if it's just one TEQ boss

Meneses

I'm doing my pulls and I'll get what I get, after all, it's just a game.

Yeah, in the end it's just a silly game.

NO IT'S NOT I NEED ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH

What level gives the most rank exp? I know Wayward Champion is a popular one but does the last level of story mode give more rank exp? I'm gonna try it for the first time later today but I don't anticipate it being much trouble if it's just one TEQ boss

The last three chapters appear to give similar amounts. With this 3x EXP event, i've been doing the Krillin fight (16-1), it's pretty short and and it gives between 30k and 35k on Z-Hard, plus the possibility of Pilaf. The last story stage doesn't give much more if I recall correctly.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Yep that one gives the most rank exp

Just got a really weird error message at the end of a quest level, something like entry_not_unique, with the options Cancel or Retry. Retry would just return the same result, and canceling took me back to the login screen. Didn't count my mission completion either :(

Kitoro

I don't know if .48% is legit (I suppose it is quite possible if you do the math), but you really shouldn't expect to get him. If you really must, must have him above all else, it is probably better to just buy an account that already has him (and whatever else you want) and start over, assuming you don't get him. It's insane, imo, to spend $1000 to get him.

Oh, don't get me wrong; I'd never actually spend money on this game in any capacity; there's no real substance to it that ignites my desire enough to drop a dime. I've just been revisiting all things DBZ lately, and figured it'd be fun to re-start this game and hoard a ton of stones to try and get him.

I already have a great team ready for Super Vegito to helm, but if I don't get him, I'll probably just continue to log in every day and collect gems until the next time he, or the next big thing comes along and try my luck once more. No big deal either way!

Kitoro

Just got a really weird error message at the end of a quest level, something like entry_not_unique, with the options Cancel or Retry. Retry would just return the same result, and canceling took me back to the login screen. Didn't count my mission completion either :(

I've had that happen a few times, and typically one or two retries would do the trick.

commish

Oh, don't get me wrong; I'd never actually spend money on this game in any capacity; there's no real substance to it that ignites my desire enough to drop a dime. I've just been revisiting all things DBZ lately, and figured it'd be fun to re-start this game and hoard a ton of stones to try and get him.

I already have a great team ready for Super Vegito to helm, but if I don't get him, I'll probably just continue to log in every day and collect gems until the next time he, or the next big thing comes along and try my luck once more. No big deal either way!

I am Bandai's ideal customer. When I see everyone else getting SV, I WILL NEED TO HAVE HIM.

I was like you when I started a year ago. But then I decided that since the game kept me entertained for such a long time they deserve a little bit of a thankyou. Next then I knew I spent more on this game than a full AAA game release. o well.

MisterMac

Thanks for the quest advice guys. The spice must flow so I am hunting those levels to try and accomplish everything I want to get done. This game sure keeps you busy. I really wanna have 10 Cell medals on deck just in case. I should grind out the last few Hero of Justice medals I need so I can awaken the Videl I got. It's just TEQ Videl, is she worth the stamina to Dokkan?

I also want to farm this crossover Goku. The INT Super Saiyan Goku I have has been a bit of a sleeper on my team. Family Ties and Prepared for Battle make him great pals with the other Super Saiyans on my main team. So getting a few levels on his super attack could only help.

But I still need like 12 Frieza medals, 11 King Cold Medals, and 14 King Cold drops. It never ends

Kitoro

How does the Dokkan system work for Super Vegito and Broly? I see they require 77 of a certain medal to Dokkan, and there's one stage in the two week event that seems to drop 7 medals as a clear bonus...

Does that mean it's a guaranteed 7 medal drop per run, meaning it'd take 11 clears? Also, what happens if the event ends before a player can amass the medals? They're stuck with an unawakenable unit for a few months until the event comes back around?

Thanks!

MisterMac

How does the Dokkan system work for Super Vegito and Broly? I see they require 77 of a certain medal to Dokkan, and there's one stage in the two week event that seems to drop 7 medals as a clear bonus...

Does that mean it's a guaranteed 7 medal drop per run, meaning it'd take 11 clears? Also, what happens if the event ends before a player can amass the medals? They're stuck with an unawakenable unit for a few months until the event comes back around?

Thanks!

All of your assumptions are correct. Dokkan Awakening medals drops are typically guaranteed from raid bosses like Super Vegito. 11 wins gets you the goods. If you don't get them all the first time around you are indeed stuck with the unawakened unit til the event comes back

Kitoro

All of your assumptions are correct. Dokkan Awakening medals drops are typically guaranteed from raid bosses like Super Vegito. 11 wins gets you the goods. If you don't get them all the first time around you are indeed stuck with the unawakened unit til the event comes back

Thank you! Is the raid boss ridiculously hard, or is the difficulty more or less canceled out if players bring dual leader Super Vegito units of their own?

MisterMac

Thank you! Is the raid boss ridiculously hard, or is the difficulty more or less canceled out if players bring dual leader Super Vegito units of their own?

According to my research it's hard as fuck.

Phase 1: AGL/STR Goku and Vegeta
Phase 2: INT Vegito with I think 3-4 health bars
Phase 2: Super Vegito 4-5 health bars.

During his final phase Super Vegito has a buff that makes him take reduced damage from attacks unless the attacks have the Fierce Battle link which from a glance at my collection seems to only be on Dokkan awakened units.

So the TEQ units you will want to bring for Super Vegito himself become a liability against his INT phase and on top of it all the fierce battle gimmick seems like a serious hurdle to overcome.

Decided to use 30 stones for the discounted Oozaru summon and got Ape Goku, PHY Super Trunks and Teq Whis.

That could have been the Vegito. I'm scared now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom