• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoro

Decided to use 30 stones for the discounted Oozaru summon and got Ape Goku, PHY Super Trunks and Teq Whis.

That could have been the Vegito. I'm scared now.

What could have been the Vegito; the Great Ape Goku? I saw a guy on Reddit get Great Ape Goku, Vegeta, AND Raditz in his one discount multi-pull, hahaha.

yogloo

Why bother with em? Ubless you already finished all the current events. They don't seem that good and they don't have a timer so I think they're there until you buy em. Which if that's the case I'ma hold off gem farming till I finish KC card drops.
The one piece event has horrid drop rate. I'm going to skip that. Stamina wise it seems that gem farming is a much better proposition especially with 3x exp. I get gems, exp for the characters I'm trying to level up, training items and level exp.

Trying to figure out what team to use for Super Vegito. Right now I'm thinking:

Gogeta
STR SS3 Vegeta
AGI SS3 Goku
Janemba
TEQ Beerus
TEQ Cell

The one full team in the japanese guide on reddit didn't use any TEQ at all though.

MisterMac

Trying to figure out what team to use for Super Vegito. Right now I'm thinking:

Gogeta
STR SS3 Vegeta
AGI SS3 Goku
Janemba
TEQ Beerus
TEQ Cell

The one full team in the japanese guide on reddit didn't use any TEQ at all though.

I'm jealous. My only Fierce Battlers are Janemba and SSJ3 Vegeta and soon to be Broly who will likely be worthless against AGL Super Vegito. I think your team looks boss except I worry about Vegeta and Goku losing their limited buffs before the fight ends. But TEQ Cell means you could probably Nuke Super Vegito with a fierce battle link

Even if I get Vegito I probably won't have a chance in this fight.

My SA10 Cell is gonna be really useful vs Super Vegito. Wonder if I should try nuking. Not too many Fierce Battle TEQ units but they all pack a wallop.

It's a real long fight. 3 phases and the first two have INTs in them.

Yeah thats why I'm iffy on using him to nuke. Probably better to go for the long haul. Its too bad SSG wasn't dokkaned yet. I have him at SA10 and he has OIAF.

Gogeta will be taking out INT Vegeta and Vegito and like I said not too many TEQ Fierce battle units on me so I'll be using a mixed team regardless.

Well the crossover event seems like it's going to be easy enough to do. Actually right now we're beating it faster than the website can take. Well on the way to stage 6 now by the looks of it and it still hasn't even updated to say what the rewards for stage 6 are. I'm not complaining about all these free stones though. I've now got enough for 5 pulls to try get Vegito. Hoping to get up to 300 for 8 attempts.

Sec0nd

Ultimate Gohan is just ridiculous. Can't seem to beat him at all. Usually end up near the end of the fight with no items and then he decides to hit me for 30k+

MisterMac

Well the crossover event seems like it's going to be easy enough to do. Actually right now we're beating it faster than the website can take. Well on the way to stage 6 now by the looks of it and it still hasn't even updated to say what the rewards for stage 6 are. I'm not complaining about all these free stones though. I've now got enough for 5 pulls to try get Vegito. Hoping to get up to 300 for 8 attempts.

280 gets you 8 attempts! Discount summon(30) and 100 for the next two before a freebie. Then 150 for the next set of 3 with one freebie

Savitar

Ultimate Gohan is just ridiculous. Can't seem to beat him at all. Usually end up near the end of the fight with no items and then he decides to hit me for 30k+

You should have seen him the first time, was bugged so he was easier and instead of delaying it they left him that way.

Aiii

So not worth it
Went from Rank 98 to 168, I just did an entire run of Wayward Champion from start to finish with my eyes closed.

Went from Rank 98 to 168, I just did an entire run of Wayward Champion from start to finish with my eyes closed.

Shiiiiiiet. I've been doing KC, as for story I hate gem farming so bloody much :[. I might just do Wayward Champion to lvl up my rank, since I couldn't care less bout the characters in the baba shop. I got the ones that I cared for.

You should have seen him the first time, was bugged so he was easier and instead of delaying it they left him that way.

Meneses

Reading up on the Super Vegito event, that shit sounds hard. I'm starting to doubt i'll even be able to awaken my regular Vegitos. I'll probably have to wait until 1 or 2
friends / guests have SV up to have a better chance.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Today I have literally had Nappa become a great ape more times than I have gotten a king Cold drop

One drop all weekend. Only four more to go and I would just wait for a double drop event but there's nothing else I'm interested in using my stamina for.

The drops for KC were nice to me. I got 14 drops over like four days. I never went more than 4 times without him dropping lol. Are we able to farm the STR Goku we got from the start of crossover?

Savitar

Got the last Goku on that damn Joker stage, not that it's bad but eh.

Will focus on MORE TRAINING since everything else is done until Tuesday.

We will all be excited come Tuesday, but who will be the one who gets the grand prize?!

Got the last Goku on that damn Joker stage, not that it's bad but eh.

Will focus on MORE TRAINING since everything else is done until Tuesday.

We will all be excited come Tuesday, but who will be the one who gets the grand prize?!

KC dropped for me so often. Goku on the other hand, 10+ runs nada. DAMN YOU KARMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Meneses

Man, I wish V-day was here already because:

1) It would swiftly end my anticipation and misery as I empty my very small DS basket
and get shitty SRs

2) It would finally bring some new stuff to do besides mindlessly grinding Story or the One Piece stuff.

I have 9 Gokus total but the drop rate has been pretty bad.

Tamanon

Banned
I have 80 stones right now on my amazing F2P account(Gogeta, Broly, almost every Z tier). Might finally break the seal on buying stones for at least 50 to get 4 pulls.

Otherwise, I also have my Droid4X dialed up to reroll for Vegito. Then I might just give away my really swank account lol.

I have 80 stones right now on my amazing F2P account(Gogeta, Broly, almost every Z tier). Might finally break the seal on buying stones for at least 50 to get 4 pulls.

Otherwise, I also have my Droid4X dialed up to reroll for Vegito. Then I might just give away my really swank account lol.

I was F2P for about a year till I decided to go screw it and buy some stones. I don't really regret it because it got me a SSJ Gotenks which seals supers. I got like 30 URs being F2P though. With all the stones we've been getting from maintenance, and this crossover I got enough to do 5 rolls. Might buy more stones to get a 6th and get another freebie

RNG was being really shitty to me with units and orbs so I ended up losing out on a round of Mecha Frieza medal and got really pissed.

Saw a TEQ SSG Goku up for grabs and made a team of my own TEQ SSG Goku, TEQ P Cell and PHY Fatenks for some HP buffer and then the orb changers + a ghost usher.

Felt so good killing Mecha Frieza at over 10 million damage.

King Cold is gonna be a pain I bet. Stupid part is that I ran out of turtle medals to awaken my Strike characters so RIP.

Still have to farm Nappa too.

MisterMac

I gotta bang out the last four Mecha Frieza medals myself. Shouldn't be a problem using the 52 points of STR and friend Gogeta strat. The one piece Goku has been great for them, he stuns all the time for me.

Been having the urge to play this again... but I lost my account sometime between when I last posted in this thread (a quick search says December of last year....) and when I felt the urge to play again last week. It's probably been 10 months or so since I last played, and I've gone through 2 phones since then... Luckily I bought a few dragon stones before and still had the e-mail from it. So I used the account restoration and boom I'm good to go.

So, assuming it's been nearly a year since I last played... what's new that I should get up to speed on? Also, how's my team in the current meta?

5Dchp0C.png

I also have a UR TEQ Final Form Frieza and UR Golden Strength Frieza.

(edit) Also I've got 60 stones... should I blow them on both the 1 time 30 summons? Or Grab one of the guaranteed SSR summons? Should my first focus be to hit all the back logged story missions?

Meneses

Do Story missions to Rank up and save all your stones for tomorrow, then waste spend them all on the Super Vegito / Gogeta / Broly banner.

If you're lucky to get one of those, it will help you a lot when catching up on content. Super Vegito will be the current game breaking unit, and Gogeta had that title beforehand.

edit: also, the crossover campaign gives you a decent free SSR Goku. I don't remember if we get it automatically when logging in or if it drops the first time you complete Z-Hard - it can be farmed but the drop rate isn't good and it's better to do Story missions instead.

MiTYH

edit: also, the crossover campaign gives you a decent free SSR Goku. I don't remember if we get it automatically when logging in or if it drops the first time you complete Z-Hard - it can be farmed but the drop rate isn't good and it's better to do Story missions instead.

Going on 50+, haven't gotten a drop yet :(

Actually spent more time this weekend finally getting those stupid medals for the free Android 13 storymode gives out. I've just enough stamina that, with x3 exp, I can go infinitely on storymode farming the same stage. They're all kind easy, just... drop rate isn't great. I believe I'm done farming the card and with 3/5 medals. Android 19 currently doesn't want to drop

My SSR Goku is SA7, not sure why you guys are having such dire drops, it seems okay to me.

30 runs here and not a single Goku card yet, drop rate for this event is ridiculous

Btw, I've already managed to save 179 DS in my F2P account, I'll try my luck for V-day. so far this is my character list:

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My SSR Goku is SA7, not sure why you guys are having such dire drops, it seems okay to me.

People who use this type of logic always crack me up. It's really a surprise to you that different people get different results when going for random drops? It's random.

Anyway, should I bother trying to get either Frieza in Vicious Mechanical Monarch? Not sure how useful they are nowadays.

MiTYH

So if my math is right, we need 280 stones to do 8 pulls for Vegito, right?

30 discount
50 normal
50 normal
Free

50 normal
50 normal
50 normal
Free

I'm actually fairly close to that. Might clear out some storymode today to get to that magic number. I'm unsure how far into this dokkanfest I should go considering I do have Gogeta (thought could always use an unawakened for Strike events, I guess). I'll definitely be doing the first discount/free ones, might wait on rates to see how deep I go into this

MisterMac

For Broly. Should I stack up on blazing battlers or just take a few to block with?

I'm thinking for starters

SSR AGL Kid Buu lead
SSR AGL SSJ Goku
SSR TEQ Great Saiyaman 2?
TUR SSJ3 Vegeta

And after that I'm not sure. My other disable rampage cards are:

Undokkaned King Vegeta with SA10
SR AGL Kid Trunks

Should I bring Janemba and Bardock to lower his defense and keep him sealed? Should I just get SSGSS TEQ Goku and nuke him? Stack up on the blazing battlers?

I don't think his STR version will be a problem for me but I am lazy and want to get the medals in less fights.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

30 discount
50 normal
50 normal
Free

50 normal
50 normal
50 normal
Free

I'm actually fairly close to that. Might clear out some storymode today to get to that magic number. I'm unsure how far into this dokkanfest I should go considering I do have Gogeta (thought could always use an unawakened for Strike events, I guess). I'll definitely be doing the first discount/free ones, might wait on rates to see how deep I go into this
You want more Gogetas for the dupe system in the future.

MiTYH

You want more Gogetas for the dupe system in the future.

Oh, that's true. Probably 6 months away at the earliest, but yeah I forgot that was coming.

Guess I'll probably go all in!

Also, forgot we (should) hit the level 8/9 rewards for this crossover today/tomorrow, so that's more easy stones! I'll need to expand my box at this rate

I saved over 500 stones from doing quest mode, but I'm kind of burned out, haven't done anything else the past few days except dailies. Just the lack of good cards for the Strike events means I'm pretty much not having much else to do. Hopefully the banner will be kind to me.

Do Story missions to Rank up and save all your stones for tomorrow, then waste spend them all on the Super Vegito / Gogeta / Broly banner.

If you're lucky to get one of those, it will help you a lot when catching up on content. Super Vegito will be the current game breaking unit, and Gogeta had that title beforehand.

You have to login during the event period and you get him. Also love the passive aggressive nature with you and Vegito and Gogeta lol, I feel the exact same way.
Going on 50+, haven't gotten a drop yet :(

Actually spent more time this weekend finally getting those stupid medals for the free Android 13 storymode gives out. I've just enough stamina that, with x3 exp, I can go infinitely on storymode farming the same stage. They're all kind easy, just... drop rate isn't great. I believe I'm done farming the card and with 3/5 medals. Android 19 currently doesn't want to drop
Same boat. I got KC fairly often. But I guess since Goku is a SSR it's a much lower chance?

:mad:! RNGeus was was kind to me during KC, but shit for Goku drops :(

People who use this type of logic always crack me up. It's really a surprise to you that different people get different results when going for random drops? It's random.

Anyway, should I bother trying to get either Frieza in Vicious Mechanical Monarch? Not sure how useful they are nowadays.
Sure why not. They might actually be useful in strike events, you never know. If you don't have any other event to do, might as well right?

30 discount
50 normal
50 normal
Free

50 normal
50 normal
50 normal
Free

Yeh I might just do the first three and see how kind the drop is for me. I don't feel like dropping more money just to be disappointed.
For Broly. Should I stack up on blazing battlers or just take a few to block with?

I'm thinking for starters

SSR AGL Kid Buu lead
SSR AGL SSJ Goku
SSR TEQ Great Saiyaman 2?
TUR SSJ3 Vegeta

And after that I'm not sure. My other disable rampage cards are:

Undokkaned King Vegeta with SA10
SR AGL Kid Trunks

Should I bring Janemba and Bardock to lower his defense and keep him sealed? Should I just get SSGSS TEQ Goku and nuke him? Stack up on the blazing battlers?

I don't think his STR version will be a problem for me but I am lazy and want to get the medals in less fights.
Kid Trunks actually does decent damage to him with his supers. And he takes so little damage with the link skill. I also used King Vegeta. He was shit but link skill came in handy. My other cards I think was TEQ SSJ Goku(the one that you get from DAing Angel Goku) kid Buu, mighty mask, and I don't remember the last it might've been Turles to stun lock him. With Gogeta Friend doing all the damage. It worked kinda well at times, depending on RNG.

Btw everyone that posted a picture, hide the info up top that shows Zeni, DS, etc. That can be used to steal accounts. Just like crop it out or use paint and black is out

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It'd be funny if Dokkan didn't make it, but they did.

It wouldn't surprise me. I only started grinding the event on Dokkan because I got sick of the King Cold drop rate. Even then, the fight is so easy I just want to play something else.

Meanwhile my low level One Piece account can do the 20 stam Frieza event twice in a row for a level up - so I was able to do it over and over for like 30 mins straight.

Also, bobble head Frieza looks ridiculous.

G0h7THV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom