• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMac

Yeah I rerolled last time and was surprised how much more fun it was to replay it with Gogeta as my starter character. I was probably going to the same with my Gogeta account and leave it on my GF's phone in the meantime if I can get my hands on SV. Dunno what happened to the PM btw but it never came through just in case you were wondering why I didn't reply. Dunno if GAF inbox is playing up or what.

That's weird! Well I have a SV code if you want it. It's from an android emulator so if you are on iOS I'd load it into the emulator you are using and grind out 30 something stones and do another multi before transferring it since you lose the stones you have on you going from Android to iOS. But if you use and android phone it's all good in the hood.

The account I saved is Super Vegito with only one Multisummon done I think. Should still have 23 stones in the gift box and 8 or so in your inventory. Zero story quests/missions done. Super Vegito was the only SSR from the multi

That's weird! Well I have a SV code if you want it. It's from an android emulator so if you are on iOS I'd load it into the emulator you are using and grind out 30 something stones and do another multi before transferring it since you lose the stones you have on you going from Android to iOS. But if you use and android phone it's all good in the hood.

The account I saved is Super Vegito with only one Multisummon done I think. Should still have 23 stones in the gift box and 8 or so in your inventory. Zero story quests/missions done. Super Vegito was the only SSR from the multi

Ah, yeah I'd totally take it if it's not going to be put to use! I'm on android too so would be perfect.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Condolences on not getting Super Vegito man :( I'm sorry. I was hoping you would grab him so I could pay back all the help your Gogeta has given me with a Vegito.

I say Super Vegito + Gogeta. Unless PHY gets a tank it's the weakest team. Meanwhile Vegito is Vegito and Gogeta will be relevant again when Omega Shenron comes around. Plus the rainbow leader skill will be better as you construct a team of AGL killers.

Think of it this way, if you reroll and get Super Vegito you will be able to save stones for Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken Goku? Now you're due for a good summon!

Thanks - on the bright side, if I reroll my old account will still have Gogeta set up as the leader for us to use!

I actually have a lot of fun playing on rerolls with a new team. But I sure did a lot of grinding on this account:
http://i.imgur.com/uidKWBR.jpg

idonteven

i'm gonna reroll some accounts to so i can make someone happy

first im gonna work on my new account and level it asap

vegito is amazing <3 shame im not gonna be able to dokkan him if i dont get amazing super luck

MisterMac

Thanks - on the bright side, if I reroll my old account will still have Gogeta set up as the leader for us to use!

I actually have a lot of fun playing on rerolls with a new team. But I sure did a lot of grinding on this account:

That is gorgeous. You could always keep it alive on an emulator and snag your login bonuses in case SV comes back around again. I was sweating bullets when I did my freebie multi at the thought of giving up Broly and Majin Vegeta for WT runs.

K so I couldn't get Gogeta from the banner. If I attempted the SV event, should I get a Gogeta Friend or a Vegito friend? I have like three characters with the fierce battle link. AGL Kid Buu, STR Broly, and INT Cell. Should I use em? Unfortunately no Janemba ;(

MisterMac

K so I couldn't get Gogeta from the banner. If I attempted the SV event, should I get a Gogeta Friend or a Vegito friend? I have like three characters with the fierce battle link. AGL Kid Buu, STR Broly, and INT Cell. Should I use em? Unfortunately no Janemba ;(

TUR Gogeta friend imo. The higher SA the better. He won't block for shit but he'll hit link a truck and will be able to link with your Fierce Battlers. If you see a TUR Super Vegito snag him,

linkent

better to put AOE lead for WT :D

my first account is similar to yours -broly.
couldnt get SV in 4multi too :(

luckily my main(reroll during broly) got it.

MisterMac

Hey Kanik another bright side if you keep that account alive and we get the God Leader Banner and tickets per 50 stones spent you'll have 19 more shots at Super Vegito!

You can use the transfer code to go back. Just make sure to generate a fresh one before you do anything.
Officially the transfer codes are valid for 2 weeks but some people report them working later.

Cheers. Looking at it now, it actually isn't that hard to switch between two accounts on an emulator and a phone if you wanted. Not sure I want to invest that kind of time but happy to have the option.

Shanlei91

Hey Kanik another bright side if you keep that account alive and we get the God Leader Banner and tickets per 50 stones spent you'll have 19 more shots at Super Vegito!

TNhwjmw.jpg

MisterMac

? Explain ??

Japan recently got a reward where they were awarded a gold ticket for a single summon. 1 ticket per 50 stones the account had spent since it started. The banner the tickets were spent on had every god leader card on it. Buuhan, Super Vegito, SSJ3 Gotenks, Omega Shenron, Broly.

You could get an R off it. But you could also get a god leader.

It's not a sure thing that we will get it, but hope keeps us alive.

Japan recently got a reward where they were awarded a gold ticket for a single summon. 1 ticket per 50 stones the account had spent since it started. The banner the tickets were spent on had every god leader card on it. Buuhan, Super Vegito, SSJ3 Gotenks, Omega Shenron, Broly.

You could get an R off it. But you could also get a god leader.

It's not a sure thing that we will get it, but hope keeps us alive.

Oh shit I hope it's happening. I guess I won't reroll for now then. I've been using this account for months.

Meneses

So, I caved and spent some money to get me a third summon + free one.

Finally got Super Vegito, plus a dupe Broly, and PHY Piccolo + AGL Kid Buu (this one a dupe).

It was kinda worth it but at the same time I feel bad for spending more than I could / should.

Don't do this at home, kids.

Finally got Super Vegito, plus a dupe Broly, and PHY Piccolo + AGL Kid Buu (this one a dupe).

It was kinda worth it but at the same time I feel bad for spending more than I could / should.

I caved some money too and didn't got Super Vegito. Someone kill me :")
On the other hand, I kept rerolling Super Vegito. :/
If someone wants, I got a Super Vegito + PHY Legendary Broly right now to give.

Meneses

Just don't chase him, don't spend more money.

I know i'm talking on "a full stomach", as we say in my hometown, but there will be more opportunities in the future on good banners.

Durden77

Spend the 100 stones on the Super Vegito banner imo. You may get crap, and if you do it will certainly eat a great ape sized quantity of ass. But 10 free chances at an SSR like Gogeta or INT Ult Gohan is very valuable I say. Plus you are on a fresh account, you can spend 250 stones grabbing the two Super Vegito summons and the 3 GSSRs and still have like 400-500 stones left to farm from story and strikes. I wouldn't fuck with the rising dragon banner personally. Elder Kai, Majin Vegeta or Xeno Trunks would nice but I dunno. I'd sit on stones til the Fusion Banner drops and go for Brapan. You can always grind WT for Elder Kai and also when the GT event comes back around you can farm the GT treasures

Plus you could always pull Majuub from the GSSR and that's worse than pulling a bunch of SRs from the Vegito banner IMO

Wait, Brapan is a thing? And is coming to Dokkan Battle? Is her card is supposed to be good?

Hmmm alright, I'll probably go ahead with the 2 multipulls for at least the free one. Hope I get something good. SV is about the only really good SSR I have on this account besides the free crossover Goku.

MisterMac

Grats!!! I'm sorry you had to spend money but I'm very glad you got him. Eat ramen for a few days and balance the scales?

I just put together the best mono INT team I could and oh boy is it not great.

Super Vegito
Baby Vegeta SA10
Kid Trunks
Super Strike Vegeta - I need the medals but I'm glad I got his 15 drops already
Kid Buu
SSJ Goku - I pulled him so of course we all get him for free tomorrow

Durden77

Shiiiitt... I might take that. I've put a few hours into this SV account, but fuck it I'd start over again with PHY Broly inculded.

If you're willing to give I'm willing to take. Also that would put my SV account up for grabs. You've only done 1 multi pull right?

Also can I change the nickname on accounts or is it stuck? If not that might keep me on mine...

Just don't chase him, don't spend more money.

I know i'm talking on "a full stomach", as we say in my hometown, but there will be more opportunities in the future on good banners.

Yeah, I won't. That was my upper limit. It's just sooo annoyiiiing... but exciting at the same time hahahaa

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Keep in mind some folks on Reddit have spent thousands on this game, so it could always be worse.

MisterMac

Wait, Brapan is a thing? And is coming to Dokkan Battle? Is her card is supposed to be good?

Hmmm alright, I'll probably go ahead with the 2 multipulls for at least the free one. Hope I get something good. SV is about the only really good SSR I have on this account besides the free crossover Goku.

Her card is phenomenal and yes it's coming to Dokkan Battle. I guess she's from that 3ds fusion game that's coming out? Either way she Dokkan awakens into a character with a +3 Ki passive, is INT, and has fusion fighter link so she would be an amazing ki battery for Super Vegito teams

commish

Dollars or stones ?

Dollars, friend, dollars. There's a thread where people talk about how much they spent to try to get Gogeta and my head exploded. And I know another guy spent nearly $20k, based on how many of those free pulls he earned in the Japanese version.

MisterMac

Dollars or stones ?

Dollars. One guy spent $35k. There is a really sobering thread on Reddit from a guy who started the night with over $800 in his account and chased Vegito. He ended the night with $300 in his account and no Super Vegito and a chilling realization that he's a gambling addict. It was really fucking sad to read

Dollars, friend, dollars. There's a thread where people talk about how much they spent to try to get Gogeta and my head exploded. And I know another guy spent nearly $20k, based on how many of those free pulls he earned in the Japanese version.

Dollars. One guy spent $35k. There is a really sobering thread on Reddit from a guy who started the night with over $800 in his account and chased Vegito. He ended the night with $300 in his account and no Super Vegito and a chilling realization that he's a gambling addict. It was really fucking sad to read

Wow shit... and I felt bad with my 10 bucks spent ><

Happy you got him! But also don't do this to me, because the urge to try one more time is getting to me haha

I'll happily take that haha. Keep me from being stupid.

Lagamorph

$20k?! $35k?!?! Fucking hell, he probably could've just contacted someone at Bamco and discreetly paid them a fraction of it for a pre-built account.

As a purely F2P player just spending a little money on this seems baffling to me, but to be spending more than some people earn in a year on a Freemium game is just.....wow. I mean I did a few years of Psychology at college but I still can't begin to comprehend that level of addictive behaviour, though I count myself incredibly lucky to be able to say that.
About the closest I've come to spending money on this is occasionally thinking "Hm, wonder if my Google Reward credit can be used for a few more stones" when I've been a little under the 50 stone threshold, but then something comes along to give out just enough free stones anyway.

commish

That takes being a whale to a Super Saiyan level

Well done.

Whales in these games totally fascinate me. I totally get spending money because you desire something so much, and it's partially driven because other people have it, but that can only justify spending so much, especialy in a game that has no PvP. When it gets into the thousands of dollars, I just don't get it.

Lagamorph

I'm pretty sure if I tried a re-roll I'd get nothing but crap. Pulling Super Vegito today definitely used up every bit of luck I have with this game for a while I think.
Wouldn't have re-rolled even if I didn't get him though, I've had this account since the game launched on Global and pretty much the only card I really want that I'm missing is Gogeta.

http://imgur.com/a/uZZsr

I had the most insane pull. I don't know what happened. My pulls last night for Super Vegito got me like 8-9 new SSRs. I should be happy that I got Gogeta, but Super Vegito is my fav. Heres the insane pull I was talking about

But....I asked first!

Ah well. The more SV the better. Character really is boss, the more I have him the less I regret starting over. I really should just stick to this account anyway.

Sorry about that!! I even checked the thread before I asked to check. Don't know how I missed your post.

Shanlei91

Just loaded up Bluestacks to start rerolling. See that I'm logged in with my first account so I collect the free stones and do a multisummon....Jesus.

1LAhdsb.jpg

This is probably my best pull ever.

yogloo

There's a Japanese player who spent about 70,000 usd counting his golden tickets.

Just loaded up Bluestacks to start rerolling. See that I'm logged in with my first account so I collect the free stones and do a multisummon....Jesus.

1LAhdsb.jpg

This is probably my best pull ever.

Goegta is like a clingy ex with you isn't he? You just can't seem to avoid him haha

Durden77

1mzJTML.png

Probably the best pull I've ever gotten. GLad I started over now.

The other two (1 free) pulls were garbage, but I probably deserve it after this one.

Now have SV and Broly. Yay!

Well done.

Whales in these games totally fascinate me. I totally get spending money because you desire something so much, and it's partially driven because other people have it, but that can only justify spending so much, especialy in a game that has no PvP. When it gets into the thousands of dollars, I just don't get it.

It makes no sense whatsoever. Heck, I don't even agree with putting in more than $100 into this game. It's just not worth it, despite my interest in DBZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom