• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've had the same account since the game came out, and am currently over 400+ days and MANY stones spent. I'm not rerolling this late in the game :)
I think I will instantly quit if I don't get a non-Broly God lead at the Godfest summons. I've accepted that I will not be able to beat Omega Shenron and nobody playing Dokkan seems to care for making useful videos that are not Double Vegito.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I think I will instantly quit if I don't get a non-Broly God lead at the Godfest summons. I've accepted that I will not be able to beat Omega Shenron and nobody playing Dokkan seems to care for making useful videos that are not Double Vegito.
I managed to pull PHY Broly today, even if I don't get Super Vegito that pull alone has redeemed this shitty event :D

idonteven

did 3 multi summons not a single ssr

these multi summons suck

im gonna be out of story stones and be stuck with vegito as my only decent card in my team stuck with the most shit cards ever

Aiii

So not worth it
So since my account is only like 30-something days old, I only have Gogeta TUR now thanks to my draw, so using a TUR friend I'm burning through all my remaining dragon stones to get Vegito medals.

Every time you continue your fight order changes so it's pretty much luck of the draw on whether I get my TUR friend and TUR Gogeta to link and do some actual damage on SV... It's infuriating.

At least I know why I'm burning through stones, somehow feels better than using it for a summon and getting a shit draw.

idonteven

some people on reddit are waaaaay too lucky

luckym0ppz.jpg

MiTYH

What's your team set up? I might steal it if I have the units for it.

I'll admit, I got very lucky with some of these pulls in the past and have a great team for this event.

TUR Gogeta Lead
Friend Gogeta
TUR TEQ Cell
TUR SSJ3 Vegeta
TUR Janemba
UR Super Vegito
UR Super Strike KC

5/7 have the skill needed to do more damage in the final stage. There's good coverage for blocking, and KC's passive works for me. I'd say if you have TUR PSY Gohan, replace KC with that, it hits harder and has a link. Otherwise, I can get back with a few items and this team.

linkent

I managed to pull PHY Broly today, even if I don't get Super Vegito that pull alone has redeemed this shitty event :D

dont worry guys, there are people that cant get both got in many many gems.
at least Broly is a god card and he does good damage!

get SV on SSBKK banner or get more gods during the all gods banner!

My last 2 free multipulls from Quest stones, nothing but SR's :( the rates on this banner suck ass. Got like 6 SSRs from 14 or 15 multipulls. The SV dream is RIP for me :(

yogloo

I believe f2p players should reroll everytime there is a new meta. Especially if you do not get any of the newer stronger card. It is your single advantage over p2p players.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
dont worry guys, there are people that cant get both got in many many gems.
at least Broly is a god card and he does good damage!

get SV on SSBKK banner or get more gods during the all gods banner!
Mono Phy is the only team that cannot beat every event. With a God moniker, you'd think otherwise and even then you're probably going to be expending most of your items while other Gods barely touch theirs. There is a very wide gap between rank 4 and 5 of the Gods. Content is just going to get harder to combat the strength of mono teams and Phy already got its 100% unit and it did not give it the boost it needs. You look at the breadth of the viable Phy units and they all do the same thing generally, % boost on Super which is great, but that's it aside from sealing supers. Debuffs are already playing a larger role in fights and Phy lacks the ability to do so. If all that damage is Phy's trademark then Broly's pitiful Supreme modifier and flat attack passive is the biggest insult.

some people on reddit are waaaaay too lucky

luckym0ppz.jpg

This is the reroll I've been looking for.

So since my account is only like 30-something days old, I only have Gogeta TUR now thanks to my draw, so using a TUR friend I'm burning through all my remaining dragon stones to get Vegito medals.

Every time you continue your fight order changes so it's pretty much luck of the draw on whether I get my TUR friend and TUR Gogeta to link and do some actual damage on SV... It's infuriating.

At least I know why I'm burning through stones, somehow feels better than using it for a summon and getting a shit draw.

I have a Gogeta/Broly account I rerolled yesterday you could have if you wanted it. Or an account with Super Vegito and AGL SSB Vegita and TEQ SSJ3 Vegita/INT Perfect Cell. I could be wrong on the last two but I know for sure it has the first two units.. PM me if you're interested in either.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have a Gogeta/Broly account I rerolled yesterday you could have if you wanted it. Or an account with Super Vegito and AGL SSB Vegita and TEQ SSJ3 Vegita/INT Perfect Cell. I could be wrong on the last two but I know for sure it has the first two units.. PM me if you're interested in either.

I rolled 3 Super Vegito's and a Gogeta yesterday, so I'm good :D

I'm sure someone else here would love that account, though.

I rolled 3 Super Vegito's and a Gogeta yesterday, so I'm good :D

I'm sure someone else here would love that account, though.

Yeah I'm planning to do a giveaway post with them all in email tags after the event ends so anyone who missed them gets a chance. Unless anyone asks anyway. Think I'm gonna reroll until the event ends unless all three gods drop in one pull or something stupidly good like that.

Best starter I have right now is SV, AGL Frieeza and AGL U Gohan. A great pick of AGL's to start with but I really wanted at least one extra god card with it. It's going to have to be a badass account to actually become my main since my last has Gogeta and 4 other Dokkan Awakened units in my OIAF team.

Meneses

I'm switching my attention to the Trunks stuff because I need to farm his medals and the Gohan ones from the other event to awaken Xeno, and the SV / Broly stuff is hard and time / stamina consuming.

Gohan medals aren't dropping often but that's kinda alleviated by the fact that it almost always drops 3 senzus.

I wonder if just two Super Vegitos would have an easy time doing the super strike.

Got a 4th Broly on my last free pull. Guess I'll stick to friend Vegito's for now. Happy I finally have Gogeta. Now to work in awakening him and Broly to make the Vegito medals easier.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wonder how many people are going to pull SV but not be able to awaken him. His stage is a mofo. And that fucker supers, or gets 4 turns, at the worst possible time. WORST TIME. Things are going easier with SV in there instead of another TEQ. If you are using a sealer, the sealer plus SV can provide great defense. Just five more kills needed.

Based Gogeta coming through in a pinch against Super Vegito. 2 and some odd bar in a single dokkan super.

When the stars align and Gogeta gets the dokkan super, it is a beautiful thing.

commish

Anybody with a SV lead or a Gogeta with a high SA level wanna drop their friend code? Having trouble getting them to pop up.

I have both. Well, my gogeta is only SA7. 1480112852.

Also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/5awjem/gutted_4k_stones_but_no_super_vegito/

This guy spent nearly 4000 stones... and didn't get SV. I don't even understand what I am reading. He bought 3400 stones. Why not just buy an account with SV for 20 bucks and then use those stones to grind up to where you were before? Unreal. 3400 stones. $1500.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/5awjem/gutted_4k_stones_but_no_super_vegito/

This guy spent nearly 4000 stones... and didn't get SV. I don't even understand what I am reading. He bought 3400 stones. Why not just buy an account with SV for 20 bucks and then use those stones to grind up to where you were before? Unreal. 3400 stones. $1500.

YIKES

I've also ready enough stories and experienced it enough that I think there's an algorithm that punishes hoarding stones.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just dokkan awakened Super Vegito.

Only to realize I burned through my training items and friend summons two days ago to get all my summoned stuff and esp. Gogeta up to level.

Oops.

commish

YIKES

I've also ready enough stories and experienced it enough that I think there's an algorithm that punishes hoarding stones.

There's a lot of conspiracy theories going around, including the fact that certain cards just aren't in your available loot pool. Apparently if you spend 4000 stones, you have a 99.5% chance of getting SV. Unreal that he would still fail if that's true. I know it's possible... but it's just not POSSIBLE, if you know what I mean. 99.5%.

commish

Okay. Lemme know your name. Also gonna need to clear a spot for you :p.
Gonna take awhile cause I have to beat Gogeta and my break is over ;_;. But I'll do it later today

Saraga is in game name. And I hear you about creating space. I've been going through my list to weed out people. If someone hasn't logged in within the last 24 hours, or are using a useless leader that's not clearly for a current strike, gotta get the boot!

There's a lot of conspiracy theories going around, including the fact that certain cards just aren't in your available loot pool. Apparently if you spend 4000 stones, you have a 99.5% chance of getting SV. Unreal that he would still fail if that's true. I know it's possible... but it's just not POSSIBLE, if you know what I mean. 99.5%.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the system is rigged in some way. I also thought the mini-maintenance IMMEDIATELY after the banner came out was super fishy. No way they didn't make some droprate adjustments.

linkent

Mono Phy is the only team that cannot beat every event. With a God moniker, you'd think otherwise and even then you're probably going to be expending most of your items while other Gods barely touch theirs. There is a very wide gap between rank 4 and 5 of the Gods. Content is just going to get harder to combat the strength of mono teams and Phy already got its 100% unit and it did not give it the boost it needs. You look at the breadth of the viable Phy units and they all do the same thing generally, % boost on Super which is great, but that's it aside from sealing supers. Debuffs are already playing a larger role in fights and Phy lacks the ability to do so. If all that damage is Phy's trademark then Broly's pitiful Supreme modifier and flat attack passive is the biggest insult.

he is the weakest.. but better than nothing >.<
at least he can beat buuhan and you may get buuhan!

Anybody with a SV lead or a Gogeta with a high SA level wanna drop their friend code? Having trouble getting them to pop up.
1859187755 have both TUR SA 10

Also:

My SV is SA 8. Lemme know your game name so I know who to accept(I get lots of FRS now lel).

Added both of you.

Super and ZHard doffy drop Awakened SSJ GOKU!!

Aiii

So not worth it
Okay, even with my TUR Vegito at level 82 and my TUR Gogeta at 112 this game is way too easy mode. I'm raging through this Story event on Z-hard like it's Area 1 quest mode on Normal.

I mean, not that I'm complaining, but I hope the game doesn't become too dull like this.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Okay, even with my TUR Vegito at level 82 and my TUR Gogeta at 112 this game is way too easy mode. I'm raging through this Story event on Z-hard like it's Area 1 quest mode on Normal.

I mean, not that I'm complaining, but I hope the game doesn't become too dull like this.

All of the content that came out before their release will be stupid easy.

That's what the 40-50 STA Dokkan events are for, as well as the last 3 areas of story on ZHard.

Dandte

Rerolled for ours and finally got my Vegito. A unit i wanted since i started the game with global release. Sadly i lost my account with my beginner str goku iirc and phy picolo ssr. Good times back in the day...ok fast forward.

I did all multi plus the extra multi on the dokkan fest banner. I have no clue which cards are good and which to focus on, but even without knowledge about todays meta i know that all my pulls are medicore...at best with only one ssr.

So pls fellow dokkan gaffer, tell me which cards i should focus on :)

The stamina cost of events is just absurd, especially in light of their difficulty. Hard enough to know what team to use, some of them give you literally one chance before you don't have enough stamina to go again. 50 stamina is ridiculous. Add to that low droprates for a lot of the Strike stuff and yeah, it's shitty.

Savitar

Looks like there is a new stage up for the cross over event offering lots of items. Haven't tried it yet, got to finish Super Vegito four more times to dokkan TEQ Vegito and then finally finished him.

Also I accidentally used the wrong team and started against SV, well there goes 50 stamina for nothing.

The stamina cost of events is just absurd, especially in light of their difficulty. Hard enough to know what team to use, some of them give you literally one chance before you don't have enough stamina to go again. 50 stamina is ridiculous. Add to that low droprates for a lot of the Strike stuff and yeah, it's shitty.

With triple exp you can calculate how much stamina you'd need to complete some runs of high exp quest missions and can use that to level up and to keep it circulating.

denebj

Neo Member
So I am done with the 3 Vegitos and Broly medals ...

I am starting to farm the OPTC because of the better drop + already awakened Goku !

I saw that Trunk is open for the super strike. Is that guy actually helpful ? I would rather focus on the Goku drops ...

Also .. I ran out of money awakening all the new UR I pulled lol ... Got not enough for both INT / TEQ Vegito .. And I pulled Xeno of a single, I have 20 SR TEQ Trunk I need to awaken in order to raise his SA ... Neeeed moneeeeyyyyyy

Durden77

Any word on the luck from the Rising Dragon Carnival banner? Thinking about multi pulling there because I really want Majin Vegeta/Xeno Trunks/Elder Kai and already have SV/Broly and don't want to dump 150 stones back into that for a free summon.

I probably should do the GSSR banner though.

linkent

Any word on the luck from the Rising Dragon Carnival banner? Thinking about multi pulling there because I really want Majin Vegeta/Xeno Trunks/Elder Kai and already have SV/Broly and don't want to dump 150 stones back into that for a free summon.

I probably should do the GSSR banner though.
I did once and got Xeno trunks.
From the 2k gem summon video, pretty good chance to get both of them.

K I'll add you all. Just a heads up my SV is only lvl 85 or something. I haven't done friend point pulls because knowing my luck I'll need as many as possible when LR Android drop there.

yogloo

I wonder how many people are going to pull SV but not be able to awaken him. His stage is a mofo. And that fucker supers, or gets 4 turns, at the worst possible time. WORST TIME. Things are going easier with SV in there instead of another TEQ. If you are using a sealer, the sealer plus SV can provide great defense. Just five more kills needed.

When the stars align and Gogeta gets the dokkan super, it is a beautiful thing.
You only a single fierce battle unit to beat his stage. Basically, you borrow high Sa dokkaned super vegito from a friend and pair him with your own fierce battle unit. He will beat himself in no time.

Is anyone here one of these guys, or are they lurkers?

Aiii
Ace
Caim
Siaibi

There's one more, but it's a racial slur using phonetics(I think that's the term for it).

Just let me know if you're one of em so I can prioritize you before randoms.

You only a single fierce battle unit to beat his stage. Basically, you borrow high Sa dokkaned super vegito from a friend and pair him with your own fierce battle unit. He will beat himself in no time.
Kinky.

Meneses

So pls fellow dokkan gaffer, tell me which cards i should focus on :)

Since you're low on SSRs, i'd suggest grinding Story quests and rack up Dragon stones to spend on the guaranteed SSR banner. Most of it will be easy with SV (I don't know what team you can build with low Team Cost limit) and if you're just starting you'll be basically playing forever with the 3x EXP, ranking up all the time.

Regarding the SRs and Rs, I don't know by heart what they all do, but keep everything that has a special skill like Stun, Super Seal, Orb color changing, Perfect Guard (-30% or 50% enemy attack when guarding), reduce enemy attack, +HP when collecting orbs, etc.

Rs aren't always crap, that R Bulma for example is quite useful for stunning.

Keep units with links that give ki, like Prepared for Battle, Shocking Speed, and the like. They can complement your better characters by giving them more ki.

Also those with +2 Ki to a certain color, and those with Dokkan event specific passives and links, like the AGL Kid Trunks.

I suggest going through the Dokkan Battle Wikia, checking out the Dokkan events and what units have the relevant skills.

Also, don't immediately awaken all units you get, unless you really need the extra stats. If you keep them low, their cost will be almost always be lower, and it helps with the Super Strikes which have a team cost limit of 100 and where you can get some pretty good units (the current one, Trunks, isn't great, but most of the others are quite useful).

By not awakening everyone you'll also save money and materials, which can be short at the beginning.

And start increasing your character slots little by little. Also gather all the dragon balls and get all wishes (focus on the wishes that give you dragon stones, character storage).

Anything more specific, feel free to ask and we'll try to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom