• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You only a single fierce battle unit to beat his stage. Basically, you borrow high Sa dokkaned super vegito from a friend and pair him with your own fierce battle unit. He will beat himself in no time.

Damn, totally didn't think of using a dokkaned SV for this fight. Thanks for the tip.

commish

That feeling you get when you land on the power up squares on a map, and all 5 power up the one character, out of 7, that is useless to power up. Thanks for powering up my STR Goku, I guess.

so i did 4 or 5 multi summons today without a SSR

is this even possible ? the vegito multi summons are rigged af

They're terrible, if I could go back I would've spent all my stones after getting Brolly and Gogeta on the Rising Banner. I'm now stuck with no stones and not enough good cards to make a solid deck for any of these events. I have no blockers, no good support units like Phy Bardock, some mediocre stunners... I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep playing much longer. Just feels bad spending so many stones and still having extremely mediocre decks overall. And I can't even fathom rerolling, doing those Quest missions on all difficulties just once already was extremely boring. Even if I've spent no money, the time invested... I'd probably quit before rerolling.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That feeling you get when you land on the power up squares on a map, and all 5 power up the one character, out of 7, that is useless to power up. Thanks for powering up my STR Goku, I guess.

On ki squares if you see a lot of ki go to someone that doesn't need it and you really want it on someone, you can close out of the app before the animation disappears and it will save your position before you made the move, it can then go on to a different character. Not sure if it works on iOS but I'm pretty sure it does.

It can take a lot of tries, though.

commish

SA2 Super Vegito if you want

he'll be higher shortly and I'll have aoe Broly lead once WT drops

Okay I'll add you now.

Picked a dokkaned SV friend for SV fight, only used a single item and that was just for extra protection. Definitely the way to go for this fight.

Edit: Changed my Dokkan username to "Kommish". For whatever reason, "Commish" is a banned name. Go figure.

Aiii

So not worth it
On ki squares if you see a lot of ki go to someone that doesn't need it and you really want it on someone, you can close out of the app before the animation disappears and it will save your position before you made the move, it can then go on to a different character. Not sure if it works on iOS but I'm pretty sure it does.

This also works in battle if you make a wrong move or an enemy supers on you and you are sure you are going to die.

commish

This also works in battle if you make a wrong move or an enemy supers on you and you are sure you are going to die.

I know you can do it within a stage, but didn't know you can do it for ki links. I'll try it out.

Sent you one, in-game name is Violet since it was a default name and I couldn't be bothered to change it. Regrets!

You can change your name whenever you want from the options menu. Or maybe it's the help menu. Can't check atm.

TheAznOne

Finally dokkaned my SV. Doing the Trunks super strike with dual TUR SV leaders and 1 agl saibaman and it's a breeze. Will get the medals to dokkan Xeno Trunks within the hour. If anyone need a TUR SA9 S.Vegito or TUR max SA M.Vegeta for WT friend, feel free to add me.

ID:3109782106

You can change your name whenever you want from the options menu. Or maybe it's the help menu. Can't check atm.

Oh yeah it was in Help, never thought to check there, thanks!

I am now Trashman, and all is right in the world.

edit: I like how people are saying things like "finally Dokkaned my SV" as if he's been out for more than literally a day

Savitar

Hey that was a WHOLE day without him almost not being dokkaned, it's like a crime against the game. It had to be done.

Got my SA SV out for any of those on my friends list too, only 5 but hey.

MiTYH

Yea-yuh! SV is dokkaned now, and leveled up. Gonna get those 35 more medals for INT Vegito, then move onto the Despair questline, I don't think I ever ran it before.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh yeah it was in Help, never thought to check there, thanks!

I am now Trashman, and all is right in the world.

edit: I like how people are saying things like "finally Dokkaned my SV" as if he's been out for more than literally a day

That is 11 runs of absolute terror, friend. He is one tough cookie.

---
Back up to 50 stones, which banner do I pull on?

MisterMac

Yea-yuh! SV is dokkaned now, and leveled up. Gonna get those 35 more medals for INT Vegito, then move onto the Despair questline, I don't think I ever ran it before.

Be my friend please so I can have more dokkan Super Vegito pals when I start doing his fight!

Working on awakening STR Broly now. What an easy fight. He hits my units for less than Kid Buu will heal for on the next turn

That is 11 runs of absolute terror, friend. He is one tough cookie.

---
Back up to 50 stones, which banner do I pull on?

Not as bad as Broly. Its so dumb how you basically need the 3 SSJ Son family members to even stand a chance. At least SV can be damaged by units for more than 100 damage.

Anyways for your pull it all depends on what you want. Do you want more Dokkan characters and are you close to a free pull? If neither then go for the dragon banner to get AOE units or save for SSBKK/Gotenks.

You can go for GSSR banner but I'm sure we will get 50 stones for December and it lasts till 31st of December.

MisterMac

Not as bad as Broly. Its so dumb how you basically need the 3 SSJ Son family members to even stand a chance. At least SV can be damaged by units for more than 100 damage.

Anyways for your pull it all depends on what you want. Do you want more Dokkan characters and are you close to a free pull? If neither then go for the dragon banner to get AOE units or save for SSBKK/Gotenks.

You can go for GSSR banner but I'm sure we will get 50 stones for December and it lasts till 31st of December.

If you have a character whose supers greatly lower defense and you can keep the debuff on Broly your other units can push considerable damage through.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Aiii

So not worth it

Pulled on the dragon banner, not sure how I feel about this heh...
img_0025cluev.png

commish

Finally dokkaned my SV. Doing the Trunks super strike with dual TUR SV leaders and 1 agl saibaman and it's a breeze. Will get the medals to dokkan Xeno Trunks within the hour. If anyone need a TUR SA9 S.Vegito or TUR max SA M.Vegeta for WT friend, feel free to add me.

I'll add you.

Also, we can dokkan Xeno Trunks now? I didn't see the dokkan fight, or is it from the strike?

Meneses

Added you, my in-game name is Flipmenex. I have undokkaned SV for now, I need all the help I can get to grab those medals lol

Also, we can dokkan Xeno Trunks now? I didn't see the dokkan fight, or is it from the strike?

Yeah, there's no special event, you need Trunks medals from the strike and Gohan medals from the Story event.

Durden77

Shit.

Now I don't know what to do.

GAF tell me what to do. Fairly fresh account (rank 45 been grinding like crazy since I rerolled for SV) that has Broly and SV. I have 150 DS right now.

Should I...

1. Keep going with the Dokkan Banner in hopes for Gogeta (Spent 150 DS on already)

2. PUll on the Rising Dragon banner in hopes for Trunks/Majin Vegeta and an Elder Kai

3. Do the GSSR summons

4. Just hold my stones

Current SSRS are Super Vegito, PHY Broly, AGL Ultimate Gohan, and SSJ3 Goku.

Anybody with a SV lead or a Gogeta with a high SA level wanna drop their friend code? Having trouble getting them to pop up.

I have a UR Gogeta at SA 10. Working on awakening him now. 446127475 (Can occasionally become a Phy Broly at SA 4). Name is Abra.

Also got enough stones from the event for my first GSSR, FINALLY got my first AGL SSR pull. AGL Ult. Gohan. Making that Gogeta medal grind even easier. (Also STR Gotenks)

If you have a character whose supers greatly lower defense and you can keep the debuff on Broly your other units can push considerable damage through.

The problem is getting the supers off on Broly 2 times before he ends up killing you to even have the debuff stick. Also the type change screws with the unit distribution. From AGL to needing STR for the last part

Edit: Friend ID 2323639949
Here is my account. Made some space and have a SA9 Gogeta and occasional SV SA3.

Gonna use Gogeta mostly atm since I'm trying to level up multiple units and have a rainbow team going on.

Pulled on the dragon banner, not sure how I feel about this heh...
Np. It's a huge benefit to me too lol.
The problem is getting the supers off on Broly 2 times before he ends up killing you to even have the debuff stick. Also the type change screws with the unit distribution. From AGL to needing STR for the last part.

How does the new event work? DS does he go ape shit and go from STR to PHY? And do you get like 7 medals from it or what?

Edit:. That glorious moment when the enemy Super Gogeta attacks the first unit three times so you put in SV and counters deal over half his health looool.

edit edit: that sad moment when SG goes 4 times and your SV isn't up </3

idonteven

Shit.

GAF tell me what to do. Fairly fresh account (rank 45 been grinding like crazy since I rerolled for SV) that has Broly and SV. I have 150 DS right now.

Should I...

1. Keep going with the Dokkan Banner in hopes for Gogeta (Spent 150 DS on already)

2. PUll on the Rising Dragon banner in hopes for Trunks/Majin Vegeta and an Elder Kai

3. Do the GSSR summons

4. Just hold my stones

meh i didnt even get broly only vegito and i said fuck it im playing on this account

had crazy crazy bad luck tho

pretty much stuck with vegito and no decent other cards

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Shit.

Should I...

3. Do the GSSR summons

4. Just hold my stones

If you plan on doing WT I would go for the Rising Dragon, best chance of getting those two attack all units.

My SR units are awful so I pulled on the Dokkan banner in hopes of my boy Chiaotzu. Somehow I managed to get all SR units that are dupes.

Durden77

If you plan on doing WT I would go for the Rising Dragon, best chance of getting those two attack all units.

My SR units are awful so I pulled on the Dokkan banner in hopes of my boy Chiaotzu. Somehow I managed to get all SR units that are dupes.

I pulled twice on the rising Dragon. Got nothing but SRs in the first pull and then Great Sayiman and INT SSR Trunks in the second. No bamner characters arg. Dunno if I should got for a third...

Np. It's a huge benefit to me too lol.

How does the new event work? DS does he go ape shit and go from STR to PHY? And do you get like 7 medals from it or what?

Edit:. That glorious moment when the enemy Super Gogeta attacks the first unit three times so you put in SV and counters deal over half his health looool.

Ok so Super difficulty is impossible without Blazing Battle units. If you have King Vegeta you are screwed so don't bring him since last Broly is PHY.

Any of the 3 Son cards help a ton if you have them. Goten, Goku or Gohan. I myself only have Gohan. They neutralize Rampage on their own and don't need to link with anyone. The same goes for AGL Kid Trunks which we got for free and he also changed orbs to AGL if they are rainbows. Only 4 units that can disable Rampage on their own.

We got a free SSR AGL Goku last night who has Blazing battle so make sure to use him after awakening him.

Videl Saiyaman 2 of either type has the defense debuff you need if you don't have the Son family cards. You wanna use the STR version if you can though. Has the better ability and typing.

Mighty Mask is another one with defense debuff.

SR AGL Trunks is good for blocking the STR version but is really weak for the last portion. But he has Blazing battle so he can make all the difference.

Avoid blocking with the wrong type even if Blazing battle is active since its a lot of damage.

1st fight is PHY SSJ Broly who will die with a couple supers.
2nd fight is STR LSSJ Broly who cannot be damaged by Gogeta/SV unless Videl/Mighty Mask gets his super off 2 times to allow the damage to stick.
3rd and final fight is PHY LSSJ Broly who can super 2 times. You need to super him 2 times with Videl/Mighty Mask or Gogeta/SV can't damage him. It helps to have Goku or Goten at this point.

Toughest fight for weakest God card, real legit. #Salt

So using SV for Trunks strike. Hopefully the didn't make it stupid hard to counter SV because that'd be stupid and unfair and I'd be buttmad. Also, my trunks with 10% orb is my only AGL semi-nuker so he'll help too :D

Ok so Super difficulty is impossible without Blazing Battle units. If you have King Vegeta you are screwed so don't bring him since last Broly is PHY.

Any of the 3 Son cards help a ton if you have them. Goten, Goku or Gohan. I myself only have Gohan. They neutralize Rampage on their own and don't need to link with anyone. The same goes for AGL Kid Trunks which we got for free and he also changed orbs to AGL if they are rainbows. Only 4 units that can disable Rampage on their own.

We got a free SSR AGL Goku last night who has Blazing battle so make sure to use him after awakening him.

Videl Saiyaman 2 of either type has the defense debuff you need if you don't have the Son family cards. You wanna use the STR version if you can though. Has the better ability and typing.

Mighty Mask is another one with defense debuff.

SR AGL Trunks is good for blocking the STR version but is really weak for the last portion. But he has Blazing battle so he can make all the difference.

Avoid blocking with the wrong type even if Blazing battle is active since its a lot of damage.

1st fight is PHY SSJ Broly who will die with a couple supers.
2nd fight is STR LSSJ Broly who cannot be damaged by Gogeta/SV unless Videl/Mighty Mask gets his super off 2 times to allow the damage to stick.
3rd and final fight is PHY LSSJ Broly who can super 2 times. You need to super him 2 times with Videl/Mighty Mask or Gogeta/SV can't damage him. It helps to have Goku or Goten at this point.

Toughest fight for weakest God card, real legit. #Salt

Shit. Yeh I have none of the family, but I have Kid Trunks, Mighty Mask, and I'm pretty sure that Goku we got DAs which I did with one I got eons ago. I'm not gonna bother with Broly, I'm gonna do Gogeta which I'm almost done with. Then the despair for DSs, then Strike for Xeno DAing. Thanks for the advice, now if I get Phy broly I'm prepared. I like STR broly more doe

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Not sure if it's even worth going after Xeno at this point. At least for me. There's only two more tournaments as we've known them until the revamp and the revamp's best strategy is to aoe nuke which I can already do. Having two aoes helps with the current types of tournaments but soon it's not going to matter as much

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Do mission rewards transfer with a device transfer? Been playing on Bluestacks and gonna move to my iOS but don't want to redeem the dragon stones from the rewards before transferring.

Aiii

So not worth it
Do mission rewards transfer with a device transfer? Been playing on Bluestacks and gonna move to my iOS but don't want to redeem the dragon stones from the rewards before transferring.
Everything except stones will transfer.

One more day down and I've still not managed to roll SV alongside either Gogeta or Broly. These pull rates are total crap too. Swear Japan got it way better than us.

Meneses

I fucking got Super Vegito, Gogeta and PHY Broly. My god. My account is insane.

Nice, congrats.

I did 4 singles today as a last ditch effort, got 3 SRs and a dupe STR SS3 Goku. I'm calling it quits on the pulls for now, might use a couple stones on stamina refreshes while going for the 3 Vegitos Dokkans.

I'm probably not going after Broly for now.

Should I buy a 91 stone pack? I'd have 100 stones and then I'd get three pulls on the God banner(I just need two more pulls to get the free one)

Don't do it man, you already got some good stuff and the chance of getting all crap is pretty real.

Save your money for the next big thing.

Should I buy a 91 stone pack? I'd have 100 stones and then I'd get three pulls on the God banner(I just need two more pulls to get the free one)

Do you have the discounted amount? If you do then yes, if not then buy the 63 pack.

Wait if you need 2 more pulls to get the free pull, you have your 2 pulls with 100 stones?

Alternately if you have the 3 times on 32 pack, just buy 2 of those for the discounted amount.

Nice, congrats.

I did 4 singles today as a last ditch effort, got 3 SRs and a dupe STR SS3 Goku. I'm calling it quits on the pulls for now, might use a couple stones on stamina refreshes while going for the 3 Vegitos Dokkans.

I'm probably not going after Broly for now.

Don't do it man, you already got some good stuff and the chance of getting all crap is pretty real.

Save your money for the next big thing.

My only good thing was SV D: everything else was like SRs and Rs. But I did also get GT trunks which kinda nukes so unno.

Do you have the discounted amount? If you do then yes, if not then buy the 63 pack.

Wait if you need 2 more pulls to get the free pull, you have your 2 pulls with 100 stones?

Alternately if you have the 3 times on 32 pack, just buy 2 of those for the discounted amount.

I have 9 stones currently, the 91 pack would get me to 100 lol.

My only good thing was SV D: everything else was like SRs and Rs. But I did also get GT trunks which kinda nukes so unno.

I have 9 stones currently, the 91 pack would get me to 100 lol.

Oh my bad for misreading that. Do you have the discounted amount? Then go for it.

It is cheaper to buy the 32 pack 3 times though if you haven't bought any, just a heads up. You get an extra 5 stones that way at 96.

Is it worth bringing both Mighty Mask (undokkaned) and STR Saiyawoman into Broly or should I just stick with Saiyawoman? Hypothetically. Also, should I prioritize Gogeta dokkaning or god Broly? My Blazing Battle units are Agi kid Trunks, Saiyawoman, Mighty Mask, TEQ SSJ Goku (the free one, dokkaned with max SA), AGI SSJ Goku and R Agi Trunks (lol).

Oh also I have Str Buutenks with Seal-on-super ability, is that good for Broly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom