• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is t o o m u c h c o n t e n t

actually burning out on the game a bit from trying to do all of it. I need Super Strike characters because I don't have any, but the idea of farming enough cards to get them to SA15 is... not pleasant. Just have the 1 trunks and enough medals to dokkan him. Farming 7 general Tao medals now. Then it's probably off to try to get the medals to Dokkan my INT Teen Gohan but idk if I can even get there, that event is huge.

Durden77

Focus on leveling up while farming. Its x3 exp and the event lasts at least 2 weeks at this point.

In other news, rip me badly. I have to farm Goku medals, Vegeta medals, Teen Gohan medals, the STR SSJ Goku and more. Gonna have to speed it up using stones.

Any tips on the best place to farm Gregory and Supreme Kai, if any?

I was trying to "save" some ranks for the WT so I could level up and refill my stamina easily, but I'm starting realizing that's pretty dumb because I'm rank 85 and probably should get as many ranks as I can.

actually burning out on the game a bit from trying to do all of it. I need Super Strike characters because I don't have any, but the idea of farming enough cards to get them to SA15 is... not pleasant. Just have the 1 trunks and enough medals to dokkan him. Farming 7 general Tao medals now. Then it's probably off to try to get the medals to Dokkan my INT Teen Gohan but idk if I can even get there, that event is huge.

This was actually one of the reasons I quit the game initially. I was a player right at launch, and played it for months before burning out. It got to the point to where I didn't even have time for any other games because I had to be constantly playing this to be the most efficient at it. It's kind of exhausting really.

But these days I have a mind-numbing job that it helps me tap though, and the game in general is much more exciting than back then. But sometimes, yeah it's still a lot.

I wish they would give you something you could do while the game idles. So you could at least make some sort of progress in some area without having to constantly engage with it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I just wish I knew what to focus on and what could be skipped.

I was trying to "save" some ranks for the WT so I could level up and refill my stamina easily, but I'm starting realizing that's pretty dumb because I'm rank 85 and probably should get as many ranks as I can.

You should definitely get as many ranks as you can. Keep in mind that, with triple XP, you can still play indefinitely.

You get 20 gregories form the first stage of the One Piece event on Hard, not guaranteed. For the safe option, the first stage on easy of the Goku event that's always on (only 4 stamina) always gives 5 gregories. Also remember to check Baba's shop regularly.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Only 85? If you juggle z-hard stages into your farming flow you can basically play forever. You don't start to see rough diminishing returns until rank 200+.

Kitoro

Would anyone with a Dokkan Super Vegito mind adding me to their friends list? I've got a non Dokkan Super Vegito, soon to be Dokkan status, but running the stage takes way too long without one of you guys.

Thanks so much!

Friend Code: 1335931643

Durden77

You get 20 gregories form the first stage of the One Piece event on Hard, not guaranteed. For the safe option, the first stage on easy of the Goku event that's always on (only 4 stamina) always gives 5 gregories. Also remember to check Baba's shop regularly.

Haven't gotten the 20 Gregory drop yet but thanks, lookin for it. Also are the Awakening Medal stages even worth doing? Do Supreme Kais show up on there sometimes?

Only 85? If you juggle z-hard stages into your farming flow you can basically play forever. You don't start to see rough diminishing returns until rank 200+.

Yeah, I really should focus purley on ranking up, but I'm always trying to use my stamina as efficiently as possible, which takes longer. In the long run it's probably be more beneficial if I just ripped through some ranks though.

Holy shit. I thought my 85 was a lot lol. How'd you get so manu multipulls?

And yeh forgot about that. Feeding shall commence!

310k friend points so over 300 multis lol. I have done a ton of missions and tournaments alone add around 32000 points since 4 rounds x80.

Would anyone with a Dokkan Super Vegito mind adding me to their friends list? I've got a non Dokkan Super Vegito, soon to be Dokkan status, but running the stage takes way too long without one of you guys.

Thanks so much!

Friend Code: 1335931643

There is a NeoGAF sheet with people that have SV. Add them from there. I'm doing Hero extermination so Kid Buu is my leader atm.

Well I'm pretty happy with my account. I've not had it a week and already I've got Dokkan Xeno Trunks, TUR Gogeta and TUR Super Vegito plus a stash of 20 UR capable units.

My player rank could with a bit of boosting really but my ISP has crapped out yet again and I can only get in via mobile data as and when I can get it. I'd really rather be around LV 150 before triple xp ends but I doubt I'll get this fixed in time.

Savitar

In case anyone needs support items Bulam's special event up has a ton of them which will give you if lucky all the best stuff you could need.

Durden77

Well I'm pretty happy with my account. I've not had it a week and already I've got Dokkan Xeno Trunks, TUR Gogeta and TUR Super Vegito plus a stash of 20 UR capable units.

My player rank could with a bit of boosting really but my ISP has crapped out yet again and I can only get in via mobile data as and when I can get it. I'd really rather be around LV 150 before triple xp ends but I doubt I'll get this fixed in time.

How the hell did you already Dokkan SV? I just started this account last Tuesday. Haven't tried the Dokkan event yet but I feel like there's no way I could do it.

How the hell did you already Dokkan SV? I just started this account last Tuesday. Haven't tried the Dokkan event yet but I feel like there's no way I could do it.

I just used a standard SV lead and AGL team with TUR Gogeta in there. Then I paired Gogeta with a friend TUR SV and let them do all the work at the last stage. Used the typical items most people use for dokkan events.

Durden77

I just used a standard SV lead and AGL team with TUR Gogeta in there. Then I paired Gogeta with a friend TUR SV and let them do all the work at the last stage. Used the typical items most people use for dokkan events.

Dang. Wish I had Gogeta. Would you mind if I added your TUR SV and give is a shot? If I have an Awakened SV and some strong but non-Awakened AGL units, (Ultimate Gohan, AGL Xeno Trunks, kid trunks for orb changing) do you think I have a shot in hell?

I could throw Broly in there too. He's awakened but not Dokkaned.

Also wow, Hehaychiagdjwhogivesafuck in Hero Extermination Plan just hit my Vegito for 72,000 with his super, killing him in 1 hit. Awesome. Dunno how I'm gonna do this.

Alright, I'm in desperate need to clean out units from my box. It's too hectic! Here's everything that isn't a SSR. I want to do some FP pulls to use as training fodder to my TUR SV, and my other Vegito units.
Quote to see link to album :p.

Edit: I'm a noob and forgot how to do the quote to see lol. DUN MAKE FUN!

Dang. Wish I had Gogeta. Would you mind if I added your TUR SV and give is a shot? If I have an Awakened SV and some strong but non-Awakened AGL units, (Ultimate Gohan, AGL Xeno Trunks, kid trunks for orb changing) do you think I have a shot in hell?

Also wow, Hehaychiagdjwhogivesafuck in Hero Extermination Plan just hit my Vegito for 72,000 with his super, killing him in 1 hit. Awesome. Dunno how I'm gonna do this.

I'd say get a Super Sealer(I used SSJ Gotenks because he paired very well with my SV and made it so I needed like 5ki to super. Then I went on the ki markers and got some ki for him). Get someone who has perfect defense(like TEQ SSR Piccolo from Baba shop) a stunner(I used TEQ Whis, and although he doesn't stun for two turns he has a very high chance to stun for 1 turn even with regular attacks. Useful for when SV goes last). Then you need units that have fierce battle link so you don't do chump damage. I used TUR AGL Kid Buu as a lead so I have lots of health, and then had TUR INT Cell(my only other fierce battle link would have been STR Broly which would be a terrible choice to use).

Just bring Baba and if you see he's gonna super close the app before he does and use Baba.

I could offer you my TUR SV, but he's like lvl 70 currently. Working on leveling him up so he's not a scroob

You're probably better off adding random guests to be honest since mine is low level due to major internet issues right now so he may be stuck like that for a while. It's so bad I can't even log in.

To be honest you only need one thing to be able to make it. Any character with the blazing battle link or whatever it's called. If you have that you can pair him with a friend TUR and make it. You need that link to break his barrier and without it you're gonna have a really rough time.

Durden77

Alright, I'm in desperate need to clean out units from my box. It's too hectic! Here's everything that isn't a SSR. I want to do some FP pulls to use as training fodder to my TUR SV, and my other Vegito units.

I'd say get a Super Sealer(I used SSJ Gotenks because he paired very well with my SV and made it so I needed like 5ki to super. Then I went on the ki markers and got some ki for him). Get someone who has perfect defense(like TEQ SSR Piccolo from Baba shop) a stunner(I used TEQ Whis, and although he doesn't stun for two turns he has a very high chance to stun for 1 turn even with regular attacks. Useful for when SV goes last). Then you need units that have fierce battle link so you don't do chump damage. I used TUR AGL Kid Buu as a lead so I have lots of health, and then had TUR INT Cell(my only other fierce battle link would have been STR Broly which would be a terrible choice to use).

Just bring Baba and if you see he's gonna super close the app before he does and use Baba.

I could offer you my TUR SV, but he's like lvl 70 currently. Working on leveling him up so he's not a scroob

You're probably better off adding random guests to be honest since mine is low level due to major internet issues right now so he may be stuck like that for a while. It's so bad I can't even log in.

To be honest you only need one thing to be able to make it. Any character with the blazing battle link or whatever it's called. If you have that you can pair him with a friend TUR and make it. You need that link to break his barrier and without it you're gonna have a really rough time.

I don't think I have any fierce battle links.....sad times.

I have characters that have it once they're Dokkaned but I haven't Dokkaned them yet.

Damn you cruel world. I don’t know if I'm going to be able to Dokkan SV, Broly, or Majin Vegeta in this time frame. *sobs*

Wow you have wayyyy too many SRs. You need to start selling most of them to baba and getting some of their SAs up.

I'm gonna make a keep list and sell list for each typing.

TEQ
Keep: Pan, Goten, Beerus, SSJ Vegeta, ROF base Goku, Piccolo, Bunny Bulma, Guldo, GT kid Goku, Jaco, Skinny Gotenks, Jackie Chun,
Sell: Everything else or raise SA of the above units

AGL
Keep: Bardock, Roshi, Devilman, Gohan (adult), SSJ Trunks, SSJ Kid Trunks, Pikkon, Regular Trunks (R) edition,
Sell: Everything else. Feed SSJ AGL Goten to the TEQ one for SA level.

INT
Keep: Frieza, Cooler, Kid SSJ Trunks, Chilled, SSJ Vegeta, Mecha Frieza, Babadi, Super Buu Piccolo, #16, Bulma, Yamcha,
Sell: everything else, feed pan to TEQ pan. Feed Goku to TEQ Goku,

STR
Keep: Great Saiyaman, Bulma, Tao, Launch, Riddlo, Dabura, Bojack, Super Buu (Gotenks), Goku regular, SSJ Gohan Tracksuit, 2nd form Frieza,
Sell: everything else Feed SSJ Trunks to INT

PHY
Keep: Fat Gotenks, SSJ Gohan Tracksuit, DB kid Goku, Goku Ginyu, Future Gohan, Veku, Piccolo Jr. GT Goten, King Cold, Vegeta regular,
Sell: everything else

Sell most of your Rs except the ones I mentioned.

Also organize your list better please. Go to the corner bottom right and change it to type, then switch to favorite. Everything will fall into order easily.

Wow you have wayyyy too many SRs. You need to start selling most of them to baba and getting some of their SAs up.

I'm gonna make a keep list and sell list for each typing.

TEQ
Keep: Pan, Goten, Beerus, SSJ Vegeta, ROF base Goku, Piccolo, Bunny Bulma, Guldo, GT kid Goku, Jaco, Skinny Gotenks, Jackie Chun,
Sell: Everything else or raise SA of the above units

AGL
Keep: Bardock, Roshi, Devilman, Gohan (adult), SSJ Trunks, SSJ Kid Trunks, Pikkon, Regular Trunks (R) edition,
Sell: Everything else. Feed SSJ AGL Goten to the TEQ one for SA level.

INT
Keep: Frieza, Cooler, Kid SSJ Trunks, Chilled, SSJ Vegeta, Mecha Frieza, Babadi, Super Buu Piccolo, #16, Bulma, Yamcha,
Sell: everything else, feed pan to TEQ pan. Feed Goku to TEQ Goku,

STR
Keep: Great Saiyaman, Bulma, Tao, Launch, Riddlo, Dabura, Bojack, Super Buu (Gotenks), Goku regular, SSJ Gohan Tracksuit, 2nd form Frieza,
Sell: everything else Feed SSJ Trunks to INT

PHY
Keep: Fat Gotenks, SSJ Gohan Tracksuit, DB kid Goku, Goku Ginyu, Future Gohan, Veku, Piccolo Jr. GT Goten, King Cold, Vegeta regular,
Sell: everything else

Sell most of your Rs except the ones I mentioned.

Also organize your list better please. Go to the corner bottom right and change it to type, then switch to favorite. Everything will fall into order easily.

Alright I shall do all that. And my box is organized by Rarity then type. Just it got uploaded weird.
Edit: I shouldn't keep AGL Vegeta(GT)? He DAs to baby infected doesn't he?

Edited edit: And no keeping General Blue :p? What's going on here :0?

Alright I shall do all that. And my box is organized by Rarity then type. Just it got uploaded weird.
Edit: I shouldn't keep AGL Vegeta(GT)? He DAs to baby infected doesn't he?

Edited edit: And no keeping General Blue :p? What's going on here :0?

Sorry the changing types threw me off. I had to go back and forth and missed a couple. You should know which ones to keep for the most part. Any unit that turns into UR should be kept regardless.

MisterMac

Bring on the World Tournament.

Pu5Dowt.jpg

Will be even better if the rof event comes back and I can dokkan Frieza into his +2ki passive version. Then better again when I can rebirth SSJ2 Goku into his +3ki passive. SSJ3 Vegeta and Vegito eat all the damage and Vegeta gives Majin Vegeta over in a flash ki+3.

Pu5Dowt.jpg

Will be even better if the rof event comes back and I can dokkan Frieza into his +2ki passive version. Then better again when I can rebirth SSJ2 Goku into his +3ki passive. SSJ3 Vegeta and Vegito eat all the damage and Vegeta gives Majin Vegeta over in a flash ki+3.

Don't you have anything to replace that 3rd form Frieza?

Pu5Dowt.jpg

Eh shouldn't you train your Majin Vegeta ? He's level 1.

MisterMac

Don't you have anything to replace that 3rd form Frieza?

This go around I will probably bring PHY Bardock for the extra ki. I'll dokkan that Frieza when his event comes and use him after that. He might stay on my team til he maxes his level though.

Eh shouldn't you train your Majin Vegeta ? He's level 1.

Nah why bother if he's just gonna blow himself up?

Give me SOME credit jeeze. I just awakened him 5 minutes before I took the picture cause I was excited. He's close enough to max level now and I'll get the last few levels in the WT

mileS

Pulled Super Gogeta today with my last bit of gems on a single pull!!! Just started playing the day the crossover event started so I still have a lot to learn. It seems just as daunting to start as Treasure Cruise was. Hopefully there are some parallels I can draw to help learn everything.

Lagamorph

Finally got all of the 147 Super Vegito medals I needed, so that's AGL Super Vegito, TEQ Vegito and INT Vegito all Dokkan'd.

Already Dokkan'd STR Broly and I didn't get PHY Broly or Gogeta, so I'm done with the super hard 40/50 stamina events for now.
Just waiting for the ones for PHY Frieza, TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta, INT Cell and INT Ultimate Gohan to roll back around.

Ughhhhh I hate how many medals regular Vegitos need. I have to do this mission 10 times! It's not hard by any stretch, it's just so bloody long and consumes about half my STA. 1 time down 9 to go.

Whooo! My ISP actually fixed my issue fast for once. Back to the player level grind. I did a multi on the AGL banner as well and pulled SSG Goku again which I was super pleased with. I saw an SSJ3 Goku at the start of the pull too and for a second was really hoping I'd had the luck to pull him in AGL form too, but alas no. That would have been all my favorite units back from my main other than SSJ Gotenks.

Edit: So I just noticed something strange. AGL SSG Goku uses PHY awakening medals? I just wasted way more stam than I'd have liked.

Durden77

For as much as people talk good about TEQ Whis stunning, I feel like he like....never does for me. Seriously I don't know if he has once.

Does his stun last into the next turn? OR it it only the current turn it affects?

Meneses

For as much as people talk good about TEQ Whis stunning, I feel like he like....never does for me. Seriously I don't know if he has once.

Does his stun last into the next turn? OR it it only the current turn it affects?

I think the stun from the super lasts into next turn, and the stun from just attacking only lasts for the current turn.

Shanlei91

MiTYH

Finally having some decentish luck farming Gokus from Doffy's event

INT Ecstatic Combat is SA 10
Working on PHY Trumphant Light now
After that, maybe one of the AGLs with a rebirth. Should probably work on those medals too, but those come back at least

I've already got 9 of those TEQ gokus from that tourney saved. Haven't awoken them yet, but I'm hoping if I can farm enough from Doffy's event I wont have to bother

Durden77

I think the stun from the super lasts into next turn, and the stun from just attacking only lasts for the current turn.

Looks like it's 40% and only lasts on the current turn.

Someone on reddit put together a list of stun units and their effects:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/44su2c/all_stun_units_in_the_game/

Edit : NVM I'm dumb forgot Gotenks has super seal. Thanks for the info on Whis. Now that I know it's for the current turn I can position him a bit better.

Also I've managed to claw my way up to the Majin Vegeta medal stage. Figured out once I have each awakened unit on my team I can use non-awakened units after that. Wow I feel dumb. Now I only have to use 1 friend summoned awakened character instead of 3, which helps so much.

Let's see how tough this is. Wish me luck, wanna Dokkan this mf before the WT so bad.

Maxim726X

How the fuck do you beat Broly?

He's destroying me, even with a team full of URs with Blazing battle (and AGL Trunks, SA 10.)

Shit is nuts.

Shanlei91

Got 5 Majin Vegeta medals in my first 3 runs yesterday. Then I went 10 runs not getting a single drop. Out of pure frustration I moved back to grinding Story. Then this morning I got the last 2 in my first run of the day. Worst RNG.

Now I have to do the same for PHY Buu, AGL Goku and INT Trunks. :-/

you need the lord and savior

What is going on in his crotch?

Durden77

Got 5 Majin Vegeta medals in my first 3 runs yesterday. Then I went 10 runs not getting a single drop. Out of pure frustration I moved back to grinding Story. Then this morning I got the last 2 in my first run of the day. Worst RNG.

Now I have to do the same for PHY Buu, AGL Goku and INT Trunks. :-/

What is going on in his crotch?

Yikes. Sounds like I've got my work cut out for me. Not getting medals is going to be so frustrating. How they gonna do that when it costs so much stamina.

I just beat Majin Vegeta once. Had to use a stone, but I think I can take him using items correctly. I also have to do INT Trunks and AGL Goku but my villain team isn't up to snuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom